HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Marleau for Comrie

Closed Thread

Old
11-05-2003, 02:18 AM
pepchew

vCash: 500
Marleau for Comrie

Hey Sharks fans,

Don't worry, I'm far from beeing an Oilers fan. I just want to know if you think this trade would be fair value for both sides. Marleau has heaps of potential but he just doesn't seem to be doing much in SJ. Comrie has shown that he can be an excellent player in the NHL (a lot of comparisons to a young Doug Gilmour -he's already had a 30-goal season). Yes, he's small but he's physical and plays with a lot of drive. Both players are around the same age and Comrie would likely sign for what Marleau is making now.

Actually, I don't particularly care for either team (sorry, no offense intended), but I like both players and I'd like to see them reach their potentials.

Just to make it interesting, young Eric Brewer (gold medal Olympian) hasn't been playing all that well and they might be willing to move him. Would you consider a 2-for-2 involving Stuart (he was considered a hopeful for Canada's Olympic team along with Brewer but has really fallen off the map)?

Do you think either the one-for-one proposal or the two-for-two proposal is fair from a Shark's point of view, or would you rather stick with your guys and hope they break out?

Old
11-05-2003, 04:40 AM
McDonald19
Hampus

I would keep Marleau.

Comrie will be traded to Eastern Conference anyway.

Old
11-05-2003, 06:14 AM
Strizzi

This has been discussed many times recently, both here and on the Trade Rumors board.

Old
11-05-2003, 08:40 AM
corbanSOG
Registered Loser

the latest from spector's:

EDMONTON JOURNAL: reported yesterday the Philadelphia Flyers and San Jose Sharks might be the front-runners for Oilers holdout Mike Comrie, which the Atlanta Thrashers and LA Kings are "long-shots". While acknowledging the Flyers are already deep at center, it's believed GM Bob Clarke might be willing to listen to an offer. The Oilers covet promising young blueliners Joni Pitkanen and Jeff Woywitka, but it's unlikely they'll be dealt. It's believed winger Justin Williams might be available. As for the Sharks, they'd like to add more offensive depth at center. If they offered up forward Marco Sturm or one of either Brad Stuart or Scott Hannan that Oilers GM Kevin Lowe might be interested.

i wouldn't give up marleau, sturm, hannan, or stuart for an unsigned comrie. and since when do the sharks need added depth at center? they've got too many centers already. the only players on the sharks that absolutely need to be traded are korky, harvey, and kiprusoff. the impending ufa's are probably gone by the deadline. the sharks young core: untouchable. unless we're getting something tremendous in return. and comrie aint tremendous.

Old
11-05-2003, 08:42 AM
X-SHARKIE

Send a message via AIM to X-SHARKIE
Bernier and Boyes for Comrie is what they'll ask for. Well you guys jump on that?

Old
11-05-2003, 09:20 AM
MarleuFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-SHARKIE
Bernier and Boyes for Comrie is what they'll ask for. Well you guys jump on that?

I would jump all over a
Comrie and a 3rd round pick for Boyes and Damphousse(gettign rid of one center) and Goc

Is that reasonable from my side?

Or how about:

Boyes, Goc, Lynn Loyns for Comrie?
I am still reluctant to trade Bernier although he is kindof having an off season so far

Old
11-05-2003, 09:27 AM
MarleuFan

Quote:

Or how about

Comrie for Fahey, Goc, Boyes?

and then trading

Damphousse for other prospects to replace these?
Or putting Damphousse on a wing somewhere - maybe to pass toComrie.
Is Comrie more of a scorer or a passer?

I think that we kindof got ripped off on Boyes. I think he was more hyped up than he is actually good.

What do you guys think?

Old
11-05-2003, 09:40 AM
Patty Ice
Best in the World

Send a message via AIM to Patty Ice Send a message via MSN to Patty Ice
If Lowe thinks that the Sharks would offer up Sturm and Stuart or Hannan for Comrie, he better pull his head outta you know where. Fahey and Boyes is the highest I go for lil Mikey.

11-05-2003, 09:42 AM
MarleuFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty Ice XXX
If Lowe thinks that the Sharks would offer up Sturm and Stuart or Hannan for Comrie, he better pull his head outta you know where. Fahey and Boyes is the highest I go for lil Mikey.

Is Boyes worth more than Goc?
How do they compare?

Old
11-05-2003, 09:53 AM
landshark
Beat L. A.!

Uh, I'd say Marleau goes no where and this is just a lil' ploy to get a fire lit under the Shark's young core.

I could see the Sharks moving a prospect or two to the Oilers, or perhaps a prospect and Harvey. I wouldn't want to see Bernier moved just yet. Boyes and Harvey should be plenty for a hold-out player the Oilers can't seem to sign.

Old
11-05-2003, 10:04 AM
Baron Von Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarleuFan
Is Boyes worth more than Goc?
How do they compare?
Boyes' value is still higher than Goc. Brad was an outstanding CHLer, and had a great rookie year in the AHL. He's not off to a bad start this year either. He still has the potential of a high end 2nd line setup man.

Goc is relatively unhyped/unknown. Many fans here on HF see him as a bust. He's far from it though. What you have in Marcel is a future 3rd line center with an excellent all around game. He's a great skater, much like Ehrhoff, though no where as fast (with amazing balance as well). He can forecheck and backcheck, play the body (but by no means is he a checker), good passing. He was one of the best prospects at the Rookie Tourney in El Segundo, and had a good camp. I realize he only has 3A's so far in Cleveland, but he should pick it up. He will never score a lot, so don't expect that. I'd say he's going to be a very solid 40 point 3rd liner.

Old
11-05-2003, 05:04 PM
X-SHARKIE

Send a message via AIM to X-SHARKIE
Yea.... Bernier was the guy the Oilers wanted on draft day. He has huge upside and I dont want to see him become one of the premier powerforwards of the leauge while we go Comrie here. Marleau isnt moving, Either is Sturm,Hannan,Stuart ect.
Boyes is a well known Canadien prospect. I think they would like him more then Goc.

I say just ignore the Oilers. Or waite them out and get Comrie for relativly cheap.

Old
11-05-2003, 07:26 PM
MarleuFan

Quote:
Yea.... Bernier was the guy the Oilers wanted on draft day. He has huge upside and I dont want to see him become one of the premier powerforwards of the leauge while we go Comrie here. Marleau isnt moving, Either is Sturm,Hannan,Stuart ect.
Boyes is a well known Canadien prospect. I think they would like him more then Goc.

I say just ignore the Oilers. Or waite them out and get Comrie for relativly cheap.

Actually, although trades are exciting I think I would agree that staying put would be the best choice here.

If anything, I would try to deal not the prospects, but Damphousse/Kipper/Harvey/Korky
although maybe Korky started something good today with that goal and some hits

Closed Thread