HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Theodore out 2 weeks

Old
01-03-2012, 02:42 PM
Montsy14

vCash: 50
Theodore out 2 weeks

renhockey Renaud P Lavoie
#panthers José Théodore (knee) will be out for two weeks. Could be longer.

Montsy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 02:50 PM
gizmo12688

Oh dear.

gizmo12688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 02:59 PM
Pantherfan12

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo12688 View Post
Oh dear.
I think this might be a blessing in disguise. I love how Theo has been playing, so no negative criticism from me. With that being said I think this gives Markstrom the perfect opprotunity to show Tallon and Co. That he is the future and the future is NOW.
I have 0% confidence in Clemmer because he hasn't been solid since dawning the Panther jersey, luckily for him we have a team that can score more goals then he let's in.
I think it's Markstrom time to shine.

Pantherfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 03:03 PM
Erick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherfan12 View Post
I think this might be a blessing in disguise. I love how Theo has been playing, so no negative criticism from me. With that being said I think this gives Markstrom the perfect opprotunity to show Tallon and Co. That he is the future and the future is NOW.
I have 0% confidence in Clemmer because he hasn't been solid since dawning the Panther jersey, luckily for him we have a team that can score more goals then he let's in.
I think it's Markstrom time to shine.
This is not a blessing in disguise at all to me.

1. Clemmensen is going to get a fair share of starts. All the newspapers seem to indicate that this is his shot here, and all indications point to him getting the start against the NYR at least.

2. I'm not even confident enough in Markstrom yet. He demonstrated his potential earlier in the year, but he still does some iffy things. The game he had against TB was horrendous.

We're going to miss Theodore, imo. Not only has he been good, but he's been very consistent.

Without Theodore, we're more prone to slumps. This is horrible timing too. Not that any time is good for injury, but the Capitals are starting to play better and they're getting Mike Green back tonight.

Erick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 03:08 PM
gizmo12688

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post

1. Clemmensen is going to get a fair share of starts. All the newspapers seem to indicate that this is his shot here, and all indications point to him getting the start against the NYR at least.

2. I'm not even confident enough in Markstrom yet. He demonstrated his potential earlier in the year, but he still does some iffy things. The game he had against TB was horrendous.

We're going to miss Theodore, imo. Not only has he been good, but he's been very consistent.

Without Theodore, we're more prone to slumps. This is horrible timing too. Not that any time is good for injury, but the Capitals are starting to play better and they're getting Mike Green back tonight.
Exactly. The Caps AND Jets are too close on our tail.

Old
01-03-2012, 03:12 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:

Clemmensen is going to get a fair share of starts.
Lord please be wrong, for that IMHO ends the season.

Theo has been awesome, his injury is not a positive.

The blessing is that we have a world class up and coming goalie to bring up.

Based on performances this year, Clemmer deserves nothing more than to back up Markstrom and play b2b's.

Clear Laguadia, an alien is landing....
Attached Images
File Type: bmp alien landing.bmp‎ (147.7 KB, 17 views)

adam graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 03:12 PM
LUUUUUIS
¿Qué bolá, Tallón?

Quote:

This.

Don't get me wrong. I love Markstrom. He's our future, and when he's good he's amazing. He's prone to rookie mistakes though. If Clem does start against NYR, I see Marky taking over for the 2nd and 3rd period. At any rate with Marky splitting time with Clem it'll be a rocky two weeks.

LUUUUUIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 03:20 PM
I May Be Wrong
I May Be The Stig

Send a message via MSN to I May Be Wrong
I have no idea if we will be able to hang onto 1st now. Our lead is already evaporating, and it's likely going to continue now.

I May Be Wrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 03:31 PM
BabyJagrov

Go away all of you pessimistics !

BabyJagrov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 03:31 PM
Tuco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booootthh View Post
I have no idea if we will be able to hang onto 1st now. Our lead is already evaporating, and it's likely going to continue now.
I hope you're wrong, but think you're right. Theo has been our backbone, and neither Marky nor Clemmer are good enough when we are only able to score two goals a game. Getting Goc and Sammy back will help, but...

