HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Notices

Avs @ Ducks/ Dec 31st 6:00 MT

Old
12-31-2011, 10:11 PM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

vCash: 50
We only have one game until Friday, so we can expect some teams to pass us.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 10:13 PM
The Kingslayer

vCash: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
wtf a week off?

The Kingslayer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 10:15 PM
TheStranger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL33 View Post
Doesn't help though that the Avalanche are tied for most games played in the Western Conference. San Jose, for example, will easily take over the Pacific Division.
Yah pretty disgusting that San Jose is currently out of the playoffs but could ahve 54 points with as many games as us

TheStranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 10:16 PM
TheStranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
Kind of glad to hear that some teams will use some of those games in hand, should give us a better idea of where we stand when it's over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice berg slim View Post
wtf a week off?
If 3 days is a week, then yes, a week off.

It does piss me off though, when they give us a fairly lengthy break, and then coming off the break immediately back to back games. Why on earth could it not be one less day off, but one day in between the two games after.

Old
12-31-2011, 10:17 PM
Emppu

What an important victory tonight. I haven't watched the match (New Year's party ), but I expected a loss.

We played against a team making a pathetic season, I know, but our line-up looks weak. Many injuries and players who just came back from injuries.

Amazing score

Happy 2012 to all of you!!

Emppu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 10:25 PM
forsbergavs32

vCash: 425
For some reason I thought this was gonna be a late game, so I missed...glad to see we got a huge W and guys really stepped up with the absence of Dutchy (except for Staz apparently) Good way to end the year.

forsbergavs32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 10:32 PM
TheStranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by forsbergavs32 View Post
For some reason I thought this was gonna be a late game, so I missed...glad to see we got a huge W and guys really stepped up with the absence of Dutchy (except for Staz apparently) Good way to end the year.
I almost missed it. Thought it would be at least 9PM EST and was just randomly checking scores at about 8:15 and saw it had already started.

Old
12-31-2011, 10:33 PM
Zingbo2133

Missed the game tonight cause of a party looks like RoRs line had a solid game

Zingbo2133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 10:59 PM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

It's a bit odd that Landeskog is +8 and O'Reilly is -4. They have been on the same line the whole season.

I guess O'Reilly might have been out there for a few empty net goals against and Landeskog has been on for a shorthanded goal, but other than that I can't figure out why there is a difference.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 12:22 AM
shadow1

vCash: 1210
Ryan O'Reilly is a beast, and is earning himself a fatter contract extension as each month passes.

Sets a career high in points (28) in game 40, while leading the Avalanche in points and assists, and the entire league in turnovers. And he's 20.

Star in the making.

shadow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 12:26 AM
TheStranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1 View Post
Ryan O'Reilly is a beast, and is earning himself a fatter contract extension as each month passes.

Sets a career high in points (28) in game 40, while leading the Avalanche in points and assists, and the entire league in turnovers. And he's 20.

Star in the making.
Yeah, if he hits 60 points, and is leading or near the top in TkA, keeps his PIMs this low, and continues to improve every night. I'd give him a contract to the year before his UFA eligibility at a pretty high number 4-5/yr

Old
01-01-2012, 03:01 AM
Pirate Deadpool
Sacco must go

vCash: 130
Back from the game and a NYE party. Sad turnout and I hear it's been like this a lot lately for ducks home games. I might stay and see if I can get tix to the kings game. The PP goal was a thing of beauty. It was if the special teams unit finally got some good coaching and a plan of attack.

Pirate Deadpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 03:16 AM
Joe Sakic
Goodbye ROR

vCash: 125
Awesome win tonight. We just need to scrape out as many wins as we can with Dutchy out.

