HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Synergy sticks... have they really changed?

Old
01-01-2012, 11:08 AM
r3cc0s

vCash: 500
Synergy sticks... have they really changed?

I've recently got to try out the EQ50, SE16, an old Elite, SL and my ST at our last practice

though there are differences to the blade feel, I found that they really performed simuarly and felt simuarly balanced

by chance has Easton pretty much been keeping the same formula but just changed up the paint job and added fancy weights?

I could have sworn the SE16 and the Elite were the same stick and they all had the same shot tradjectory and all performed pretty much the same with the snapshot (though blade and flex were all slightly different)

r3cc0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 11:37 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

They have been really similar. SE was the SL with a bit more material because they were breaking so easily. SE16 was the same thing with a little weight added at the heel and shaft for balance. EQ50 is the same thing with more weights and windows. ST I'm not sure how different it is but I thought it was the same as the Synergy with a lot more of a wrap which made it more durable but heavier.

It's kind of nice that they are offering a basic stick. I've never felt it was low kick, just a "regular" kick stick. It'd be nice if they keep it up especially with the lower prices they've been everywhere I've looked.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 11:51 AM
r3cc0s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
They have been really similar. SE was the SL with a bit more material because they were breaking so easily. SE16 was the same thing with a little weight added at the heel and shaft for balance. EQ50 is the same thing with more weights and windows. ST I'm not sure how different it is but I thought it was the same as the Synergy with a lot more of a wrap which made it more durable but heavier.

It's kind of nice that they are offering a basic stick. I've never felt it was low kick, just a "regular" kick stick. It'd be nice if they keep it up especially with the lower prices they've been everywhere I've looked.
I am thinking that Easton got the concept right and created a relatively basic, but consistant and well performing stick

so if the Synergy line: SL/Elite/SE16 and EQ50 are pretty much the same basic stick with small pragmatic enhancements, I can see why the pro's would still be willing to switch it up, without having to make any adjustments.
thinking aobut it... SE16 would be Synergy Elite 16 then...

why I was curious was... a couple guys who are part timers on my team, play in the federal league and previously in finland and they swear by their vintage looking Elites and STs (orange/blue ST's and Silver Elites... heck even on guy plays with a orange "synergy" that doesn't even say any other model on it)

the ST feels much the same like the Synergy, just about 40-50 grams heavier.

r3cc0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 10:08 AM
AIREAYE

Adding to Jarick's post, he's right; but the ST has more Kevlar wrapping.

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 11:46 AM
Stjonnypopo
Rgesitreed Uesr

vCash: 506
I still have my first Easton Synergy that I bought when I was 14 or 15. The blade is pretty word down but it still works.

It's funny because since that first Synergy I think I went through dozens of other sticks, but the first one is still alive!

Stjonnypopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 10:58 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

The original Synergys felt a lot heavier and stiffer to me. I do think they were wrapped up a lot more.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote