HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-12 All Purpose Kings Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread II

Closed Thread

Old
01-02-2012, 01:35 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 102
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by itstheo54 View Post
I would love to see Columbus trade Carter to L.A. you know for a fact Carter would come here without question.
He's certainly a proven goal scorer and pairing him with Richards would be amazing. If only he didn't sign that long term deal, picking him up in free agency would be the easiest thing ever, but of course, if he didn't sign that deal, we wouldn't have Richards for such a steal of a price for eternity...

I would absolutely love Carter on this team, but I don't know if we are willing to shell out the price to get him. It depends on how the Jackets see themselves. They thought they were going to compete this year. Are they going to sell Carter and Nash and rebuild? Or are they going to continue looking to tweak their roster in order to compete? They have a goalie that has been shaky, but has shown he can play extremely well in the past, some good pieces on defense, and an offensively capable forward group. It all matters on what management thinks.

If they are willing to accept what they dished out for him (prospects and picks), then sure, but if they are looking for proven pieces to add to their core, then the price will be too high.

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Old
01-02-2012, 01:40 PM
Duc620

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishhead View Post
Toffoli isn't explosive, but he gets where he needs to. He certainly isn't a poor skater.

I watched him closely in camp and skating wasn't an issue. Of course he needs to keep improving at it, but he's got this weird knack of being where he needs to be. He does remind me of Luc in that sense. Skating has always been overrated in the NHL, IMO. YOu can't be a bender but there are many poor skaters that have great success. What you have to be is a smart skater.

One thing TT needed to work on from my observation was his vision on the ice. Not that his awareness is bad, but it's not where it needs to be.
Nice post! And thanks.

Awareness of the sneaky little seams and open spaces and quick hands will make you some money in this league. Luc is the best example. Stamkos is more like Hull - he's got his magic spot on the ice.

Old
01-02-2012, 02:51 PM
BringTheReign

Maybe a random question since the season is not even halfway over, but what does the free agent pool look like next year?

Old
01-02-2012, 02:55 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheReign View Post
Maybe a random question since the season is not even halfway over, but what does the free agent pool look like next year?
http://capgeek.com/free_agents.php

Parise is the only guy who fits the major hole for the Kings.

Old
01-02-2012, 02:56 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Parise or bust for Dean.

Old
01-02-2012, 02:58 PM
FrozenKing18
Top Drawer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post

I'd also like to get Ruutu if he doesn't re-sign with his team.

Ruutu-Richards-Brown

Old
01-02-2012, 03:02 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Parise certainly would be that last nudge we need before being a solid contender. Who knows if it is even possible though... Just have to wait and see. For all we know, Lombardi isn't our GM during the offseason...

Old
01-02-2012, 03:05 PM
Duc620

Parise would be a surprise considering how they've been playing lately - starting to gel. I think NJ is going to make him a satisfactory offer and he'll stay.

We'd best be looking elsewhere.

Old
01-02-2012, 03:05 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Parise certainly would be that last nudge we need before being a solid contender. Who knows if it is even possible though... Just have to wait and see. For all we know, Lombardi isn't our GM during the offseason...
Very true.

Old
01-02-2012, 03:10 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc620 View Post
Parise would be a surprise considering how they've been playing lately - starting to gel. I think NJ is going to make him a satisfactory offer and he'll stay.

We'd best be looking elsewhere.
Not saying he'll come here, but in the current NHL seemingly all of the big-name impending FAs see free agency, even if their intention is to re-sign.

Old
01-02-2012, 03:12 PM
Monarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post

The Bruins just won the cup without any game breaking forward, just everyone really solid from first line (more like good second line A and good second line B) to fourth and an all world goalie and defenseman.

There may be only one guy who solves everything by humself, but if we signed two of, say Grabovsky, Hemsky and Huselius, that would be fine.

Old
01-02-2012, 03:15 PM
BringTheReign

So basically, we'll make a push for Parise, lose him to another team after being considered the front-runners the entire time, and then sign Brian Rolston.

Old
01-02-2012, 03:16 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
So basically, we'll make a push for Parise, lose him to another team after being considered the front-runners the entire time, and then sign Brian Rolston.
Pretty much.

Old
01-02-2012, 03:22 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Who have been LA's biggest free agent signings in their 44 years of existence? Marcel Dionne way back in 1975? For some reason, the best free agents somehow avoid signing in LA. The Kings usually end up having to go with Plan B or C, so once again, I am not going to hold out any hope for a Parise signing and would advise others to not hold their breaths.

