HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Oilers recall Josh Green and Colten Teubert from OKC

Old
01-03-2012, 06:53 AM
Auguste Escoffier

vCash: 500
Oilers recall Josh Green and Colten Teubert from OKC

Quote:
The #Oilers have recalled centre Josh Green and defenceman Colten Teubert from the Oklahoma City Barons of the American Hockey League.

@NHL_Oilers
https://twitter.com/#!/NHL_Oilers/st...55128155422720

Auguste Escoffier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 06:58 AM
nsoilfan

Good to see green get a call up

nsoilfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 07:36 AM
SephF
Visually Better

I hope Gilbert and RNH aren't out for too long, this could get ugly.

SephF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 08:34 AM
Hans Moleman
Was saying Boortuzzi

I have no clue who Colten Teubert is playing for on any given day, OKC or Edmonton.

Hans Moleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 09:38 AM
CupofOil
Visually, we suck.

Green instead of O'Marra? I find that odd, why not give O'Marra another look? He played really well in his last call-up and brings a much needed physical presence, why not see what we have in him? Green has no future here.

CupofOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 09:41 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 50
I like the callups. As for why give Green a call? Weren't people complaining that we promised Giroux some NHL time last year and he didn't get it til late? Well here it is, we give Green the time and now we don't have to hear that we lied to yet another UFA.

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 10:01 AM
Hemsky4PM

Green has more NHL games under his belt than any other player on OKC. Good decision IMO. He's a reliable bottom 6 forward who can kill penalties if needed. What the Oilers really need is for Gagner, Horcoff, Belanger and Lander to step it up.

Green has been the Barons best overall player this year.

I really hope Gilbert and RNH aren't out for longer than 5-10 games.

Hemsky4PM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 10:06 AM
frag2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
Green instead of O'Marra? I find that odd, why not give O'Marra another look? He played really well in his last call-up and brings a much needed physical presence, why not see what we have in him? Green has no future here.
Maybe O'Marra plays an integral part in OKC

Losing Green in OKC might not be as bad as losing O'Marra. No idea. Oilers are "rebuild" so I suppose Tambo feels they can "take the loss" should that happen-OKC is winning and they probably want to maintain that atmosphere.

frag2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 10:17 AM
Hemsky4PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frag2 View Post
Maybe O'Marra plays an integral part in OKC

Losing Green in OKC might not be as bad as losing O'Marra. No idea. Oilers are "rebuild" so I suppose Tambo feels they can "take the loss" should that happen-OKC is winning and they probably want to maintain that atmosphere.
Green has more goals and points than O'Marra, for all we know he's been better on faceoffs as well.

Hemsky4PM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 10:20 AM
bewbies

Green has been the best player on OKC this year by a pretty good margin. He works hard both ways and very rarely makes mistakes, plus he's a pretty solid playmaker. O'Marra is about the same level defensively (IMO) but doesn't have nearly the offensive ability right now, though he is quite a bit faster. Green is also a pretty solid faceoff guy.

In related news the Barons first line combos of MPS/Green/Keller/Brule/Harti are probably better than half the fourth lines in the NHL. Organizational depth ++.

bewbies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 10:24 AM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky4PM View Post
Green has more goals and points than O'Marra, for all we know he's been better on faceoffs as well.
I was under the impression that O'Marra has been quite good at faceoffs, but I don't think it matters as Green probably plays wing when up here.

Old
01-03-2012, 11:04 AM
LaGu

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
I like the callups. As for why give Green a call? Weren't people complaining that we promised Giroux some NHL time last year and he didn't get it til late? Well here it is, we give Green the time and now we don't have to hear that we lied to yet another UFA.
Agree completely. I am inclined to think Green won't cut it in the end but he definitely deserves a shot, expecially considering our performance of late. I basically felt the same about Giroux last year.

LaGu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 11:07 AM
awesomo
HARD!

Who they gonna call up when hemsky gets destroyed by reghrer tonight

awesomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 11:08 AM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaGu View Post
Agree completely. I am inclined to think Green won't cut it in the end but he definitely deserves a shot, expecially considering our performance of late. I basically felt the same about Giroux last year.
I honestly don't care one way or another. What are our 4th liners getting 6-8 minutes a night? I would've been okay with Green or O'Marra, but I don't see the need to question why it was one or the other.

At least management is leaving MPS in OKC longer, is that not what we want to see at this point?

Old
01-03-2012, 11:08 AM
LaGu

Quote:
I was under the impression that O'Marra has been quite good at faceoffs, but I don't think it matters as Green probably plays wing when up here.
Is this true? I have not found any info on his FO% in the AHL and the only time he played more than 3 games in NHL he was at 42.1 in FO% (last season).

Quote:
At least management is leaving MPS in OKC longer, is that not what we want to see at this point?
He definitely needs more time. I think (or hope) that they have been straight with him that he will stay down for at least x games to find his form. Especially since he's a slow starter wherever he plays (according to himself). It would make no sense for the organization to begin calling him and and then sending him down again.

Old
01-03-2012, 11:38 AM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

Quote:
I completely agree with this and I like the green callup as he provides a solid veteran presence for the team. Although I would still really like to see O'Marra up here so teh organization can make a proper decision on him this summer.

Reimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 11:54 AM
czar99

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomo View Post
Who they gonna call up when hemsky gets destroyed by reghrer tonight
reghrer is done with Hemsky. Time to move onto Hall.

czar99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 11:56 AM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaGu View Post
Is this true? I have not found any info on his FO% in the AHL and the only time he played more than 3 games in NHL he was at 42.1 in FO% (last season).

He definitely needs more time. I think (or hope) that they have been straight with him that he will stay down for at least x games to find his form. Especially since he's a slow starter wherever he plays (according to himself). It would make no sense for the organization to begin calling him and and then sending him down again.
Gregor has mentioned a few times how O'Marra is 60% in the AHL. Whether or not that is an exact number I don't know. Just because he is 42% in the NHL doesn't mean he is 42% in the AHL either.

Old
01-03-2012, 11:58 AM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reimer View Post
I completely agree with this and I like the green callup as he provides a solid veteran presence for the team. Although I would still really like to see O'Marra up here so teh organization can make a proper decision on him this summer.
O'Marra really isn't going to be any better than a 4th line center at best in the NHL. I don't really know if we need to see more of him. He'd be a good addition in OKC next year, but if he isn't there I'm sure he can be replaced quite easily.

Old
01-03-2012, 12:02 PM
bewbies

Green and O'M are both excellent faceoff men in the AHL. My girlfriend has been tracking FOWs for the team/league in several games this season so I always get a serious in depth review of who did what on faceoffs regardless of my interest in the topic. Both were 6-1 on Saturday, by the way.

Also you all should know that Oilers AHL faceoff numbers are being compiled by a volunteer girl who is a lawyer by day and had no interest in or experience with hockey prior to last season. Full disclosure and all that.

bewbies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 12:04 PM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

Quote:
O'Marra really isn't going to be any better than a 4th line center at best in the NHL. I don't really know if we need to see more of him. He'd be a good addition in OKC next year, but if he isn't there I'm sure he can be replaced quite easily.
I'm sure he could be too, but why give away something you already have. There is a big difference between run of the mill 4th liners and legit 4th liners. Just hope we aren't giving away a legit 4th liner in O'Marra.

Old
01-03-2012, 12:09 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
I'm sure he could be too, but why give away something you already have. There is a big difference between run of the mill 4th liners and legit 4th liners. Just hope we aren't giving away a legit 4th liner in O'Marra.
Is it honestly worth the 5 years worth of development that we'll have in him though? I don't think he's a legit guy yet TBH, maybe on the Oilers but not on most NHL teams. Guys like him can be found on the free agent market for next to nothing.

Old
01-03-2012, 12:34 PM
LaGu

Quote:
Originally Posted by bewbies View Post
Green and O'M are both excellent faceoff men in the AHL. My girlfriend has been tracking FOWs for the team/league in several games this season so I always get a serious in depth review of who did what on faceoffs regardless of my interest in the topic. Both were 6-1 on Saturday, by the way.

Also you all should know that Oilers AHL faceoff numbers are being compiled by a volunteer girl who is a lawyer by day and had no interest in or experience with hockey prior to last season. Full disclosure and all that.
Thanks, sounds good enough for me. I have never really seen the numbers and last time I asked (in a Lander/O'Marra discussion) I never really got any real answer on this.

Old
01-03-2012, 12:37 PM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

Quote:
Is it honestly worth the 5 years worth of development that we'll have in him though? I don't think he's a legit guy yet TBH, maybe on the Oilers but not on most NHL teams. Guys like him can be found on the free agent market for next to nothing.
Hey I'm still hoping we can salvage that Smyth trade. Plus it adds another Ryan to the team.

Old
01-03-2012, 12:42 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
Hey I'm still hoping we can salvage that Smyth trade. Plus it adds another Ryan to the team.