HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Plekanec-Cole-Pacioretty

Old
01-03-2012, 12:10 PM
holyhabs87

vCash: 2009
I have not been impressed with Pacioretty's play lately.

I have said for a while now we should split up Cole and Pacioretty to spread the size around. Cole is what make his line go and with Plekanec, Pacioretty won't be touching the puck that much.

IMO, I don't think he can be as effective if he is the third guy on a line. When he played with Gomez and Gionta he was amazing because he got to be the Cole on his line and carry the puck and use his speed. Now he just doesn't do it anymore.

holyhabs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 12:13 PM
Slew Foots
Haters gonna hate

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
Does Cunneyworth know that Cole and Cammy are both RW and that Cole sucks on the LW?
I'm hoping that RDS is incorrectly swapping LW and RW again, and that Cammy is LW and Cole is RW. Cammy actually spent most of his career playing LW.

Slew Foots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 12:15 PM
Erik Estrada
One Country United!

Switch Leblanc with Blunden please.

Erik Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Bleu Blanc Rouge

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Yeah, I'm serious. Blunden hits more than any player on the team and it's an aspect that is nice to have on the 4th line. He gives some energy to the other lines by laying hits and forechecking hard. I like Darche, but he's redundant on this team. White would have to outplay him too, obviously, to get his spot but I'd love to have a fourth line that hits everything that moves.

If we could pick up a guy like Derek MacKenzie or Paul Gaustad to center Ryan White and Michael Blunden, teams would hate playing against the

Who said Blunden was better than White? No one knows how White will play this season when he comes back. He might not be himself until next year, who knows. He's missed a lot of time.

White is one of my favourite players. Dig back through the threads. I was one of the only ones pimping Ryan White because everyone else was too busy making love to Ben Maxwell (who I never really cared for).
White has speed, size, can hit and can fight, White >>> Blunden, that's not a debate.

Bleu Blanc Rouge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
He was practicing with A.K. and Moen.

Anyway, Eller doesn't deserve to play with the two best wingers
I'm not saying he should. I'm saying RC has been more bi-polar regarding Eller than.... Well, someone who is bi-polar.

RoyBoyCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 12:16 PM
crazyd
Canada is hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
I'm not the biggest fan of putting the team's two "powerforwards" on the same line.
What appears to be clear from the start of the season is just that - putting our PF's together is what has giving this team the best chance to win. What have been the most effective combos this year:

MaxPac-Cole
AK-Eller

Having one PF on a line is too easy to counter. Even more when the other linemates are small. That's why a line of MaxPac - DD - Cole has been are best. DD brings the vision and hockey sense that a PF often lacks.

crazyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 12:16 PM
holyhabs87

vCash: 2009
Quote:

Who said Blunden was better than White? No one knows how White will play this season when he comes back. He might not be himself until next year, who knows. He's missed a lot of time.

White is one of my favourite players. Dig back through the threads. I was one of the only ones pimping Ryan White because everyone else was too busy making love to Ben Maxwell (who I never really cared for).
You did. You said White would have to seriously outplay Blunden to get his spot. Why? White does what Blunden does better and more (like killing penalties). If you want to ease White into the lineup that's one thing, but when 100%, imo, this isn't a tough decision.

I do agree that White-Noke-Blunden line would be a good energy line. Darche could be the 13th forward.

holyhabs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 12:18 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyhabs87 View Post
You did. You said White would have to seriously outplay Blunden to get his spot. Why? White does what Blunden does better and more (like killing penalties). If you want to ease White into the lineup that's one thing, but when 100%, imo, this isn't a tough decision.

I do agree that White-Noke-Blunden line would be a good energy line. Darche could be the 13th forward.
Yeah, what I was saying (and have been saying for a few weeks) is I'm not sure White will be able to play 100% like his normal self until next year or very late in the season this year. That's why I said he'd have to outplay Blunden.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 12:26 PM
habitue*

Cole-Plekanec-Cammalleri
Kostitsyn-Desharnais-Pacioretty
Moen-Eller-Blunden
Darche-Nokelainen-Leblanc

Gorges-Subban
Gill-Kaberle
Emelin-Diaz

THESE were the line THIS morning at practice.

Of course, the RDS reporter doesn't make the diff between his right and his left hands.

