HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kris Russell on Injured Reserve

Old
12-29-2011, 02:52 PM
BigB
We Want Big Macs!

vCash: 150
Kris Russell on Injured Reserve

Russell Placed on Injured Reserve
Thursday, 12.29.2011 / 11:35 AM / News
St. Louis Blues
Kris Russell
Kris Russell
Defense - STL
GOALS: 5 | ASST: 3 | PTS: 8
SOG: 39 | +/-: 5
ST. LOUIS – St. Louis Blues Executive Vice President and General Manager Doug Armstrong announced Thursday the club has placed defenseman Kris Russell on Injured Reserve.

Russell suffered a right groin injury in the first period on Dec. 27 at Detroit.

He will be re-evaluated in three weeks.

BigB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 02:54 PM
BigB
We Want Big Macs!

Sobotka
Huskins
Russell
McDonald
Reaves

Injuries are really piling up...

Old
12-29-2011, 03:17 PM
Mike Liut

vCash: 50
Time for Cole to show what he has. I think Cole should be a mainstay from here out. Let the Kid play and develop.

Mike Liut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 03:43 PM
stlblueskiwi

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Liut View Post
Time for Cole to show what he has. I think Cole should be a mainstay from here out. Let the Kid play and develop.
I would like to see this as well I really like the look of this kid, just wonder what we do when everyones healthy assuming there is ever a time that is the case.

stlblueskiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 04:31 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigB View Post
Sobotka
Huskins
Russell
McDonald
Reaves

Injuries are really piling up...
Actually they're relatively healthy. McDonald is the only major long-term injury and wouldn't be surprised to see him back after the All-Star break. Russell back after the break or maybe just before. Reaves won't be out too long (and they'll probably be happy to leave him on IR as long as possible so they don't have to risk Porter through waivers). Sobotka probably plays tomorrow. Huskins back after the All-Star break. Oshie may be out a few more than just two games but probably not too much more.

PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 06:18 PM
Mike Liut

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlkiwiblues View Post
I would like to see this as well I really like the look of this kid, just wonder what we do when everyones healthy assuming there is ever a time that is the case.

I have a feeling when everybody is back, Cole will be in Peoria getting top pairing minutes. Maybe next year is the year for him with the Blues with Carlo and Jackman f/a's. Although, I would like to see them resign Jax.

Mike Liut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 06:59 PM
underslept
well-informed

Quote:
I have a feeling when everybody is back, Cole will be in Peoria getting top pairing minutes. Maybe next year is the year for him with the Blues with Carlo and Jackman f/a's. Although, I would like to see them resign Jax.
I have a feeling that when Huskins returns, Carlo and Jackman are both on the trading block.

I realize there are many, possibly within the organization, that feel Jackman is a lifer, but I honestly believe the Blues would be better off dealing him than resigning him.

This makes room for Cole, which I believe the general consensus is this needs to be done.

I am very biased against Carlo, I did not want him resigned, but I feel like its safe to say moving forward, he's the odd man out with Pietrangelo, Shattenkirk, and Cole progressing.

underslept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 07:18 PM
BlueSinceBirth

Quote:
Originally Posted by underslept View Post
I have a feeling that when Huskins returns, Carlo and Jackman are both on the trading block.
I realize there are many, possibly within the organization, that feel Jackman is a lifer, but I honestly believe the Blues would be better off dealing him than resigning him.

This makes room for Cole, which I believe the general consensus is this needs to be done.

I am very biased against Carlo, I did not want him resigned, but I feel like its safe to say moving forward, he's the odd man out with Pietrangelo, Shattenkirk, and Cole progressing.
I don't see the Blues moving either of these guys. Trading away depth after the injuries we have had the last few seasons would be asking for trouble. I could see Cola maybe for an upgrade, but I doubt a team that is moving a defenseman would want him in return. I think that Cole should be starting over Russell. I don't mind Russell (as long as he isn't on the PP) but Ian Cole just seems like a better fit. Glad we have some depth this year

BlueSinceBirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 03:30 AM
FilthyNote*

Quote:
Cole has had plenty of opportunities to show what he can do and so far hes been meh.

I honestly think he's trade bait.

FilthyNote* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 04:17 AM
Crumblin Erb Brooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilthyNote View Post
Cole has had plenty of opportunities to show what he can do and so far hes been meh.

He could be trade bait, but I think the Blues would rather have him and his cheap contract next season. I also think he has been a fine player in the lineup for us so far. Should be interesting to see him play with Shatty tomorrow (tonight?).

Ive been underwhelmed by Russell so far, his decision making with the puck is subpar, and that is no good for a small defenseman. His skating is really damn good though, allows him to make some mistakes in both zones, and he really hasnt hurt us too much. He just reminds me too much of Jeff Woywitka, you dont really notice him but what does he do for your team? Alright bottom pairing guy, but I think Coles size would be more helpful for this team right now.

Crumblin Erb Brooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 04:51 AM
The Grouch
Enraged

Quote:

I disagree... 37 intermittent games over 2 seasons is hardly "plenty of opportunities", especially for a 22 year old defenseman. Fans can't expect a young player with limited NHL exposure to play like a well polished veteran.

The Grouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 04:30 PM
BigB
We Want Big Macs!

Oshie, Sobotka, and Langebrunner will be playing tonight.

Steen out with concussion like symptoms.

Old
01-02-2012, 12:14 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

Quote:

I think you're right.

They'll keep Jackman. They may try to trade Cola for an upgrade. But I think Cole may be the most tradeable of the Blues' defensive commodities to try and get that more experienced upgrade at left D.

2 Minute Minor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 06:23 PM
EastonBlues22
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

Quote:

Cole is 22 years old and has played a grand total of 39 games in the NHL (in large part because of his waiver-eligibility status)...so I guess I'll disagree that he's had enough time at the NHL level for him to "show what he can do."

Besides, for the most part when he's played he's looked pretty good (2 goals, 6 assists, +12). To me, he looks significantly better now than Roman Polak did at the same age, and I think most people on this board would be pretty happy to have a LH version of Polak playing with Pietrangelo (or playing with Shattenkirk, or to replace/augment Jackman, etc.).

What exactly were your expectations for this kid?

EastonBlues22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 06:37 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 857
what's been meh about Cole?

bleedblue1223 is online now   Reply With Quote