HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

Are the Bruins the toughest team?

Old
12-31-2011, 02:34 PM
cenas*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
Boston is the team that NHL GM's are hired to build. If they had been able to keep Kessel I think they could have been hands down the best team of this generation, but they really lack that sniper they can count on to score 30+ goals per year without question (I think he could put up 45+ per year playing with Krejci + Lucic). That being said, that was a salary cap issue and this is likely the best possible team that can be built under the cap.
Lets not rewrite history here.. the Bruins were far from dominant in their stanley cup victory. GM's cant rely on getting a Hasek like season out of free agent signings from Europe..

cenas* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 02:56 PM
TheNorthFace
Mo and Willy

Yes, undebatable.

TheNorthFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 11:08 PM
KOHitter87

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
Yes.

Boston is the toughest team mentally and physically. With a captain like Chara and guys like Lucic, Horton, Thornton, Campbell, Paille, etc. they're not going to get pushed around too often. Boston is the team that NHL GM's are hired to build. If they had been able to keep Kessel I think they could have been hands down the best team of this generation, but they really lack that sniper they can count on to score 30+ goals per year without question (I think he could put up 45+ per year playing with Krejci + Lucic). That being said, that was a salary cap issue and this is likely the best possible team that can be built under the cap.
I think your forgetting their Franchise player.

KOHitter87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 11:50 PM
Sunking278

I'd love to say the toughest team is my Red Wings, but living here in Boston and following the league to the extent that I do ... yes, I think Boston is the NHL's toughest team. Big props to them!

Sunking278 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 12:17 AM
Pay Carl
don't lose touch

Their tough guys arent even firing on full cylinder yet which has gotta be scariest.

McQ has only had two fights so far, but boy can he whoop ass. No one even wants to fight him he is that scary. Lucic not as physical as he is capable of also. If these two get going at full power then Lord have mercy.

Pay Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 01:13 AM

They are the best team in the NHL right now. Offense, defense, goatlending, toughness.. they have it all and that's why they have so much success. Chiarelli has built a nice balanced team, a team that a lot of GMs could not even assemble in the old NHL with no salary cap.

I hate to say this but if I was never a Habs fan and I was a new NHL fan that had to pick a team to cheer for, I would probably pick the Bruins.

68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 02:51 AM
monkeywrench

vCash: 50
By far!
Just ask Vancouver and every other team they beat up on in the playoffs last year.

monkeywrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 06:47 AM
BlackNgold 84
Known Kellyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by wKetch22 View Post
Their tough guys arent even firing on full cylinder yet which has gotta be scariest.

McQ has only had two fights so far, but boy can he whoop ass. No one even wants to fight him he is that scary. Lucic not as physical as he is capable of also. If these two get going at full power then Lord have mercy.
Thats what is scary to me.. They don't need to scare ya with the goons theres always a threat of violence if you want to engage in that **** against the bruins. And every team knows they'll answer the bell.

BlackNgold 84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 08:24 AM
Peter The Great

Perhaps they are but I just can't stand a guy like Lucic, I prefer sportmanship.

A new final between Vancouver and Boston would extremely fun and interesting.

I think the Sharks match the Bruins quite well physically?

21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 10:36 AM
sanityplease

Team game is definitely focused on toughness, so yes.

Hm to Ottawa, they don't get pushed around by anyone anymore with regulars like: Carkner,Neil,Konopka,Smith,Cowen, + gritty players like Greening, Foligno, even Michalek & Kuba are 225+lbs, Phillips 220+ etc.

Actually love to see a Bos, Ott playoff series, would be an oldtime bruiser series for sure.

sanityplease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 10:50 AM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

As a Habs fan it kills me to say this, they're easily the toughest from top to bottom, but more importantly, these Bruins are about as well rounded a team as you're going to find. The only other team that I think may be better is Chicago, but they don't have Thomas.

loudi94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 09:06 PM
JEROBOAM*

They're a tough team because of one thing:

Their team play.

It absolutely mystified me how last year's SCF victory was chalked up to intimidation when they won it playing good, three zone hockey, having active sticks, and forechecking relentlessly. But their moron fanbase immediately spun it as being a victory of aggression and muscle when it had little, if anything to do with it.

The problem is that Boston fans crafted an image of their team several years ago as a tough, rugged, band of fighters who would punish other teams physically. In reality, they're a group of disciplined forecheckers who are absolutely at their worst when they resort to goon tactics, stupid fights, and "intimidation" as they did at the beginning of the year.

This is why I have long believed that hockey has the dumbest fans. The Bruins won a Cup playing a specific style of hockey and their idiot fans spun it as something totally different (and continue to) and the rest of the league buys it.

JEROBOAM* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 11:08 PM
westernhome

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEROBOAM View Post

This is why I have long believed that hockey has the dumbest fans. The Bruins won a Cup playing a specific style of hockey and their idiot fans spun it as something totally different (and continue to) and the rest of the league buys it.
well, since you are calling the Bruins fans "idiots" for thinking that the Bruins won the cup with toughness, for the sake of completeness, you should also mention the Vancouver media and many Canuck fans (as can be evidenced by many call in radio shows and letters to the editor) that still say that the Bruins only won because of being a "goon" team

but I do agree with your point, that the Bruins won the cup because of being an overall team, toughness, and skilled team play all played a part

westernhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 02:46 AM
PJ StockBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEROBOAM View Post
They're a tough team because of one thing:

Their team play.

It absolutely mystified me how last year's SCF victory was chalked up to intimidation when they won it playing good, three zone hockey, having active sticks, and forechecking relentlessly. But their moron fanbase immediately spun it as being a victory of aggression and muscle when it had little, if anything to do with it.

The problem is that Boston fans crafted an image of their team several years ago as a tough, rugged, band of fighters who would punish other teams physically. In reality, they're a group of disciplined forecheckers who are absolutely at their worst when they resort to goon tactics, stupid fights, and "intimidation" as they did at the beginning of the year.

our moron fanbase spun it that way? nice to know you weren't paying very close attention. try every other fanbase spun it that way. literally everyone else tried to discredit the Bruins team and their talent by calling them a goon squad and claiming they only won because they "gooned it up". Bruins fans all knew that we had a very good team from top to bottom that played a complete game in all 3 zones. but it obviously isn't to hard to tell, if you watched the Bruins, that they are a tough team and they do use their team toughness to their advantage. it's not what makes them such a good team, but it is a part of their identity.

also they are at their worse when they get frustrated and try to fight at the wrong times and take stupid penalties, when they channel their physical play and don't cross the line they are at their best.

you should really know what you're talking about before you label an entire fanbase as morons, especially when you don't know what you're talking about

PJ StockBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 10:20 AM
Sheppy

When your first line winger can step up and fight guys like Orr, Carkner, Ivanans, etc you've got yourself some toughness. Not saying Lucic wins them, but he defenitely doesn't get destroyed.

Sheppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 02:34 PM
pigeonsonpopcorn

There is always somebody on the ice for the Bruins who will fight. Either on a forward line or on D. What other team can roll 4 lines and ALWAYS have Protection for their skilled players?

pigeonsonpopcorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 02:50 PM
BIG BAD BRUINS

Hands down without a doubt

BIG BAD BRUINS is offline   Reply With Quote