HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Here's a fact to crunch on...

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-02-2012, 01:48 PM
  #1
MontrealHDTV*
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 105
vCash: 500
Here's a fact to crunch on...

Marian Hossa, Evgeni Malkin, Steven Stamkos, Daniel Sedin, Phil Kessel, Claude Giroux and Henrik Sedin all have more points than our top 4 highest paid players combined (occupying 24.1M of our cap).

Is this the worst managed team in Montreal Canadiens history?

MontrealHDTV* is offline  
Old
01-02-2012, 01:49 PM
  #2
Crimson Skorpion
HFB Partner
 
Crimson Skorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lachine, Quebec
Country: Germany
Posts: 28,873
vCash: 500
Awards:
Here's a fact to crunch on. All those players are among the best in the league this year and have been playing amazing all year long.

Did you know they all have more points than Sidney Crosby too? CRAZY, RIGHT?

__________________
Shawn Wilken,
Head of Hockey Department
LastWordOnSports.com


Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Crimson Skorpion is offline  
Old
01-02-2012, 01:51 PM
  #3
Crimson Skorpion
HFB Partner
 
Crimson Skorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lachine, Quebec
Country: Germany
Posts: 28,873
vCash: 500
Awards:
Oh and Stamkos has 43 points. Cammalleri and Plekanec combined have 50.

Fail.

Crimson Skorpion is offline  
Old
01-02-2012, 01:52 PM
  #4
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!
 
Le Tricolore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 28,130
vCash: 500
I'm not sure if players getting hurt is bad management...

Le Tricolore is offline  
Old
01-02-2012, 01:52 PM
  #5
MontrealHDTV*
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
Here's a fact to crunch on. All those players are among the best in the league this year and have been playing amazing all year long.

Did you know they all have more points than Sidney Crosby too? CRAZY, RIGHT?
LOL! Yeah, and? Our top 4 combined! So I guess 40 points combined is acceptable coming from our top 4 players in your book. Idgaf if they're injured. Results are results. That's what we get for signing an injury-prone Markov and a bunch of smurfs.

MontrealHDTV* is offline  
Old
01-02-2012, 01:53 PM
  #6
WhiskeySeven
President of Canada
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 15,101
vCash: 500
I want Gionta off this team. He's part of the failed JM era and won't possibly play better than he has already.

Injury prone and a 20-something goalscorer, not needed.

WhiskeySeven is offline  
Old
01-02-2012, 01:53 PM
  #7
onice
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Montreal
Posts: 5,604
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
Here's a fact to crunch on. All those players are among the best in the league this year and have been playing amazing all year long.

Did you know they all have more points than Sidney Crosby too? CRAZY, RIGHT?
I think you missed the OP point. He didn't say those players have more points than our leading point getter. He said they have more points than our top 4 highest paid players combined.

And yes that is a very revealing fact.

When Gainey went out and put together his little smurf experiment there were a few of us who complained that the team was too small and not as fast and speedy as everyone was making them out to be. The counter argument was the other teams had to catch us to hit us. Well, it's not just a question of injuries. It's a question of effectiveness and fatigue. Come April, May the smurfs that are still playing and not injured are too gassed to put up much of a fight. The first year was a blimp but last year's playoffs and this year's team are proving that Gainey's/Gauthier's grasp of team management is not what it should be.


Last edited by onice: 01-02-2012 at 02:01 PM.
onice is offline  
Old
01-02-2012, 01:53 PM
  #8
dutchy29
Registered User
 
dutchy29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: SIRISAACBROCKVILLE
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,723
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontrealHDTV View Post
Marian Hossa, Evgeni Malkin, Steven Stamkos, Daniel Sedin, Phil Kessel, Claude Giroux and Henrik Sedin all have more points than our top 4 highest paid players combined (occupying 24.1M of our cap).

Is this the worst managed team in Montreal Canadiens history?
Not suprised, Our team has been awful.
To the second part, YES. But I think their is more problems with this organization than just management, I think it has something to do with the whole inner brass of the organization, I think all the politics involoved with running a storied franchise, french/english distraction, poisions this team. To many of our players in the past 15 years have gone on to out perform what they have done when they play for our organization. We need a hero.

dutchy29 is offline  
Old
01-02-2012, 01:53 PM
  #9
MontrealHDTV*
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
Oh and Stamkos has 43 points. Cammalleri and Plekanec combined have 50.

Fail.
Cammalleri, Gomez, Markov and Gionta. You fail. I wasn't counting Pleks.

MontrealHDTV* is offline  
Old
01-02-2012, 01:56 PM
  #10
Crimson Skorpion
HFB Partner
 
Crimson Skorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lachine, Quebec
Country: Germany
Posts: 28,873
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontrealHDTV View Post
Cammalleri, Gomez, Markov and Gionta. You fail. I wasn't counting Pleks.
Plekanec makes just as much as Gionta, so they are tied for the 4th spot. Plekanec over Gionta since he makes $5 million for two more years than Gionta.

Pick and choose all you want. Including injured players over guys that have been playing all season is just trying to push your agenda. 3 of our top 4 (or 5) have been injured this season and have missed handfulls of games. One of which has not even played a game.

Crimson Skorpion is offline  
Old
01-02-2012, 01:57 PM
  #11
Young Gun
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,245
vCash: 500
every player on the habs are tradeable , price included

Young Gun is offline  
Old
01-02-2012, 01:58 PM
  #12
dutchy29
Registered User
 
dutchy29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: SIRISAACBROCKVILLE
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,723
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
Oh and Stamkos has 43 points. Cammalleri and Plekanec combined have 50.

Fail.
Fail that you couldn't take the time to read the post, and couldn't wait to start an argument with the poster without the proper facts.

dutchy29 is offline  
Old
01-02-2012, 01:58 PM
  #13
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL
 
YMCMBeaulieu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,628
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
I want Gionta off this team. He's part of the failed JM era and won't possibly play better than he has already.

Injury prone and a 20-something goalscorer, not needed.
How is he injury prone? This is the second time he's been injured with us and the first time was a broken foot from getting hit with a puck. He played with Gomez for most of last year and just barely missed getting 30 goals..

YMCMBeaulieu is online now  
Old
01-02-2012, 01:59 PM
  #14
MontrealHDTV*
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
Plekanec makes just as much as Gionta, so they are tied for the 4th spot. Plekanec over Gionta since he makes $5 million for two more years than Gionta.

Pick and choose all you want. Including injured players over guys that have been playing all season is just trying to push your agenda. 3 of our top 4 (or 5) have been injured this season and have missed handfulls of games. One of which has not even played a game.
Smaller guys are more likely to get injured. It's a fact. We get pushed around.

Markov was signed to a three year deal coming off a two year absence. Why would you ever sign a guy to a three year deal when he's basically missed two years of action and injury prone? Give the guy a one year contract and see where it goes from there. Explain how Markov deserved long-term...

MontrealHDTV* is offline  
Old
01-02-2012, 02:01 PM
  #15
Crimson Skorpion
HFB Partner
 
Crimson Skorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lachine, Quebec
Country: Germany
Posts: 28,873
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchy29 View Post
Fail that you couldn't take the time to read the post, and couldn't wait to start an argument with the poster without the proper facts.
Fail on your part.

Gomez - $7,357,143 per year, three years
Markov - $5.75 million per year, three years.
Cammalleri - $6 million per year, three years.
Plekanec - $5 million per year, five years.
Gionta - $5 million per year, three years.

Plekanec is above Gionta due to making the SAME money for two more years.

Crimson Skorpion is offline  
Old
01-02-2012, 02:01 PM
  #16
Young Gun
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,245
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchy29 View Post
Not suprised, Our team has been awful.
To the second part, YES. But I think their is more problems with this organization than just management, I think it has something to do with the whole inner brass of the organization, I think all the politics involoved with running a storied franchise, french/english distraction, poisions this team. To many of our players in the past 15 years have gone on to out perform what they have done when they play for our organization. We need a hero.
seem's to me some problem comes up every year. Ak and Sk problems, drinking and party's, mafia problems, and this team thinks it the class of the nhl

Young Gun is offline  
Old
01-02-2012, 02:02 PM
  #17
MontrealHDTV*
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
Fail on your part.

Gomez - $7,357,143 per year, three years
Markov - $5.75 million per year, three years.
Cammalleri - $6 million per year, three years.
Plekanec - $5 million per year, five years.
Gionta - $5 million per year, three years.

Plekanec is above Gionta due to making the SAME money for two more years.
Oh, sorry. Didn't know I needed to say Top 3 and tied for 4th. Better?

MontrealHDTV* is offline  
Old
01-02-2012, 02:03 PM
  #18
Crimson Skorpion
HFB Partner
 
Crimson Skorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lachine, Quebec
Country: Germany
Posts: 28,873
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontrealHDTV View Post
Smaller guys are more likely to get injured. It's a fact. We get pushed around.

Markov was signed to a three year deal coming off a two year absence. Why would you ever sign a guy to a three year deal when he's basically missed two years of action and injury prone? Give the guy a one year contract and see where it goes from there. Explain how Markov deserved long-term...
I can't explain that. That truly was a failure. Another failure was only giving Gorges one year, which was corrected yesterday when he was given his extension.

However, Cammalleri-Gomez-Gionta are guys that have been injured. Can't put the blame on a GM for that.

Crimson Skorpion is offline  
Old
01-02-2012, 02:04 PM
  #19
Coldplay
Courage
 
Coldplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,383
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontrealHDTV View Post
Oh, sorry. Didn't know I needed to say Top 3 and tied for 4th. Better?
Hahahahaha, I love how you disregarded Plekanec because it didn't fit your contrived non-argument.

Such irrelevance.

Coldplay is offline  
Old
01-02-2012, 02:04 PM
  #20
Crimson Skorpion
HFB Partner
 
Crimson Skorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lachine, Quebec
Country: Germany
Posts: 28,873
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontrealHDTV View Post
Oh, sorry. Didn't know I needed to say Top 3 and tied for 4th. Better?
Except on the depth chart, Plekanec is ahead of Gionta based on the two years he gets paid over Gionta. I see what your point is, but injuries have plagued this team and the one true mistake that Gauthier made in your point is the Markov contract. Three years for a guy that has played 7 games, including this season, is a terrible move.

Crimson Skorpion is offline  
Old
01-02-2012, 02:05 PM
  #21
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger
 
MasterDecoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beijing
Posts: 10,568
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontrealHDTV View Post
Cammalleri, Gomez, Markov and Gionta. You fail. I wasn't counting Pleks.
and yet, they have all been injured for a significant amount of time.

waaa-waaa smurfs

et cetera et cetera...

MasterDecoy is online now  
Old
01-02-2012, 02:07 PM
  #22
Sandvich
VERY NICE
 
Sandvich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,423
vCash: 500
Wayne Gretzky has more points than all of them combine.

FAIL.

/thread

Sandvich is offline  
Old
01-02-2012, 02:10 PM
  #23
MontrealHDTV*
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
and yet, they have all been injured for a significant amount of time.

waaa-waaa smurfs

et cetera et cetera...
We resigned a guy that was already injured lol

Ok, for the hell of it, let's say they weren't injured (the smurfs)

Gomez on pace for...0 goals 25 assists in 82 GP with a -19

Gionta on pace for...23 goals 20 assists in 82 GP with a -14

Cammalleri on pace for...19 goals 31 assists in 82 GP with a -12

Solid stats, right?

MontrealHDTV* is offline  
Old
01-02-2012, 02:19 PM
  #24
Ghetto Sangria
The implication
 
Ghetto Sangria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 3,044
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontrealHDTV View Post
We resigned a guy that was already injured lol

Ok, for the hell of it, let's say they weren't injured (the smurfs)

Gomez on pace for...0 goals 25 assists in 82 GP with a -19

Gionta on pace for...23 goals 20 assists in 82 GP with a -14

Cammalleri on pace for...19 goals 31 assists in 82 GP with a -12

Solid stats, right?
Cammy on pace for 50pts?? dayum thats more than I thought

Ghetto Sangria is offline  
Old
01-02-2012, 02:20 PM
  #25
MontrealHDTV*
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
Hahahahaha, I love how you disregarded Plekanec because it didn't fit your contrived non-argument.

Such irrelevance.
The point being we're paying 4 players 24.1M and their combined point total is less than 7 players...that means nothing to you, eh? Baffles me how people like this can defend management. We settle for mediocrity, we get mediocrity. Plain and simple.

MontrealHDTV* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:55 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.