HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Winter Classic January 2, 2012 (and scheduled events through this week)

Old
01-02-2012, 05:53 PM
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveNeptune View Post
Lavi just said he didn't bench Jagr
Yeah. Jagr just had an interview and said it was "unfortunate"

Basically said cold + groin injuries do not mix.

hckyplayer8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 05:53 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1161
Jagr injury report thread has been posted. I expect more info later.

MiamiScreamingEagles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 05:54 PM
drownedsailors

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerpinTaxt View Post
Pretty sure the rule is, it has to be a player who was on the ice at the time of the call. If Giroux was on the ice, then it would of been his shot. (He wasnt on the ice right?)
He was, the goalie was pulled for the extra attacker and all our top guys (minus Jagr of course) were on the ice.

drownedsailors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 05:54 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Good game tonight fellas.

I thought it was a thoroughly enjoyable experience even though the refs were terrible all around.

I just came in here to say thank you because you guys hosted this event and made it an absolutely incredible atmosphere. It was a wonderful game and a great experience. I just wish I got to be a part of it live but it was a great day for hockey.

01-02-2012, 05:55 PM
dookie88

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveNeptune View Post
I thought Giroux was on the ice too.
Not sure anymore.

I thought it was Briere, Simmonds, Read, Carle and Meszaros or Bourdon.

dookie88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Xegiie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zbryne View Post
"Lavy said he picked Briere over Giroux on pen shot". - @BroadStBull
lavy too bad i just can't fire you

Xegiie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS

I don't get what all the doom and gloom is with you Flyer fans!!! It's one game!!! I wish my Sabres had the depth and talent you guys have. Many good years in store for you.

Stop Winnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 05:56 PM
Top Cheese Danish

The Flyers should hold on to Brayden Schenn as tightly as they can. That kid has "future superstar" written all over him.

Top Cheese Danish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 05:56 PM
54drinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishire View Post
I don't get what all the doom and gloom is with you Flyer fans!!! It's one game!!! I wish my Sabres had the depth and talent you guys have. Many good years in store for you.
Yeah about 8 1/2 more ;P

54drinking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 05:57 PM
Xegiie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishire View Post
yeah one game, like every game is outdoor in front of 50 000 ppl and millions watching it on TV.. sure

Xegiie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 05:59 PM
Flyersfan139

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xegiie View Post
yeah one game, like every game is outdoor in front of 50 000 ppl and millions watching it on TV.. sure
Yeah more disappointing for us fans but its still just a regular season loss. Plenty of time to make it up to the Rangers

Hopefully Bryzgolov can get back on track without the distraction of HBO. Can't wait for the final episode though.

Flyersfan139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 06:01 PM
Lurch

vCash: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by Readyrock View Post
It's our rooting interest and our board. We're permitted a little collective catharsis.
Apparently not.

I would like to publicly state that my primary NHL team is the Philadelphia Flyers. I am a partial season ticket holder and have been following the team since I was a teenager. Please do not let the Hershey Bears avatar fool you. If you have been a fan for more than 5 minutes, you would know that they were the Flyers farm team for 12 rears in recent memory. I would have been at the game, but I sold my fix due to the flu.

Until that time...Go Flyers!

Lurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
bennysflyers16

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 54drinking View Post
Yeah about 8 1/2 more ;P
Bob let's in a point losing awful goal, Bryz reference !!!!!! Only on HF !!

bennysflyers16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!

[QUOTE=Flyersfan139;41801039]Yeah more disappointing for us fans but its still just a regular season loss. Plenty of time to make it up to the Rangers

Hopefully Bryzgolov can get back on track without the distraction of HBO. Can't wait for the final episode though.[/QUOTE]

When was he on track?

Old
01-02-2012, 06:02 PM
Flyersfan139

[QUOTE=hckyplayer8;41801133]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyersfan139 View Post
Yeah more disappointing for us fans but its still just a regular season loss. Plenty of time to make it up to the Rangers

Hopefully Bryzgolov can get back on track without the distraction of HBO. Can't wait for the final episode though.[/QUOTE]

When was he on track?
In Phoenix

Flyersfan139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 06:03 PM
iamcanadian23

It's a shame our goaltending became such an issue on such a big stage, yet again. From Bryzgalov's ridiculously stupid interviews yesterday and all the way through to the end of this game - all eyes were focused on our net and added pressure to an already intense game.

I believe in Bobrovsky, who is still young and showing improvement in his sophmore season. Realizing he laid an egg today, and has had similar showings earlier this year - he's still able to put together wonderful stretches when playing with confidence. As a whole, he is standing up longer and handling the puck better and playing tougher - but he still battles with consistency and letting in those poorly timed goals of the non-highlight-reel variety. I'm still going to show patience with this kid, young and in only his second year - expecting an elite level goaltender at his age is too much, in my opinion.

Secondly - in a wild twist - I will trust in Bryzgalov too. This guy has performed well in past years, whether you attribute that to a defensive-minded system or not - there is still skill there. He's a big guy who usually plays angles well and has gotten the job done as part of some weak teams recently. Maybe it's the pressure of playing in this city, because he is seemingly proving to be quite casual and fragile about everything - but let's give him some adjustment time here, still early.

iamcanadian23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 06:03 PM
WeekendAtBernies

[QUOTE=hckyplayer8;41801133]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyersfan139 View Post

When was he on track?
In Phoenix. During the Regular Season.

So... not that long ago

WeekendAtBernies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 06:06 PM
JoeFlyer

To say our goaltender was rubbish today is a joke, Bob let in one soft goal. The rest of the game he was fine. 1st was a screened lazer from in close the last was a bad team effort.

What about out first goal? Lundqvist gave up a pretty bad rebound for Schenn to poach, then we scored again almost straight away. Did the Rangers collapse? No. Did we play at all well in the 3rd? No. The team lost the game not the goalie. A good 3rd and the game was ours.

We have to stop crumbling in games. The experienced forwards like Briere and JvR need to step up and carry the team more, not just the top line. I also kinda wonder if the team just can't play that aggressive forchecking hockey for a whole game, seems like it sometimes. Must be shattereing to 'grind the piss' out of the opposition for 60mins...

JoeFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 06:07 PM
GrumpyJ
formerly jmiller010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16 View Post
This shows the double standard perfectly, thank you !!
Im a bruins fan who checks out the flyers board from time to time.

Not sure why youre accusing people of a double standard. They seem to be pretty vocal when bryz sucks and some are making their feelings known ab bobs performance today.

How exactly is that a double standard?

GrumpyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 06:07 PM
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!

[QUOTE=Flyersfan139;41801185]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hckyplayer8 View Post

In Phoenix
[QUOTE=sandlansd;41801267]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hckyplayer8 View Post

In Phoenix. During the Regular Season.

So... not that long ago

Serious comment.

Everybody who praises Bryz about his lil hot streak needs to go back and look how many goals our offense was scoring in those games.

I posted the stats a while ago. Something like 80% of W's featured games where we scored 4 or more goals.

Not exactly like Bryz was winning those games for us.

Old
01-02-2012, 06:08 PM
Bittco

pretty ticked they lost that game after being up 2- makes the awesomeness of 24/7 slightly less enjoyable to watch in the future. That 2nd goal was horrible.

BUT

the first half of the game felt like a soccer match or rec league hockey- so many funny bounces due to the ice- flyers really did play well most of the game

and don't forget part of getting bryz in theory was downgrading the o- if we had a good goalie tonight we would've won- hopefully the 'spectacle of losing the spectacle' gets bryz the sitdown with lavi he needs and this thing turns around before the games really count

Bittco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 06:11 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackStevens View Post
It absolutely was a bad call, because just because the puck is out of sight for a split second doesnt mean you should blow the whistle. Refs and quick whistles is one of the absolutely most obnoxious things in this league at times. Theres absolutely no reason to not wait a moment to make sure the play isnt continuing

The guy was standing on the opposite side of the net for ****s sake. Obviously he wont see it over there. In that case he should submit to the guy out at the blue line.
I dunno. Seemed like an ok call to me. It sucked for the Flyers but those call are all discretionary. IIRC, players were jabbing at Lundqvist while he was laying on his stomach. If that is happening and the ref can't see the puck, its going to get blown dead 9/10 times. Yes, the Briere emerged with the puck, but that call was not nearly as bad as that penalty shot they gave Briere. Unless I missed the replay showing the puck being covered (which is possible), that was an absolutely terrible call. Good for us, bad in general.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 06:16 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
I dunno. Seemed like an ok call to me. It sucked for the Flyers but those call are all discretionary. IIRC, players were jabbing at Lundqvist while he was laying on his stomach. If that is happening and the ref can't see the puck, its going to get blown dead 9/10 times. Yes, the Briere emerged with the puck, but that call was not nearly as bad as that penalty shot they gave Briere. Unless I missed the replay showing the puck being covered (which is possible), that was an absolutely terrible call. Good for us, bad in general.
The referee's positioning was poor--he jumped on the net and looked down, which I guess is ok, except the puck was lose at the side of the net. If you focus on three square feet of ice at any given time, there's a decent chance you won't find the puck.

Still, I don't think the Flyers can complain, on balance, about the officiating. They created more quality scoring chances and scored fewer goals. Blame it on the goalie; blame it on the forwards; or simply credit Lundquist.

Jack de la Hoya is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 06:17 PM
shipwreck
HFBoards Sponsor

shipwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 06:17 PM
CSKA1974

[QUOTE=hckyplayer8;41801577][QUOTE=Flyersfan139;41801185]

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandlansd View Post

Serious comment.

Everybody who praises Bryz about his lil hot streak needs to go back and look how many goals our offense was scoring in those games.

I posted the stats a while ago. Something like 80% of W's featured games where we scored 4 or more goals.

Not exactly like Bryz was winning those games for us.
I am not defending Bryz- he has sucked, but your Holly War against him has become annoying.

FYI, Tonight's loss has nothing to do with Bryz.

CSKA1974 is offline   Reply With Quote