HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

#40: Kings v. Avalanche, 1/2/12, S/O Loss, thoughts & tidbits, *** Ref's

Old
01-03-2012, 01:21 AM
TwoForRoughing
Let's do it again!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kopi11 View Post
After they showed the ice level angle, I though it was going to be overturned without a problem. Then that ********. I still don't believe it. Mike Murphy really must be upset about not getting the job as GM.

Added to the list (Going off memory. Not sure if completely accurate)

Ryan Smyth goal disallowed in Calgary - 1 goal loss
Hanzel's (Can't remember what Yote it was) goal ruled good goal and the worst part was that it was agreed upon by Mike. - 2 goal loss
Voynov + Brown goal disallowed in Dallas - 2 goal win
Williams goal disallowed against Colorado - 1 goal loss
Don't forget the TWO goals that should've been counted in Ottawa last year. Brutal.

TwoForRoughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 01:30 AM
kingsfan28
Viva Los Cucarachas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel11 View Post
Everyone was is disbelief when they waved off the goal. ****in Toronto.
not Mike Murphy.
“It was a 2D replay played on 3D ice?" what the hell does that mean... we now need a 3d camera to get the right call? Someone call James Cameron asap!

kingsfan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 01:31 AM
KingsKnight
Reclaimed the Crown

Well...that stunk. We still get a point which is good, and we played well most of the game, but we need to finish in more than one way...with goals and with games. I like how we're playing more up the middle on 5 on 5, but why go back to perimeter play on the pp? Let's use that extra man to muck things up in the middle and make it less predictable. We can always have him pull back and get some movement to spread out the defense. Anyways, on to the next game, and let's see some better finish.

KingsKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 01:34 AM
deeshamrock

The Kings PP is dead. They've used the same #1 unit for ,most of the year. since it's not working at all, why doesn't DS move some of the personnel around? Why could it hurt, they're not scoring now. Mabye putting fresh blood on the 1st unit might work. They need to do something, it's embarrasing to be so bad.

And Richards need to be moved back to center. He's a natural center and moving to wing doesn't work for him. He rarely did that in Philly and usually it was for a shift or two. Briere and Carter played wing for long streches of the season but not MR.
I nthe Olympics he had no choice , he was the last forward chosen and slotted there.
He said after the canucks game when asked he struggled in the beg. to get adjusted and Brown mentioned it today in the pregame, that Richards told him he was straying back to center and forgetting where he should be.
MR had a bad game tonight and I think some of it due to him thinking on where he should be and adjusting instead of just playing without having to think.
Hopefully, DS moves him back ...soon.

deeshamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 01:45 AM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

First bad game for Richie. Don't blame him, he probably needs more time to adjust to LW.

Cruel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 02:04 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

On the upside of things I like the way Loktionov has been playing since he got back in the lineup. I think Sutter does as well.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 02:18 AM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Just got back from the game.

I'm not going to comment on the referees as many of you already have, with enough vitriol to make me think you are converted Canuck fans.

Bottom line (you can say this for the season too) is that we just don't score enough. One goal is just waiting to be tied up with one mistake, and that's exactly what happened, with Clifford's turnover in the defensive zone.

And a 4-on-3 power play with 1:35 is a gift fully wrapped by Colorado, and we sucked on it as badly as you can imagine.

One point is one point, and again I will take it, but this was a hard pill to swallow as I was walking out of Staples.

We...have...to...find...a...scorer!

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 02:32 AM
cheap77
Go Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
I'm not going to comment on the referees as many of you already have, with enough vitriol to make me think you are converted Canuck fans.
Not the Refs. Toronto is the problem here.

cheap77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 03:32 AM
lak4ever

Where is this Kopitar?

lak4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 04:07 AM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Kings goals per game has fallen from 2.125 under Terry Murray to just 2.00 under Sutter. Considering he is 5-0-3 as head coach, I am very pleased but is there a reason for this? Kings seem to outplaying the other teams pretty much every game, but they do not seem to be scoring anymore than under Murray. I have been unable to catch most of the recent games (other than the Kings game in WPG obviously, where both teams had little offense) so I am just curious.

Holden Caulfield is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 05:59 AM
FrozenRoyalty
HFB Partner

Frozen Royalty Audio: Varlamov, Avalanche, Steal 2-1 Shootout Win From LA Kings

Frozen Royalty Audio: Varlamov, Avalanche, Steal 2-1 Shootout Win From LA Kings

FrozenRoyalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 06:07 AM
BringTheReign

I thought the only King that didn't play well was Clifford, he looked very unsure of what he was doing.

The most glaring weakness and reason why we lost the extra point was our power play, regardless of the disallowed goal. We need to fire Kompon.

BringTheReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 06:51 AM
Monarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
Pretty sure he see's it. The damn toilet cleaner in staples center knows the Kings need another scoring winger.

