HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Activate full-force tank mode - FLA win 3-2

Old
12-31-2011, 10:00 PM
Traitor8

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs23 View Post
Great! But real life isn't EASports.
We can easily get picks for Gill, Moen, Campoli. Cammalleri has a good rep in the league and can get us a late 1st. Gorges would be a valuable addition to many teams going into the playoffs.

Kostitsyn will be the hardest sell. I don't think i said anything "out there".

Traitor8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traitor8 View Post
What needs to be done:

Get a pick for Hal Gill
Get a pick for Travis Moen
Get a late 1st for Cammalleri
Maybe trade Gorges for late 1st or early 2nd
Trade Kostitsyn for an early 2nd or late 1st
Trade Campoli for a pick
Trade Gomez and Gionta for almost anything (highly unlikely)
Why the **** are people so obsessed with moving Gio and Cammy? For the most part those guys produce, and it's not like we need 40 mil in cap room, once you dump Gomez you have nearly 30 mil to spend on RFA's and UFA's...you can sign 2 of AK, a UFA d-man and a UFA forward totalling about 10 mil.

Gio scores 30 a year and provides greart leadership, it's no coincidence the team went in the crapper not long after he went out. Cammy most years is clutch, once he gets hot he can carry the team and he is a beast at playoff time. If you dump those guys you end up spending their cap hit on crap like Leino or a guy like Hemsky who plays 60 games a year.

Monctonscout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by nittany View Post
So do people agree with me that PG is not the guy for this team?
He hasn't done anything wrong and has only made good moves. Not his fault he was handed a **** sandwich.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 10:01 PM
ROSSter

Full Tank ahead! Next stop Grigorenko

ROSSter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 10:02 PM
Kikizaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76ftw View Post
Can we ban people who ***** about Price?
just ignore them.

Rough game to lose. These are the teams we have to beat in order to climb out of the hole. Cunneyworth has not impressed me with some of his decisions.

Kikizaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 10:04 PM
Maliki2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikizaz View Post
just ignore them.

Rough game to lose. These are the teams we have to beat in order to climb out of the hole. Cunneyworth has not impressed me with some of his decisions.
But you liked the boring style of JM? One thing that Cunney has brought is some form of excitement in the form of offense. Something JM never did in the 3+ years.

Maliki2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 10:08 PM
Traitor8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Why the **** are people so obsessed with moving Gio and Cammy? For the most part those guys produce, and it's not like we need 40 mil in cap room, once you dump Gomez you have nearly 30 mil to spend on RFA's and UFA's...you can sign 2 of AK, a UFA d-man and a UFA forward totalling about 10 mil.

Gio scores 30 a year and provides greart leadership, it's no coincidence the team went in the crapper not long after he went out. Cammy most years is clutch, once he gets hot he can carry the team and he is a beast at playoff time. If you dump those guys you end up spending their cap hit on crap like Leino or a guy like Hemsky who plays 60 games a year.
Gionta scored more than 30 goals once. He averages around 25 goals in his whole career and has a cap hit of 5 m $. If you can get rid of a 5 m $ cap hit for the next 2 years for a 33-35 year old player, you do it!

The team has been stinking it up a long time before gionta went out. He's on paace for 37 points, don't tell me he's critical to the team.

I'm not getting rid of Cam but if you can get a 1st round pick, it would be great towards our rebuild. If we sell our assets accordingly, we can have our first round pick with 2 more first round picks..

Traitor8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 10:12 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Thing is, if someone told me Erik Cole would have 16 goals by the 38 game mark, I would think the habs would have a very good season going.

There's lots of underachievers right now, but I'd like to point out that Pacioretty was invisible tonight and has been in the recent games I've watched... but his name doesn't quite come up around here.

Plekanec is also letting furstrations get to him again. He's a great player when he feels good, but you can see emotions getting the best of him again. His body language is quite clear.

Hackett is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 10:17 PM
MaxChart

What you guys think about Pacioretty?

IMO, he's been playing like uber crap since he returned from his suspension; he got me worried.

MaxChart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 10:25 PM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Disappointing loss, the team looked better tonight than they ever did under Martin. Guess we're destined to fail for Mikhail.

The Kremelin Wall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 10:26 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxChart View Post
What you guys think about Pacioretty?

IMO, he's been playing like uber crap since he returned from his suspension; he got me worried.
I think we are still trying to figure out what kind of player he is. The way he played last year before the chara hit and the way he came out of the gate this year, it looked like he would be a pretty steady performer.

Now, you have to question whether this is just a bump in the road, or is he going to be a on and off kind of guy throughout his career?

