HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Injury Talk 3.0: Gionta out indefinitely (bicep tear)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-02-2012, 01:21 PM
  #676
Kingbobert
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Kingbobert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Greece
Posts: 4,656
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClasslessGuy View Post
Markov is not expected to play before the all star break confirmed again by Gauthier
considering the bs gauthier has been spewing all year about the injury just to satisfy fans and media, i wont believe anything until markov is on the ice or bench once the puck drops

-will miss a handful of games
-should be back before november
-will be back by december
-should be after western trip
-will have surgery and be gone 3 to 4 weeks (jan 8th the latest with that timeframe)
-will be gone 4 to 6 weeks (jan 25 with that time frame)
-will be gone till after the ASG (february)

Kingbobert is offline  
Old
01-02-2012, 01:25 PM
  #677
gusfring
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,207
vCash: 500
Same here. I think they have no clue when he will be back.

gusfring is offline  
Old
01-02-2012, 01:58 PM
  #678
Habitant#1
Registered User
 
Habitant#1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Brisbane
Country: Australia
Posts: 1,360
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingbobert View Post
considering the bs gauthier has been spewing all year about the injury just to satisfy fans and media, i wont believe anything until markov is on the ice or bench once the puck drops

-will miss a handful of games
-should be back before november
-will be back by december
-should be after western trip
-will have surgery and be gone 3 to 4 weeks (jan 8th the latest with that timeframe)
-will be gone 4 to 6 weeks (jan 25 with that time frame)
-will be gone till after the ASG (february)
I don't like Gauthier at all, but there's no reason to believe he's deliberatly misleading everyone.

This is just the nature of medicine. Prognosis changes often, sometimes daily and sometimes even hourly. There are never any guarantees.

Habitant#1 is offline  
Old
01-02-2012, 03:41 PM
  #679
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole
 
Munchausen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Stuck in traffic
Posts: 5,330
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by haburger View Post
i believe he is serious.and he is also right.it goes for anything in life,,if you dont like it then GET OUT!personally i support the team no matter what and i m tired of all the whining and complaining year after year.so go do sumthin else bro.we dont need flaky fans who bail when things dont go right.
I'd like to start a business where I can ram my product down people throats and they'd always keep coming back for more no matter the quality of said product. I believe the technical term for such clients is "suckers".

That "no matter what" BS has got to stop it's embarassing. Go tell that to the folks who live in Long Island or the ones who were in Chicago before Dollar Bill Wirtz who owned the team passed.

My boss used to say it's not because people ask you to bend over that you have to provide lubricant. A little on the vulgar side, but still very true.

That being said, I think this ownership cares about what people want, so I'm willing to give them a fair shot and not hop on the drama queen wagon just yet.

Munchausen is offline  
Old
01-03-2012, 07:54 AM
  #680
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 32,905
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitant#1 View Post
I don't like Gauthier at all, but there's no reason to believe he's deliberatly misleading everyone.

This is just the nature of medicine. Prognosis changes often, sometimes daily and sometimes even hourly. There are never any guarantees.
Then have a plan B, that's your responsibility as a GM. Don't go sign Chris Campoli with an exhibition game left and make people believe it's just some added depth. Gauthier ****ed up and he knew it but when he offered a contract to Markov, he should have still tried to sign a solid D during FA, which he didn't. Gauthier is a moron and should be fired, the more he talks the more this franchise looks like a joke

Habs 4 Life is offline  
Old
01-03-2012, 10:17 AM
  #681
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,646
vCash: 500
Gionta back on the ice with his teammates...but wearing no contact jersey per hockeyinsideout

Edit: Gionta is back and wearing a regular jersey.

Andy is offline  
Old
01-03-2012, 10:20 AM
  #682
Bill McNeal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,292
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Gionta back on the ice with his teammates...but wearing no contact jersey per hockeyinsideout
Says he's not wearing a non-contact jersey. Not sure why they phrased it like that though.

Stubbs says it much more clearly on Twitter:

Dave Stubbs @habsinsideout1 34m Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Gionta in a regular jersey for #Habs practice. We'll see if he sticks around

Bill McNeal is offline  
Old
01-03-2012, 10:22 AM
  #683
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,646
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill McNeal View Post
Says he's not wearing a non-contact jersey. Not sure why they phrased it like that though.

Stubbs says is much more clearly on Twitter:

Dave Stubbs @habsinsideout1 34m Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Gionta in a regular jersey for #Habs practice. We'll see if he sticks around
Wow, what a terrible way to phrase that sentence...I'll edit my post lol.

That said, the team could really use Gionta. Even if he doesn't score he's a great matchup guy, he's very solid defensively.

Andy is offline  
Old
01-03-2012, 10:23 AM
  #684
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!
 
Le Tricolore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 27,189
vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill McNeal View Post
Says he's not wearing a non-contact jersey. Not sure why they phrased it like that though.

Stubbs says is much more clearly on Twitter:

Dave Stubbs @habsinsideout1 34m Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Gionta in a regular jersey for #Habs practice. We'll see if he sticks around
Then he posted that he has been sticking around. Hopefully Gionta can play tomorrow.

Le Tricolore is online now  
Old
01-03-2012, 11:24 AM
  #685
Beendair Donedat
Registered User
 
Beendair Donedat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,654
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandR View Post
Off-topic but...

If you buy a $50-plus ticket to see a concert at the Bell Centre you expect to see a show of some minimum level of quality. If, for example, the band/performer shows up late, shows little interest and plays like crap, you'd be within your rights to complain and so would everybody else attending.
I don't see why paying to watch the local professional sports team at the Bell Centre is any different.
Fans do have a right to expect a minimal level of quality for paying premium prices for tickets. From the team side of the equation, this means that the team does owe its fans something in exchange for the premium price that they are
charging those fans to attend their games.

The Canadiens have the luxury of having a huge and die-hard fan
base; to keep that they are indeed obligated to do their best to put out a product worthy of the $2 million
that the club earns in revenue from each home game.

I agree with what you are implying
from the perspective of fans
though. If fans aren't satisfied with
what they are seeing on the ice
then they should indeed stop
buying tickets and
merchandise.
Thank you, great post!

Beendair Donedat is offline  
Old
01-03-2012, 11:30 AM
  #686
Beendair Donedat
Registered User
 
Beendair Donedat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,654
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by haburger View Post
i believe he is serious.and he is also right.it goes for anything in life,,if you dont like it then GET OUT!personally i support the team no matter what and i m tired of all the whining and complaining year after year.so go do sumthin else bro.we dont need flaky fans who bail when things dont go right.
Who's bailing? I'm fed up with the mismanagement of this club. As a fan I pay a lot of money to travel to watch Habs games and I expect that if I'm charged a premium price, I should be given a premium effort in return. Can you say that has been the case for the past few years and especially this year? Being a sheep might be your idea of a good time but it isn't mine. Do you invest in failing businesses because of personal reasons? Great way to go broke. I'll always be a Habs fan, but if you're satisfied with the mess that they've Become as a fan, than I feel sorry for you. The only positive thing to emerge from this fiasco is a high end draft pick this year.

Beendair Donedat is offline  
Old
01-03-2012, 12:12 PM
  #687
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 22,665
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandR View Post
Off-topic but...

If you buy a $50-plus ticket to see a concert at the Bell Centre you expect to see a show of some minimum level of quality. If, for example, the band/performer shows up late, shows little interest and plays like crap, you'd be within your rights to complain and so would everybody else attending.

I don't see why paying to watch the local professional sports team at the Bell Centre is any different. Fans do have a right to expect a minimal level of quality for paying premium prices for tickets. From the team side of the equation, this means that the team does owe its fans something in exchange for the premium price that they are charging those fans to attend their games.

The Canadiens have the luxury of having a huge and die-hard fan base; to keep that they are indeed obligated to do their best to put out a product worthy of the $2 million that the club earns in revenue from each home game.

I agree with what you are implying from the perspective of fans though. If fans aren't satisfied with what they are seeing on the ice then they should indeed stop buying tickets and merchandise.
Sure, in the event that the band shows up late and performs poorly due to being drunk or from simply being uninspired, then sure, boo them.
When you pay to see the Habs however, a team that many consider mediocre, and some had placed outside the POs, then no, you have no right to boo them because you don't enjoy what you're seeing.
Sadly, there is no way to really predict how a mid range team will perform the following season. Injuries also happen which will decrease the quality of the team. If the guitarist hurts breaks his hand, I'm pretty sure they will cancel the show if he's a key element of the band. Doesn't work that way in hockey.

And no, management doesn't owe anything to the fans. Our fans are supposed to be the smartest around, so when they hear the owner or president say we have a team that can challenge for the cup, they should be able to use that smartness to realize that management is wrong. Knowing that, on top of playing in a defensive system, should make those super smart fans we have understand the spectacle is likely not to be all that much entertaining.
At the same time though, a smart hockey fan will be able to appreciate defensive systems as it truly is an interesting structure to watch.

You pay to go watch a hockey game. You're well aware that some games can be boring. So, if it does end up being a crappy one, too bad. I don't have a problem with people that want to boo. I think it's stupid, useless and unproductive to boo your own team and their players, but if some feel the need to do so because they can't control their frustration, then fine. I have a problem with fans thinking they are so important that they actually feel they are owed something.

''We owe it to the fans'' is an old crap cliché that fans actually bought into. They owe it to themselves and that's it.

Kriss E is offline  
Old
01-03-2012, 12:21 PM
  #688
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 32,935
vCash: 500
Awards:
Let's take off-topic discussions to PM's or to the appropriate thread. This topic is for injury news and updates, and discussion thereof. Thanks

hototogisu is offline  
Old
01-03-2012, 12:39 PM
  #689
holyhabs87
Registered User
 
holyhabs87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 4,799
vCash: 2009
@habsinsideout1 Dave Stubbs
No Gionta tomorrow for #Habs

People saying Saturday is more likely.

holyhabs87 is offline  
Old
01-05-2012, 07:59 PM
  #690
Gally11
Registered User
 
Gally11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: St. John's
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,571
vCash: 500
Was there any news after Markov met with his doctor last week?

Gally11 is offline  
Old
01-05-2012, 08:05 PM
  #691
29dryden29
Registered User
 
29dryden29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: London Ont
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,617
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whereabouts Unknown View Post
Was there any news after Markov met with his doctor last week?
Same garbage as always no specific date for return yadda yadda. He isn't coming back this season which I said back early in the year but people scoffed. I speak from experiance on the injury he recieved andyet people again scoffed and said well your DR must have been crap etc yet here we are after Dec and still no Markov oh but that is right I have no idea what I am talking about lol.

29dryden29 is offline  
Old
01-05-2012, 09:01 PM
  #692
BLONG7
Registered User
 
BLONG7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 12,256
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 29dryden29 View Post
Same garbage as always no specific date for return yadda yadda. He isn't coming back this season which I said back early in the year but people scoffed. I speak from experiance on the injury he recieved andyet people again scoffed and said well your DR must have been crap etc yet here we are after Dec and still no Markov oh but that is right I have no idea what I am talking about lol.
Now you sound like Recchi...

All jokes aside, frustrating for sure on Markov, I am hoping he will play on Superbowl Weekend...I am going up for both games...key word here is hoping...

BLONG7 is offline  
Old
01-05-2012, 09:03 PM
  #693
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beendair Donedat View Post
Great logic. That's worked well for teams like the Kansas City Scouts, Atlanta Thrashers and soon the Phoenix Coyotes.

Are you serious with that comment? Because sarcasm doesn't always translate well on the internet.
I don't know are you? Sound logic comparing a team with a winning history and that never loses money to a team with no winning history that well.. doesn't make money.

The habs aren't going anywhere, whether you and all these other folks care to watch or not others will.

neofury* is offline  
Old
01-05-2012, 09:18 PM
  #694
Hugo Sham
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Montreal
Posts: 10,050
vCash: 500
the latest news on markov is not before the ASG and not before February. he hasn't even started to skate yet

Hugo Sham is offline  
Old
01-05-2012, 09:24 PM
  #695
Toastman
Registered User
 
Toastman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,592
vCash: 500
Who's Andrei Markov?

Toastman is offline  
Old
01-05-2012, 09:26 PM
  #696
Kingbobert
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Kingbobert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Greece
Posts: 4,656
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
the latest news on markov is not before the ASG and not before February. he hasn't even started to skate yet
we're at 4 of the 6 weeks gauthier revised his original 3-4 weeks....
man markov and meehan really took gautheir for a spin...god damn confrontation avoiding tree hugging vegan caved

is our medical staff this bad or is gauthier this bad? hmmm
i mean if you know his knee was in that condition and there's a risk he might be out this long WTF...

good for gorges agent in getting him that big contract even if gorges would of agreed to less in the summer....he only got one and hasent missed a game and markov got 3 years and looks like he's going to miss the season...

in situations like this the player should owe the team the time missed

Kingbobert is offline  
Old
01-05-2012, 09:51 PM
  #697
The Gal Pals
Breaking Hab
 
The Gal Pals's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,822
vCash: 1549
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toastman View Post
Who's Andrei Markov?
U must be mistaken. His name is Andrei Makarov. He's a really good russian goalie.

The Gal Pals is offline  
Old
01-05-2012, 10:23 PM
  #698
MJN79
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 253
vCash: 500
I find the Markov fiasco to be a real joke, nothing against Markov personally because its a serious injury but as an organization, its been a situation that has been handled poorly. Makes the Habs look like a Mickey Mouse team.

He should be back after the ASG, he hasn't even started skating, this means he is far away from contact practices. I think he comes back after the trade deadline.

MJN79 is online now  
Old
01-06-2012, 12:20 AM
  #699
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty
 
Born in 1909's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,692
vCash: 500
Not quite sure why so many fans are so angry at management...

?????

Fact: Both Markov and Gorges had surgery last year.

Fact: Markov unfortunately suffered complications while Gorges didn't.

Fact: Markov is an excellent NHL D man who is doing what he can to return at 100%

A little Zen from the fanbase is in order

Born in 1909 is offline  
Old
01-06-2012, 06:07 AM
  #700
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,375
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born in 1909 View Post
Not quite sure why so many fans are so angry at management...

?????

Fact: Both Markov and Gorges had surgery last year.

Fact: Markov unfortunately suffered complications while Gorges didn't.

Fact: Markov is an excellent NHL D man who is doing what he can to return at 100%

A little Zen from the fanbase is in order
I agree with what you're saying, but the whole secrecy about it is pretty annoying.

Why did an arthroscopic surgery keep him off skates for a month? Normally it's a minor procedure where the patient can walk out of the hospital and get back to activity within a week to 10 days(rehab). The first prognosis was 2-4 weeks which sounds about right but for some reason he had to go see Dr.Andrews this past week before starting strenuous activity.

Monctonscout is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:29 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.