That doesn't mean any are available, Teams may not be ready to blow up the roster just yet.
They say the Kings are the most disappointing team "in the West," but there's more than Washington failing in the East. Montreal and Buffalo have the smallest forwards in the NHL, I can see Penner going there. Buffalo is running out of time to make a move to save their season. Their biggest weakness is at center. Maybe they could use Stoll? Penner and Stoll and ??? for...Pominville?

Monarchist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 07:04 AM
deeshamrock

Quote:
First bad game for Richie. Don't blame him, he probably needs more time to adjust to LW.
He was terrible. And as for more time to 'adjust', that's unlikely to happen . He's not comfortable there and didn't play there in philly for that reason. Sutter hopefully will see this and put him back to center. I'd put Williams with him and Stoll for now.
But the longer they keep him at wing, the more games they will eventually lose. It leaves them without a true second line center. He' plays a stronger, more creative game at his natural position, this won't happen on wing.

Old
01-03-2012, 08:47 AM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Kings goals per game has fallen from 2.125 under Terry Murray to just 2.00 under Sutter. Considering he is 5-0-3 as head coach, I am very pleased but is there a reason for this? Kings seem to outplaying the other teams pretty much every game, but they do not seem to be scoring anymore than under Murray. I have been unable to catch most of the recent games (other than the Kings game in WPG obviously, where both teams had little offense) so I am just curious.
It's the human cockroach Jamie Kompon. I expect him to be fired today but I've expected him to be fired every day for the past 3 years and it hasn't happened.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 09:05 AM
deeshamrock

Quote:
It's the human cockroach Jamie Kompon. I expect him to be fired today but I've expected him to be fired every day for the past 3 years and it hasn't happened.
If the fans, for the most part, can see this ,that Kompton's lack of offensive planning bot h5 x 5 and PP don't work, why can't the coach and GM?
I understand part of what Sutter said when he said that he'd keep the staff because of famiarity ,but a part of me hopes that is because they are looking for somebody

It is hard to change systems during the year, but it can work. When Lavvy took over the Flyers , he put in a radical change, 360 from their old system. And they did lose games while they got used to it,but by the time the playoffs rolled around, they were working it well.

That has to happen and not as radical...but they need a creative, fresh mind to organize this team.

And they needed an elite winger

Old
01-03-2012, 09:53 AM
sjmay*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
We're blaming Penner now? Again?

Both the Kopitar line and the Stoll line are out there working hard, but they have such obvious chemistry issues it's mind boggling how they aren't split up. They're playing as individuals instead of cohesive offensive units. Williams is hogging the puck, Penner doesn't know what to do with himself while he's waiting for Williams to either get stripped or get his shot/pass blocked. Brown is a vortex of suck that saps all skill from Kopitar. The only goal Kopitar has scored in nearly 20 games was when Brown was on the bench. How do the coaches not see this stuff?

And I'll keep saying it because I can't believe it: How does Kompon still have a job? How does an assistant coach that runs one of the ********* powerplays in the league survive TWO head coaches being fired? It defies all logic.
Are we watching the same game????

Kopitar and Brown have OBVIOUS chemistry, that's how the first goal was scored.

Stoll's line hemmed in the Avs numerous times and is showing obvious chemistry...

Wow....one game...seriously? Give your head a shake...

sjmay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 10:36 AM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by lak4ever View Post
Where is this Kopitar?

I was hoping for this myself...he hasn't tried this in a while.

Old
01-03-2012, 10:41 AM
Defgarden

Kings played well most of the game. Certainly well enough to win. Disallowed goal, a lot of near misses, but some dominate play for a good portion of the game. I liked what I saw, other than the outcome.

I'll take 5-0-3 so far.

Defgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 10:43 AM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
If it's your opinion that a coach should be fired for not delivering what he is supposed to be delivering, that's fine, but to call someone a "cockroach" without knowing him personally is a bit much I think.

A change probably does have to be made, and soon. If not the coach, then at least the philosophy. I saw a lot of indecision on the part of Doughty and Kopitar on the power play last night.

Old
01-03-2012, 10:58 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Does anyone have a link to the disallowed goal? I can't find it on youtube.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 10:59 AM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
I can't link or even check for you since I a$ mobile, buit have you checked NHL.com?

Gentle Ben Kenobi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 11:08 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
I can't link or even check for you since I a$ mobile, buit have you checked NHL.com?
It's not in the game highlights, and if it's anywhere else on the site I can't find it through all of the Winter Classic stuff.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 11:12 AM
Monarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
If it's your opinion that a coach should be fired for not delivering what he is supposed to be delivering, that's fine, but to call someone a "cockroach" without knowing him personally is a bit much I think.
It means that he can survive two head coaching changes, a nuclear winter, and anything else. Whether or not he eats garbage or has six legs or anything isn't the reason for the nickname.

Monarchist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 12:37 PM
hauspaint
what? Kings WON?!

Oh.. when will DS go up to DL and say..

and then..

hauspaint is offline   Reply With Quote