HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Plekanec-Cole-Pacioretty

Old
01-03-2012, 02:05 PM
Young Gun

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs Junkie View Post
Finally

It took about half a season, but finally the coaching staff put a #1 line together. Our best center with our 2 best wingers on the same line. Yes, the other lines look a little unbalanced, but this whole "role 4 lines" system we were using was really not working.

Lines at practice yesterday were (according to HIO):

Cole-Plekanec-Max-Pac
Cammalleri-DD-Blunden
AK46-Eller-Moen
Darche-Nokelainen-Leblanc

Personally I would switch Leblanc with Blunden, and I would put Gionta in Moen's spot when he comes back.
Holy **** what a mess, its not cole and DD's fault that plex and max pac is not worth a **** these day's. If DD can get cammy and blunden scoring , he will be a hab for a long long time and should get a big raise in pay.
People keep talking about giving PK and Price masive pay increases but if anything, their play has declined from last season.
Imo DD is one off the best forwards right now, i like the guy, reminds me of the road runner a little bit, not the same speed but gets it done , more than i can say for Eller, max pac and cammy, gomez, .
After saying all that ****, i would like to see lebanc instead of blunden on the second line, just to see if he has the scoring touch, Eller had a change and couldn't/can't finish

Young Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 02:51 PM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Finally

It took about half a season, but finally the coaching staff put a #1 line together. Our best center with our 2 best wingers on the same line. Yes, the other lines look a little unbalanced, but this whole "role 4 lines" system we were using was really not working.

Cole-Plekanec-Max-Pac
Cammalleri-DD-Blunden
AK46-Eller-Moen

Personally I would switch Leblanc with Blunden, and I would put Gionta in Moen's spot when he comes back.
I like:

Desharnais-Cole-Kostitsyn
Plekanec-Leblanc-Cammalleri
Gomez-Gionta-Pacioretty
Eller-White/Nokelainen-Moen

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 03:06 PM
Gally11

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't RC say when he got named as "head coach" that he thought the lines needed more consistency, that players needed to know there role? He's changing lines just as often as Martin now lol

Gally11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 03:56 PM
SeriousHabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whereabouts Unknown View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't RC say when he got named as "head coach" that he thought the lines needed more consistency, that players needed to know there role? He's changing lines just as often as Martin now lol
He is still trying to find players that fit the ''has a positive impact on the game'' role.

SeriousHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 04:25 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Gun View Post
Holy **** what a mess, its not cole and DD's fault that plex and max pac is not worth a **** these day's. If DD can get cammy and blunden scoring , he will be a hab for a long long time and should get a big raise in pay.
People keep talking about giving PK and Price masive pay increases but if anything, their play has declined from last season.
Imo DD is one off the best forwards right now, i like the guy, reminds me of the road runner a little bit, not the same speed but gets it done , more than i can say for Eller, max pac and cammy, gomez, .
After saying all that ****, i would like to see lebanc instead of blunden on the second line, just to see if he has the scoring touch, Eller had a change and couldn't/can't finish
I love how Gomez hasn't played in like 2 months, yet posters still find a way to take a shot at him.

I don't understand the whining. We've been losing, so why not mix up the lines and see what works and what doesn't? It's not like Cunny is messing with a winning line up.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 04:47 PM
Slick Eller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Gun View Post
Look at me with a straight face and say again that Price plays has regressed...

I swear, Habs fans on this forum doesn't know **** about goaltending.

Its called having a ****** defensive squad in front of him. He makes more highlight reels save than ever.

Slick Eller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 05:24 PM
ThaDevilGirl

Practice.

ThaDevilGirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 05:26 PM
canadiensnation
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
Do you know that Cammy is a left winger ? So Cole stays on the RW...
i think cammy can play any position as long as its not defense

canadiensnation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 05:37 PM
AntonCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
I'm not the biggest fan of putting the team's two "powerforwards" on the same line. When Gionta comes back I'd like to see the following

Pacioretty Plekanec Gionta
Cammalleri Desharnais Cole
Kostitsyn Eller Leblanc

or

Cammalleri Plekanec Cole
Pacioretty Desharnais Leblanc
Kostitsyn Eller Gionta

It spreads out the size and scoring. Also with Gionta and Eller's two-way game, they can act as a shut down line(for the second set of lines).
What he said
If DD needs 2 power forwards to insulate his size or lack thereof there is an issue

I like the top three as shown above

In the old days they'd say: 1 guy to get the puck, 1 guy to pass the puck and 1 guy to shoot the puck

Last edited by AntonCH: 01-03-2012 at 06:02 PM.
AntonCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 06:55 PM
Jakomyte

I love how every poster in this thread is such an expert at line juggling. Remember how everyone was *****ing about the Cammalleri-Desharnais-Leblanc line last week, and they put up a bunch of goals. I'd like to think that this fanbase has enough patience to watch a line for at least one actual game before suggesting they know it is poor and they know better combinations.

Jakomyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 04:41 AM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Finally

Cole-Plekanec-Max-Pac
Cammalleri-DD-Blunden
AK46-Eller-Moen

Missed the game (what a game to miss!!).

Was coach RC using the above lines? (I just know about the Eller line and how Moen and A.Kosts were all together most of the game...correct?).

My lines for Saturday (balance is the most important, imo, have at least one big/tall player on each line):

Cole-Plekanec-Gionta (Saturday? )
Moen-Eller-A.Kosts
Cammalleri-DD-Pacioretty
Darche-Nokia-Blunden

Last edited by Mr. Hab: 01-05-2012 at 05:35 AM.
Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 06:29 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
Missed the game (what a game to miss!!).

Was coach RC using the above lines? (I just know about the Eller line and how Moen and A.Kosts were all together most of the game...correct?).

My lines for Saturday (balance is the most important, imo, have at least one big/tall player on each line):

Cole-Plekanec-Gionta (Saturday? )
Moen-Eller-A.Kosts
Cammalleri-DD-Pacioretty
Darche-Nokia-Blunden
Gionta hasn't produced much with Cammalleri all season.

I wouldn't mind trying;

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Cole
Cammalleri - Desharnais - Gionta
Moen - Eller - Kostitsyn
Darche - Nokelainen - Blunden

I know the second line is a bit small, but it's not THAT much smaller than when Leblanc played with them or when DD/Gomez/Gionta played together for that short stint last year. The Plekanec/Cammalleri and Plekanec/Gionta chemistry just is not working out this year. DD would have two shooters on his line to set-up all day long. Plus, with Gionta just coming back from a long break, it gives him the easier match-up.

The other lines speak for themselves since you can't break up #3 or #4.

One Man Rock Band is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 01:39 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Pacioretty is relying too much on Cole to get HIS job done lately.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 02:30 PM
Lions999

I would do pleks cole gionta
Eller moen AK

DD patches cammy

That can be 3 good lines

Lions999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 02:49 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

I wouldn't mind seeing something like this:

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gionta
Cammalleri - Desharnais - Cole
Moen - Eller - AK

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 03:12 PM
Jakomyte

Against the Jets, Cole was basically being double-shifted at RW with both Cammalleri-Plekanec and Pacioretty-Desharnais. I'd imagine Cunneyworth will put Gionta in one of those spots, my be would be with Pacioretty and Desharnais.

Jakomyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 03:15 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post

I wouldn't mind trying;

Moen - Eller - Kostitsyn

I know the second line is a bit small, but it's not THAT much smaller than when Leblanc played with them or when DD/Gomez/Gionta played together for that short stint last year. The Plekanec/Cammalleri and Plekanec/Gionta chemistry just is not working out this year. DD would have two shooters on his line to set-up all day long. Plus, with Gionta just coming back from a long break, it gives him the easier match-up.

a bit small?

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 06:12 AM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post

I wouldn't mind trying;

Moen - Eller - Kostitsyn

You probably meant Plekanec instead of Cammalleri (typo).

Well...your DD line (Cammalleri-DD-Gionta) could work (never know until you try it), but...that is one heck of a VERY small line! (Camm is 5'8-5'9, DD is 5'6, Gionta is 5'7)...not sure if coach RC will try that but we'll see...if they click they could be nicknamed ''the killer smurfs!''.

For me (obviously I'm no coach just a huge Hab fan!) it's all about balance for 3 lines (or 4 lines if you can)...this should make it tougher for opponents,imo.

Anyways...there are so many options!! (but for now we can all agree to keep the Eller line intact as well as the 4th line).

Here are some other options!! (there are so many though! glad Gionta is coming back...he gives us more options):
Cammalleri-Pleks-Cole (Cole for size)
Moen-DD-Gionta (Moen for size/grit/defense)
Pacioretty-Eller-A.Kosts (the entire line has good size)

Up to me...I would of course keep Moen-Eller-A.Kosts together (very easy decision). Liked the idea of this trio months ago.

p.s.: this one's for the Gomez fans! (you could always put Gomez on the 4th and Moen back with Eller amd DD replacing Gomez,etc... )
Cammalleri-Pleks-Cole
Pacioretty-Gomez-Gionta
DD-Eller-A.Kosts
Moen-Nokia-Blunden/Darche
White(injured)
Darche/Blunden

Last edited by Mr. Hab: 01-06-2012 at 07:01 AM.
Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 07:00 AM
Perrah

I would go Pac-Plek-gionta because gionta and max pac did well together before and I would find it hard to believe that gomez was making that line do well.

Cole is playing well regardless where he is so put him with dd and cammy and keep the Ak-eller-moen line together. Gomez can center the 4th line when he gets back.

Perrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 07:03 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perrah View Post
I would go Pac-Plek-gionta because gionta and max pac did well together before and I would find it hard to believe that gomez was making that line do well.

Cole is playing well regardless where he is so put him with dd and cammy and keep the Ak-eller-moen line together. Gomez can center the 4th line when he gets back.
I don't think I want Gomez on the 4th line.

The 4th line has played some nice minutes lately and they're hitting everything that moves (I guess not so much Noke, but he's doing the small things).

One Man Rock Band is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 07:42 AM
HabFan1975

I really didnt like RC double shifting Cole, he should've triple shifted him.
I also didnt mind him rolling 7 D wich ment way less ice time for Gill.
on a more serious note this is what I would like to see next game

Cammy-DD-Patches
Gionta-Pleks-Cole
Moen-Eller-AK
Darche-Nok-(Cole-Cammy-AK)

Subban-Gill
Gorges-Kaberle
Diaz-Emelin
Campoli

HabFan1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 08:04 AM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabFan1975 View Post
I really didnt like RC double shifting Cole, he should've triple shifted him.
I also didnt mind him rolling 7 D wich ment way less ice time for Gill.
on a more serious note this is what I would like to see next game

Cammy-DD-Patches
Gionta-Pleks-Cole
Moen-Eller-AK
Darche-Nok-(Cole-Cammy-AK)

Subban-Gill
Gorges-Kaberle
Diaz-Emelin
Campoli
Gionta is probable for Saturday.

Moen-Eller-Kostitsyn
Patches-Plekanec-Gionta
Cammy-DD-Cole
Darche-Nokelainen-Blunden

I'd try that. You get size on all three lines scoring lines. Giving Cole and Cammy the third pairing defense to prey on also will be very beneficial. Eller is first line because quite frankly he can handle the defensive responsibilities and put up points, as can Moen and Kostitsyn. Plekanec gets moved to second pairings because Patches isn't good enough yet to take top line defensive responsibilities.

If you really want to you can switch the wings for line 2 and 3 also and go with
Cammy-Plekanec-Cole
Patches-DD-Gionta

The Kremelin Wall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 08:12 AM
Gally11

I'd like to see Camm get double shifted when you can see him engaged.. One thing Martin never used to do is recognize when to do that

Gally11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 08:43 AM
NotProkofievian

I'd like to see the Moen - AK - Eller line stay together for the rest of the season. But next season, I really think Eller will be permanently ready for a top 6 role and would like to see the following, assuming no moves have been made:

Patch - Plek - Gionta
AK - Eller - Cole
Cammi - DD - Leblanc
Moen - Noke - White

This is assuming that, say, cammi isn't moved for Radulov or something like that, and we didn't draft a guy like Galchenyuk who, despite his injury, may pull a connolly and make the team out of camp.

I think a line of AK - Eller - Cole would be absolutely sick.

NotProkofievian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 08:50 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Eller View Post
Look at me with a straight face and say again that Price plays has regressed...

I swear, Habs fans on this forum doesn't know **** about goaltending.

Its called having a ****** defensive squad in front of him. He makes more highlight reels save than ever.
Dude it's the same folks who say PK is garbage even though he's basically been asked to play a #1 shutdown role and can't take the offensive risks he used to take. It's the same people who rag on Gorges too, or even Andrei Kostitsyn.

People don't know how to judge a player or form an opinion for themselves, they just go with whatever spew was heard at the bar the evening before or on antichambre. Once a player makes a few costly mistakes even if they're a 22 year old #1 defenseman on a struggling team that has no defense what-so-ever rather than watch the game entirely (a lot of people claim to but clearly don't) they just focus on the one or two negatives and neglect the thousand positives in a players game. PK, Price and Gorges can't do everything themselves for ****s sake. Playing the kind of minutes they play on a team that is struggling and decimated with injuries and poor quality defense... they're going to make mistakes it's only normal.

But yeah, it's much easier to just jump on the AntiChambre band wagon or copy the opinions of those are the pub the evening before rather than actually watch a game and form a proper evaluation/opinion of said player.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote