HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sens sneak Devils

View Poll Results: Pick 3 stars
Cowen 4 4.71%
Condra 34 40.00%
Alfredsson 58 68.24%
Lee 1 1.18%
Michalek 2 2.35%
Greening 2 2.35%
Smith 2 2.35%
Spezza 54 63.53%
Neil 8 9.41%
Konopka 2 2.35%
Carkner 2 2.35%
Karlsson 55 64.71%
Foligno 2 2.35%
Anderson 43 50.59%
Other *NAME WHO* 4 4.71%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Old
01-03-2012, 10:33 AM
Xspyrit

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyQuil View Post
Personally, I don't think it's a big loss to lose those people who somehow want to discuss hockey in a bizarre time-warp where the last game didn't happen.
That not very fair to people who work at night or live in another country or another time zone...

I'm glad to see that there is some Sens fans outside Ottawa (in Europe or USA...), I hope people from your city are happy about it too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caeldan View Post
And have you seen a single person ever ask for PGTs not to be made? No. The only request has been that the TOPIC not contain a spoiler.

So having something say simple for example... PGT: Jan 2/12 Sens vs Devils... but inside containing 'Sens Sneak Devils' and all the pretty pictures and scores and 3 stars etc for a first post - perfectly valid. And restricts no one at all.
Exactly, I don't care at all what's inside the PGT. My only problem is the TITLE of the PGT. I just hope that my eyes don't catch it. Now I just use my hands to hide the screen and track the GDT (and then I just click to open it). 3 letters in RED, you only need to see the very left of the screen. Never had a problem with that "simple" strategy... lol

Anyway, I said what I had to say on this subject. Have a good day all and Go Sens Go

Last edited by Xspyrit: 01-03-2012 at 10:40 AM.
Xspyrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 10:52 AM
cobaltseraphim*

I like having the Score or a give-away in the title of the PGT.

I don't see why people are always complaining. The silent majority would likely say, either way it doesn't matter.

cobaltseraphim* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 10:54 AM
cobaltseraphim*

I voted for alfie anderson and Other *name who* Kuba.
I thought he played a great game. He has had a solid season.

cobaltseraphim* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 10:57 AM
Smeddy
Intangibles

vCash: 177
Most other teams have the score or a relevant title in their PGT.

Smeddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 10:57 AM
Mercurial
#lalala

vCash: 50

Mercurial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 11:06 AM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercurial View Post
How did The Village beat out other MUCH more deserving movie twists on that graphic?

BonkTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 11:29 AM
Apaharn

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobaltseraphim View Post
I like having the Score or a give-away in the title of the PGT.

I don't see why people are always complaining. The silent majority would likely say, either way it doesn't matter.
If wouldn't be Ottawa if people didn't complain about things.

The team could hypothetically go on and sweep their way to a Stanley Cup and people would complain that, for instance, all wins weren't shutouts.

Apaharn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 11:35 AM
TeamRenzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xspyrit View Post
Because some people are adults and have things to do (and responsabilities like work, kids, sick parents, wife, dog, house, etc.) and can't watch ALL the games live, so have to record it with a PVR. And when you're used to read the GDT at the same time you watch the game, you want to read the GDT at the same time too, even if it's not "live"

And you know what? To open the GDT, you have to come to this board, so if you see a PGT named "Sens sneak the Devils" while searching for the GDT, you kinda know that the Sens won... so no more thrill for the people watching it delayed. I'm actually using my hands to hide the words in thread titles and find the "GDT thing" on the left... My wife looks at me and say "lol what are you doing, you look crazy"

Hopefully it's clear. It seems to be really hard to understand for some people, even though it's a very simple concept.

I sometimes have to PVR games as well due to kids, work, etc but I expect results to be posted on the internet which is why I avoid all media. I dont listen to the TEAM, I dont check HFboards, etc. I dont see what value the GDT adds if you have PVR'd the game

The internet has been around long enough to understand that it is full of spoilers. If you PVR a game dont check HFBoards, it is not a hard concept to understand.

TeamRenzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 11:40 AM
The Expert
Registered Expert

Before this thread, I really couldn't have cared less, but now I hope the score is always posted in the PGT title, some people need to get a grip.

The Expert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 11:57 AM
JonnyMacSen
Divide and Conacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Expert View Post
Before this thread, I really couldn't have cared less, but now I hope the score is always posted in the PGT title, some people need to get a grip.
The Spite is strong with this one...

Seriously why is this even a issue with people? I can see both sides of the argument sure, but in reality is the score in the title REALLY that big of a deal to the people who saw the game live, really? Is some-how the discussion ruined by not having the score in the title? Yes there's risks finding the score elsewhere in this board but thats not what people are asking.

Your gonna spend all this useless energy trying to prove who's right/wrong on a pretty simple request. Fellow sens fans asking a favor to other sens fans, don't see the big deal here.

Maybe this is something the Mods can settle once and for all so I can actually read a post game discussion rather than a bunch of Sens fans pissing on each other.

/rant

JonnyMacSen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 11:57 AM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Expert View Post
The issue actually confuses me.

There's times when I PVR a game and want to fast forward through it....I usually can't help but come here and find out pre-maturely though.

That's my fault, not yours.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 11:59 AM
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy

I think it was the fact that one of the proponents of the scheme was lecturing the fan base about his "adult life" that turned everyone against it.

Anyway, it's something that mods can easily correct.

They can edit the title of any thread in the forum.

NyQuil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 12:03 PM
playasRus

Everyone needs to chill out.
I'm one of those guys that doesn't mind having the game spoiled for myself, but to those who're complaining about spoilers, just stay away from HF until you watch the game. What else would you come to the boards for if not to discuss the game?

playasRus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 12:09 PM
SensSharksGirl*

I was at the game, and it was nervewrecking when the Senators were down 2-0, but luckily Jason Spezza manages to save the day by scoring making it 2-1. Then in the third period, Erik Condra came and scored the goal tying the game up 2-2. The Sens did have so many chances scoring the goal but that darn Martin Brodeur just shut the door. Then overtime came, and what do you know Alfie scored. Impressive win for the Sens, I hope they don't go to overtime again.

SensSharksGirl* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 12:09 PM
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Send a message via Skype™ to WasTeD
I just don't come on the Sens board or go on NHL.com or TSN if I have to watch the game late...

WasTeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 12:10 PM
The Expert
Registered Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
The issue actually confuses me.

There's times when I PVR a game and want to fast forward through it....I usually can't help but come here and find out pre-maturely though.

That's my fault, not yours.
Same. I was always a snoop when it came to Christmas presents as a kid, I guess it had to carry over somewhere.

The Expert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 12:13 PM
PatrickEaves
Karan S'Jet

I actually did edit the title. The original title also said Alfie scored the game-winner. I actually thought the current title wasn't really that spoiler-ish, compared to having the score in the title. But I'm the type of person that isn't generally bothered by spoilers in the first place.

As far as the spoiler discussion in the title goes, I'm of the opinion that it probably affects those that know the score less to not have spoilers in the title, than it affects those that don't know the score of the game, when there are spoilers in the title, so if I were to make a judgement on the thing I would ask that people please:

Refrain from posting spoilers in the title.

Just as a cursory to those that due to life events are watching the game at a later time. Of course I'm willing to be overruled by the other mods if they don't think so, but I doubt that will happen.

PatrickEaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 12:14 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Even if the title doesn't have the score, its pretty damn easy to tell who won the game based on the tone of the new threads in the forum. Everyone can't just stop game discussion because a few 'adults' need to fire up their PVR. If you're trying to avoid the score, you need to avoid HF (and the internet for that matter) completely. Why is this an issue?

FolignoQuantumLeap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 12:16 PM
Pancakes Pancakes

vCash: 1100
I'm 32, work fulltime like most adults and have 2 young kids, so I almost NEVER watch a game live. That being said, I just don't come on the boards until I am done watching or am caught up to real time. Boo hoo if there's a spoiler, we shouldn't be accomdating a few against the will of the majority. Just deal with it or find a way around it.

Pancakes Pancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 12:17 PM
Ice-Tray

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocolateLeclaire View Post
Adult life is complicated. And sometimes that complication results in me *gasp* missing games entirely. Expecting other adults to not carry on their lives because I'm busy isn't their problem.
At the end of the day though, asking to not put the score in the title isn't asking a lot, and is a nice thing to do for a few of our board members.

Having the score in the title or not means nothing to those of us who watched the game, but does mean something to those who haven't so really why would you care? This is probably one of those times where arguing the principle of it is just kind of lame.

It's nice to do nice things for people, and it's even nicer when it costs you nothing to do it.

Ice-Tray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 12:26 PM
Max Power

WT? is everyone talking about
Is this a sports forum or a tampon commercial

Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 12:28 PM
Ice-Tray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
WT? is everyone talking about
Is this a sports forum or a tampon commercial
More like a d.o.u.c.h.e. commercial...

Ice-Tray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 12:30 PM
derriko

vCash: 4116
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrePetersson View Post
As far as the spoiler discussion in the title goes, I'm of the opinion that it probably affects those that know the score less to not have spoilers in the title, than it affects those that don't know the score of the game, when there are spoilers in the title, so if I were to make a judgement on the thing I would ask that people please
That's exactly it. I was on the other side of this issue before this thread, but a guy that's 5 hours ahead is in a different situation. He doesn't get to watch until after work the next day. What if he wants to see if there was a trade made, something happened in bingo, etc....

I mean it's like the toilet situation for us men. Yes I think it's a stupid thing to have to put the seat down for the women because it takes as much effort for us to raise it as for them to put it down, but honestly I really don't give a shiz so I do it to make my woman happy. So its the same as the pgt title. Is it kind of dumb? Yes, but does it benefit some people and not really affect the thread maker or anyone else for that matter and take 0 effort? Yes

derriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 12:40 PM
DrEasy
Get well soon, BM!

vCash: 840
When I miss a game, I like to read the GDT to experience the ups and downs of the game. It's like watching the game in fast forward. It's a little pleasure in life, a little consolation for having missed the game. A spoiler in a thread title takes away that little pleasure. Don't be mean to your fellow Sens fan.

But by all means go do this in the Leafs forum!

DrEasy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 12:47 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

3th victory in OT in 3 games... Sens fans your team is very strong psychical.... IMo you will be in PO and you wont finish in the first round!!!

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote