HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Danish WJC players suspended for holding prank press conference...

Old
01-01-2012, 12:27 AM
Elever
Hth

vCash: 500
Suspending them to gain credibility? This decreases their credibility if anything? And who are they trying to gain credibility from? The outside? Because for them the most important people are the young players and if I was one of those Danish players, it'd build a bit of a resentment in my mind against their program. I'd be less willing to go play in the World Championships for example if I was in the NHL and it was the end of the season and I got an invite, this was a stupid decision by the federation and won't gain any goodwill from the players.

These type of things build rifts b/t players and the national association and they don't end well, anyone who follows soccer will know what I mean with several players who eventually quit from their national program after they feel they get poor treatment. Today's athlete's get paid by the clubs and not by the national association so they aren't gonna play just for patriotic reasons if they feel resentment towards their association, they'd rather just stick to the club that pays them if this is the case.

Elever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 12:41 AM
AugustBurnsRed*
Invisible Calls

vCash: 500
Sad. They missed their Christmas to come out and get thrashed. They had some fun with it, good on them.

AugustBurnsRed* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 07:44 AM
archangel archangel

vCash: 157
stupid suspensions of the decade

archangel archangel is offline   Reply With Quote