Mind you, alot of guys have been "off" this year more than "on"... kinda hard to judge

Hackett is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 10:29 PM
LastRide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post

I agree, getting rid of Gio who plays hard 99% of the time is dumb. You would be getting rid of one of the most hard working guys on the team. He almost scores 30 last year (one off) and you guys want to get rid of him for peanuts. He's a good veteran who will score big goals and work hard.

Cammy disappears most of the time, but it could be too early to give up on him right now. Unless you get a great return back. His 2 years with the Habs haven't been great. Atleast he showed up in the playoffs last year. If these two guys go, who provides scoring for us ?. For sure we will be dead last in the league. Just don't cry about the team not scoring.

LastRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 10:30 PM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

Should we bench Pacioretty and put Leblanc back in?

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 10:34 PM
LastRide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathradio View Post
Should we bench Pacioretty and put Leblanc back in?
I guess it was his turn to fall a sleep for a few games. Thats the problem with this team (among other things). It always 2-3 guys who come to play and the rest take a night off. They just keep rotating.

LastRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 10:40 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastRide View Post
I agree, getting rid of Gio who plays hard 99% of the time is dumb. You would be getting rid of one of the most hard working guys on the team. He almost scores 30 last year (one off) and you guys want to get rid of him for peanuts. He's a good veteran who will score big goals and work hard.

Cammy disappears most of the time, but it could be too early to give up on him right now. Unless you get a great return back. His 2 years with the Habs haven't been great. Atleast he showed up in the playoffs last year. If these two guys go, who provides scoring for us ?. For sure we will be dead last in the league. Just don't cry about the team not scoring.
Plus we don't need 20 draft picks.

Move AK Gill Campoli and maybe a couple more(Gorges? Kaberle? Moen?). That should get us an extra 4-5 picks and maybe a good young player. Use the freed up cash(with Gomez off the books obviously) to go after Suter or Parise plus maybe a lesser UFA(Gleason Allen Mitchell).

Monctonscout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 11:20 PM
Protest the Hero

I don't watch a lot of Nashville games, but is Suter actually a $7million player without Weber? It's a lot of money for a defensive defenseman.

Edit: He's having a great year so far offensively now that I've looked.

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 11:22 PM
zx81

I missed the game so....did Weber really replace Leblanc on DD's line ?

If true that means Cunney is way worse than Martin.

Seriously wth ?

Last edited by zx81: 01-01-2012 at 12:03 AM.
zx81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 11:39 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliki2 View Post
But you liked the boring style of JM? One thing that Cunney has brought is some form of excitement in the form of offense. Something JM never did in the 3+ years.
Oh yes, that is something that I noticed too. What a change!!!

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 11:45 PM
donghabs98
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
I guess it was his turn to fall a sleep for a few games. Thats the problem with this team (among other things). It always 2-3 guys who come to play and the rest take a night off. They just keep rotating.
agreed

only a group of players show up every game

donghabs98 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 11:46 PM
KerryFraser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Gun View Post
no because a lot of us realize now that he's not the next dryden or patti roy
So you are one of those who are drinking the cool aid serving by the media at the time of the beginning of his career?

If it's the case, I understand now all the hate you have about him. I have a suggestion for you, just stop watching or reading Montreal media and just start to make your own opinion by watching the game of hockey by yourself, if you can.

KerryFraser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 11:48 PM
donghabs98
HFBoards Sponsor

this kinda smells like the 1999-2000 season

the first half the team stunk pretty bad and second half they played great and almost made the playoffs

Old
12-31-2011, 11:51 PM
donghabs98
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

cammy better not become like kovalev use to be(not the 07-08 season) comes shows up once in a while.

someone needs to tell cammy showing up in the playoffs is great BUT you need to show up in the season to get to the playoffs

Old
12-31-2011, 11:55 PM
Help
Help Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwang View Post
Amazing how this team always manages to score a late goal when they are down by 2, but just can't bury the tying goal. How many times have they done that this year?

Anyone still posting positive comments should finally take off the rose coloured glasses. People need to realize, we need to draft a franchise forward. Someone who will actually be creative!

In one year, we will be back in the playoffs. In 2, we'll be on top.

Never. Scruffy still believes in this club

Help is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 12:01 AM
OneSharpMarble

With our record and level of play at this point in the season might aswell call it. This team is done.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 12:03 AM
zx81

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB View Post
Oh yes, that is something that I noticed too. What a change!!!
Winning boring games > losing exciting games.

Note that I wasn't a fan of Martin and I wanted him to be fired but certainly not replaced by his assistant. It was such an idiotic move. Not that it's surprising coming from Gauthier.

zx81 is offline   Reply With Quote