HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Visiting Fan's Guide to Nashville & other local areas & Parking Updates

Old
12-29-2011, 06:53 AM
RayP

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
Well we have now sold out 5 straight games and if last years any indication, after football season is over we sell out frequently. All weekend games will likely sell out. I would buy in advance, especially with that many of you all going. Ticketmaster, stubhub, are your best bet. No gaurentee's with a scalper. You might be able to buy at the box office the morning of the game. At 10am, they sell like 100 tickets for $10 a piece. Usually sold out very quick and there's a good line to wait. I don't think your seats would be together though, I believe they are single seats. Good luck.

Also, usually saturday nights are McDonald's family 4 pack nights. 4 tickets, 4 hot dogs, and 4 sodas for $99.
StubHub seems like the most realistic option at this point, without splitting up the group... and they have decently priced tickets, it's just I don't believe they come with any of the promos that we were looking to take advantage of... and yeah, definitely will have tickets in hand before going, that's for sure.

Tried that, those are sold out, well through Preds site at least. Not sure where else I could find those if anywhere.

Thanks

RayP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 12:24 AM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
Sweet, thanks for the response. Checked out the Alexis one, and might be exactly what we're looking for. Just somewhere to crash. No need for anything fancy, as I don't really plan on spending anytime at all in the room other than when I'm sleeping.

And just to confirm, no issues with this area? I've heard Nashville has some real nasty parts, but not sure how nasty they really are or how carefule we'll have to be. Plus it's not like we'll be roaming those streets or anything or looking for trouble. I don't care if someone tries to break into my car or anything, I have insurance to cover that... I just want to make sure I don't have to worry about getting stabbed or someone breaking into my room haha.

Hard to beat splitting up $150 4 ways for two nights haah.
While I can't 100% assure you that you will not be stabbed, I have worked in that general area for 14 years now and lived in it for 25 years and I would say it's highly unlikely. It's a decent part of town. Alexis is sort of in between a nice business park and a more industrial area, with a couple of neighborhoods thrown in. It's middle middle class. You'll be fine.

Adz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 08:03 AM
RayP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adz View Post
While I can't 100% assure you that you will not be stabbed, I have worked in that general area for 14 years now and lived in it for 25 years and I would say it's highly unlikely. It's a decent part of town. Alexis is sort of in between a nice business park and a more industrial area, with a couple of neighborhoods thrown in. It's middle middle class. You'll be fine.
Gotcha... and thanks. I'm personally not worried about it myself, as I grew up in a NASTY area on the southside of Chicago. I'd be surprised if Nashville even had any areas as bad as where I was for a while when younger. We're just going with a few people that I don't want to listen to in *****ing about the area.

We did end up on going to the Hyatt in the same area. Got a great deal on it, and the rooms like extremely nice.

Old
12-30-2011, 08:12 AM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Gotcha... and thanks. I'm personally not worried about it myself, as I grew up in a NASTY area on the southside of Chicago. I'd be surprised if Nashville even had any areas as bad as where I was for a while when younger. We're just going with a few people that I don't want to listen to in *****ing about the area.

We did end up on going to the Hyatt in the same area. Got a great deal on it, and the rooms like extremely nice.
Just don't go across the river around where LP field is (i.e. "East Nashville"). The actual downtown area of Nashville and most other parts is generally safe

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 09:13 AM
RayP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
Just don't go across the river around where LP field is (i.e. "East Nashville"). The actual downtown area of Nashville and most other parts is generally safe
Gotcha... not like we'll be hanging out where the hotel is anyway, and I'm surprised by how nice it is.

Any suggestions on getting tix from a seller other than ticketmaster?

Old
12-31-2011, 03:31 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

Quote:

That's even better. It's within walking distance to lots of restaurants (all the fast foods, and a couple of fern bars), and also right next to the interstate. Darfon's is a locally owned fern bar restaurant you might want to try. Ellendales is located in an old house and has very good offerings. And of course there's a Ruby Tuesday and Shoney's.

No, it's nothing like the south side of Chicago. Got lost there once...people glared at us so we got out of there ASAP! You probably won't get any looks at all unless you wear a 10 gallon hat or a 100% polyester outfit with cowboy boots. That's how we sniff out the tourists. ;-)

Old
01-01-2012, 02:04 PM
RayP

Quote:
That's even better. It's within walking distance to lots of restaurants (all the fast foods, and a couple of fern bars), and also right next to the interstate. Darfon's is a locally owned fern bar restaurant you might want to try. Ellendales is located in an old house and has very good offerings. And of course there's a Ruby Tuesday and Shoney's.

No, it's nothing like the south side of Chicago. Got lost there once...people glared at us so we got out of there ASAP! You probably won't get any looks at all unless you wear a 10 gallon hat or a 100% polyester outfit with cowboy boots. That's how we sniff out the tourists. ;-)
Actually, when a couple months ago I did some research on places to go, and the fern bar was near the to of the list. Don't recall seeing Ellendales, though, so will have to check that one out.

Haha, I bet... Good to know.

I'm not sure we are on the same page about which Hyatt, though. This is specifically the one I was talking about, and on GMaps, it didn't look like there were a lot of places walking distance.

http://nashvilleairport.place.hyatt....lace/index.jsp

Old
01-01-2012, 11:22 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

It's the same one. The map on the website is somewhat misleading. The Royal Parkway leg that it's on is short. If you go up to where it intersects with Donelson Pike, there are a lot of fast food restaurants, Shoney's is across the street and Ruby Tuesday's is a little way to the right. You may want to drive, but we're talking a very very short distance.

Ellendale's is on Old Elm Hill Pike, in an old house up on a hill. Probably a half mile to a mile from the hotel. It has a really good "family style" Sunday brunch which I like because it's really good food and the price is reasonable. They grow much of their herbs and vegetables in a garden at the side of the house and like to use locally grown items as much as possible. http://www.ellendales.com/home/

Oh, and if you want the best fish and chips this side of the Atlantic, go to McNamara's down in Donelson. http://www.mcnamarasirishpub.com/ I have never been disappointed there.

Last edited by Adz: 01-01-2012 at 11:30 PM. Reason: Add websites
Old
01-01-2012, 11:32 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Damn that Music City center looks good.

BigFatCat999 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 11:34 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

Isn't it gorgeous? Between it, the arena, the Hall of Fame and the Schermerhorn Symphony Center, that area is going to be the showpiece of Nashville. I can't wait.

Old
01-02-2012, 06:51 AM
RayP

Quote:
It's the same one. The map on the website is somewhat misleading. The Royal Parkway leg that it's on is short. If you go up to where it intersects with Donelson Pike, there are a lot of fast food restaurants, Shoney's is across the street and Ruby Tuesday's is a little way to the right. You may want to drive, but we're talking a very very short distance.

Ellendale's is on Old Elm Hill Pike, in an old house up on a hill. Probably a half mile to a mile from the hotel. It has a really good "family style" Sunday brunch which I like because it's really good food and the price is reasonable. They grow much of their herbs and vegetables in a garden at the side of the house and like to use locally grown items as much as possible. http://www.ellendales.com/home/

Oh, and if you want the best fish and chips this side of the Atlantic, go to McNamara's down in Donelson. http://www.mcnamarasirishpub.com/ I have never been disappointed there.

Well that's kickass, even more excited about that spot then!

The lady and I saw a restaurant like that on Food Network, but didn't know what it was called. Once I tell the lady that "I" found that place we didn't know the name of, I'll definitely be getting something.

Never really been a big fish and chips fan to be honest, they have anything else worth checking out or should I avoid that spot since I'm not a fan?

Old
01-02-2012, 12:39 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

Quote:
Well that's kickass, even more excited about that spot then!

