HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Notices

DiPietro Discussion Thread Part II (Post 746 **Placed on Waivers**)

Closed Thread

Old
10-21-2011, 12:49 AM
PhysicalGraffiti
Hates Stevie Y

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Pointed Stick View Post
I know I always feel bad for multi millionaire crybabies who don't get everything they want in life.
Oh, he's a crybaby because he wants to keep playing the game he loves? I mean, that makes perfect sense.

I mean, he should take all his advice from the fans, and not do what he loves doing.

The same fans that pick apart every single little thing he does since his injuries started, blaming him for his injuries and not quitting, and wishing he doesn't ever come back and when he does gets hurt again or fails miserably.

I hope for his own sake mostly, but also to silence the critics, he comes back better than ever. Only problem is he could go 12-0 with a sub 2 GAA, and the second he has a game where he gets blasted, the fans destroy him and call for him to quit.

Old
10-21-2011, 12:59 AM
Sammy2010*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysicalGraffiti View Post
Oh, he's a crybaby because he wants to keep playing the game he loves? I mean, that makes perfect sense.

I mean, he should take all his advice from the fans, and not do what he loves doing.

The same fans that pick apart every single little thing he does since his injuries started, blaming him for his injuries and not quitting, and wishing he doesn't ever come back and when he does gets hurt again or fails miserably.

I hope for his own sake mostly, but also to silence the critics, he comes back better than ever. Only problem is he could go 12-0 with a sub 2 GAA, and the second he has a game where he gets blasted, the fans destroy him and call for him to quit.
Maybe he should stop putting himself before the team, and call it quits. He is clearly washed up, and is just a disruption to the goalie rotation. He is also a distraction on the ice, with constant roaming. No more DP, please.

Old
10-21-2011, 01:42 AM
A Pointed Stick
No! Slp! Til Brklyn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Frost View Post
Let him start 40 games this season and we will end this discussion once and for all if he is worth it.

My bet is he wont last 15 games, so let him play until he is broken down completely!!
I used to think that too Dutch, but he looks like he will never completely break. the guy has the resiliency of the phantom of the opera, always in the background causing problems.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic Acrostic View Post
Had to add that. .....just needed to be said. Good to see that being an Islanders fan and worshiping DP aren't mutually exclusive across the board. Cheers to you, good sir.
Yes, yes I did. I'd throw a cape on the smiley face if they had one for Rick DiPietro, super contract man.
Quote:
Oh, he's a crybaby because he wants to keep playing the game he loves? I mean, that makes perfect sense. I mean, he should take all his advice from the fans, and not do what he loves doing. The same fans that pick apart every single little thing he does since his injuries started, blaming him for his injuries and not quitting, and wishing he doesn't ever come back and when he does gets hurt again or fails miserably.

He can't do that because his body and his brain farts won't let that happen. Even if miracle of miracles occurred and he healed all those, hehehe, workout overstressed joints of his, his own lack of discipline will have him unraveling after a few bad games like it always has in the past, and he will cost them points all by his lonesome. You know, I used to support the kid, now... nah-uh. He's done.

Old
11-01-2011, 11:59 AM
Islanders1932

Down Goes Brown

Does anyone read this site? The stuff is hilarious. Today's article poked fun at DiPietro.

http://www.downgoesbrown.com/

Quote:
Bettman: Well, it's too late now, so don't worry about it. Hey, check out The Mummy over here. Ambling around, exaggerated limp, wrapped head to toe in bandages. Hey pal, where'd you get such a great costume?

Rick DiPietro: Costume?

Shanahan: He, uh, just came from a practice.

DiPietro: Everything… hurts…

Old
11-01-2011, 12:28 PM
xECK29x

Oh I get it, its funny because he is hurt a lot! Sick of the same jokes about Ricks health or contract. Guess it's a good thing that there are no other jokes about the Isles.

In all seriousness though DGB is funny, I feel his Twitter content is better. His suspension flowchart was a thing of beauty.

Last edited by xECK29x: 11-01-2011 at 12:50 PM.
Old
11-01-2011, 12:32 PM
StrongIslanders90

haha wow what a clever joke.....I never heard a DP injury joke...haha that was funny

Old
12-30-2011, 08:00 PM
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
#beLIeve

Has he even started skating from his "groin pull"? I'm getting this feeling that it isn't a groin pull, but something else.

12-30-2011, 09:11 PM
islesfan3991

Send a message via Yahoo to islesfan3991
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 Min Misconduct View Post
Has he even started skating from his "groin pull"? I'm getting this feeling that it isn't a groin pull, but something else.
I think I saw on the Isles twitter page that he did some light skating in practice a few days ago. Could be wrong though.

Old
12-30-2011, 09:50 PM
OpAck

This was from earlier today...

Quote:
@NYIslanders
#Isles on the ice for practice. Haley and Pandolfo in yellow. Earlier, we said Ullstrom was on the ice, he is not. DiPietro practicing
Oddly enough, there originally was never a timeframe given (ex. 3-4 weeks, day-to-day, etc). Just "out indefinitely, no timetable for return". I recall Nabby was listed "3-4 weeks" for his groin pull. The concussed players don't seem to get "timeframes" either, but all other injuries seem to have a timeframe.

Something still strikes me a bit odd over the whole thing. DiPi was terrible the previous 2 games he started...and in the period he was injured, he was absolutely horrific. He makes what looks like a rather harmless kick save, he gets injured and is gone with no timetable. Something strikes me as odd, I dunno.

Old
12-30-2011, 11:41 PM
Bauer Warrior*

Let's see if Rick DiPietro can return to his elite form:

Old
01-01-2012, 09:38 AM
Aucoin3

I'm not trying to be a jerk but what is there really to discuss? The guy has 10 more years on his contract. He is one of the worst goalies in the NHL even when healthy and he is best friends with the owner and possibly lovers with the GM. If he retires he gives away 40 million guaranteed dollars.

Nothing to discuss he is going to be here until the team is sold.

Old
01-01-2012, 04:40 PM
Dutch Frost
Everything is Fine!!

vCash: 1130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bauer Warrior View Post
Let's see if Rick DiPietro can return to his elite form:

Just to be fair, No one could of stopped that goal!!

Old
01-01-2012, 04:52 PM
Bauer Warrior*

Quote:

Firstly, he could never go 12-0. Good goalies don't even do that. He would never have a 2 GAA or better, because too many shots go in. And finally, he sucked even before injuries. HE WAS NEVER GOOD!

Old
01-01-2012, 04:57 PM
Bauer Warrior*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Frost View Post
Just to be fair, No one could of stopped that goal!!
I could have. It was taken from a 160 degree angle. DiPietro hasn't learned a thing in the 7 3/4 years since that shot.

Old
01-01-2012, 05:07 PM
Islanderfan17

I don't hate DP, but I'd be lying if I didn't say that it has been really nice not even having to think about him.

Old
01-01-2012, 11:15 PM
bigdom1012

Dipietro and Richter

I was watchin some old videos of mike richter yesterday(i knw he was a rag but he was one of my favorite goalies growing up) and it got me thinkin about how much him and ricky were similar(except for the cup)

so when i searched on google ricky and richter and article and a video came up id like to share with u guys. after reading about mike and then reading about ricky it kinda made me feel bad about thinkin what rick must be goin through. especially after watching the video an seeing how close rick was to becoming a great goalie and how all these injuries have made us forget that 06-07 we made the playoffs BECAUSE OF HIM...dubbie may have got us in but ricky had us set up to get

it makes me wonder were we we be now had ricky never gotten hurt and he continued to grow into the elite goalie he was supposed to become

hate on him all u want but after watchin this video itll remind you haters how good he could be and how much fun it was to watch NOT TO MENTION HE ACTUALLY LOVED THIS TEAM AND OUR HOME LONG ISLAND!!

