HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The future of Mats Zuccarello

Old
12-31-2011, 08:48 PM
Miller Time NYR

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyFotiu View Post
What advantage? He could have had better numbers with more games and more experience. Guys first 42 games in the NHL are rarely their best games of their career.
it can go both ways, regardless he was inconsistent and if hes not scoring he has no use, hes one dimensional simple as that.

Miller Time NYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 09:20 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Atoz View Post
I'm much more interested in the future of the Rangers.

I still resent the obsession over this guy who has done nothing.
Here, here! Agree 100%.

Drewbackatu* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 10:48 PM
Zil

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyFotiu View Post
What advantage? He could have had better numbers with more games and more experience. Guys first 42 games in the NHL are rarely their best games of their career.
It really depends. Some guys come up hot and tail off and others improve. Extra time in the NHL didn't make Petr Prucha a more effective player.

Zil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 06:25 AM
thepoeticgoblin

vCash: 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbackatu View Post
I think what Zucc is lacking is Tort's "trust." He just doesn't feel comfortable putting a player like Zucc out there with the defensively responsible system we play and the success we are having. He just isn't the prototypical forward that has now become our benchmark this season. I'm sure there's a place for him somewhere in the league.
/thread

thepoeticgoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 10:10 AM
sankaa

As much as i would love having zucc in the nyr, im pretty sure he wont stay here. Our offensive lineup works great without him for the moment, and mitchell and Hagelin stands first in line right now. And when kreider gets up here, there simply aint room for our little fella.

Hope he gets moved and can play for another nhl team. I think zuccs wants to have more icetime at f,ex the islanders or devils, knowing they probably wont make the playoffs, than beeing stuck in the ahl waiting for a callup in ny.

Move him - its best for both zucc and the club. Its as easy as that.

sankaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 10:51 AM
Glennsoe
Horndog

But does Devils/Islanders have anyone we can trade for ?

Glennsoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 11:40 AM
TCRF
RICK. GNASH

vCash: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennsoe View Post
But does Devils/Islanders have anyone we can trade for ?
Parise

TCRF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 12:10 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

When Zucca returns from his injury in a few weeks,the Rangers will trade him. The deadline is February 27. The player get a chance to play somewhere else and the Rangers get another asset.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 12:16 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredrikstad View Post
I have a lot to prove, and I have a lot of game left after not being allowed to play my game for the last four years, Avery told The Post before returning to New York from Florida, where he was given notice of the move Friday morning.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...#ixzz1i7onUB5a
Avery is a whiny *******. So what?

ECL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 06:37 PM
KenGuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrleetch View Post
As a rookie he put up 17 assists in 42 games.

He was basically on pace for 35 assists in the NHL. To me that shows you can play in the NHL.

The coach for Connecticut Whales Ken Gernander is surprised that Zuccarello is not in the NHL. He thinks he is more than good enough for the NHL.

Peter Forsberg was sure he was gonna be a success in the NHL and so did Naslund.
Even Hedman (Victor) was impressed by him. I am sure these guys know what they are talking about.

But I agree NYR is not the team for him. And Torts is certainly not the right coach to develope him (he only makes him more insecure).

KenGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 06:43 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenGuru View Post
The coach for Connecticut Whales Ken Gernander is surprised that Zuccarello is not in the NHL. He thinks he is more than good enough for the NHL.

Peter Forsberg was sure he was gonna be a success in the NHL and so did Naslund.
Even Hedman (Victor) was impressed by him. I am sure these guys know what they are talking about.

But I agree NYR is not the team for him. And Torts is certainly not the right coach to develope him (he only makes him more insecure).
Do you have any factual evidence to back this up?

Naslund I've heard but everything else seems like bs, specifically the torts part. Can i have a quote or link for the Gernander reference?

Also, Torts seems to have done an amazing job developing our young guys. If he though Zucc would improve the team he'd be on it, no doubt about it.

Since Torts came here we've seen young guys take the games to whole new levels such as

Stepan
Ansimov
Callahan
MDZ
McDonagh
Sauer
Boyle (certainly improved, still not great though)
Mitchell
Eminger
Hagelin

I have 100% faith in Torts doing the right thing with young guys and not making them feel insecure as you say. If MZA can't take the heat then he's not made to be on this team.

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 07:18 PM
Maineice11

Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckface NYR View Post
Do you have any factual evidence to back this up?

Naslund I've heard but everything else seems like bs, specifically the torts part. Can i have a quote or link for the Gernander reference?

Also, Torts seems to have done an amazing job developing our young guys. If he though Zucc would improve the team he'd be on it, no doubt about it.

Since Torts came here we've seen young guys take the games to whole new levels such as

Stepan
Ansimov
Callahan
MDZ
McDonagh
Sauer
Boyle (certainly improved, still not great though)
Mitchell
Eminger
Hagelin

I have 100% faith in Torts doing the right thing with young guys and not making them feel insecure as you say. If MZA can't take the heat then he's not made to be on this team.
i will say that i do remember msg telecast saying that the CT Whale brass telling nyr to call up mza if they need someone and that was right after he was sent down, but torts wanted more strength in the lineup, but i would imagaine that the ct whale brass still feels the same about mza.

Maineice11 is online now   Reply With Quote