HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#39: Kings v. Canucks, 12/31/11, Happy New Year ! WIN, thought & tidbit, F' da Nucks

Old
01-01-2012, 04:06 PM
dunbar42

vCash: 500
Here's a picture showing the second (goal scoring) Canuck jumping on the ice.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited by dunbar42: 01-01-2012 at 04:15 PM. Reason: Better Picture
dunbar42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 04:19 PM
hplovecraft

Sigh. If only Darryl had have come back behind the bench in Calgary instead of hiring his brother. He was a great GM until the end when he flubbed some trades, but he was always a better coach. An unreal coach, really. He made the Flames team that lacked a lot of talent do some tremendous things.

hplovecraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 04:21 PM
Scottkmlps

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunbar42 View Post
Here's a picture showing the second (goal scoring) Canuck jumping on the ice.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Wait. Is that 7 Canucks on the ice (not including Luongo)? Funny no mention of that from the whiny Canucks fans.

Scottkmlps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 04:44 PM
Randart

Fantastic Way to Transition...

What a great way to polish off the holidays and ring in a new year!!!

We really do owe that Canuck team a few more drubbings like this one...
They tore us up in that playoff series and really put the wood to us, good to see
our guys remember that and handed them back some of their own medicine. Except of course we don't do it the dirt cheap shot way as they do!

I am so proud of our team right now feel like a new father! One thing I do agree with that the Nucks fans said was Luongo was pretty good as I thought we really could have had many more goals. And Quickers was that much better than the great Lu-Wongo! LOL

Props to our new coach for being wise in his role as mentor and leader of the team. He is doing it with class and insight, I could not be more impressed as most seem to be as well. Happy New Years to all and lets keep it going Kings! To think I almost turned off the game too when they scored the first goal I said to my GF, " And so it begins..." Thanks to the Kings for going hard to make it a awesome New Years Celebration!

Last edited by Randart: 01-01-2012 at 04:50 PM.
Randart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 05:05 PM
yankeeking

It was as nice to shut their fans up as it was to play well, most on this board have been fans for a long time and I remember going to canuks games where there was very few fans from there at the games but now the bandwagon is in overdrive. In my section we had diversity from the 12 yr old girl who never shutup to the old broad in front who laughed at every mistake for the first 30 minutes and who tried to get her husbands butt kicked with whiney crap the last 30, good thing it was not a drinking night lol......all in all a great team game and those lines looked awfully good

yankeeking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 05:28 PM
Butch 19
King me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
When you are at the game you don't always see the little things...just got finished watching the recorded game and saw where Ballard chickened out of going with Clifford one-on-one and then when Alpert took him down and he was pinned on the ice Ballard started cheap-shot punching him.

Absolutely outrageous. The NHL should be ashamed of itself if they don't address Ballard's chicken **** in some way...not sure it deserves a game suspension but that is absolutely embarrassing for the NHL...especially on "hockey night in Canada."
^^^^ exactly. What a bunch of whiners and cheap shot artists. Quite amazing actually.

What a sense of entitlement!! for the entire team.

And Burrows? - another punk

Butch 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 06:37 PM
HansH
Unwelcome Spectre

What a lovely game! A pp goal, the end of Kopitar's epic drought, four goals, and most importantly, not biting nails to hold on for the win at the end! Great job! Now, just keep that up for the rest of the season.

Projections still have the Kings finishing ninth, tied with Nashville on points (93) and probably losing out on the games won tiebreaker. So, to get in, the Kings need 50 points in the last 43 games, a record of 25-18 (a percentage of .581). San Jose is projected to win the Pacific with 101 points. To win the division, the Kings need 58 points in 43 games, or a record of 29-14.

HansH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 07:01 PM
Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
Now that was a fun game to watch. And the Canucks board was hilarious to read afterwards. Some of them really live in their own little world. One of them actually complained about matching penalties in the Clifford-Ballard-Alberts scrum, saying how it was "Pathetic how this is evened up."

Oh, and the Canucks only goal of the game shouldn't have counted. Should have been too many men on the ice or, at the very least, premature substitution. One Canuck changed for another when he was 45 feet away from the bench. Saw this on the highlights from the CBC broadcast. Pause it at 1:42.
Some of the comments on that video by canucks fans are priceless. They can't understand how Ballard did anything wrong.

Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 08:13 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 1379
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadite View Post
Anyone know why the Sharks have played so few games? 5 less games is a heck of a lot less.
We have 8 back-to-backs in the next 3 months, including 17 games in March.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choralone View Post
I'll cheer the Sharks every time vs the Canucks, even though they are in our division.
Likewise, my friend. We'll handle you own battles with class, as long as we can both kick Vancouver's ass. I unashamedly cheer for you guys against the Nucks, hell, I almost can cheer for the Ducks and Stars against the Canucks. Classless bunch of punks with consistent selective amnesia.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 08:22 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Overseer View Post
I thought the refereeing was very poor. Heavily slanted toward the Kings.
Who cares? I didn't watch the whole game, so I'm not going to argue that. But, it's a really really poor excuse.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 08:31 PM
bobafettish*

the only time the kings got calls was in the 3rd when the game was already won......

bobafettish* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 08:50 PM
BringTheReign

Fox talked about Recchi mentioning that the Canucks are known league-wide as a team that is not liked. To me, that seems like a diplomatic way of saying they have lost the respect of others, and they showed it. Bieska's interview in the NHL.com article shows why, along with the couple third-man-in incidents; my favorite being Burrows jumping headlock behind our net (although not unexpected from a player of his character).

BringTheReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 09:19 PM
Sam
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Thank you for the detailed analysis. You did a great job converting us with your unbiased and very reasonable views.

Face it. Calls were missed on both sides. Off the top of my head, I can remember the following that went against the Kings:

1. The missed too many men on the ice before the Canucks only goal. Missed minor penalty and goal for the Canucks.
2. Edler momentarily covering the puck in the crease. Could have been a penalty shot. That's a 50/50 call.
3. Edler's interference on Lewis, checking him before either guy had touched the puck. Should have been a minor for interference. Though I may be biased as a guy who plays forward.
4. Ballard's stickwork on Clifford before the scrum, leaving his stick up high and catching Clifford in the upper chest with the blade. Spearing is a double minor minimum. Don't know if they showed that on the CBC feed. I'm assuming not, given Canucks fans reactions.
5. Kesler's hook on Brown in the 3rd soon after Doughty's dive which spun Brown around. Missed minor penalty.

Off the top of my head, I can remember the following that went against the Canucks:

1. Doughty's dive. If I'm the ref, I only call Doughty. A two minor penalty swing.
2. Mitchell's punch to the face. Missed minor penalty.
3. The missed slashing call on the broken stick while the Canucks were on the PP. Missed minor penalty which would have put the Canucks on a 5 on 3.
4. The missed slew foot ? (I believe it was Richards or Richardson). Missed minor penalty.

I'm sure there are things I've missed, and I am sure there are plays where we would have differing opinions on (Canucks fans in general had a very different view of the scrums). **** was missed on both sides. If you still want to complain and act like the refs were the reason the Canucks lost, take some advice from the Canucks fans 2011 playoffs avatars and deal with it.

Last edited by Sam: 01-01-2012 at 10:50 PM.
Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 09:20 PM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

Quote:
And yet right above you in this thread is evidence that the Canucks one and and only goal shouldn't have counted. The refs blew the call... But it happens all the time. They're human.

CTKingsFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 09:38 PM
kingsholygrail
Career Worst Year

Quote:
Penalties for Kings - 6
Penalties for Canucks - 8

I don't see the slant here.

kingsholygrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 09:57 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWest View Post

Jason Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 10:43 PM
Live in the Now
YNWA

Awards:
Quote:
That's slanted when there should have been three times that many penalties on the Kings.
The Canucks also should have had zero times as many goals as they wound up with. Let's leave it at that.

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 10:48 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
The Canucks also should have had zero times as many goals as they wound up with. Let's leave it at that.
Ding ding ding! We have a winner.

KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 10:59 PM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Of course you would have. You are a Canucks fan watching the game through riot-scarred glasses purchased in Boston.

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 11:16 PM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

Quote:
That's slanted when there should have been three times that many penalties on the Kings.

Puck U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 01:08 AM
onlyalad

Funny thing if Clifford (Kings' penalty minute leader/goon) was on the Canucks he would be fifth.

onlyalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 01:12 AM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyalad View Post
Funny thing if Clifford (Kings' penalty minute leader/goon) was on the Canucks he would be fifth.
But that's only because the refs clearly give the Kings a decided edge when it comes to calling penalties. It's a conspiracy, I tell you.

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 01:32 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Just caught the highlights today and I loved what I saw. The Kings need to play this type of game more often. A physical, in your face, relentless forechecking game. They dictated the physical game, and that is something they should do with the players they have on the roster.

Hopefully Sutter can bring this out of them on a regular basis. That is how a team can form an identity, and if they keep that play up, they'll be competing against any team in the league. If you can't match a team with skill, you have to outmatch them physically. That's how Boston successfully defeated the Canucks.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 02:29 AM
Ollie Weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Just caught the highlights today and I loved what I saw. The Kings need to play this type of game more often. A physical, in your face, relentless forechecking game. They dictated the physical game, and that is something they should do with the players they have on the roster.

Hopefully Sutter can bring this out of them on a regular basis. That is how a team can form an identity, and if they keep that play up, they'll be competing against any team in the league. If you can't match a team with skill, you have to outmatch them physically. That's how Boston successfully defeated the Canucks.
Exactly what I was thinking when I was watching it, they looked almost exactly like the Bruins. The feistiness and emotion helped them maintain their tenacity throughout the game, something largely absent this year that was costing us points. If we play every team like we hate their guts, look out.

Ollie Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 04:10 AM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
But that's only because the refs clearly give the Kings a decided edge when it comes to calling penalties. It's a conspiracy, I tell you.
i hate west coast bias...

back on topic, Kings looked awesome against two legit teams. Nice to see the Kings be what the majority of us, uncredible/unknowledgeable/sheep/unprotectors of Kings tradition/post-Gretzky era fans always thought they were

KingPurpleDinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote