HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Speculation: PHX/EDM

Closed Thread

Old
11-04-2003, 08:50 PM
Seachd

vCash: 500
Speculation: PHX/EDM

I don't want to call this a rumour, but not a proposal either. So I'll call it speculation. Anyway, it may or may not have something to do with Comrie. Feel free to move it if it's necessary.

A radio show in Edmonton had Phoenix reporter Bob McManaman on today, and when the host brought up Krys Kolanos, McManaman said not to be surprised if Kolanos becomes an Oiler one day. The host asked if he thought Comrie would be involved, and he basically said he has no idea, but he does know that Lowe and Barnett have talked (I think he said in the last couple days). He also said that he thinks Friday might be a good day for a trade to happen. It was actually pretty bizarre and very vague.

I wouldn't take anything from it, but it's another log on the fire.

Old
11-04-2003, 09:00 PM
RoyIsALegend*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seachd
He also said that he thinks Friday might be a good day for a trade to happen.
I prefer Sunday, personally.

The Sabbath day... 'ya know?

Quote:
Speaking of dropping logs...

Old
11-04-2003, 09:01 PM
dem

That may have been the worst post ever

Old
11-04-2003, 09:07 PM
oildrop

Quote:
I don't want to call this a rumour, but not a proposal either. So I'll call it speculation. Anyway, it may or may not have something to do with Comrie. Feel free to move it if it's necessary.

A radio show in Edmonton had Phoenix reporter Bob McManaman on today, and when the host brought up Krys Kolanos, McManaman said not to be surprised if Kolanos becomes an Oiler one day. The host asked if he thought Comrie would be involved, and he basically said he has no idea, but he does know that Lowe and Barnett have talked (I think he said in the last couple days). He also said that he thinks Friday might be a good day for a trade to happen. It was actually pretty bizarre and very vague.

Yeah, it sounded like he took John Short by surprise too. Then after the interview John Short said something about how Bob McManaman just tells it like it is. I guess we'll find out soon enough if this is an accurate rumour by the Pheonix reporter.

Maybe this is part of the same rumour that one of other local guys here in Edmonton has heard. He said(I think it was Ron Rimmer) that the Oilers would be trading soon and Comrie wasn't neccessarily the guy involved. But I don't have a link or anything from that.

Old
11-04-2003, 10:38 PM
kenabnrmal

Quote:
Originally Posted by dem
That may have been the worst post ever
How so? I'd rather hear about trade talk on a radio show I don't get to listen to than another ridiculous "proposal" thread. He didn't claim it was a rumor, nor a proposal...he presented it as exactly what it was...speculation. Fine post, imo.

Old
11-04-2003, 10:39 PM
dem

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenabnrmal
How so? I'd rather hear about trade talk on a radio show I don't get to listen to than another ridiculous "proposal" thread. He didn't claim it was a rumor, nor a proposal...he presented it as exactly what it was...speculation. Fine post, imo.
I was talking about the post by RoyIsALegend :p

Old
11-05-2003, 04:45 AM
donpaulo
Capt Barry Beck

who pray tell are is the OIL going to offer up for the guy ?
Rita ? doubtful, then again stranger things have happened.

If Kolanos is really back from his concussion problems he could be a very nice player wherever he ends up. Nice size, good wheels, decent hands. I personally wish him the best and like his upside. The Oil could do alot worse than make a move for Krys.

Old
11-05-2003, 06:44 AM
Larry Fisher
HFB Partner

From an Oilers stand point i would consider...

To Edmonton: Nagy, Kolanos, and one of Tanabe/Mara

To Phoenix: Comrie, Horcoff/Chimera and Ferguson

My Take is... Comrie with a slight edge over Nagy although Nagy looks to be breaking out somewhat this season. Horcoff/Chimera are close in value with Kolanos and both of them still have relatively high upsides. Tanabe/Mara are definitely a lot better than Ferguson but KLO remains confident that a team will have to overpay slightly for MC's services.

You want to take this trade to the next level...try this.

To Edmonton: Kolanos, Doan and Tanabe/Mara/Vaananen

To Phoenix: Comrie and Brewer

Is that fair value wise?

