HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The AHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The AHL Discuss the American Hockey League; its players, teams, and games.

Listen To Reason

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-30-2011, 09:10 AM
  #1
Frostbite Warrior
Registered User
 
Frostbite Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: ThunderDome
Country: United States
Posts: 253
vCash: 500
Listen To Reason

Please listen to Reason for once please. I found a street view of the Silly nonsense of the Phantoms moving to Allentown. Click the link below. They have not started on the project because of this

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

Also it will take a long time to build an sports Arena. So Listen to Reason for once and trust me


Last edited by Frostbite Warrior: 12-30-2011 at 09:11 AM. Reason: Editing
Frostbite Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 09:23 AM
  #2
pelts35.com
Registered User
 
pelts35.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 11,612
vCash: 500
Your link takes you to a map of the US.

That said you might want to read this article, where the Brooks Group signed a 29 year lease for the planned arena...

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/alle...ockey_tea.html

Just a few snippets for your enjoyment...

"The owner of the Phantoms minor league hockey team has signed a 29-year lease for the planned Allentown arena and will invest $33.5 million in the project over that time.

Under the lease, which was signed today, the arena will be owned by the Allentown Commercial and Industrial Development Authority and operated by the Brooks Group, which owns the Philadelphia Flyers affiliate."

"Demolition is scheduled to begin Jan. 3 near the intersection of Seventh and Linden streets"


Last edited by pelts35.com: 12-30-2011 at 09:30 AM.
pelts35.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 09:34 AM
  #3
Frostbite Warrior
Registered User
 
Frostbite Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: ThunderDome
Country: United States
Posts: 253
vCash: 500
No it's the location of the Arena for the Phantoms in Allentown. Look Hamilton Boulevard between Seventh and Eighth streets


Last edited by Frostbite Warrior: 12-30-2011 at 09:34 AM. Reason: Editing
Frostbite Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 09:50 AM
  #4
pelts35.com
Registered User
 
pelts35.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 11,612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostbite Warrior View Post
No it's the location of the Arena for the Phantoms in Allentown. Look Hamilton Boulevard between Seventh and Eighth streets
Sorry, but the link doesn't take you there.

Either way, the article that I posted above pretty much should tell you that the Phantoms are heading to Allentown.

pelts35.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 10:13 AM
  #5
Frostbite Warrior
Registered User
 
Frostbite Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: ThunderDome
Country: United States
Posts: 253
vCash: 500
Why would they go back to Pa for? They were forced out of Pa for a shopping mall so why go back there again. When the Phantoms do leave every businesses will lose money and go bankrupt. People here in Glens Falls want hockey so the people in glens falls should get an Petition going and save the Phantoms for leaving in 2013. Again WE the People of Glens Falls and Queensbury New York WANT Hockey in Glens Falls New York TO STAY


Last edited by Frostbite Warrior: 12-30-2011 at 10:14 AM. Reason: Editing
Frostbite Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 10:25 AM
  #6
Majik1987
I know kung fu...
 
Majik1987's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Northern Illinois
Country: United States
Posts: 4,185
vCash: 500
Accckkkk, the project might take out a food mart and a party supply store!!

No seriously, I went to the intersection using the quotes Pelts provided and Google Earth, and there are a lot of parking lots on the north side of the intersection. I presume that is where the arena will go. That whole area doesn't have anything that couldn't be torn down. The spot I thought they would use has a boarded up delicatessen, a shady looking law office, and some apartments. Those could be torn down for the arena.

__________________
The Chicago Wolves = 2008 Calder Cup Champions!
Majik1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 02:13 PM
  #7
pelts35.com
Registered User
 
pelts35.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 11,612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostbite Warrior View Post
Why would they go back to Pa for? They were forced out of Pa for a shopping mall so why go back there again. When the Phantoms do leave every businesses will lose money and go bankrupt. People here in Glens Falls want hockey so the people in glens falls should get an Petition going and save the Phantoms for leaving in 2013. Again WE the People of Glens Falls and Queensbury New York WANT Hockey in Glens Falls New York TO STAY
Are you really asking this question? When the Brooks group purchased the phantoms they made it abundantly clear that they wanted the team to play in the Lehigh Valley and that Glens Falls was a temporary home until an arena is built for them.

