HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Here's a fact to crunch on...

Closed Thread

Old
01-02-2012, 01:23 PM
BLONG7

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontrealHDTV View Post
The point being we're paying 4 players 24.1M and their combined point total is less than 7 players...that means nothing to you, eh? Baffles me how people like this can defend management. We settle for mediocrity, we get mediocrity. Plain and simple.
We do have far too many underacheivers...let's hope they have some pride to try and salvage the season...if not, trade deadline day is gonna be fun for a change...

Old
01-02-2012, 01:24 PM
MontrealHDTV*

Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
I think you missed the OP point. He didn't say those players have more points than our leading point getter. He said they have more points than our top 4 highest paid players combined.

And yes that is a very revealing fact.

When Gainey went out and put together his little smurf experiment there were a few of us who complained that the team was too small and not as fast and speedy as everyone was making them out to be. The counter argument was the other teams had to catch us to hit us. Well, it's not just a question of injuries. It's a question of effectiveness and fatigue. Come April, May the smurfs that are still playing and not injured are too gassed to put up much of a fight. The first year was a blimp but last year's playoffs and this year's team are proving that Gainey's/Gauthier's grasp of team management is not what it should be.
Amen!

Old
01-02-2012, 01:27 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
The point being we're paying 4 players 24.1M and their combined point total is less than 7 players...that means nothing to you, eh? Baffles me how people like this can defend management. We settle for mediocrity, we get mediocrity. Plain and simple.
anyways, thank you for bringing this to our collective attention. good stuff

Old
01-02-2012, 01:31 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

our overpaid midgets suck: gionta, gomez, cammy.
add pylons like Gill and softies like Kaberle and you get you montreal canadiens.........
**** bg/pg combo

Old
01-02-2012, 01:31 PM
Coldplay
Courage

Whoever uses the word "smurf" shouldn't be taken seriously.

What are you guys, 6?

Old
01-02-2012, 01:35 PM
11Goat11
Inside her

Stupid thread comparing injured players and superstars.

And I don't get the Gionta hate. When the guy is on he is awesome. He has been injured on 2 freak plays, in the last 2 years, broken foot and groin pull, and the guy scored almost 30 last year still missing a bunch of time. When he is on he is one of our best players.

Shouldn't this be in one of the other bash management threads?

Old
01-02-2012, 01:40 PM
canadiensnation
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Cammalleri, Gomez, Markov and Gionta. You fail. I wasn't counting Pleks.
how can you tally up the points from Markov and Gomez if for one Markov hasnt played a game and Gomez has only played 13 while Gionta has missed the last 10. You make no sense. our top 4 this season consists of Plekanec, Cammalleri, Cole, Pacioretty. add up there totals.

close the thread nonsense here.

Old
01-02-2012, 01:42 PM
bentheprop

It has honestly reached the point where every new thread like this just registers as waaa waaa, cry, whine to me. Seriously, do we need a new thread every time someone comes up with a new angle to ****** about the exact same things over and over. We have guys that are overpaid and under producing... we already know this. Just add this to one of the existing threads.

Old
01-02-2012, 01:46 PM
MontrealHDTV*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Goat11 View Post
Stupid thread comparing injured players and superstars.

And I don't get the Gionta hate. When the guy is on he is awesome. He has been injured on 2 freak plays, in the last 2 years, broken foot and groin pull, and the guy scored almost 30 last year still missing a bunch of time. When he is on he is one of our best players.

Shouldn't this be in one of the other bash management threads?
Ok, if you want to get technical about it...Gomez, Gionta and Cammalleri have played 76 GP combined and have 40 points. Their total salary is 18.3M.

The players I mentioned have played between 31 and 39 GP and all have more points making between 3.75-8.7M...Do I need to say more or have I made my point clear?

That's not even getting into Andrei Markov.

Old
01-02-2012, 01:48 PM
MontrealHDTV*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentheprop View Post
It has honestly reached the point where every new thread like this just registers as waaa waaa, cry, whine to me. Seriously, do we need a new thread every time someone comes up with a new angle to ****** about the exact same things over and over. We have guys that are overpaid and under producing... we already know this. Just add this to one of the existing threads.
They're facts. Don't like it? Don't comment. Pretty simple.

Old
01-02-2012, 01:51 PM
11Goat11
Inside her

Yes I get it, you hate the players on the team you cheer for. There are threads already for this and it clutters up the board for good discussions, that's my only beef.

Old
01-02-2012, 01:53 PM
MontrealHDTV*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Goat11 View Post
Yes I get it, you hate the players on the team you cheer for. There are threads already for this and it clutters up the board for good discussions, that's my only beef.
Don't comment, scroll down, comment elsewhere. This thread will die soon enough. I can vent if I want. If the mods see fit that this thread be moved, so be it.