The lady and I saw a restaurant like that on Food Network, but didn't know what it was called. Once I tell the lady that "I" found that place we didn't know the name of, I'll definitely be getting something.

Never really been a big fish and chips fan to be honest, they have anything else worth checking out or should I avoid that spot since I'm not a fan?
If you saw something on Food Network, it was one of only a handful of places-Prince's Chicken (although that may have been another show), Razz was on the best thing I ate, there was a BBQ shack on Nolensville-Martins and a Italian Place-Savarinos. I know Pancake Pantry has been on either travel or FN too.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 01:28 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

I'm not really a big Pancake Pantry fan. I know, it's an institution...but I was unimpressed.

McNamara's--even if you're not a fish and chips fan now, you will be. It's THAT good. ;-) But they have other stuff, too. Steak and Biscuits, Shepherd's Pie...and it's authentic.

The lady would probably LOVE Ellendale's. It has man food and woman food, but the presentation is definitely woman food.

Old
01-03-2012, 10:58 AM
RayP

Quote:
I'm not really a big Pancake Pantry fan. I know, it's an institution...but I was unimpressed.

McNamara's--even if you're not a fish and chips fan now, you will be. It's THAT good. ;-) But they have other stuff, too. Steak and Biscuits, Shepherd's Pie...and it's authentic.

The lady would probably LOVE Ellendale's. It has man food and woman food, but the presentation is definitely woman food.
I will definitely have to check it out then, and as long as they have beer, I can get by. Never had steak and biscuits, but that sounds good.

Yeah, she's been pushing to go there. Would it be a pain trying to get a table there on a Friday night? Really don't want to waste time sitting and waiting for a table, unless we could at least have some drinks while waiting...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
If you saw something on Food Network, it was one of only a handful of places-Prince's Chicken (although that may have been another show), Razz was on the best thing I ate, there was a BBQ shack on Nolensville-Martins and a Italian Place-Savarinos. I know Pancake Pantry has been on either travel or FN too.
Gotcha... an thanks as well.

Old
01-03-2012, 11:23 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

Not sure which place you mean. Ellendale's--probably a good idea to call ahead and make reservations if you don't want to wait...but it's quite possible you won't have to. Most times I've been there it was a huge group and we did make reservations...but for a couple, really don't know. They do have a bar.

McNamara's may have a bit of a wait on a Friday, but again there will be a bar and plenty of beer.

Old
01-04-2012, 02:38 PM
RayP

Quote:
Not sure which place you mean. Ellendale's--probably a good idea to call ahead and make reservations if you don't want to wait...but it's quite possible you won't have to. Most times I've been there it was a huge group and we did make reservations...but for a couple, really don't know. They do have a bar.

McNamara's may have a bit of a wait on a Friday, but again there will be a bar and plenty of beer.
Yeah, Ellendales was the place I was wondering about for reservations. It would onl be 3 of us at that point as everyoen else is coming from further distances and leaving a bit later.

Not worried about a wait at McNamara's, if there is one... since it's more of a bar place anyway. I'd be fine with shooting darts and just drinking, and maybe snagging a table later.

Old
01-06-2012, 10:45 AM
RayP

So how is section 332, row M? The view from some 3D seat viewer site looks pretty good, right on the corner of the dot.

Old
01-06-2012, 12:50 PM
RayP

Also, anyone know anything on this area? I know the hotel is a piece of ****, and don't care about that... just need a place to crash, but saw it's only $60/nt and walking distance (1.4 miles) from the stadium. Not looking for anything other than a bed, just want to make sure I won't get stabbed or whatever while I'm sleeping.

http://travelb.priceline.com/hotel/h...03754&plf=PCLN

Old
01-06-2012, 01:35 PM
RayP

Quote:
Also, anyone know anything on this area? I know the hotel is a piece of ****, and don't care about that... just need a place to crash, but saw it's only $60/nt and walking distance (1.4 miles) from the stadium. Not looking for anything other than a bed, just want to make sure I won't get stabbed or whatever while I'm sleeping.

http://travelb.priceline.com/hotel/h...03754&plf=PCLN
**** it, went ahead and booked it anyway. If it's that bad we can take a cap a mile each way.

