HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Capitals at Blue Jackets 12/31 7:00 EST, FSOhio. "Annus Horribilis" Edition

Old
01-03-2012, 09:37 AM
blahblah

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1857 Howitzer View Post
Thanks Blah, she had a great time time and we were able to stay for the whole game. There are a few early start times in February and March and I hope to be able to take her to them and then a little more often next season.
I still have to take my nephew to a game and teach him the rules for scouts. Should be fun.

Glad you were able to stay the entire game.

Quote:
Here is her Christmas photo for anyone that cares.
Proud papa, as you should be. Love that age, reminds me of when my niece was that age... Great times...

Of course, so far I have found them all to be nice ages.. lol

She's eight now.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 09:59 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post

Of course, so far I have found them all to be nice ages.. lol

She's eight now.

Very pretty little girl! You're right that all ages are nice, blah, but all can have their perils and concerns, as well. Just about when you think you have your worries under control, they head out on their own and create a whole new set of issues! My daughter is grown, but I see a bit of her in all of the kids pics you proud parents post. Time passes much faster than you think, so enjoy all the ages, stages, and moments you have. Make that the one resolution you keep, this year.

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 10:00 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1857 Howitzer View Post
I have had my own problems with how STHs are treated and how bad the ticket reps are but I would like to pass along a good experience that I had this year.

My daughter's 1st birthday was on 12/16 and since the Jackets were playing at home on the 15th we decided to bring her to her first regular season Jackets game. The day before the game I sent my rep an email asking if he could get a Happy 1st Birthday wish to my daughter put on the scoreboard. He replied back and said it was all taken care of and wanted to know if I would be in our STH seats for the night because he wanted to stop by and wish her a happy birthday.

Very early in the 1st period my rep showed up at my seats introduced himself to me and my wife and wished Reagan a happy birthday and asked if we would like to watch the rest of the game from a suite. We accepted the tickets and he walked us down to the suite that was fully stocked with food and drinks. A number of reps from the team stopped by and thanked us for being STHs and to wish Reagan a happy birthday and during the 1st intermission the birthday message I had asked for was displayed on the scoreboard.

This was something that they did not have to do but it was very nice of them and really help make her first game and first birthday a memorable one.

Here is a photo of her in her Jackets gear before the game.

Beautiful child

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote