HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-12 All Purpose Kings Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread II

Closed Thread

Old
12-31-2011, 11:42 AM
SuperAlmeida

vCash: 500
We can't trade our first round pick this year. Then we have no picks in the first two rounds. I would trade Stoll for Stafford.

Old
12-31-2011, 11:59 AM
DontgoZiggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperAlmeida View Post
We can't trade our first round pick this year. Then we have no picks in the first two rounds. I would trade Stoll for Stafford.
Would the Sabres? How about trying to pry Horton from the Bruins.

Old
12-31-2011, 12:35 PM
Scottkmlps

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontgoZiggy View Post
Would the Sabres? How about trying to pry Horton from the Bruins.
Good luck.

Old
12-31-2011, 12:56 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

looks like Columbus is pretty much on the verge of having a fire sale of everyone.

http://www.bluejacketsxtra.com/conte...n-finally.html

I think the cost might be too steep on someone like Carter or Umberger. (I think Umberger would be the next frustrating coming of someone like Jarret Stoll. Same with Vermette.)

I'd really consider what it costs to grab Nash (likely one or more of Brown, Johnson, Bernier +)

or a few other guys

mainly Dorsett and Brassard. I'd really be interested in Brassard. I think he is pretty much what we all want Trevor Lewis to be. He is a damn good playmaker from what I have seen but he has no one to give the puck to in the mired secondary scoring role he is in in Columbus. He has played wing before...I think if you put him on a line with our top 6 it might work out.

Old
12-31-2011, 01:48 PM
Moses Doughty
LA's offense offends

I could see interest from LA in Prospal too. Top 6 winger and their leading scorer. But that is assuming Carter, Nash, and Umberger are not going to be in LA

Old
12-31-2011, 01:57 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
A guy whose only scored 20 goals twice in his entire career?

I'm OK with Ruutu as 2nd/3rd line RW, but he's not someone you can depend on for offense.
But he is all Finnish!

Old
12-31-2011, 05:29 PM
johnjm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses Doughty View Post
I could see interest from LA in Prospal too. Top 6 winger and their leading scorer. But that is assuming Carter, Nash, and Umberger are not going to be in LA
Prospal is underrated.

Old
12-31-2011, 05:42 PM
Moses Doughty
LA's offense offends

Quote:
Prospal is underrated.
Id love to see Prospal on a line with Kopi

Old
12-31-2011, 07:25 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Prospal is underrated.
Too old. 37 years young.

People are complaining so much about stop gaps....Prospal would be just that. We need a young wing that we can develop or a prime aged winger who already has had proven success.

Old
12-31-2011, 07:29 PM
sjmay*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
Too old. 37 years young.

People are complaining so much about stop gaps....Prospal would be just that. We need a young wing that we can develop or a prime aged winger who already has had proven success.
Who though,

Go through the rosters of the NHL teams, and think of their situation, and REALISTICALLY, not much is there...

Unless you want to overpay,

We may be at that stage where we can overpay and SHOULD overpay, but for who?

As it stands, we have 4 30+ goal scorers, or former 30+ goal scorers who together can't spell offense,

Why does everyone think bringing in another one is going to solve the problem?

Old
01-01-2012, 11:20 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

I wanna throw out a scenario and get your guys thoughts. At this point, it appears that Quick is the long-term #1 Goaltender. So lets say he signs long-term after July 1st, do you immediately trade Bernier in this coming off-season? Or do you keep him until he hits RFA status knowing that he is probably as good or better than any veteran backup you can get for slightly cheaper? Then trade him when he hits RFA status.

Old
01-01-2012, 11:56 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post
I wanna throw out a scenario and get your guys thoughts. At this point, it appears that Quick is the long-term #1 Goaltender. So lets say he signs long-term after July 1st, do you immediately trade Bernier in this coming off-season? Or do you keep him until he hits RFA status knowing that he is probably as good or better than any veteran backup you can get for slightly cheaper? Then trade him when he hits RFA status.
I think this question would have to wait until after playoffs. If Quick is merely average again this playoffs, you keep Bernier and once again go with the tandem, seeing if Bernier will emerge and as emergency for Quick struggling. If Quick steps up and plays great, you can afford get rid of Bernier (assuming they can get some value for him) and get a reliable C.Mason/Hedberg type backup behind Quick for next year. IMO.

And to answer kingsdarkness, no there is no way realistic way for LA or anybody to get Kane out of WPG right now. They are in the hunt and he is leading the offense.

Old
01-02-2012, 12:06 AM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Well imo you hold on to him till you get the right deal. Id say a young top 6 winger ( like connely not saying him but someone like him ) and a pick 2nd or 1st. No sence trading him for less when like u said we would be hard pressed to get someone better or as good for the same price.