Old
01-02-2012, 03:23 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Who have been LA's biggest free agent signings in their 44 years of existence? Marcel Dionne way back in 1975? For some reason, the best free agents somehow avoid signing in LA. The Kings usually end up having to go with Plan B or C, so once again, I am not going to hold out any hope for a Parise signing and would advise others to not hold their breaths.
Pretty much. Trade or draft is our only options. Best shot we have at Parise is trading for him, but Johnson would be guaranteed to have to be going the other way...

Old
01-02-2012, 03:24 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
I agree, and will probably do the same.

Old
01-02-2012, 04:26 PM
sjmay*

Free agency there is a couple guys that stand out,

Parise, Semin, Hemsky, Ruutuu, Suter, Kostitsyn, Grabovski, Hudler, Jones, Gaustad, Stempniak, Moss, Brodziak, Winnik, Carcillo, Boyce,

Filling the holes we have from Penner, Stoll, etc,

I think the Kings have to resign Fraser and Mitchell,

Then go after 1 of the first four, definitely go after Suter, you move someone if you get him, plain and simple, but I doubt he is available, then I wouldn't mind seeing, Grabovski, Gaustad, and Brodziak brought in...

Richards - Kopitar - Brown (REALLY liked how this line plays, this would only be if they can keep it up)
Gagne - Lotkionov - Williams
Clifford - Grabovski - Richardson
Brodziak - Fraser - Gaustad

EX - Lewis

Doughty - Scuderi
Voynov - Mitchell
Greene - Johnson

EX Martinez

Quick
Bernier

Old
01-02-2012, 04:30 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmay View Post
Free agency there is a couple guys that stand out,

Parise, Semin, Hemsky, Ruutuu, Suter, Kostitsyn, Grabovski, Hudler, Jones, Gaustad, Stempniak, Moss, Brodziak, Winnik, Carcillo, Boyce,

Filling the holes we have from Penner, Stoll, etc,

I think the Kings have to resign Fraser and Mitchell,

Then go after 1 of the first four, definitely go after Suter, you move someone if you get him, plain and simple, but I doubt he is available, then I wouldn't mind seeing, Grabovski, Gaustad, and Brodziak brought in...

Richards - Kopitar - Brown (REALLY liked how this line plays, this would only be if they can keep it up)
Gagne - Lotkionov - Williams
Clifford - Grabovski - Richardson
Brodziak - Fraser - Gaustad

EX - Lewis

Doughty - Scuderi
Voynov - Mitchell
Greene - Johnson

EX Martinez

Quick
Bernier
I would love to have one or two of the bolded above signed to address the depth issues on the third and fourth lines.

Old
01-02-2012, 04:33 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Penner and Stoll should be pretty cheap.

Old
01-02-2012, 04:35 PM
johnjm22

LA will become a more attractive place for UFAs if we can solidify ourselves as a contender. No wants to play for a loser.

As for Columbus, I think Nash is their most likely to get moved "big" piece. The org is bleeding cash, Rick is expensive, and it's time to rebuild again. Asking Nash to stay for another rebuild after 9 years is asking a lot. He only has a few years of his prime left. Also they need defense and goaltending, they've got some decent forwards already and should be able to get another good young forward at the draft to replace Nash.

Old
01-02-2012, 04:36 PM
sjmay*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
I would love to have one or two of the bolded above signed to address the depth issues on the third and fourth lines.
Well, I did have Gaustad and Brodziak heh

Old
01-02-2012, 04:41 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmay View Post
Well, I did have Gaustad and Brodziak heh
Oh I know, just throwing in my two cents without drawing up a whole lineup. The one you listed looks pretty good, in my opinion, and it definitely addresses the depth issues on the bottom lines.

The Kings will still need another scoring winger, but the lineup you listed might be able to be more of a "scoring by committee" setup (like my favorite example, the Bruins). There's grit, speed, and talent in those lines.

Old
01-02-2012, 05:49 PM
Johnny Utah

Who have the Sharks, Coyotes or Ducks recently signed that was a top UFA either?

No one wants to come to the Western Conference let alone Southern California....Anyone from Kovalchuk to B. Richards to Aaron Asham....all those guys wanted to stay in the East....

Scott Niedermayer signed in Anaheim because of his brother. Sharks had to trade for Thornton. Ducks had to trade to get Pronger. Coyotes drafted Doan as a Jet. All the top players on our local teams were homegrown or traded for.

Old
01-02-2012, 06:17 PM
BigBrown
They did it again!

Very true. Free agents, especially east coast free agents, don't come out west.

Old
01-02-2012, 06:49 PM
kingsfan28
Viva Los Cucarachas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBrown View Post
Very true. Free agents, especially east coast free agents, don't come out west.
And when they do, we pretty much have to overpay for their services.

Closed Thread