HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Injury Talk 3.0: Gionta out indefinitely (bicep tear)

Closed Thread

Old
01-02-2012, 10:01 AM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
lol, classic, heard this a thousand times over the years. 'Support this team no matter what or you aren't a real fan'.
This.

WTF is up with this flawed logic?

Old
01-02-2012, 10:04 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29dryden29 View Post
Actually it is a die hard fan that demands and expects more than mediocrity year in and year out.
That's just a needy and spoiled fan.

Old
01-02-2012, 10:11 AM
29dryden29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
That's just a needy and spoiled fan.
We refer to it as being a demanding fan. I am sick of just squeeking into the playoffs and just getting by year in and year out. I miss the days when ownership and management actually cared about the product on the ice and winning championships. I feel like we have been stuck with Harold Ballard 2.0 and lets just thow **** on the ice our fans will still pay to see them regardless.

Old
01-02-2012, 10:13 AM
Beendair Donedat

Bull ****. If the Habs are charging top dollar (which they are) for their games, than they OWE the fans that are supporting their product a top notch team. That's the bargain. This collection of gutless wonders that wear the proud CH on the front, are a poor reflection of Habs management and their dedication to the fans that pay their wages.

Old
01-02-2012, 10:16 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

They owe the fans nothing. If you don't want to pay to see the team play, then don't.

Old
01-02-2012, 10:22 AM
x74Pacioretty74x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
lol, classic, heard this a thousand times over the years. 'Support this team no matter what or you aren't a real fan'.
I didn't say no matter what, I said not to call out every single move the organization makes, which he had been doing

Old
01-02-2012, 10:28 AM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

So Subban and Pleks almost fight at practice today? Lol seems like the team's practices are more entertaining than their games..

Old
01-02-2012, 10:30 AM
HankyZetts
Twi2ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pernell Karl View Post
So Subban and Pleks almost fight at practice today? Lol seems like the team's practices are more entertaining than their games..
I understood that as being the incident from earlier in the year. Or was it last year? Not sure, but don't think it was today.

Old
01-02-2012, 10:30 AM
Beendair Donedat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
They owe the fans nothing. If you don't want to pay to see the team play, then don't.
Great logic. That's worked well for teams like the Kansas City Scouts, Atlanta Thrashers and soon the Phoenix Coyotes.

Are you serious with that comment? Because sarcasm doesn't always translate well on the internet.

Old
01-02-2012, 10:33 AM
Subban76

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29dryden29 View Post
I have been watching since the 60s so I have seen some amazing tems and what I see now makes me scream no heart no desire and a laclustre attitude. Guys used to love to don the CH now guys don't want to come here. We need to get back to fostering that love to play in a HABS jersey again and that starts from the top and goes on down.
Ate to brake it to you, but welcome to the 21st century. Players are making millions now and kids these days have a completely different mindset and way of thinking vs. 70's.

Kids are no longuer loyal to organizations, they care about themselves and this won't change. It's not necessarly a bad thing, it's just different. Organizations and older people in management positions have to adapt and adjust to this new reality.

It's better that you adjust yourself to because you'll be screaming at that TV until you die.

Old
01-02-2012, 10:37 AM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beendair Donedat View Post
Great logic. That's worked well for teams like the Kansas City Scouts, Atlanta Thrashers and soon the Phoenix Coyotes.

Are you serious with that comment? Because sarcasm doesn't always translate well on the internet.
I completely understand your feeling, but I do agree with Tricolore. Technically, they do not OWE us anything. They just have to make us BELIEVE they owe us something which is what the habs are not doing and havent done in a long time.

Old
01-02-2012, 10:41 AM
Bill McNeal

Quote:

If people are willing to spend money on something they don't enjoy, why do the Habs owe these people more?

Old
01-02-2012, 10:51 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

Quote:

100% serious, yes.

Old
01-02-2012, 11:10 AM
x74Pacioretty74x

Itll be interesting to see the injury updates during PG Presser at 1230. Looking forward to it.

Old
01-02-2012, 11:10 AM
TheWhiteIdea

Where is Ryan White?

Old
01-02-2012, 11:14 AM
Subban76

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWhiteIdea View Post
Where is Ryan White?
Practicing on 2nd rink with Gionta, no contact. They say he will go to Hamilton for a few games first when ready to play.

Old
01-02-2012, 11:27 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Bull ****. If the Habs are charging top dollar (which they are) for their games, than they OWE the fans that are supporting their product a top notch team. That's the bargain. This collection of gutless wonders that wear the proud CH on the front, are a poor reflection of Habs management and their dedication to the fans that pay their wages.
Don't pay if you aren't entertained. They don't owe you crap.

Old
01-02-2012, 11:56 AM
ClasslessGuy

Markov is not expected to play before the all star break confirmed again by Gauthier

Old
01-02-2012, 11:57 AM
Fel 96
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Gauthier just said Markov won't be back by the ASG break at least.

Last edited by Fel 96: 01-02-2012 at 12:03 PM.
Old
01-02-2012, 12:28 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClasslessGuy View Post
Markov is not expected to play before the all star break confirmed again by Gauthier
He's supposed to meet with Dr Andrews to get the green light to get back skating I guess. Seems like a long layoff after arthroscopic surgery.

Old
01-02-2012, 12:45 PM
dutchy29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
100% serious, yes.
I wouldn't be proud of that.

Old
01-02-2012, 12:48 PM
Crimson Skorpion

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClasslessGuy View Post
Shocker.

$5.75 million well spent this year. Hopefully when he finally is ready to play, he sticks around for more than 10 games. Guy can definitely bring it and his compete level is among the best on the Habs defensive core, but that knee really needs to start holding up more.

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Old
01-02-2012, 12:53 PM
donghabs98

vCash: 519
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
Shocker.

$5.75 million well spent this year. Hopefully when he finally is ready to play, he sticks around for more than 10 games. Guy can definitely bring it and his compete level is among the best on the Habs defensive core, but that knee really needs to start holding up more.
best signing on the year so far
markov has the skill to work magic too bad that knee keeps holding him back

2:33 that is a pretty good pass

Old
01-02-2012, 01:04 PM
RandR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Don't pay if you aren't entertained. They don't owe you crap.
Off-topic but...

If you buy a $50-plus ticket to see a concert at the Bell Centre you expect to see a show of some minimum level of quality. If, for example, the band/performer shows up late, shows little interest and plays like crap, you'd be within your rights to complain and so would everybody else attending.

I don't see why paying to watch the local professional sports team at the Bell Centre is any different. Fans do have a right to expect a minimal level of quality for paying premium prices for tickets. From the team side of the equation, this means that the team does owe its fans something in exchange for the premium price that they are charging those fans to attend their games.

The Canadiens have the luxury of having a huge and die-hard fan base; to keep that they are indeed obligated to do their best to put out a product worthy of the $2 million that the club earns in revenue from each home game.

I agree with what you are implying from the perspective of fans though. If fans aren't satisfied with what they are seeing on the ice then they should indeed stop buying tickets and merchandise.

Old
01-02-2012, 01:09 PM
haburger

Quote:

i believe he is serious.and he is also right.it goes for anything in life,,if you dont like it then GET OUT!personally i support the team no matter what and i m tired of all the whining and complaining year after year.so go do sumthin else bro.we dont need flaky fans who bail when things dont go right.

Closed Thread