HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

12/31/11 "Champagne Toast" - Canadiens VS Panthers

Closed Thread

Old
01-01-2012, 07:28 AM
Panthers are Red
Why so sad?

vCash: 500
Theo out for a couple of weeks is bad news. Hope he recovers quickly and the injury doesn't effect his game, he has been one of the most important players on the team this season. It will be interesting to see who gets more games between Markstrom and Clemmensen whilst he is out though. Was really worried when Theo got injured because of how Clemmer played against the Rangers but he came through and the win was great. Giving away that goal at the end was a bit too dramatic for my liking though. But it was great to see the commitment by all the players and especially at the end when a whole bunch of them put their bodies in the way of the puck.

I had no idea what Barch did to get thrown out but if he did say something racist then he more than deserved it.

Old
01-01-2012, 07:52 AM
Jeff Shafer
Established: 1987

Send a message via MSN to Jeff Shafer
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
Just came home...no voice left!!! First had a great time between periods with Jeff Shaffer. What a great guy.

Then after we scored, Ch goalie comes out from nowhere and joins our ole chant!!!!

Topped off by the loudest post game pantherland sendoff with a 15 foot flag thx to Van Murph and hundreds sereneding the habs back to i-95!!!
Chgoalie and his girlfriend were awesome loud!!!!
Good meeting you as well, had a nice chat about the 1st period and then they turned things around.

I was worried about traffic otherwise I would have came down for the chant. Hopefully Markstrom can pull some magic like he did the first few games he played.

Old
01-01-2012, 07:57 AM
Jeff Shafer
Established: 1987

Send a message via MSN to Jeff Shafer
I thought Weaver made a lot of key blocks last night and was one of the big reasons we were only down 1-0 in the first. Theo played well after giving up the soft goal and Clemmer played ok, other than that last 30 sec debacle.

I wasn't impressed with any of the Montreal players at all, I was expecting a little more talent. If we can survive without Theo for a few weeks we've got something special.

A toast to all Panthers fans, 2012 will bring more excitement than we've had in quite some time!

Old
01-01-2012, 08:50 AM
Tuco

Thanks Flash for getting back on the scoreboard! Just what we needed. When the first line doesn't produce, we're toast. But not today!

Old
01-01-2012, 11:30 AM
RainingRats

Theo being out is awful. I think he's the second most valuable player on this team. Not a good start to 2012. Time for some goal support for Clemmer and Markstrom.

Old
01-01-2012, 11:43 AM
Boothinator
@MrBoothinator

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Shafer View Post
I thought Weaver made a lot of key blocks last night and was one of the big reasons we were only down 1-0 in the first. Theo played well after giving up the soft goal and Clemmer played ok, other than that last 30 sec debacle.

I wasn't impressed with any of the Montreal players at all, I was expecting a little more talent. If we can survive without Theo for a few weeks we've got something special.

A toast to all Panthers fans, 2012 will bring more excitement than we've had in quite some time!
Weaver made the saves for Clemmensen in the last seconds.. Terrible goalie! Marky needs to start the games in Theos absence

Old
01-01-2012, 11:44 AM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
Theo being out is awful. I think he's the second most valuable player on this team. Not a good start to 2012. Time for some goal support for Clemmer and Markstrom.
Time for goal support from Markstrom, and backup from clemmer.

Old
01-01-2012, 12:14 PM
RainingRats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boothinator View Post
Weaver made the saves for Clemmensen in the last seconds.. Terrible goalie! Marky needs to start the games in Theos absence
You guys have unrealistic expectations for a backup goalie. It's like you all expect him to play as well as a #1. He let in one goal last night. We won. He's getting points for us. It's like expecting a third liner to produce like a first liner.

Old
01-01-2012, 12:16 PM
RainingRats

Quote:
Time for goal support from Markstrom, and backup from clemmer.
I think Markstrom is going to be great but he hasn't exactly be an All Star goalie at the AHL level. I hope we get the Markstrom that played lights out in Montreal instead of the one that got lit up in Tampa.

Old
01-01-2012, 12:32 PM
Erick

Quote:
You guys have unrealistic expectations for a backup goalie. It's like you all expect him to play as well as a #1. He let in one goal last night. We won. He's getting points for us. It's like expecting a third liner to produce like a first liner.
To be fair, backup goalie or not, a 3.03 GAA/.891 save% sucks.

He also came really close to blowing it last night. Weaver made a block, and Weiss (can we just put the C on him now?) blocked two.

The team seems to play better when Clemmensen's in net, so that's a good thing.

