HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

3 Stars & GBR: Game 36 @ Florida Panthers

View Poll Results: 3 Stars
Carl Hagelin 54 46.96%
Henrik Lundqvist 87 75.65%
Ryan Callahan 14 12.17%
Brad Richards 62 53.91%
Ryan McDonagh 9 7.83%
Brian Boyle 3 2.61%
Brandon Dubinsky 53 46.09%
Michael Del Zotto 42 36.52%
Ruslan Fedotenko 2 1.74%
Dan Girardi 2 1.74%
John Mitchell 1 0.87%
Derek Stepan 1 0.87%
Anton Stralman 4 3.48%
Stu Bickel 2 1.74%
Other 7 6.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-01-2012, 12:57 PM
  #151
Zuccarello Awesome*
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 3,264
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
In that video, show me what Avery did that is ANYTHING SIMILAR to what Rupp did.

Carcillo runs Gaborik, Avery challenges him, he accepts.

Kopecky SUCKER PUNCHES MDZ, the refs try to break everything up, Rupp says **** that, grabs Kopecky and pounds him.

How is it in anyway similar? Girardi defended Gaborik last year too, and he wouldn't do what Rupp did. There's plenty of players on this team who defend their teammates who wouldn't do what Rupp did. Dropping the gloves and fighting mutually is not the same as grabbing somebody and making them pay, largely in part because Avery is not a great fighter.

Boyle also has defended his teammates, but since he's a **** fighter he couldn't do something like that.

Changing my tone? Please. People act like I have an agenda against this guy when I was defending him last year- last year when we DIDN'T HAVE BETTER OPTIONS. Sean Avery would not, or COULD NOT, do what Mike Rupp did there. People aren't afraid to fight Sean Avery.

The fact that Avery was dragged into this in the first place is ****ing ridiculous.
Reading comprehension.

I didn't say anything about the video of Avery fighting Carrillo. I mentioned an incident in which a Ranger ( I think it was Staal but not certain ) got hit from behind and Avery immediately jumped the guy and started pounding away. It's the exact scenario you claim Avery doesn't do. Hopefully someone else will remember who it was against and be able to find a video.

Edit: still cant remember who it was against but here's another example that's almost as good:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_1eUmv6NEI


Last edited by Zuccarello Awesome*: 01-01-2012 at 01:07 PM.
Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 01:05 PM
  #152
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 18,754
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post
Reading comprehension.

I didn't say anything about the video of Avery fighting Carrillo. I mentioned an incident in which a Ranger ( I think it was Staal but not certain ) got hit from behind and Avery immediately jumped the guy and started pounding away. It's the exact scenario you claim Avery doesn't do. Hopefully someone else will remember who it was against and be able to find a video.
Can't find anything similar to that on hockeyfights. Burden of proof is on you.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 01:12 PM
  #153
Zuccarello Awesome*
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 3,264
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Can't find anything similar to that on hockeyfights. Burden of proof is on you.
Found it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zllRz3E008

I look forward to your response. I'm sure it will be filled with more sidestepping, tone altering irrelevance.

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 01:17 PM
  #154
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 18,754
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post
Found it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zllRz3E008

I look forward to your response. I'm sure it will be filled with more sidestepping, tone altering irrelevance.
Well now since we've gotten into this pissing match we're never going to resolve this.

You see there something similar to what Rupp did. I see there Avery defending his teammate, somebody willingly going with him, and then Marc jumping in and knocking them over.

Like I said. People aren't afraid to fight Sean Avery. Please tell me how that is like this.



The difference here is, clearly, unless you continue to maintain a blind eye to my main point, is that Rupp gets away from what ends up happening in your "proof" and demolishes a guy who turtles because he knows Mike Rupp is going to kick his ass.

What Avery did is similar to what anybody would do to defend their teammate. But go ahead, i'm interested to see how you think they're similar.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 01:22 PM
  #155
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 18,754
vCash: 500
The Marc Stuart fight is a better example...except, once again, Stuart handily deals with Avery and they both drop the gloves there, too.

edit- And still, no "example" has shown Avery doing anything similar to what Rupp does. Rupp says "**** the police" and doles out his punishment. All of your examples have been Avery and another guy fighting willingly without ref interruption.

But yeah, i'm the one who's side stepping.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 01:26 PM
  #156
nyrleetch
Registered User
 
nyrleetch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 3,176
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
The Marc Stuart fight is a better example...except, once again, Stuart handily deals with Avery and they both drop the gloves there, too.
Maybe that's because Avery is taking on a guy much bigger than him unlike Rupp who has 40 pounds on a non fighter.

nyrleetch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 01:26 PM
  #157
nyrleetch
Registered User
 
nyrleetch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 3,176
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
The Marc Stuart fight is a better example...except, once again, Stuart handily deals with Avery and they both drop the gloves there, too.

edit- And still, no "example" has shown Avery doing anything similar to what Rupp does. Rupp says "**** the police" and doles out his punishment. All of your examples have been Avery and another guy fighting willingly without ref interruption.

But yeah, i'm the one who's side stepping.
So you want Avery to do something that would get him suspended? Come on.

nyrleetch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 01:28 PM
  #158
Zuccarello Awesome*
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 3,264
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Well now since we've gotten into this pissing match we're never going to resolve this.

