HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ALL JERSEY TALK HERE - I don't know what to name this, so JERSEYS! Part four.

Closed Thread

Old
01-01-2012, 02:05 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjd624 View Post
Hhahaa.... what did I tell you... what do you want me to explain

the fact that I know Bob Sweet (let me pick that name up) whos the head honcho over at SZ Vorhees... and while talking to his daughter I asked if the On-Ice jerseys were going to be Felt and she said yeah they were in the back right now...

That part darling?
Good enough for me... case closed... I'll now leave you guys to your rather disturbing personal spiced conversation.

Old
01-01-2012, 02:17 PM
Mosetter27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdalite View Post
Good enough for me... case closed... I'll now leave you guys to your rather disturbing personal spiced conversation.

sure you dont want in? theres plenty of room.

Old
01-01-2012, 02:28 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
sure you dont want in? theres plenty of room.
... aaaand we get even more disturbing yet... I will pass on the Ménage à trois la discussion.

Old
01-01-2012, 03:04 PM
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post

I just ordered it from Amazon yesterday. It probably won't arrive until next week(9th-13th).
Ok, that one. IceJerseys does it accurately, as does exclusivepro.com. I believe IJ outsources to Exclusive Pro (EPS), and IJ I believe has an extra charge if you didn't buy it from them. I would contact EPS.

BJD, thank you darling, but stop trying to share my services

Old
01-01-2012, 03:25 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

I will tell you all what my psycharatrist told me: YOUR NUTS! Then he told me to get out

Old
01-01-2012, 03:43 PM
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus

Quote:
Originally Posted by funghoul View Post
I will tell you all what my psycharatrist told me: YOUR NUTS! Then he told me to get out
What about your nuts and why were you showing them to your psychiatrist?

I will slowly teach the world the importance of apostrophes!!!!!

Old
01-01-2012, 04:17 PM
cheesesteak

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyOnTheSpot View Post
Ok, that one. IceJerseys does it accurately, as does exclusivepro.com. I believe IJ outsources to Exclusive Pro (EPS), and IJ I believe has an extra charge if you didn't buy it from them. I would contact EPS.

BJD, thank you darling, but stop trying to share my services
Alright thanks. I was actually checking that website out.

When it comes to placing the order how do you go about it? Phone or online? I was looking at their order form, and it's a little confusing. What do they mean by "PLEASE DECLARE IF YOU WANT JERSEYS/KITS COMPLETED IN A LAYERED OR REVERSE KISS CUT STYLE." ? This is my first jersey so I'm not really sure what that means, but I know I want the numbering/lettering done like the authentic.

Old
01-01-2012, 04:20 PM
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus

Quote:
Alright thanks. I was actually checking that website out.

When it comes to placing the order how do you go about it? Phone or online? I was looking at their order form, and it's a little confusing. What do they mean by "PLEASE DECLARE IF YOU WANT JERSEYS/KITS COMPLETED IN A LAYERED OR REVERSE KISS CUT STYLE." ? This is my first jersey so I'm not really sure what that means, but I know I want the numbering/lettering done like the authentic.
You talking about EPS or IJ? If you go the EPS route, e-mail them and tell them what you want. Josh will respond, just tell him what you want done. PS, you want layered, no kiss cuts. But Josh will know to do that.

Old
01-01-2012, 04:30 PM
s3x

Just watched the NHL Network coverage of today. Saw Jagr walking up to the team photo with the camera trailing. Noticed that the black numbers were slightly reflective when the sun caught them... can't help but think they may actually be twill...

Old
01-01-2012, 04:30 PM
orangecrush8

Alright guys, I need some help on who to get on my WC jersey.

I have an authentic which will be Giroux'd no matter what. The problem lies with the replica. Before the announcement that Bob will be starting I was torn between Hartnell and Jagr. Now that Bob is the starter I am now reconsidering. Because Bob isn't technically the starting goalie, on a regular home or away jersey, I likely wouldn't get his jersey. However, since the WC is a one time jersey, I wouldnt be against the Bob option

So what do you guys think? Bob, Hartnell or Jagr?

Old
01-01-2012, 04:32 PM
cheesesteak

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyOnTheSpot View Post
You talking about EPS or IJ? If you go the EPS route, e-mail them and tell them what you want. Josh will respond, just tell him what you want done. PS, you want layered, no kiss cuts. But Josh will know to do that.
Yea, I was talking about EPS. Once I get the Jersey I'll send them a e-mail. Thanks again, and I'll post pics whenever it gets done.

If use have any pics of your jerseys done by EPS I'd be interested in seeing them.

Old
01-01-2012, 04:39 PM
Mosetter27

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3x View Post
Just watched the NHL Network coverage of today. Saw Jagr walking up to the team photo with the camera trailing. Noticed that the black numbers were slightly reflective when the sun caught them... can't help but think they may actually be twill...
I was just watching same video on nhl.com... sorry dude thats felt you can clearly see when they almost trip over him going down the steps... just saying...

Old
01-01-2012, 04:41 PM
orangecrush8

Quote:
Yea, I was talking about EPS. Once I get the Jersey I'll send them a e-mail. Thanks again, and I'll post pics whenever it gets done.

If use have any pics of your jerseys done by EPS I'd be interested in seeing them.
I figured I would chime in here. First off, EPS does a great job on the older style edge jerseys (black and white). Having said that, what player and what size jersey are you getting? EPS tends to sew the nameplate a little higher than what was actually worn on the ice. Now for a player like Briere or Giroux, this isn't much of a problem because of the length of the last name. But if you go for a player with a longer name, JVR for example, you might run into some problems.