While i sympathize with you, i do think you are exaggerating just a tad when you say that every business in glens falls will go bankrupt, however, that is not the Brooks group problem or responsibility.

pelts35.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 02:45 PM
  #8
Sports Enthusiast
Not Here To Be Liked
 
Sports Enthusiast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middle of nowhere
Posts: 11,112
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostbite Warrior View Post
Why would they go back to Pa for? They were forced out of Pa for a shopping mall so why go back there again. When the Phantoms do leave every businesses will lose money and go bankrupt. People here in Glens Falls want hockey so the people in glens falls should get an Petition going and save the Phantoms for leaving in 2013. Again WE the People of Glens Falls and Queensbury New York WANT Hockey in Glens Falls New York TO STAY
Somebody is exaggerating much.


So somebody pitch thye idea for an ECHL team. BRING BACK THE ICEHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!

Sports Enthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 04:28 PM
  #9
CHRDANHUTCH
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Auburn, Maine
Country: United States
Posts: 15,774
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via MSN to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via Yahoo to CHRDANHUTCH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Men Rule View Post
Somebody is exaggerating much.


So somebody pitch thye idea for an ECHL team. BRING BACK THE ICEHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!
agreed, wht FW keeps forgetting is Comcast through Global Spectrum operates the GFCC, there was an agreement that when Allentown got the arena up and going, until then the team plays out of Glens Falls, the Flyers never wanted to leave their affiliate in ADIRONDACK, longer than the temporary agreement that expires by 2012/13...

CHRDANHUTCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 05:18 PM
  #10
Tommy Hawk
Registered User
 
Tommy Hawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,757
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostbite Warrior View Post
Why would they go back to Pa for? They were forced out of Pa for a shopping mall so why go back there again. When the Phantoms do leave every businesses will lose money and go bankrupt. People here in Glens Falls want hockey so the people in glens falls should get an Petition going and save the Phantoms for leaving in 2013. Again WE the People of Glens Falls and Queensbury New York WANT Hockey in Glens Falls New York TO STAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelts35.com View Post
Are you really asking this question? When the Brooks group purchased the phantoms they made it abundantly clear that they wanted the team to play in the Lehigh Valley and that Glens Falls was a temporary home until an arena is built for them.

While i sympathize with you, i do think you are exaggerating just a tad when you say that every business in glens falls will go bankrupt, however, that is not the Brooks group problem or responsibility.
True dat!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRDANHUTCH View Post
agreed, wht FW keeps forgetting is Comcast through Global Spectrum operates the GFCC, there was an agreement that when Allentown got the arena up and going, until then the team plays out of Glens Falls, the Flyers never wanted to leave their affiliate in ADIRONDACK, longer than the temporary agreement that expires by 2012/13...
The professor gets one!! You KNEW it was temporary. Get a petition going, but you won't have an AHL team much longer. AS for building an arena. Only takes a year.

Tommy Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 10:34 PM
  #11
Bored5000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 30
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostbite Warrior View Post
Why would they go back to Pa for? They were forced out of Pa for a shopping mall so why go back there again. When the Phantoms do leave every businesses will lose money and go bankrupt. People here in Glens Falls want hockey so the people in glens falls should get an Petition going and save the Phantoms for leaving in 2013. Again WE the People of Glens Falls and Queensbury New York WANT Hockey in Glens Falls New York TO STAY
Why would they want to come back to PA? The parent club is 60 miles away. It doesn't really seem like the people of Glens Falls are doing much to support the team (27th in attendance out of 30 AHL clubs). A Flyers AHL affiliate barely an hour away from Philly will blow away any support the team could ever dream about having in Glen Falls.

I realize minor league hockey and minor league baseball have a somewhat different business model, but the Allentown/Lehigh Valley fans have swarrmed all over the Phillies AAA team in the same area.

Bored5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:12 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.