HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Are you satisfied with Richards thus far?

Old
01-01-2012, 10:29 AM
Zats Muccarello
Grinder

vCash: 500
Are you satisfied with Richards thus far?

It's a pretty simple question. We're 5 games away from the end of half the season, and so far are you guys satisfied with Richards?

Zats Muccarello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 10:30 AM
Nekz
Let's Go Rangers!

Send a message via AIM to Nekz
He is putting up points, but I had the understanding he was more dominant in the offensive zone. (Maybe he's still settling in a bit, the line changing is finally starting to settle a bit, although I still think Dubinsky should be his other winger)

Nekz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 10:33 AM
TonyTheGr8
Window shut..for now

Ummmmmmmmmm...

Yeah.

TonyTheGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 10:41 AM
Achene*

No. He's paid 2.5 million more than Callahan and does less.

Achene* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 10:45 AM
Salsa Shark

His goal scoring has impressed me more than his playmaking ability or powerplay QB skills

Salsa Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 10:45 AM
RinkOnEStreet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achene View Post
They're the best team in the conference (arguably) and Richards has been good. What more needs to happen for fans to be happy?

RinkOnEStreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 10:46 AM
msv957

Richards is having a good season statistically. However, he would have a lot more points if he played center on the first line with Gaborik.

Richards was brought in here to play first line center and first line PP with Gaborik. However, Torts has this team playing well by balancing the lines with Stepan getting the first line center position with Gaborik on his line. No need to break up the success this team is having right now. Lots of credit needs to go to Richards for being a soldier and not complaining about his lack of first line minutes with Gaborik. It shows what a true professional Richards is

msv957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 10:49 AM
ruckus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achene View Post
When was the last time Callahan put up point totals like Richards has throughout his career? That, him being a UFA, and his position, are why he's paid more than Callahan.

I think the only gripe people can have with Richards so far is if they feel he should be producing more points. That's really it. And he should be. But anyone who was expecting a different player obviously never watched him much before he came here.

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 11:15 AM
theOcho
Rookie User

When you center a line with wingers like Callahan and not Gaborik, your play and points may look a little different. But he's come up with extremely clutch goals at times and is a great veteran presence in the locker room (see MDZ). The only gripe I think anyone should have with him is that the powerplay, while it's looked good at times, still needs work.

theOcho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 11:22 AM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Absolutely. So what he isn't centering Gaborik. But he is doing super awesome with Callahan. Brad enjoys playing here, he is doing well. Probably fitting in still. but i like his numbers right now. Clutch goals.

Silence Of The Plams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 11:31 AM
beastly115

Richards has been drawing the teams main shutdown d-pairs and offensemen. Why do you think our secondary scoring has been better? He's been opening up other players like Gaborik and Anisimov to face easier opposition.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 11:34 AM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

His play as of late, not really. But as a whole, yup. He's been an influence for DZ as well which is a huge positive for us.

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 11:34 AM
Riche16
Pessimistic-Realist

Absolutely.

His leadership, his clutchiness and his playmaking (albeit not as often as I'd like) have all been extremely valuable to this squad.

Without him I don't think this team is anywhere near the top of the standings, and I think his value will escalate as the season progresses, especially in the post season.

Riche16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 11:50 AM
Bardof425*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loffen View Post
His play as of late, not really. But as a whole, yup. He's been an influence for DZ as well which is a huge positive for us.
The main difference between last year's team and this one are staal being out, MDZ in and playing well and Richie. Look at the standings. How can you not be happy with the overall effect he is having. And yes the clutch goals have been great. Now we need to get the PP going.

Bardof425* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 11:52 AM
TomLaidlaw

I thought he had a great bounce back game against the Panthers after the horrific performance against the Caps. Don't get overly concerned with stat lines. The only stat that matters is wins. Richards and Dubinsky may not be lighting up on the stat sheet but they both do a lot of things that help a team win. Same with Boyle.

One of the many things that impresses me about this team is that none of them let their offensive woes effect their play in their own zone. The Boyle,Dubi,Mitchell line is a perfect example of this.

TomLaidlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 11:52 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
Satisfied I think is the word that sums it up pretty well.

I think he is capable of more, certainly. I think 60-65 points is not what this team expects from a player with whom they made such a big investment. He is a good center, and his presence has undoubtedly helped Stepan in multiple ways. I also think he has helped Hagelin and Callahan.

That said, I would like at least 70 points from him if not more.

01-01-2012, 11:53 AM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by markman34 View Post
It's a pretty simple question. We're 5 games away from the end of half the season, and so far are you guys satisfied with Richards?
As much as people want to ***** about him, we are 1st in the conference and 2nd in the NHL with a defense that has been decimated. Not saying Richards is the sole reason because he is not however, to dismiss it as a mere coincidence is just sheer ignorance.

01-01-2012, 12:02 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

I think he can be better than he's shown us for stretches, but that being said, he leads the team with 5 GWG's.

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 12:24 PM
Vitto79

Teams winning and that shows he's worth it

Vitto79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 12:30 PM
Nyrvana

I was so wrong thinking that Richards wouldn't change anything in the offseason. Guy makes everyone better.

Reasons Rangers are in first:
1. Del Zotto and Stepan
2. Richards
3. Callahan

Nyrvana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 12:33 PM
Ice Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekz View Post
He is putting up points, but I had the understanding he was more dominant in the offensive zone. (Maybe he's still settling in a bit, the line changing is finally starting to settle a bit, although I still think Dubinsky should be his other winger)
right here. was hoping for a little more dominance... more moves in the offenseive zone. but so far, aside from this, i am satisfied-- with the expectation that he steps it up when it's time.

Ice Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 02:52 PM
Callagraves
Block shots

up until the past week or two, i was thrilled. he hit a bit of a rough spot, which hurts his projected numbers, as did Cally for a bit. The past 3 games Cally turned it back up, and Richie responded.

I'm confident he'll pick it back up. He's won us several games, and plays best when the game is on the line.

Callagraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 02:59 PM
Trxjw
Bored.

For the most part, yes. But I haven't been impressed with how he's contributed to the PP.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 03:01 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Absolutely. He could easily have 5~ more points if guys converted on some of his sick passing. And the goal scoring is just a plus.

But it's painfully obvious we need something else for the power play.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 03:07 PM
MSG the place to be*

Last year everyone was praising Stepan because he was helping us win but in reality he wasn't playing his game. Similar situation to Richards this year.

MSG the place to be* is offline   Reply With Quote