HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

ALL JERSEY TALK HERE - I don't know what to name this, so JERSEYS! Part four.

Closed Thread

Old
12-30-2011, 05:28 PM
Hollywood Couturier

vCash: 500
Wasn't Authentic.

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Old
12-31-2011, 09:05 AM
JagerPuck

Send a message via AIM to JagerPuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandlansd View Post
Gotta go w/ the Lindros IMO.

Will likely be his last time donning the orange and black colors.

But I mean, I grew up in the 90s so I'm a little partial to Lindros since he was Flyers hockey in the 90s...
I agree. Im rocking the Big 88.

Old
12-31-2011, 11:34 AM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

At the fanfest... they have on display a talbot authentic and it has non felt numbers.

Also fake wc jerseys here actually look very good.

Old
12-31-2011, 12:12 PM
GarretWillhelmThe3rd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers845 View Post
I'm gonna send mine to stiches this time for the winter classic replica blank. Anyone use them before?
Yes sir they are my go to customizer..i send everything to them. They get the current flyers home jerseys almost 100% accurate, minus certain curves in the 2. They nailed Ducks, Kings, Penguins, and a couple others for me. They are top notch.

And they are actually doing my WC authentic for me too. They got a kit and sent me pictures and its 100% accurate. So i'd say your good to go. And if you wanna mention it just say Kurt referred you.

Old
12-31-2011, 12:39 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

I'm starting to think the on ice will not be felt... we will see.

As for fakes here... you can tell diff but they are not bad on ones that are not the wrong style... some much better than others... thing is if they don't wear felt official onees are kinds phoney ...LOL

Old
12-31-2011, 02:51 PM
WeekendAtBernies

Hey, I was checking meigray repeatedly and I never ended up seeing Jagr's winter classic jersey go up for sale... did someone just nab it really really quickly, or was his not up for sale?

If anyone did see it, how much did it go for?

Thanks!!

Old
12-31-2011, 03:18 PM
Hollywood Couturier

His was $3,750. It was preordered way before they ever hit the website.

Old
12-31-2011, 07:41 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Okay, I'm home and at my computer and can expand my earlier posts.

I went into the NHL Equipment Exhibit that had jerseys, pads and equipment from four IIRC players... You were able to pick up and examine the various players stuff... When I got the the third stall I found it was Max Talbot and had his which included the Authentic Winter Classic jersey mad up with his name and number -- being that he has no worn one yet, and the the game is Monday which is the last day of the Fan Fest... it is safe to assume that it is not actually one of his that he has worn -- I picked it up and noticed that the numbers were NOT felt... I can't recall if I thought to check the Flying 'P'... I did check to see that the elbow was reinforced and the hem was curved and it had a fight strap. The numbers were as the usual black numbers are... I can't recall checking for the white border on the numbers.

Did they make up the jersey with black numbers, lettering and a logo from another jersey -- the 'P' from Flyers and other stuff from some other black kit -- OR... is the on-ice jerseys to be worn Monday not to be felt either?

If that is the case, the Replica jerseys we bought were created for the fans and the felt done as a novelty for their enjoyment... and the fake jerseys, while not as well made, are actually more like the on-ice Authentics than the 'Official' ones.

... Has anyone who bought an Authentic noticed if the Logo is felt or not?

As I stated the Fake ones there that were not 'Tony the Tigers', and not the three black stripes rather than the black over vintage white and black over and under on the sleeves, were pretty decent with maybe a bit of a width variation on some of the bottom vintage white stripes... I think the Vintage White may be not as off-white as the official ones -- but I'm not certain of that -- for the most part they looked well made and not puckered... I believe they are not as well made as the official one, and may not hold up under wear and washings, but the possibility of the players not wearing felt customization gives them a one up in that category... The cheap price of $40, or $65 at the flea market, kinda makes it a nice knock around knock-off.

In any event, while I do not support knock-off and will not purchase one, I believe those with the better WC ones will not be embarrassed by them... especially if the felt issue proves valid.

... Thoughts?