The jersey below I had done by EPS.

This jersey had to be fixed by EPS after they initially sewed the nameplate above the back seam of the jersey despite the nameplate being sewn directly on top of the seam for game worn jerseys. This caused it to overlap onto orange shoulder part of the jersey. So like I said, if you get Briere or Giroux, this likely wouldn't happen, but for longer named players, and some average length names but with small jersey sizes, this could be a problem. This jersey is a size 52 btw.

Just be extremely emphatic with Josh if you are afraid of the nameplate overlapping. Specifically tell him and write on the order form that you want the nameplate sewn directly on top of the seam.

Old
01-01-2012, 04:41 PM
s3x

Quote:
I was just watching same video on nhl.com... sorry dude thats felt you can clearly see when they almost trip over him going down the steps... just saying...
You might be right. I just thought I saw the number catch the light, and that led me to believe it might be twill. But I'm not saying it's not felt.

Old
01-01-2012, 04:49 PM
Mosetter27

It's cool man... It could have. Even the way the camera adjusted to the lighting also

Old
01-01-2012, 04:54 PM
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangecrush8 View Post
I figured I would chime in here. First off, EPS does a great job on the older style edge jerseys (black and white). Having said that, what player and what size jersey are you getting? EPS tends to sew the nameplate a little higher than what was actually worn on the ice. Now for a player like Briere or Giroux, this isn't much of a problem because of the length of the last name. But if you go for a player with a longer name, JVR for example, you might run into some problems.

This jersey had to be fixed by EPS after they initially sewed the nameplate above the back seam of the jersey despite the nameplate being sewn directly on top of the seam for game worn jerseys. This caused it to overlap onto orange shoulder part of the jersey. So like I said, if you get Briere or Giroux, this likely wouldn't happen, but for longer named players, and some average length names but with small jersey sizes, this could be a problem. This jersey is a size 52 btw.

Just be extremely emphatic with Josh if you are afraid of the nameplate overlapping. Specifically tell him and write on the order form that you want the nameplate sewn directly on top of the seam.
Good advice. Basically, talk to them like you're talking to someone who knows nothing about jerseys. Speak in brutal detail.

Old
01-01-2012, 05:12 PM
cheesesteak

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangecrush8 View Post

Just be extremely emphatic with Josh if you are afraid of the nameplate overlapping. [B]Specifically tell him and write on the order form that you want the nameplate sewn directly on top of the seam.
I'm going with Giroux, it's size medium, and I'd like the assistant captain patch(it's the black version of the one you posted above). Do you think that'd be a problem? I want lettering/numbering to be as close to the authentic as possible. So, I should tell them I want the name plate sewn directly on top of the seam?

Old
01-01-2012, 06:40 PM
orangecrush8

Quote:
I'm going with Giroux, it's size medium, and I'd like the assistant captain patch(it's the black version of the one you posted above). Do you think that'd be a problem? I want lettering/numbering to be as close to the authentic as possible. So, I should tell them I want the name plate sewn directly on top of the seam?
Hmm Im thinking that on a premier the seam is lower. Either way because you're getting Giroux, I dont think it should be a problem.

You can also try to ballpark where the nameplate would end. I cant say with 100% confidence that the seam on a premier replica is in the same exact location as an authentic. But just take a look at your jersey, and picture how it would look if the bottom of the nameplate was just above the seam on the jersey, would it overlap onto the shoulder? Furthermore, picture how it would look if the nameplate was place directly on top of the seam.

All in all, getting Giroux on the jersey shouldn't be a problem.

Old
01-01-2012, 07:05 PM
hof2120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers1 View Post
hof2120, any chance you could post some pictures of your buddy's jersey? I have been thinking about getting one from NHL.com for a while but I am very leary about the customization, although I was thinking that maybe all the retailers might be using the same kit. Please see what you can do!
Yeah, I'll try to get one tomorrow when I go over his house to watch the Winter Classic.

Old
01-01-2012, 07:09 PM
usahockey22flyers
Forza Roma

We should do like a jersey collection picture day. I'd love to share/see collections.

Old
01-01-2012, 07:18 PM
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus

Here are my nicer ones, the rest are in here:

http://s999.photobucket.com/albums/a...%20Collection/

I have some blanks that aren't listed I'm waiting to get done up, including 6 Phantoms authentics and 10 Flyers Edges.

Last edited by JohnnyOnTheSpot: 01-01-2012 at 07:25 PM.
Old
01-01-2012, 07:26 PM
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus

The

Old
01-01-2012, 07:26 PM
orangecrush8

Mine is a work in progress. Once I'm out of school and have a steady income I would definitely like to expand. Until then I buy a jersey or two each year.

http://s1188.photobucket.com/albums/z417/makenned91/

Old
01-01-2012, 08:02 PM
Mosetter27

I'd overload this site if i posted it again... haha

Old
01-02-2012, 09:55 AM
MountainHawk

Time for a new jersey for me. I don't like to wear them after the player leaves, so the Richards and Carter jerseys both got retired in the same year.

Giroux seems the obvious choice ... but I generally try not to have the obvious choice, though I may make an exception in this case. Do you think Couterier is a high risk to be moved at some point?

Closed Thread