Old
01-02-2012, 12:31 AM
KingLB

Not to mention, Bernier should be kept around till Quick has signed that extension as well.

Old
01-02-2012, 05:31 AM
markisonfire

Does anyone think Toffoli will make the team next year in a top-six role?

Old
01-02-2012, 07:04 AM
BigBrown
They did it again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by markisonfire View Post
I doubt it. Let him do something first that Azevedo, Kozun and Vey have yet to do and that is be a prolific scorer at the AHL level after lighting the Junior leagues up.

He does show promise but I definitely think that not making the Canadian World Junior squad is telling us that there is still some work needed to his all round game.

Old
01-02-2012, 10:43 AM
funky

Quote:
Originally Posted by markisonfire View Post
I wouldn't hold a lot of hope up for Toffoli to make the team at any time. A smaller prospect who has a problem getting up and down the ice due to skating issues according to guys on the world jr forums.

If he can't make the jr team I highly doubt he will make the NHL team if his skating is that much of an issue at this point.

Old
01-02-2012, 11:42 AM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by funky View Post
I wouldn't hold a lot of hope up for Toffoli to make the team at any time. A smaller prospect who has a problem getting up and down the ice due to skating issues according to guys on the world jr forums.

If he can't make the jr team I highly doubt he will make the NHL team if his skating is that much of an issue at this point.
A lot of people on the WJC board said he didn't make the team because picking these teams in North America is largely political. Like in the U.S. if you don't play in the NCAA or NTDP, with a few exceptions(Campbell and Etem), you're not making the team.

Old
01-02-2012, 12:03 PM
Duc620

Quote:
....if his skating is that much of an issue at this point.
I remember when Luc Robitaille, Brett Hull, and Phil Kessel couldn't or wouldn't get up and down the ice - not to mention Phil Esposito.

Old
01-02-2012, 12:09 PM
Ollie Weeks

Quote:

Two wingers, Connelly and somebody else, were also sent back from the NHL, which kind of screwed him out of a spot. I think Toffoli makes it without that factor. Doesn't really bother me either way, I still think he's going to be something special.

Old
01-02-2012, 12:14 PM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
A lot of people on the WJC board said he didn't make the team because picking these teams in North America is largely political. Like in the U.S. if you don't play in the NCAA or NTDP, with a few exceptions(Campbell and Etem), you're not making the team.
Both Etem and Campbell were on the Under-18 National team before they went to Juniors, so yes your point about it being political still applies just with 100% accuracy now
But yeah Canada is even more political than the US is with all of the juniors people and money that is involved.

Old
01-02-2012, 12:32 PM
jimmy1100

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermask48 View Post
Both Etem and Campbell were on the Under-18 National team before they went to Juniors, so yes your point about it being political still applies just with 100% accuracy now
But yeah Canada is even more political than the US is with all of the juniors people and money that is involved.
Also remember that Toffoli would've made that team until 2 players currently in the NHL got permission to join Canada for the tourney. (Smith-Pelley was one, not sure on the other)

When that happened, the only spot left was for the 13th forward. Considering Smith-Pelley broke his ankle, I'm sure Canada would love to have Toffoli now.

Regardless, Toffoli being in the NHL next year depends on two things - training camp and the AHL. If he blows up in camp OR is he has no problem scoring at the AHL level, then we'll see him next year (whether or not that's a top-6 role will depend on many things as well).

I personally think Toffoli will succeed and be in LA sooner than many expect.

EDIT: Toffoli has 87 goals in his last 112 games!!! The man can find the net. Granted Junior production guarantees nothing.

Old
01-02-2012, 12:58 PM
itstheo54

I would love to see Columbus trade Carter to L.A. you know for a fact Carter would come here without question.

Old
01-02-2012, 12:59 PM
Fishhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc620 View Post
I remember when Luc Robitaille, Brett Hull, and Phil Kessel couldn't or wouldn't get up and down the ice - not to mention Phil Esposito.
Toffoli isn't explosive, but he gets where he needs to. He certainly isn't a poor skater.

I watched him closely in camp and skating wasn't an issue. Of course he needs to keep improving at it, but he's got this weird knack of being where he needs to be. He does remind me of Luc in that sense. Skating has always been overrated in the NHL, IMO. YOu can't be a bender but there are many poor skaters that have great success. What you have to be is a smart skater.

One thing TT needed to work on from my observation was his vision on the ice. Not that his awareness is bad, but it's not where it needs to be.

Old
01-02-2012, 01:32 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by itstheo54 View Post
I would love to see Columbus trade Carter to L.A. you know for a fact Carter would come here without question.
With Richards saying that he still regularly speaks to Carter on a weekly basis on After Hours, I'd imagine he'd be welcome to the idea, especially with rumblings that he does not want to stay in Columbus. It may not happen this season but I could see this as a possibility down the road.

Closed Thread