PS: BTW... I went with the the Leach M&S #27 because it was a better fit over the jacket than the #88 was... The Lindros jersey couldn't fit over it at all.

Old
12-31-2011, 10:54 PM
cheesesteak

I just bought my first jersey it's the black one, and it's a premier, not authentic. I was wondering if there's somewhere I could send it to get customized with numbers, and name stiched on. I'm looking to get authentic numbering/lettering.

Old
01-01-2012, 12:17 AM
Roo Mad Bro
U havin a giggle m8?

Got a non-authentic Giroux WC jersey for Christmas, but mine doesn't have the Keystone 'A' on it.

Noticed some people on facebook have it on theirs

Any way to get that on mine?

Old
01-01-2012, 01:29 AM
WeekendAtBernies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richards18 View Post
Got a non-authentic Giroux WC jersey for Christmas, but mine doesn't have the Keystone 'A' on it.

Noticed some people on facebook have it on theirs

Any way to get that on mine?
Does yours have the numbers sewn on or heat pressed on?

Either way, you should be able to either order a heat press patch keystone A or a sew-on keystone A to attach to your jersey and one of the local shops should be able to heat press / sew it on for you.

Shouldn't cost any more than $15-$20...

Old
01-01-2012, 08:22 AM
Flyers845

They're going to auction off the alumni

In response to the many questions we have received, MeiGray is happy to announce that we will be authenticating and auctioning off one set of jerseys worn by the Flyers Alumni in tomorrow's Alumni Game vs. the New York Rangers at Citizen's Bank Park.

Each jersey will be autographed by the Flyer alumnus after he wears it.

The Flyers Alumni roster of 29 players includes:

Goalie Bernie Parent, who backstopped the Flyers to their consecutive Stanley Cup championchips in 1973-74 and 1974-75.

Center Bobby Clarke, the captain of the two Cup teams and the on-ice leader of the franchise.

Center Eric Lindros, who last wore a Flyers' jersey in 2000.

The Flyers Alumni is scheduled to wear two sets in the game. The first set worn will be auctioned by Flyers-MGG beginning Tuesday, January 3 at Auctions.NHL.Com. That auction will end at 10 pm ET on Tuesday, January 24.

The second set will be retained by each member of the Flyers' Alumni team.

Old
01-01-2012, 10:56 AM
cheesesteak

Has anyone used icejerseys, or coolhockey to have a jersey customized?

Old
01-01-2012, 11:31 AM
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus

So question, the 10 on the alumni jerseys, were those patches or embroidered?

Old
01-01-2012, 11:57 AM
Mosetter27

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyOnTheSpot View Post
So question, the 10 on the alumni jerseys, were those patches or embroidered?
after having one in my hand they are twill... small numbers.. think the 31's from 1986(?) slipping my mind at the moment...

Old
01-01-2012, 12:28 PM
FlyerGuy18

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
They basically use the same process, (sewing) coolhockey is cheaper & quicker than IJ.

I sent a white primer Flyers jersey to get customized & got it back in two weeks, I ordered a Bobby Ryan jersey off their website & got it in maybe a week & a half.

IJ takes up to 4 weeks to finish.

Old
01-01-2012, 01:15 PM
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdalite View Post
Okay, I'm home and at my computer and can expand my earlier posts.

I went into the NHL Equipment Exhibit that had jerseys, pads and equipment from four IIRC players... You were able to pick up and examine the various players stuff... When I got the the third stall I found it was Max Talbot and had his which included the Authentic Winter Classic jersey mad up with his name and number -- being that he has no worn one yet, and the the game is Monday which is the last day of the Fan Fest... it is safe to assume that it is not actually one of his that he has worn -- I picked it up and noticed that the numbers were NOT felt... I can't recall if I thought to check the Flying 'P'... I did check to see that the elbow was reinforced and the hem was curved and it had a fight strap. The numbers were as the usual black numbers are... I can't recall checking for the white border on the numbers.

Did they make up the jersey with black numbers, lettering and a logo from another jersey -- the 'P' from Flyers and other stuff from some other black kit -- OR... is the on-ice jerseys to be worn Monday not to be felt either?

If that is the case, the Replica jerseys we bought were created for the fans and the felt done as a novelty for their enjoyment... and the fake jerseys, while not as well made, are actually more like the on-ice Authentics than the 'Official' ones.

... Has anyone who bought an Authentic noticed if the Logo is felt or not?

As I stated the Fake ones there that were not 'Tony the Tigers', and not the three black stripes rather than the black over vintage white and black over and under on the sleeves, were pretty decent with maybe a bit of a width variation on some of the bottom vintage white stripes... I think the Vintage White may be not as off-white as the official ones -- but I'm not certain of that -- for the most part they looked well made and not puckered... I believe they are not as well made as the official one, and may not hold up under wear and washings, but the possibility of the players not wearing felt customization gives them a one up in that category... The cheap price of $40, or $65 at the flea market, kinda makes it a nice knock around knock-off.

In any event, while I do not support knock-off and will not purchase one, I believe those with the better WC ones will not be embarrassed by them... especially if the felt issue proves valid.

... Thoughts?
My authentic WC has a felt logo. Also I have no idea what you're talking about with the fakes, but the WC fakes are, hands down, the worst I've seen.

Also, BJD on here has a good account as to why the Talbot didn't have felt and why they will inevitably be felt, I acquiesce to his take.

Old
01-01-2012, 01:35 PM
cheesesteak

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyerGuy18 View Post
They basically use the same process, (sewing) coolhockey is cheaper & quicker than IJ.

I sent a white primer Flyers jersey to get customized & got it back in two weeks, I ordered a Bobby Ryan jersey off their website & got it in maybe a week & a half.

IJ takes up to 4 weeks to finish.
Are they both the same quality? I'm looking for authentic quality numbering/lettering. Thanks

Old
01-01-2012, 01:42 PM
Mosetter27

Quote:
My authentic WC has a felt logo. Also I have no idea what you're talking about with the fakes, but the WC fakes are, hands down, the worst I've seen.

Also, BJD on here has a good account as to why the Talbot didn't have felt and why they will inevitably be felt, I acquiesce to his take.
too many big words I dont understand... damn lawyers

Old
01-01-2012, 01:43 PM
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjd624 View Post
too many big words I dont understand... damn lawyers
INEVITABLE??? Ugh, kids today. Say what you told me, honey.

Old
01-01-2012, 01:46 PM
FlyerGuy18

Quote:
Are they both the same quality? I'm looking for authentic quality numbering/lettering. Thanks
It looks as if they both have the same quality

CoolHockey:

IceJerseys
http://www.icejerseys.com/customization.php

Old
01-01-2012, 01:53 PM
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus

Quote:
Tell me the jersey you're trying to get done and I can help you.

Old
01-01-2012, 01:58 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:

Johnny, where are you seeing this explanation?... I have not seen it, and cannot find it in this thread. Is it in another thread?

If your Authentic is felt I feel safe in assuming that the display one was a bad mock up.

Per the fakes... felt aside... it is merely my opinion that MOST of the ones I saw that were not the jumped the gun wrong ones were decent... and if I were strapped for cash and badly wanted a 2012 WC jersey I would consider them. I see them as better than the new retro Home and Road fakes, and on par with the first generation Reebok fakes that had as its man fault the wrong shaped R hole.

That said, I am not promoting buying fakes by fans in any way shape or for... What I would promote though is more affordable Replicas with good quality customization like the old CCM and KOHO jerseys were.

Old
01-01-2012, 01:59 PM
Mosetter27

Quote:
INEVITABLE??? Ugh, kids today. Say what you told me, honey.
Hhahaa.... what did I tell you... what do you want me to explain

the fact that I know Bob Sweet (let me pick that name up) whos the head honcho over at SZ Vorhees... and while talking to his daughter I asked if the On-Ice jerseys were going to be Felt and she said yeah they were in the back right now...

That part darling?

Old
01-01-2012, 02:04 PM
cheesesteak

Quote:
Tell me the jersey you're trying to get done and I can help you.

I just ordered it from Amazon yesterday. It probably won't arrive until next week(9th-13th).

Closed Thread