Old
11-05-2003, 06:46 AM
Mr Sakich

I heard an interview prior to the season where the Phoenix broadcasters blamed last year's lack of success squarely on Kolanos' abscence. He thought that highly of Krys.

I don't think Krys could get comrie straight up but maybe laraque?

Old
11-05-2003, 06:55 AM
Benji Frank

Quote:
Originally Posted by salostyle

My Take is... Comrie with a slight edge over Nagy although Nagy looks to be breaking out somewhat this season. Horcoff/Chimera are close in value with Kolanos and both of them still have relatively high upsides. Tanabe/Mara are definitely a lot better than Ferguson but KLO remains confident that a team will have to overpay slightly for MC's services.

Is that fair value wise?
Good luck on either try..... Phoenix ain't that desparate..........

Old
11-05-2003, 07:26 AM
kenabnrmal

Quote:
Originally Posted by dem
I was talking about the post by RoyIsALegend :p
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight....weeeeeeeeeeeell....shut up anyways....

Old
11-05-2003, 08:06 AM
FunkyChicken

Quote:

Is that fair value wise?
No.

Nagy>Comrie
Kolanos>Horcroft
Fergusson=AHL

I do like the idea of Doan for Comrie though.
I don't think any trade with Phoenix will involve Comrie.
Maybe Laraque for Kolanos.

Old
11-05-2003, 09:10 AM
CoyoteBaloney

Neither Doan nor Nagy will be involved in a Comrie trade ... if it happens at all. Jeez, you guys get carried away.

The Coyotes are stil llooking to dump at least $2 million more off their payroll. Any trade involving anybody will have to include one of two Brians ... Boucher or Savage.

BTW, Bob McManaman is not a respected beat reporter here in Phoenix. He loves to make crap up on the radio that will never appear in his articles.

Kolanos for Laraque? I won't even bother.

Old
11-05-2003, 09:45 AM
FunkyChicken

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoyoteTony
Neither Doan nor Nagy will be involved in a Comrie trade ... if it happens at all. Jeez, you guys get carried away.

The Coyotes are stil llooking to dump at least $2 million more off their payroll. Any trade involving anybody will have to include one of two Brians ... Boucher or Savage.

BTW, Bob McManaman is not a respected beat reporter here in Phoenix. He loves to make crap up on the radio that will never appear in his articles.

Kolanos for Laraque? I won't even bother.
Good luck moving Boucher and Savage...the Yotes would have to pick up a significant portion of each players salary. Likely easier just to buy them out. Doubt either player would get picked up on waivers.

In all seriousness, I can't see Doan on the move either. I could see a Comrie package for Kolanos and Langkow given Lowe's history of over-paying for local players.

With fighting up, the value of heavyweights is very high (eg.Worrell deal), Laraque should be able to land a solid young player with a concussion history.

Old
11-05-2003, 10:10 AM
HughJass*

Send a message via AIM to HughJass* Send a message via Yahoo to HughJass*
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoyoteTony
End of discussion right there.

Old
11-05-2003, 11:55 AM
officeglen

I like the term 'speculation' for use when a trade possibility is not a proposal, but instead is from a source, such as radio or Bruce Garrioch or Larry Brooks, where it does not deserve to be considered an actual rumour.

Old
11-05-2003, 12:09 PM
PhoPhan

Doan and Nagy are both much more desireable than Comrie, and the Coyotes have no need for a guy like Horcoff or Ferguson.
As for Laraque, I would love him as a Coyote, but not for Kolanos.
Personally though, I wouldn't mind seeing Comrie in a Coyotes jersey. In a few years, when all of their huge prospects come in, a guy like Comrie will be a welcome change.

Old
11-05-2003, 05:27 PM
Winston Wolf

Quote:
The proposal is pretty bad, so I'm not even going to talk about it. But, it appears to me that you haven't watched the Coyotes play, because Mara>>>>Tanabe, you talk like they are interchangeable. If I were the Oilers I would be happy to get Mara straight up for Comrie, let alone the rest of the players proposed in your deal.

Closed Thread