HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

10,000 Pt XXIV | A treatise on Shark board nerdiness (at least the last one was)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-01-2012, 09:29 PM
  #76
Shape
Go Sharks :(
 
Shape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Across from the Tank
Country: United States
Posts: 5,480
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KpopandHockey View Post
Almost flunked out of my first quarter at Davis because I was a transfer student and had no friends to talk to at Davis.
Did you transfer for academics or friends?

Shape is offline  
Old
01-01-2012, 09:32 PM
  #77
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks
 
TheJuxtaposer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 26,329
vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by KpopandHockey View Post
Not only that but if you don't know anyone at your school it's really hard to motivate yourself to do anything at all. Almost flunked out of my first quarter at Davis because I was a transfer student and had no friends to talk to at Davis.
Yeah, it sucks being an introvert. I have such issues making friends.

TheJuxtaposer is offline  
Old
01-01-2012, 09:38 PM
  #78
KpopandHockey
HFBoards Sponsor
 
KpopandHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 8,584
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shape View Post
Did you transfer for academics or friends?
I don't understand...? I went to a junior college and needed to go to a four year school to get a diploma.

KpopandHockey is offline  
Old
01-01-2012, 09:57 PM
  #79
TrappedInFullerton
Murray SMASH
 
TrappedInFullerton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 13,392
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensSharksGirl View Post
Thanks guys! I got the tips just what I wanted.
My tip: Cut back on using the word 'just'. Most of the time, it's pointless.

TrappedInFullerton is offline  
Old
01-01-2012, 10:00 PM
  #80
Graveland
HONE YOUR CRAFT
 
Graveland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: United States
Posts: 11,284
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TehJuxtaposer View Post
Yeah, it sucks being an introvert. I have such issues making friends.
Its not that bad, you get to spend a lot of time by yourself and if you're like me you just revel in your own awesomeness.

Graveland is offline  
Old
01-01-2012, 10:07 PM
  #81
Kitten Mittons
Registered User
 
Kitten Mittons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: San Francisco
Country: Armenia
Posts: 47,527
vCash: 500
A thread on ****** got me thinking about the "cutting in line" etiquette. If you're in a long line and waiting for a friend who would then obviously stand next to you because you're going to the whatever event together, is that really cutting? I am not talking about Curb's chat n cut, but the cases when you're actually waiting for someone.

Kitten Mittons is offline  
Old
01-01-2012, 10:16 PM
  #82
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks
 
TheJuxtaposer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 26,329
vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graveland View Post
Its not that bad, you get to spend a lot of time by yourself and if you're like me you just revel in your own awesomeness.
That's what I spend most of my time doing. I also spend a stupid amount of time on HF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten Mittons View Post
A thread on ****** got me thinking about the "cutting in line" etiquette. If you're in a long line and waiting for a friend who would then obviously stand next to you because you're going to the whatever event together, is that really cutting? I am not talking about Curb's chat n cut, but the cases when you're actually waiting for someone.
Nope. I only get annoyed by it when you're at the Fair or an amusement park and some ******-bag 7th grade girl waits in line for ten of her friends, who then cut in right before you get to the front.

TheJuxtaposer is offline  
Old
01-01-2012, 10:34 PM
  #83
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus
 
The Nemesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Langley, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,231
vCash: 500



__________________

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."

Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.
The Nemesis is offline  
Old
01-01-2012, 10:40 PM
  #84
Shape
Go Sharks :(
 
Shape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Across from the Tank
Country: United States
Posts: 5,480
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KpopandHockey View Post
I don't understand...? I went to a junior college and needed to go to a four year school to get a diploma.
You said you almost flunked out because you had no friends, at least that's the way you worded it. Maybe you meant it differently.

Shape is offline  
Old
01-01-2012, 10:42 PM
  #85
Kitten Mittons
Registered User
 
Kitten Mittons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: San Francisco
Country: Armenia
Posts: 47,527
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shape View Post
You said you almost flunked out because you had no friends, at least that's the way you worded it. Maybe you meant it differently.
That's what he meant. Your point stands.

Kitten Mittons is offline  
Old
01-01-2012, 10:47 PM
  #86
KpopandHockey
HFBoards Sponsor
 
KpopandHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 8,584
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shape View Post
You said you almost flunked out because you had no friends, at least that's the way you worded it. Maybe you meant it differently.
Yep, because I got depressed not having anyone to hang out with my first quarter. Being down in spirits will hurt your academics. Maybe you are different, but I need people to hang out with when I'm not doing school/work. I can spend a lot of time alone but I can't spend all of my time alone, otherwise I get depressed.

KpopandHockey is offline  
Old
01-01-2012, 11:49 PM
  #87
KirbyDots
Registered User
 
KirbyDots's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mountain View, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,866
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post


I would get "Rowdy" Roddy Piper a pair of special sunglasses that reveal the secret alien menace invading earth for Christmas. That and some Bubblegum, cuz he's all out.

KirbyDots is offline  
Old
01-02-2012, 12:33 AM
  #88
ProstheticConscience
WWIII
 
ProstheticConscience's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Canuck Nation
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,484
vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by KirbyDots View Post
I would get "Rowdy" Roddy Piper a pair of special sunglasses that reveal the secret alien menace invading earth for Christmas. That and some Bubblegum, cuz he's all out.
Owing to the fact the fight scene in South Park between Timmy and Jimmy in the scouts episode was a shot-for-shot remake of the fight between Roddy Piper and Keith David in They Live, here's a yt of the They Live fight with South Park audio.