p.s. gotta feel bad for richter too such a shame to see a wonderfull career go down to soon!

article:
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ho...ticle-1.207786

video:
http://youtu.be/P3YhjrkJsJw

another article from marty b:
http://www.islanderspointblank.com/2...k-at-his-best/

Old
01-01-2012, 11:17 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
DiPietro is such an easy target, but it's hard not to feel sorry for the guy. I ALWAYS loved how competitive he is. I love that in a player (especially a goalie). The dude just wants to win. Would love to see him stay healthy for a while.

"Okay, Joel. You've had your fun. Give your brother his pads back." - Trxjw
Old
01-01-2012, 11:34 PM
Bauer Warrior*

There are NO similarities between Rick DiPietro and Mike Richter. They're both U.S. born goaltenders, but that's where it ends. Rick DiPietro was NEVER GOOD. Mike Richter, on the other hand, was good almost immediately. He was up for good in 1989-90, and was solid pretty much throughout his career.

Old
01-01-2012, 11:40 PM
bigdom1012

Quote:
There are NO similarities between Rick DiPietro and Mike Richter. They're both U.S. born goaltenders, but that's where it ends. Rick DiPietro was NEVER GOOD. Mike Richter, on the other hand, was good almost immediately. He was up for good in 1989-90, and was solid pretty much throughout his career.
umm sorry guy but check your stats mike had only two good years 94 n 96 other than those two years he never had another winning record...im old enough to remember richter play and followed him closely when i was younger so i knw better than to throw out a comparison unless i knw what im talkin about

take the cup away from mike and ranger fans wld be destroyin him the same way u guys do to rick...mike was a good goalie who lost his career to injury

p.s. to say ricky was never good is just ignorant ive followed this team since 92 and he was the closest thing we had to a franchise goalie in a long time and except for osgood he was one our best

Old
01-01-2012, 11:44 PM
Renbarg

Quote:

How quick people forget. Granted, you think Trottier was fired along with Lafontaine and Smith so your memory may be a little fuzzy. So I'll remind you.

He was an all-star (and I don't mean it in the all-star game sense) in 06-07. That team was in 6th place before his concussion up in Montreal. They were in 6th place solely based on the play of Ricky. Whatever the stats may say, he stole games night in, and night out. And unsurprisingly, the team nosedived when he was out (granted a lot of blame can be placed on a very stubborn Nolan for that little streak).

He was also brilliant in the playoffs against a very good offensive team in Buffalo. Stole the one win, but the Islanders couldn't hold em off (Sean Hill doping didn't help either). It was an onslaught all series and Ricky did all he could.

Last edited by Renbarg: 01-01-2012 at 11:54 PM.
Old
01-01-2012, 11:46 PM
Bauer Warrior*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdom1012 View Post
umm sorry guy but check your stats mike had only two good years 94 n 96 other than those two years he never had another winning record...im old enough to remember richter play and followed him closely when i was younger so i knw better than to throw out a comparison unless i knw what im talkin about

take the cup away from mike and ranger fans wld be destroyin him the same way u guys do to rick...mike was a good goalie who lost his career to injury

p.s. to say ricky was never good is just ignorant ive followed this team since 92 and he was the closest thing we had to a franchise goalie in a long time and except for osgood he was one our best
Sorry, guy, but I watched the games. The stats don't always tell the story. Mike Richter was pretty much THE reason why we didn't beat the Rangers in the first round of 1990. He let in his soft goals (there's another similarity), but he was FAR more consistent than DiPietro.

Your P.S. is a sad statement for the organization. And it's more of an indictment on how bad things have been and much less a credit to Rick DiPietro. I've been a fan since '79. So seeing Mike Richter play on a regular basis is more credible than looking at numbers on any database.