Joe Sakic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 04:26 AM
billybobjoe1881

I just finished watching the game and it's nice to win another game and set more records. Why the hell didn't the player that hit Hedjuk after the fight started get called for interference>

billybobjoe1881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 04:35 AM
TheStranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybobjoe1881 View Post
I just finished watching the game and it's nice to win another game and set more records. Why the hell didn't the player that hit Hedjuk after the fight started get called for interference>
Because Hejduk had the puck on his stick

Old
01-01-2012, 11:18 AM
bohlmeister
$$ For Sale $$

vCash: 400
RoR is our leading point getter this season. He is on pace for 57 points.

Yikes.

Nashville consistently makes the playoffs with that kind of offensive output, but they have Rinne, Suter, and Weber.

Got to think that if Stastny doesn't get it in gear this team is going to flounder down the stretch. They definitely need to get some better wingers going into next season.

bohlmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 12:12 PM
vGod

I missed this game unfortunately, good to know the Avs win and O'Reilly is beast mode as usual. The Avs have been playing some good hockey as of late, and what a great way to end a questionable month. Well, the start of it anyways. I wish we could have at least beaten Edmonton or Calgary but what can you do. 7 of our last 8? That's real good, who knows, 8th place is on my mind again.

****** to hear Stas was invisible tonight, because lately he's been playing really good hockey. Maybe not getting tons of points, but he was making some good plays and playing solid offensively. He's had some bad luck so let's hope for a strong second half. I think he's great.

Hejduk? 2 goals?! Beautiful. We need him to catch a spark, and hopefully Jones follows suit and the bottom liners continue their solid play. Hey, I can get used to winning streaks

vGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 01:40 PM
Adama0905

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStranger View Post
It does piss me off though, when they give us a fairly lengthy break, and then coming off the break immediately back to back games. Why on earth could it not be one less day off, but one day in between the two games after.
I don't ever question the schedule-makers and the schedule in general. I would probably die if I had their job. They have thousands of things to take in to account.

Adama0905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 05:29 PM
TheStranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adama0905 View Post
I don't ever question the schedule-makers and the schedule in general. I would probably die if I had their job. They have thousands of things to take in to account.
Pretty sure a large majority is done by a computer program. I could be wrong though. I mean, I imagine they can put into their program all the building schedules with the NBA and concerts and let it figure stuff out.

They probably/definitely make tweaks all over the place to make sure everything works as well as might be possible. It just seems to happen so often though that teams will have 5 days off and then go back to back on different sides of the continent, or 3 in4 nights kind of stuff. If they just went every second night it would just seem so much better.

Old
01-02-2012, 02:10 AM
Jaymond Flurrie

Just look at Staples Center schedule and tell me from there, how exactly you are going to adjust it so that all the variables will agree with your adjustment. Also, don't try to put Avs in front of everything else so if the thing you want is that Avs are not going to play back-to-back, make also sure that Clippers or Kings or Lakers or their opponents don't have to play back-to-back.

And that's just the beginning.

(edit. Same thing for Chicago and St. Louis naturally, since that's where the Avs games actually are)

Jaymond Flurrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 09:47 AM
Adama0905

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStranger View Post
Pretty sure a large majority is done by a computer program. I could be wrong though. I mean, I imagine they can put into their program all the building schedules with the NBA and concerts and let it figure stuff out.

They probably/definitely make tweaks all over the place to make sure everything works as well as might be possible. It just seems to happen so often though that teams will have 5 days off and then go back to back on different sides of the continent, or 3 in4 nights kind of stuff. If they just went every second night it would just seem so much better.
Problem is every second night doesn't work, not when you've got concerts, NBA and all the other things that a building has scheduled. When you want your League to go every second night then you've gotta tell the NBA teams, Lil Wayne and Disney on Ice they all can't come a certain night. Doesn't work that way.

That's why I don't question the schedule. I know that the schedule-makers aren't stupid, and if given the opportunity they would certainly schedule every team for no back to backs and try to get a game in every second night. But in an economy that doesn't revolve around the NHL, it's not even close to possible.

Adama0905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 01:27 PM
marioni

Great, great match. We were in control throughout, this was one of the best matches all season.

marioni is offline   Reply With Quote