HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Notices

Tyutin for Strome and Koskinen

Old
01-02-2012, 10:43 PM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

vCash: 500
I don't expect Snow to acquire the top 4 d-man that we need this season. We're going to be sellers as the trade deadline nears and I wouldn't be surprised if Neilsen and Parenteau are dealt for Snow's favorite commodity - the 2nd round draft pick.

If anything happens, it'll happen in the offseason.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 12:22 AM
WangMustGo
NYI

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
I don't expect Snow to acquire the top 4 d-man that we need this season. We're going to be sellers as the trade deadline nears and I wouldn't be surprised if Neilsen and Parenteau are dealt for Snow's favorite commodity - the 2nd round draft pick.

If anything happens, it'll happen in the offseason.
If Snow only gets a second for Parenteau I will be pretty mad. He is producing at close to a 70 point pace, how many guys like that are available at the deadline? 2 at most? If they are trading both of them I hope its part of a package for a 1st and a good prospect or a bluechip prospect and a good (2nd/3rd) pick.

WangMustGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 12:36 AM
88th Precinct
Pitchfork Acquired

If I'm trading Strome for a d-man, the player coming back had better be on or near the caliber of McQuaid, Sbisa, Carlson or Coburn. I'd add to Strome to make it feasible, in Carlson's case.

Not going to happen, but I think all four of the above d-men would make a bigger impact on the defense than Tyutin.

88th Precinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 01:27 AM
HookeyPookey*

this threads are always incredibly stupid

HookeyPookey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 05:05 AM
mitchy22

I'd like to add Tyutin, but not at the cost of Strome. Let's face it, we've proven that we can't bring in elite level talent via free agency so far. That makes a player with the skill cap of Strome that much more important.

I think of Strome in two ways:
  1. Playmaking winger potential for Tavares
  2. 2nd line center in case Bailey can't provide enough offense at the NHL level.

Also, just to be realistic, Eaton would probably have to be moved.

I'd trade Nino, Eaton and a goalie prospect who isn't named Poulin for Tyutin. Is that enough for Columbus to trade him? It's not like we're talking about a player who doesn't fit there. He's signed @$4.5 million/year for what should be the rest of his most productive years. Considering what players get on the open market, that seems to be fair. Tyutin isn't the problem with that team.

Columbus needs an NHL-proven Ryan Strome. Whenever I complain about our lines and overall roster, I can at least be thankful that I'm not a CBJ fan. That roster literally looks like somebody threw a bunch of hockey cards in a bag and dumped it out. It's just a poor mix of forwards and defenders. I don't see how they can remove Tyutin when their defense makes me thankful for ours.

Just looking at the CBJ roster, I'd say they need this:

A first line playmaking winger.
A top-2 all around d-man
A starting capable NHL goalie
A seasoned top-4 defenseman that can skate
A culture change (I would imagine)
Healthy and performing players signed to significant NHL contracts
Swapping some of the current roster for better fitting pieces of the above

You're not getting all of that easily. I'm sorry, but they made terrible moves in this past offseason; the kinds of additions that NYI fans should be wary about when we want to add salary or move players. The problem with NHL team building is that it literally requires a sense of how the final product will work together. Bringing in players that produce "numbers" is dangerous when you don't understand how they do so.

As in, if you've got Wizniewski on one side, then you need an extremely mobile defender paired up with him. If you bring in Jeff Carter, then also bring in Alex Tanguay or somebody like him to play with him.

The guy they traded for Jeff Carter is the guy they should have envisioned playing next to him well into the future.

When your goaltending becomes shaky, bring in a veteran 1B type.
Why in the ****ing world didn't they try to add Nabokov at the very least?

When your defense really needs a rock at the top, you don't bring in the Wiz and Martinek.

I don't understand what the **** they were thinking. Of course, I ask many similar questions about our franchise, so it's not like I'm throwing rocks in a glass house here. I'm just happy we finally changed our lines.

If I'm a CBJ fan, I'm hoping they're big come this deadline. They still do have a couple of promising young players and legitimate NHLers. They've got a world of prospect depth on defense. They need to try to find takers for a couple of their mismatched players and spend their roster spots and cap space more wisely. If they can't make any major dumps, then they truly need to tweak around the pieces that they can't move with cost-effective players that complement them. A "home run" forward prospect in this coming draft sure as hell would help, as well.

Mitch

Last edited by mitchy22: 01-03-2012 at 05:11 AM.
mitchy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 06:09 AM
NYI78

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
isles have Streit,Hamonic and MacDonald signed through next season.
Staios,Jurcina,Mottou and Eaton are ufas this July.

We'll see 5 Bridgeport youngsters, fighting for 1-2 open spots.

Isles will imo be shopping for a top 4 d-man and maybe a 3rd pairing d-man.Would you guys be on board for a Tyutin for Strome+Koskinen trade?

Tyutin is in the first yr of a 6 yr/$27m contract.He has struggled a bit this season.
mike milbury wouldn't make this deal..this trade would set the islanders back for the next 5 years

NYI78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 08:41 AM
HyeDray
HFB Partner

If Strome is any deal going for a defenseman, that defenseman has to be a true #1. As much as I think Tyutin would help us quite a bit, he is not a #1.

Take Strome out of the deal. I also don't see Snow trading de Haan, Bailey, Nino, Nelson. Those are first round picks and management places a very high premium on them in the course of this build. I just can't see Snow moving them particularly Nino, Bailey, de Haan or Nelson. People see to be forgetting we traded to get Bailey, de Haan and Nelson, and in the case of Nino, we probably selected him a touch high, so it seems obvious we really wanted him. Strome may not have been a reach, but the Islanders could have taken any number of players in that slot.

HyeDray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 08:47 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYI78 View Post
mike milbury wouldn't make this deal..this trade would set the islanders back for the next 5 years
Yrs?

overrate Strome much?Isles have forwards age 24 and younger with top 6 upside:

Tavares
Grabner
KO
Nino

kabanov-old enough for the AHL next season.I expect at least a callup to the nhl at some point next season.

lee-speculation is he'll turn pro this summer.

Nelson-(his coach expects him to
turn pro in the summer of 2013).

isles will also likely have a top 5 pick this summer.

I like Strome,but let's not overrate him guys.He's a very talented prospect.Not an untouchable imo.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 08:52 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookeyPookey View Post
this threads are always incredibly stupid
I hear ya.

I hate it when strangers sneak in,tie me up,drag me to a hf thread and make me read/post.

Damn 'em'

Old
01-03-2012, 08:56 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchy22 View Post
I'd like to add Tyutin, but not at the cost of Strome. Let's face it, we've proven that we can't bring in elite level talent via free agency so far. That makes a player with the skill cap of Strome that much more important.

I think of Strome in two ways:
  1. Playmaking winger potential for Tavares
  2. 2nd line center in case Bailey can't provide enough offense at the NHL level.

Also, just to be realistic, Eaton would probably have to be moved.

I'd trade Nino, Eaton and a goalie prospect who isn't named Poulin for Tyutin. Is that enough for Columbus to trade him? It's not like we're talking about a player who doesn't fit there. He's signed @$4.5 million/year for what should be the rest of his most productive years. Considering what players get on the open market, that seems to be fair. Tyutin isn't the problem with that team.

Columbus needs an NHL-proven Ryan Strome. Whenever I complain about our lines and overall roster, I can at least be thankful that I'm not a CBJ fan. That roster literally looks like somebody threw a bunch of hockey cards in a bag and dumped it out. It's just a poor mix of forwards and defenders. I don't see how they can remove Tyutin when their defense makes me thankful for ours.

Just looking at the CBJ roster, I'd say they need this:

A first line playmaking winger.
A top-2 all around d-man
A starting capable NHL goalie
A seasoned top-4 defenseman that can skate
A culture change (I would imagine)
Healthy and performing players signed to significant NHL contracts
Swapping some of the current roster for better fitting pieces of the above

You're not getting all of that easily. I'm sorry, but they made terrible moves in this past offseason; the kinds of additions that NYI fans should be wary about when we want to add salary or move players. The problem with NHL team building is that it literally requires a sense of how the final product will work together. Bringing in players that produce "numbers" is dangerous when you don't understand how they do so.

As in, if you've got Wizniewski on one side, then you need an extremely mobile defender paired up with him. If you bring in Jeff Carter, then also bring in Alex Tanguay or somebody like him to play with him.

The guy they traded for Jeff Carter is the guy they should have envisioned playing next to him well into the future.

When your goaltending becomes shaky, bring in a veteran 1B type.
Why in the ****ing world didn't they try to add Nabokov at the very least?

When your defense really needs a rock at the top, you don't bring in the Wiz and Martinek.

I don't understand what the **** they were thinking. Of course, I ask many similar questions about our franchise, so it's not like I'm throwing rocks in a glass house here. I'm just happy we finally changed our lines.

If I'm a CBJ fan, I'm hoping they're big come this deadline. They still do have a couple of promising young players and legitimate NHLers. They've got a world of prospect depth on defense. They need to try to find takers for a couple of their mismatched players and spend their roster spots and cap space more wisely. If they can't make any major dumps, then they truly need to tweak around the pieces that they can't move with cost-effective players that complement them. A "home run" forward prospect in this coming draft sure as hell would help, as well.

Mitch
So do you prefer to keep Strome over Nino because you think Strome has the better chance of the two players, to reach his highest potential?Or is it that Nino is nhl ready and would be more appealing to Columbus?

Old
01-03-2012, 09:03 AM
gramatanboy

Wouldn't trade Strome or Nino for Tyutin nor would Garth!! Columbus will most likely look to shed high salaries and The Islanders could acquire Tyutin for draft picks and lesser prospects like Petrov, Lee etc. if they really wanted him in my opinion.

gramatanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 09:37 AM
NYI78

Quote:
Yrs?

Tavares
Grabner
KO
Nino

kabanov-old enough for the AHL next season.I expect at least a callup to the nhl at some point next season.

I like Strome,but let's not overrate him guys.He's a very talented prospect.Not an untouchable imo.
i'm not saying i wouldn't move him..everyone is available to a point...if we did i would want him in a deal for a top pairing dman or a top 6 forward...not FEDOR TYUTIN...trading teenagers is not condusive to long term success...i don't know what strome will become but if this was an actual trade that happened i would no longer like this team because quite frankly its outrageous...only on this board are 18 and 19 years olds good to move out because they aren't sidney crosby..its crazy to the point where the insecurity of this fanbase is Nauseating to the where i don't even open these threads anymore..

Old
01-03-2012, 10:28 AM
StrongIslanders90

I did not know Milbury was here on the Boards......

StrongIslanders90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 10:29 AM
StrongIslanders90

I would move Strome or Nino......but not for Tyutin....

StrongIslanders90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 10:30 AM
Brunomics

Quote:
Yrs?

Tavares
Grabner
KO
Nino

Where did you hear that about Lee? If that happens I'll be a very happy guy as I was petrified we'd lose him because of that loophole.

Brunomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 10:46 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
i'm not saying i wouldn't move him..everyone is available to a point...if we did i would want him in a deal for a top pairing dman or a top 6 forward...not FEDOR TYUTIN...trading teenagers is not condusive to long term success...i don't know what strome will become but if this was an actual trade that happened i would no longer like this team because quite frankly its outrageous...only on this board are 18 and 19 years olds good to move out because they aren't sidney crosby..its crazy to the point where the insecurity of this fanbase is Nauseating to the where i don't even open these threads anymore..
Where in any of my posts,have I said trade Strome because he's not nhl ready or because he's 18/19 yrs old?

I said for the isles to acquire a quality,top 4 d-man still in his prime, was going to cost something that the fanbase would not want to give up.

We know from the failed Erhoff offer last June and Snow's comments early in the season,that Snow's been trying to land a quality,top 4.If he could get one cheaply or even at a fair price,don't you guys think he'd have done so already?

Old
01-03-2012, 10:48 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongIslanders90 View Post
I did not know Milbury was here on the Boards......
Yeah,well since the authorities drop that bogus charge against me,I have moretime to devote to message boards<g>

Old
01-03-2012, 10:54 AM
Mustang2750

This whole thread is a joke right? Please tell me you aren't trying to trade the #5 overall las year for a #4 dman...lol

Strome for Tyutin and Rick Nash would be closer but I probably still wouldn't do it yet

Mustang2750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 10:55 AM
NYI78

Quote:
Where in any of my posts,have I said trade Strome because he's not nhl ready or because he's 18/19 yrs old?

I said for the isles to acquire a quality,top 4 d-man still in his prime, was going to cost something that the fanbase would not want to give up.

We know from the failed Erhoff offer last June and Snow's comments early in the season,that Snow's been trying to land a quality,top 4.If he could get one cheaply or even at a fair price,don't you guys think he'd have done so already?
i agree that you would have to part with a good prospect for a top 4 dman..my point is Tytuin is not that guy

Old
01-03-2012, 11:05 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunomics View Post
Where did you hear that about Lee? If that happens I'll be a very happy guy as I was petrified we'd lose him because of that loophole.
The speculation has come from a couple of articles from sites like pointblank and kuklaskorner.The general opinion on lee seems to be that he is nhl ready and would spend little time in the AHL.

I know he has said he loves college,but I'd have to think it'd be very tough to turn down a pro contract and chance at an nhl roster spot.

Old
01-03-2012, 11:11 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang2750 View Post
This whole thread is a joke right? Please tell me you aren't trying to trade the #5 overall las year for a #4 dman...lol

Strome for Tyutin and Rick Nash would be closer but I probably still wouldn't do it yet

So you wouldn't bite on Strome for Tyutin+Nash?

lol..wow,you guys seriously overrate Strome.

Old
01-03-2012, 11:17 AM
Isles72

would love to aquire Tyutin for the right price .

I can see where your headed with this trade idea though Crew (top 4 dont grow on trees,high end ufa d wont sign with us etc..)but Strome seems like a stiff price to pay.

Isles72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 11:19 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
i agree that you would have to part with a good prospect for a top 4 dman..my point is Tytuin is not that guy
That point I can understand.

What I don't understand are the fans who curse because Snow won't bring in a quality,top 4 blueliner,then turn around with a long list of youngsters who they insist not be traded.
Want a quality,top 4 blueliner,still in his prime and signed for several yrs?Then expect to give up value.

Don't want to trade top prospects or quality,young nhlers?Then look forward to more 2nd tier ufas and over the hill vets.

Old
01-03-2012, 11:48 AM
NYI78

Quote:
So you wouldn't bite on Strome for Tyutin+Nash?

lol..wow,you guys seriously overrate Strome.
throwing nash in the deal changes the entire outlook of the deal.

i would do something like

strome
lee
bailey
pick

nash
tyutin

Old
01-03-2012, 12:23 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
throwing nash in the deal changes the entire outlook of the deal.

i would do something like

strome
lee
bailey
pick

nash
tyutin
Oh I think we all agree,that Wang would not ok adding Nash's $7.8m per yr salary.

I'm just amused by Mustang2750's comment, that he probably wouldn't trade Strome for Tyutin+Nash (yet)..