You see there something similar to what Rupp did. I see there Avery defending his teammate, somebody willingly going with him, and then Marc jumping in and knocking them over.

Like I said. People aren't afraid to fight Sean Avery. Please tell me how that is like this.



The difference here is, clearly, unless you continue to maintain a blind eye to my main point, is that Rupp gets away from what ends up happening in your "proof" and demolishes a guy who turtles because he knows Mike Rupp is going to kick his ass.

What Avery did is similar to what anybody would do to defend their teammate. But go ahead, i'm interested to see how you think they're similar.
This is you changing your tone drastically from your initial post on the matter.

Your point has now dwindled down to essentially that Mike Rupp is bigger and stronger than Avery and therefore more feared, and therefore the situations are different.

You see in the video I posted, someone "willingly" go with Avery??? Walker had no time to decide if he wanted to go or not. Avery comes immediately over to him and starts punching him. That's what Rupp did.

Yes Rupp is bigger and a better fighter, but it was also against a complete non-fighter in Kopecky.

Avery went right at Scott Walker, a guy who has never shied away from fighting.

So even if you had a shred of a relevant point, that would've made it completely moot.


You are now clearly just trying to hang on and avoid embarrassment. You were proven wrong. It happens. It's happened to every poster on here, including me. Don't make yourself look worse by continuing to argue against a fact.

Avery has defended his teammates in the same exact manner Rupp did on numerous occasions. He didn't give Stuart or Walker a look and ask them to drop the gloves. He went right at them, immediately and started throwing punches. If anything, what Avery did is more impressive because Rupp beat up a guy who's never fought before in his life. I fully applaud what Rupp did, but Avery's done the same exact thing. To continue to pretend you don't see that those situations are the same shows you're either vehemently anti-Avery or refusing to acknowledge you were wrong. It's not that big of a deal, but either way I'm going to drop it now, because there's no need to let this escalate into a bigger argument.

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 01:33 PM
  #159
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 18,754
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post
This is you changing your tone drastically from your initial post on the matter.

Your point has now dwindled down to essentially that Mike Rupp is bigger and stronger than Avery and therefore more feared, and therefore the situations are different.

You see in the video I posted, someone "willingly" go with Avery??? Walker had no time to decide if he wanted to go or not. Avery comes immediately over to him and starts punching him. That's what Rupp did.

Yes Rupp is bigger and a better fighter, but it was also against a complete non-fighter in Kopecky.

Avery went right at Scott Walker, a guy who has never shied away from fighting.

So even if you had a shred of a relevant point, that would've made it completely moot.


You are now clearly just trying to hang on and avoid embarrassment. You were proven wrong. It happens. It's happened to every poster on here, including me. Don't make yourself look worse by continuing to argue against a fact.

Avery has defended his teammates in the same exact manner Rupp did on numerous occasions. He didn't give Stuart or Walker a look and ask them to drop the gloves. He went right at them, immediately and started throwing punches. If anything, what Avery did is more impressive because Rupp beat up a guy who's never fought before in his life. I fully applaud what Rupp did, but Avery's done the same exact thing. To continue to pretend you don't see that those situations are the same shows you're either vehemently anti-Avery or refusing to acknowledge you were wrong. It's not that big of a deal, but either way I'm going to drop it now, because there's no need to let this escalate into a bigger argument.
No, i'm hanging on because you all missed my main point. See, this post right here is YOU hanging on because you have yet to show ample evidence of Avery doing what Rupp did here. Because he hasn't, just admit it. What relevant point do you have, that Avery defends his teammates? So does Brandon Dubinsky. So does Ryan Callahan. So does Brandon Prust. So does Dan Girardi, and Michael Sauer, the list goes on and on.

I mean, seriously. How are you telling me what my main point was when I made it? That's obnoxious. Avery has never done what Rupp did here. I'll repeat it, and it's true, because you still have yet to show me any evidence. No, what Avery did is NOT more impressive because Avery can't fight. Rupp's entire ROLE is to do what he did, which is beat the **** out of guys. Sorry that it wasn't a goon who cheapshotted MDZ, so Rupp could go after him.

Again, you haven't shown me anything that even visually looks like what Rupp did. Rupp rips the guy away from the referee who's trying to calm everything down and DEMOLISHES him. Avery has not done that. I mean, I can't even see how you're arguing this. Your evidence just helped prove my point. Avery defends his teammates like anybody else would, I never argued that, but of course you try to shove words into my mouth. Somebody like Mike Rupp, who actually knows how to fight and is physically capable of "beating up" somebody, did just that. Avery hasn't. If Avery was there he wouldn't have done what Mike Rupp did. Would he have gone after Kopecky? Sure. But when it's Sean Avery wrestling you to the ground, it's not the same thing. Sorry to burst your bubble, but like you said, even you can be proven wrong.

The only embarrassing thing here is that i'm arguing about Sean ****ing Avery. Again.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 01:39 PM
  #160
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 18,754
vCash: 500
By the way, here's how your Avery vs. Kopecky fight would've looked.


BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:19 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.