Cammy-Pleks-Cole

I like it. these millionnaires are supposed to be the leaders of the club and have to show accountability.

Patches-DD-A.K.

I like it a lot and Maxpac should regain copnfidence withh DD and take more offensive responsabilities away from Cole.

Moen-Eller-Blunden...

Why Blunden on the 3rd ?

Darche-Noke-LL... Why LL on the 4th ?

Gll -Kaberle ??? OUCH !

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 12:34 PM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

Waiting for White all this time been a strange choice. Grinders are neither rare nor expensive.

JLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 12:34 PM
PyrettaBlaze*

Quote:
I love Blunden. So much so that I'd keep him over Darche. And so much so that one of my favourite prospects back in the day (White) would have to seriously outplay him for his spot.

But he's a 4th liner. He's not a 2nd or 3rd liner. It's Mike ****ing Blunden.

We think Darche has no hands, Blunden makes Darche look like a Sidney Crosby / Alexander Ovechkin hybrid.
This is one of the silliest things I've ever read. White would have to seriously outplay him for his spot? White is LEAPS AND BOUNDS better than Blunden. When White is ready (even if he isn't 100%), it'll be a no brainer to put him in Blunden's spot.

PyrettaBlaze* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 12:36 PM
Vanek20
Drive for 25

I'm sick of having stupid coaches ffs. Since RC is the head coach, Blunden plays like 10-12 minutes per game...is that how you want to win or are we in tanking mode? Darche-Noke-Blunden should be the 4th line and play 7minutes per game MAX. No blunden on the 3rd line, ENOUGH, 4th line or gtfo.

The lines should be :

Pacioretty - Eller - Cole (Cole and Pacioretty has the chemistry, Eller brings size and good vision)
Kostitsyn - Plekanec - Gionta (They had their load of success last year when reunited and I like that line)
Cammalleri - Desharnais - Moen (Cammalleri loves to play with DD, let it be, Moen gives them size and defensive abilities)
Darche- Nokelainen - Blunden (regular 4th line)

Vanek20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 12:37 PM
EllertoKostitsynGoal

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyBoyCoy View Post
I seriously don't understand the way RC handles Eller. Goes from scratched, to confident with loads of ice time, to playing with Moen and Blunden?
He's probably my favorite player on the team and I absolutely hate how he has been handled here, this year or last. Just weird considering that he was a key return in a pretty big trade.

It looks even weirder when you consider the fact that he's one of the hardest and most consistent worker on the team but it seems like he's the guy that has to do the most to get rewarded for his hard work all while simultaneously being the one who gets the most easily punished for the tiniest mistake. At least, it's pretty telling of his character that he keeps on working and improving despite never getting the luxury of having the same wingers 3 games in row, sometimes getting switched from center to wing for no logical reason and never being given actual time to build up confidence.

Really weird how he's basically being set up to fail, especially considering how much we've done it it with other young players in the past and got burned. I'm begginning to wonder when we'll start hearing things about him being a cancer and how we had no choice but to trade him...too bad, he'll be a very good 2nd line center/1b center.

EllertoKostitsynGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 12:49 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllertoKostitsynGoal View Post
He's probably my favorite player on the team and I absolutely hate how he has been handled here, this year or last. Just weird considering that he was a key return in a pretty big trade.

It looks even weirder when you consider the fact that he's one of the hardest and most consistent worker on the team but it seems like he's the guy that has to do the most to get rewarded for his hard work all while simultaneously being the one who gets the most easily punished for the tiniest mistake. At least, it's pretty telling of his character that he keeps on working and improving despite never getting the luxury of having the same wingers 3 games in row, sometimes getting switched from center to wing for no logical reason and never being given actual time to build up confidence.

Really weird how he's basically being set up to fail, especially considering how much we've done it it with other young players in the past and got burned. I'm begginning to wonder when we'll start hearing things about him being a cancer and how we had no choice but to trade him...too bad, he'll be a very good 2nd line center/1b center.
Cry me a River, set up to fail my ass. After RC's first game there was an article on how he was so happy because of all the icetime he got now.

Everyone is getting shuffled around. Now whether that's the right move or not who knows, but it's not more unfair to one player than it is to another.

Good players make other players better around them and succeed in all situations. Eller's not being treated any differently than other players it's that all your focus is on him.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 12:55 PM
SeriousHabs

The funniest thing about these line combos is how the posters here think they will last more than 5 minutes.

SeriousHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 12:58 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousHabs View Post
The funniest thing about these line combos is how the posters here think they will last more than 5 minutes.
That too.

Old
01-03-2012, 01:12 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
everyone else was too busy making love to Ben Maxwell
there were people making love to maxwell?

that news to me, i'd be surprised if he even got a good luck card on his way out...

also: chill *****es, it's practice lines...

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 01:12 PM
Canadiens Ghost
Mr. Objectivity

Quote:
And I officially give up on Cunneyworth already.

Leblanc has 2 points in 2 games with Cammy/DD? **** it, let's put Bluden there.

Weber plays with DD and gets an assist. **** it, put Bluden there.

I'm so stick of ****ing retarded coaches. Can we not keep the same lines for 4 periods in a row? Is it too much to ****ing ask?

Cammy starts producing.. why take him AWAY from Desharnais?! Sersiously?!

I still have no idea why Leblanc got scratched last game either. And good message to keep sending Weber. He gets points and he gets scratched the next game anyway. He's got 4 points in 7 games as a forward - what more do you want from him?

As a person who people know always believes in this team and in making the post-season, this is the worst I've felt this year. Management says they are going to try to save the season.. by what? Playing so poorly that the team will get moved to Texas?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyBoyCoy View Post
I seriously don't understand the way RC handles Eller. Goes from scratched, to confident with loads of ice time, to playing with Moen and Blunden?

I couldn't agree more with these two posts. I was willing to give RC a chance but he is blowing it big time in my mind. He has the same mentality than JM.

Except for Timmins, it is time to blow up the front office of this team. They don't have what it takes to build a good team.

Canadiens Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 01:17 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Looks like either Blunden is going to get an opportunity or he's filler for an injured forward returning.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 01:21 PM
donghabs98

blunden is the new darche

loved by the coach

does RC have it out for Eller or LL

donghabs98 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 01:24 PM
donghabs98

but we can't forget it's just practice

it''s practice the time to test of line combos and stuff

donghabs98 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 01:24 PM
EllertoKostitsynGoal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
Cry me a River, set up to fail my ass. After RC's first game there was an article on how he was so happy because of all the icetime he got now.

Everyone is getting shuffled around. Now whether that's the right move or not who knows, but it's not more unfair to one player than it is to another.

Good players make other players better around them and succeed in all situations. Eller's not being treated any differently than other players it's that all your focus is on him.
So you don't think the guy deserves, at the very least, a 5-10 games stint with 2 offensive minded/top 6 kind of guys. Sorry but I'm just getting sick of how this team handles their young guys, if we didn't manage to end every single season with one shipped out for nothing I probably wouldn't even notice this. Just getting the bad feeling he's the next in line, especially considering the standings while we have a GM looking to save his ass.
Positives: I like Nashville, maybe they'll have a Kost-Eller-Kost line next year, would be an awesome line

EllertoKostitsynGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 01:30 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

I still don't know why Cunny changed the lines from Ottawa's game, yes we lost against Tampa, but not because we didn't score enough lol. Desharnais seemed to figure out how Cammy wanted to play in the O-zone.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 01:34 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by donghabs98 View Post
blunden is the new darche

loved by the coach
The big difference is that Darche is an actual NHL player -- a 4th-liner, but still -- being given spot duties whereas Blunden is strictly AHL-level yet given icetime ahead of superior players.

If Leblanc is not going to be the winger on the third line then it should be Nokie or Darche. Especially if the fourth line is not going to play much.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 01:40 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllertoKostitsynGoal View Post
So you don't think the guy deserves, at the very least, a 5-10 games stint with 2 offensive minded/top 6 kind of guys. Sorry but I'm just getting sick of how this team handles their young guys, if we didn't manage to end every single season with one shipped out for nothing I probably wouldn't even notice this. Just getting the bad feeling he's the next in line, especially considering the standings while we have a GM looking to save his ass.
Positives: I like Nashville, maybe they'll have a Kost-Eller-Kost line next year, would be an awesome line
The team sucks and hate to break it to you but Eller isn't exactly lighting it up out there nor is anyone else. He was given every opportunity to play with solid wingers (as solid as it can get when half your roster is injured) He's not being treated unfairly any more than any other player.