Old
01-02-2012, 03:38 PM
BeerHell

Come on people OP has a good valid point after all Gainey was a really bad GM, I mean
he wasn't able to sign Malkin, Or the Sedin's. We all know he should have drafted Stamkos.
and Giroux, after all the whole OHL didn't draft him, and 20 something teams felt he dididn't deserve to be drafted heck the GM forgot his name, but hey Gainey should have drafted him for sure.
He, also, should have traded two top 10 draft picks, for Kessel

he also wasn't able to convince Hossa to sign in Montreal instead of Detroit and Chicago...

it's clear we are a bad team

Old
01-02-2012, 03:50 PM
llamateizer

you need 12 Gomez to have more points than Giroux

or 10 Darche

Old
01-02-2012, 03:53 PM
llamateizer

Quote:
Marian Hossa, Evgeni Malkin, Steven Stamkos, Daniel Sedin, Phil Kessel, Claude Giroux and Henrik Sedin all have more points than our top 4 highest paid players combined (occupying 24.1M of our cap).

Is this the worst managed team in Montreal Canadiens history?
good job
our 4 most paid 3 of them are injured

Old
01-02-2012, 03:53 PM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

There is a chance that we can make it so far. We start believing now that we can be who we are, grease is the word!

Old
01-02-2012, 03:59 PM
habsjunkie2*

We have about 30 million being wasted on almost nothing. Apparently that isn't a problem for some, it is for me, it isn't a way to build a successful team, but I told you all this 3 years ago when you were all jumping for joy at the Gomez trade and Gionta/Cammy/Spacegoat/Gill signings and ignoring the fact we overpaid for a bunch of average, mostly, non game changing players at pretty significant sums of cash.

Is anyone really surprised that our overpaid, under 6 feet tall UFA's, haven't delivered, seriously? You can't build a team on July 1st, but you can spoil any chance of making improvements. We did exactly that.

Old
01-02-2012, 03:59 PM
llamateizer

FACT!!

Pacioretty and Desharnais (combined 2.475millions) have more points than all listed players

Old
01-02-2012, 04:00 PM
Toastman

Whenever you guys are feeling down because of how crap our team and players are, just tell yourself at least we are not Islanders or Blue Jackets fans

Old
01-02-2012, 04:05 PM
Westcoasthabsfan

there can be tons of these stupid threads.... bottom line the team is horrible right now with no end in sight...hopefully this fight in practice lights a fire because right now Cole is the only forward showing any heart or balls on this team

Old
01-02-2012, 04:09 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Erik Karlsson has more points than Plekanec and Gomez combined.

Old
01-02-2012, 04:12 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Marian Hossa, Evgeni Malkin, Steven Stamkos, Daniel Sedin, Phil Kessel, Claude Giroux and Henrik Sedin all have more points than our top 4 highest paid players combined (occupying 24.1M of our cap).

Is this the worst managed team in Montreal Canadiens history?
75% of NHLers have more points than Pittsburgh's highest paid player, I guess Shero is running the team into the ground.

Old
01-02-2012, 04:15 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

This is a massively stupid thread which proves nothing.

The fact that all 4 of the players "targeted" have missed considerable should conveniently be overlooked.

Old
01-02-2012, 04:48 PM
Miller Time

gotta love the excuses...

bottom line is that we are paying 18.4M$ for 3 players that aren't worth anywhere near that much.

i don't have time to do it now, but I am pretty sure that not one other team in the league could boast such a poor return on $$ for 3 players.

not one other team in the league has 3 players taking up 18M$ in cap space while failing to play at anywhere close to an elite level.

that is the direct result of poor decision making by the management team (notice, I said "team", which DOES include PG's role in the trade/signings that brought us Gomez/Gionta/Cammy).

if the rumors about Houle's forced mandate to shed salaries are correct, then I think it is absolutely reasonable to call this management team the worst montreal has ever seen.

listening to PG today just reinforced why. Absolutely ZERO accountability on his part, none... a manager who can't start by acknowledging that he is the first person to blame for the failure of his team, is a manager that deserves to be fired yesterday.

Old
01-02-2012, 05:15 PM
MontrealHDTV*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
This is a massively stupid thread which proves nothing.

The fact that all 4 of the players "targeted" have missed considerable should conveniently be overlooked.
Read all my posts. Even when they're playing, they're ****.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
75% of NHLers have more points than Pittsburgh's highest paid player, I guess Shero is running the team into the ground.
So you're one of those that supports a signing like Andrei Markov, eh? Glad you're not GM.

Closed Thread