Thanks for the help guys, and can't wait to see my Hawks kick the tar out of the Preds!

Old
01-06-2012, 02:31 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

Sorry, just got on the boards and saw this. It's in a rougher section of town but it's probably okay. Just keep your eyes open. It will be a bit of a walk to the arena. It's across the river.

332 is in the corner. It'll be fine for the view. Not sure exactly how far up M is off the ice on that end. I'm thinking it's pretty high but maybe someone else can confirm that.

We'll see about the last sentiment.

Old
01-06-2012, 05:41 PM
RayP

Quote:
Sorry, just got on the boards and saw this. It's in a rougher section of town but it's probably okay. Just keep your eyes open. It will be a bit of a walk to the arena. It's across the river.

332 is in the corner. It'll be fine for the view. Not sure exactly how far up M is off the ice on that end. I'm thinking it's pretty high but maybe someone else can confirm that.

We'll see about the last sentiment.
Figured it would be given the price of the hotel, but that's ok. Would you suggest a specific route? Google Maps has us basically walking literally passed LP by going 1st to Russell. Not really worried about the distance, it's about a mile and a half and Google says about 30 minutes. We're all from Chicago and used to walking long distances at a time from living in the city. Even if it is bad, a cab ride would be minimal anyway.

Yeah, we'll be pretty high up, but no biggie. More so curious if anything will obstruct our view...?

Old
01-06-2012, 10:50 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

Quote:
Figured it would be given the price of the hotel, but that's ok. Would you suggest a specific route? Google Maps has us basically walking literally passed LP by going 1st to Russell. Not really worried about the distance, it's about a mile and a half and Google says about 30 minutes. We're all from Chicago and used to walking long distances at a time from living in the city. Even if it is bad, a cab ride would be minimal anyway.

Yeah, we'll be pretty high up, but no biggie. More so curious if anything will obstruct our view...?
No obstructions that I'm aware of.

I'm guessing this is the Ramada. (Your link just goes to Priceline)

Looking at your map, unless someone is aware of blockades of some sort, I'd go diagonally across the LP Field parking lot toward Victory and Shelby, then go toward 1st. The "Sparkman Street Bridge" is a pedestrian bridge that ends up right next to the Pinnacle Building on 3rd and it's a very short walk across Symphony Place and through the Hilton parking lot to the arena.

Old
01-07-2012, 12:36 PM
RayP

Quote:
No obstructions that I'm aware of.

I'm guessing this is the Ramada. (Your link just goes to Priceline)

Looking at your map, unless someone is aware of blockades of some sort, I'd go diagonally across the LP Field parking lot toward Victory and Shelby, then go toward 1st. The "Sparkman Street Bridge" is a pedestrian bridge that ends up right next to the Pinnacle Building on 3rd and it's a very short walk across Symphony Place and through the Hilton parking lot to the arena.
Sweet.

Actually it's the Days Inn lol, even worse.

Awesome, sounds great!

http://www.daysinn.com/hotels/tennes...hotel-overview

Old
01-07-2012, 12:45 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

You need to take a cab. That's pretty far away for walking, but it won't cost you much. You could also drive to LP Field, park there for free in the designated lot, and walk across the pedestrian bridge.

Old
01-07-2012, 01:08 PM
RayP

Quote:
You need to take a cab. That's pretty far away for walking, but it won't cost you much. You could also drive to LP Field, park there for free in the designated lot, and walk across the pedestrian bridge.
Someone had mentioned the Blue Circuit MTA... There a stop we could hop on near the hotel?

If we can't do that, will probably cab it back at night, but we are accustomed to walking miles at a time, so would definitely walk there especially to get some local sites for better or worse.