Old
01-01-2012, 12:45 PM
Boothinator
@MrBoothinator

Quote:
And he didnt give us a chance to win against the Rangers...And it did happen before but he was bailed out because we scored 5 goals. He barely gives us a chance when we score only 2 goals. Theodore does and Marky as well

Old
01-01-2012, 01:58 PM
Tuco

Quote:
And he didnt give us a chance to win against the Rangers...And it did happen before but he was bailed out because we scored 5 goals. He barely gives us a chance when we score only 2 goals. Theodore does and Marky as well
Too much to ask from Clemmer to stay within 2 GA. Way too much. I agree with Rats that expectations towards Clemmer are unrealistic. That's not to say I think Clemmer has played well, please don't play that record.

Old
01-01-2012, 02:22 PM
PBPantherfan
Here we go again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post

He also came really close to blowing it last night. Weaver made a block, and Weiss (can we just put the C on him now?) blocked two.

Did Weiss's last block go off of his shoulder or his helmet? Pretty much every player on the ice was trying to prevent the puck from getting to Clemmer.

Old
01-01-2012, 02:53 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
I think Markstrom is going to be great but he hasn't exactly be an All Star goalie at the AHL level. I hope we get the Markstrom that played lights out in Montreal instead of the one that got lit up in Tampa.
I think we agree on all this RR I think to my detriment im not phrasing it appropriately.

I think Clemmer Is a serviceable backup to come in for an injury and play b2b games.

If we had a workhorse 65-70 goaltender that would be perfect.

Theo needs an A1 and A2, a goalie that can play 30-35 games and thats NOT CLEMMER.

Will markstrom struggle this time around? Who knows. But I know this:
The probability that he will outperform Clemmer based on past performance is great.
And he's our future, so if we are going to struggle between the pipes I'll pay to watch him grow.

Are we that far apart?

Old
01-01-2012, 03:43 PM
Boothinator
@MrBoothinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuco View Post
Too much to ask from Clemmer to stay within 2 GA. Way too much. I agree with Rats that expectations towards Clemmer are unrealistic. That's not to say I think Clemmer has played well, please don't play that record.
Well, he can if he would limit these bad goals he gives up.. Make few saves instead then it is realistic..3 GA is fine but he often gives up way more and makes everyone nervous because of his terrible play sometimes

Old
01-01-2012, 03:49 PM
RainingRats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post

He's had a couple of really bad games statistically that have dragged his numbers down. He doesn't have a large sample yet anyway but I think the fact that we're getting points almost every single time he's in net is all that matters at this point. He's a decent backup. Bad starter, but he's not a starter so it doesn't matter.

I pretty much feel that people are expecting too much from him.

Old
01-01-2012, 03:53 PM
RainingRats

Quote:
I think we agree on all this RR I think to my detriment im not phrasing it appropriately.

I think Clemmer Is a serviceable backup to come in for an injury and play b2b games.

Theo needs an A1 and A2, a goalie that can play 30-35 games and thats NOT CLEMMER.

The probability that he will outperform Clemmer based on past performance is great.
And he's our future, so if we are going to struggle between the pipes I'll pay to watch him grow.

Are we that far apart?
Yeah, he's not a A2 guy. I agree.

Markstrom is more likely to steal a game, no doubt. I am not ready to say he is ready to pick up Theo's spot. I think Markstrom will be a cornerstone for us down the road but to declare him the starter now that Theo is out is overly optimistic.

Old
01-01-2012, 03:55 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Yeah, he's not a A2 guy. I agree.

Markstrom is more likely to steal a game, no doubt. I am not ready to say he is ready to pick up Theo's spot. I think Markstrom will be a cornerstone for us down the road but to declare him the starter now that Theo is out is overly optimistic.
Fair enough!

Old
01-01-2012, 04:13 PM
Tuco

Quote:
Well, he can if he would limit these bad goals he gives up.. Make few saves instead then it is realistic..3 GA is fine but he often gives up way more and makes everyone nervous because of his terrible play sometimes
Makes me nervous too Just hope we score more than two a game, that's my point!

Old
01-01-2012, 05:37 PM
Boothinator
@MrBoothinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuco View Post
Makes me nervous too Just hope we score more than two a game, that's my point!
I wouldnt mind that either With Goc and Sammy back soon that should help

Old
01-01-2012, 10:51 PM
CanadianPantherFan

Quote:

Are we that far apart?
Great way to put it. I don't see the harm in moving Clemmer out for a need with all these long term injuries (fringe 2nd line player or solid 3rd line option). Clemmer is not a A2 guy, Markstrom ALREADY is. If Kipper or Thomas were here, I understand Markstrom staying in the minors to get games...but we need to win games HERE this year!

Closed Thread