ProstheticConscience is offline  
Old
01-02-2012, 08:22 AM
  #89
Graveland
HONE YOUR CRAFT
 
Graveland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: United States
Posts: 11,284
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by KpopandHockey View Post
Yep, because I got depressed not having anyone to hang out with my first quarter. Being down in spirits will hurt your academics. Maybe you are different, but I need people to hang out with when I'm not doing school/work. I can spend a lot of time alone but I can't spend all of my time alone, otherwise I get depressed.
Aww poor guy, you can come to Sacramento and watch me play SWTOR if you want.

Graveland is offline  
Old
01-02-2012, 05:19 PM
  #90
KpopandHockey
HFBoards Sponsor
 
KpopandHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 8,584
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graveland View Post
Aww poor guy, you can come to Sacramento and watch me play SWTOR if you want.
I'd rather have no friends than go to Sacramento. But I only had that problem the first quarter here.

KpopandHockey is offline  
Old
01-02-2012, 06:04 PM
  #91
Spacemania
Murray says: Rawr!
 
Spacemania's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Signpost Forest, YT
Country: United Nations
Posts: 28,280
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Spacemania

Spacemania is offline  
Old
01-02-2012, 06:12 PM
  #92
drunksage
Moderator
#88: The Savior.
 
drunksage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Henderson, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 12,505
vCash: 1004
Quote:
Originally Posted by KpopandHockey View Post
Not only that but if you don't know anyone at your school it's really hard to motivate yourself to do anything at all. Almost flunked out of my first quarter at Davis because I was a transfer student and had no friends to talk to at Davis.
Based on my undergrad experience/loneliness vs. my pharmacy school experience so far, this is very good advice.

drunksage is offline  
Old
01-02-2012, 06:49 PM
  #93
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go
 
LadyStanley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: North of the Tank
Country: United States
Posts: 55,560
vCash: 500
http://www.tsn.ca/nfl/story/?id=384056

49ers OC Roman may be leading contender for Penn State (coaching job; just to clarify )

LadyStanley is offline  
Old
01-03-2012, 12:40 AM
  #94
param
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 3,079
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by KpopandHockey View Post
Yep, because I got depressed not having anyone to hang out with my first quarter. Being down in spirits will hurt your academics. Maybe you are different, but I need people to hang out with when I'm not doing school/work. I can spend a lot of time alone but I can't spend all of my time alone, otherwise I get depressed.
I've found better success to make friends at work instead of school. Though to be fair I've only ever done half of a semester of junior college on two separate occasions, and the place I worked at had about 150 people per shift. Hopefully when you get into the work force, or start logging in more hours if you're already employed, things will seem a lot better.

param is offline  
Old
01-03-2012, 10:27 AM
  #95
Linkster
LTIR'ed off
 
Linkster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Coastal Sharkifornia
Country: United States
Posts: 5,224
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensSharksGirl View Post
I got that already! Anyhow, I need some help guys! Can you give tips for me because I am going to college and I need some tips in what to do to become successful.
Three little words: "Girls Gone Wild"

Linkster is offline  
Old
01-03-2012, 10:32 AM
  #96
SonomaShark
SJ Chokers
 
SonomaShark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Sonoma County, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,130
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacemania View Post
moderate for someone who doesn't put too much of their income into DVD's

The only TV Season series that I have is Battlestar Galactica, which I am indeed proud to own
Ditto for Galactica, but I also have the complete series of Arrested Development!

SonomaShark is offline  
Old
01-03-2012, 10:34 AM
  #97
KpopandHockey
HFBoards Sponsor
 
KpopandHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 8,584
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by param View Post
I've found better success to make friends at work instead of school. Though to be fair I've only ever done half of a semester of junior college on two separate occasions, and the place I worked at had about 150 people per shift. Hopefully when you get into the work force, or start logging in more hours if you're already employed, things will seem a lot better.
Oh, they already are. It was a rough first couple of quarters but after making a couple friends in Davis academics and happiness level have been a lot higher.

SSG I suggest you look for some kind of club or do social events asap when you get to college, don't go into college thinking you'll be fine without it like I did. I always saw myself as someone who didn't need many friends before going to college and found out the hard way that long distance friends with people back home wasn't enough to keep my spirits up.

KpopandHockey is offline  
Old
01-03-2012, 11:48 AM
  #98
skilks
This is nightmare
 
skilks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 1,050
vCash: 500
Back from a two week trip to Spain and catching up on everything Sharks via the boards. Sweet sweet convenience.

skilks is offline  
Old
01-03-2012, 12:05 PM
  #99
SensSharksGirl*
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 656
vCash: 500
Hello everyone,

Here's a clip that will make want to say: Oh My Gosh!


SensSharksGirl* is offline  
Old
01-03-2012, 10:09 PM
  #100
SactoShork
The Youth Movement
 
SactoShork's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 9,619
vCash: 50
Interesting they chose footage from the Sharks beating the Bruins for that Tim Thomas tire pumping NBC Sports Network commercial.

SactoShork is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:38 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.