Old
01-01-2012, 11:51 PM
bigdom1012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renbarg View Post
How quick people forget. Granted, you think Trottier was fired along with Lafontaine and Smith so your memory may be a little fuzzy. So I'll remind you.

He was an all-star in 06-07. That team was in 6th place before his concussion up in Montreal. They were in 6th place solely based on the play of Ricky. Whatever the stats may say, he stole games night in, and night out. And unsurprisingly, the team nosedived when he was out (granted a lot of blame can be placed on a very stubborn Nolan for that little streak).

He was also brilliant in the playoffs against a very good offensive team in Buffalo. Stole the one win, but the Islanders couldn't hold em off (Sean Hill doping didn't help either). It was an onslaught all series and Ricky did all he could.
couldnt have said it better myself...sometimes i feel all these bandwaggon dp haters werent old enough to remember that season lol and to add to what you wrote he went on that amazing stretch in febuary were ricky played every game and only lost 2 in 06 07

i was there for alot of those games that year and ricky was the best thing to watch

Old
01-01-2012, 11:55 PM
lost35*

yea it amazes me to see this hatred for Dipietro, if DP hadn't been hurt he could have been one of the top goalies in the league

there are things I did not like about DP(his ego) but when he was healthy I was glad he was in the net because he was the best Goalie the Isles had in a very long time, perhaps one of the best, or the best

Old
01-02-2012, 12:00 AM
bigdom1012

Quote:
Sorry, guy, but I watched the games. The stats don't always tell the story. Mike Richter was pretty much THE reason why we didn't beat the Rangers in the first round of 1990. He let in his soft goals (there's another similarity), but he was FAR more consistent than DiPietro.

Your P.S. is a sad statement for the organization. And it's more of an indictment on how bad things have been and much less a credit to Rick DiPietro. I've been a fan since '79. So seeing Mike Richter play on a regular basis is more credible than looking at numbers on any database.
ive watched richter play too and idolized him growing up but in all honesty he showed his moments of greatness and couldve been an elite goalie but INJURIES ruined that for him but mike was never consistent as lets say henrik is now for the rags

as far as your argument over stats then your being hypoctical

im sorry but good stats lead to more victories and eventually a cup richter had amazing #'s in 94 and they won

after that he had losing records and bad stats and the team failed miserably with him not to mention mike had alot more talent in front of him than rick every did

reason i say your bein hypocritical is because like mike, ricky has horrible numbers but yet i saw alot of games in which ricky single handedly stole wins for the isles much like mike did for the rags, and ricky took this team to its last playoffs with a horrible team in front of him

not to mention after all those injuries thats when rickys numbers began falling hard at least mike had a good amount of seasons before injusries got to him but his play was shaky even before the injuries at times

Old
01-02-2012, 12:14 AM
Bauer Warrior*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renbarg View Post

He was an all-star (and I don't mean it in the all-star game sense) in 06-07. That team was in 6th place before his concussion up in Montreal. They were in 6th place solely based on the play of Ricky. Whatever the stats may say, he stole games night in, and night out. And unsurprisingly, the team nosedived when he was out (granted a lot of blame can be placed on a very stubborn Nolan for that little streak).

Your introduction is a completely innocuous, off-ice occurrence. But if you want to hold that against me, sobeit.

Now, it's impossible for me to give a blow-by-blow on both goaltenders, because their is too much selection in terms of isolated incidents for me to want to get into an all out argument about this.

What I can say is that Mike Richter, having seen him play for his whole career, was an extremely good goaltender. At times during his career, he was the best goaltender in the NHL. Not necessarily for a full season, but during stretches. In his prime, he was never out of the top 5.

Rick DiPietro always struggled. Even when he "played well", it was still a struggle for him. He was never consistent. During his stretches that he "played well", he would fall of the cliff and go into a funk.

In terms of #1 overall picks, Rick DiPietro is right there with Alexander Daigle.

Closed Thread