Tuco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 03:44 PM
Boothinator
@MrBoothinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by antiluis View Post
This.

Don't get me wrong. I love Markstrom. He's our future, and when he's good he's amazing. He's prone to rookie mistakes though. If Clem does start against NYR, I see Marky taking over for the 2nd and 3rd period. At any rate with Marky splitting time with Clem it'll be a rocky two weeks.
Clemmensen is usually good against the Devils. So he should start there although I dont like it and our Alien should get the start against the Rangers.

Boothinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 04:05 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Who's Renaud Lavoie, how did he get this info, and why haven't we heard from our guys yet? Not saying it's not true, but how many times have people been wrong before.

And, again, the future is not right now.

01-03-2012, 04:13 PM
Panthers are Red
Why so sad?

Two weeks out isn't good news but I thought it was going to be longer so it is better than it could be. Hopefully one of our other goalies steps up and fills Jose's shoes as he has been great this season. Personally I am backing Markstrom as I feel he is more likely to make big saves when they are needed most as opposed to Clemmensen who seems to be struggling in that department.

Panthers are Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 04:24 PM
PanthersRule96

I'm sorry, I know we're on hockeysFUTURE boards, but anyone saying it's good thing that Theo is out is way too hyped up on potential and prospects. Theo has been absolutely shutdown all year and at the very most, Markstrom can hope to match what Theo has been doing thus far. Everyone in the organization knows that Markstrom WILL be the starting goalie in the future and that he will probably start out as the backup once Clemmer is gone, but for a team looking to end a 10 year long playoff drought to lose their borderline all-star caliber starter, turning to a rookie and a career backup is an unfortunate predicament. I think Clemmer and Marky can hold the fort while Theo recovers, but there is absolutely not one good thing about Theo going down. Markie will get his time, but it's Theo's time right now and it's time we make the playoffs.

PanthersRule96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 04:25 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Who's Renaud Lavoie, how did he get this info, and why haven't we heard from our guys yet? Not saying it's not true, but how many times have people been wrong before.

And, again, the future is not right now.
lol i asked the same question about lavoie..the only credibility is that
flakov retweeted him.

Old
01-03-2012, 04:29 PM
BabyJagrov

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
lol i asked the same question about lavoie..the only credibility is that
flakov retweeted him.
French-guy from RDS... Supposed to be their most reliable source and one of the Canadiens experts, but he has been wrong before !

Still he could be right, and I think he was a close buddy of Theo when he was in Montréal !

BabyJagrov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 04:40 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersRule96 View Post
I'm sorry, I know we're on hockeysFUTURE boards, but anyone saying it's good thing that Theo is out is way too hyped up on potential and prospects. Theo has been absolutely shutdown all year and at the very most, Markstrom can hope to match what Theo has been doing thus far. Everyone in the organization knows that Markstrom WILL be the starting goalie in the future and that he will probably start out as the backup once Clemmer is gone, but for a team looking to end a 10 year long playoff drought to lose their borderline all-star caliber starter, turning to a rookie and a career backup is an unfortunate predicament. I think Clemmer and Marky can hold the fort while Theo recovers, but there is absolutely not one good thing about Theo going down. Markie will get his time, but it's Theo's time right now and it's time we make the playoffs.
PR96 i think we all agree with this. Theo was one of our first half MVP's.

Reality is hes out 2 weeks+.

I just think we are lucky that we have someone of Markstrom's caliber to give us a fighting chance for the two weeks. One thing is for sure with every game he plays he'll be one game better as our future goalie.

Perhaps he will be nervous and choke.

Or perhaps we will get this guy:

Old
01-03-2012, 05:13 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booootthh View Post
Dont quit on us.

21-17-5 is all we have to do and we are in.

Thats barely .500 hockey.

Old
01-03-2012, 05:16 PM
I May Be Wrong
I May Be The Stig

Send a message via MSN to I May Be Wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
Dont quit on us.

21-17-5 is all we have to do and we are in.

Thats barely .500 hockey.
Lol, I am not quitting on us, I am just trying to be realistic really. Theodore being out doesn't help our club at all in winning games obviously. I think most of us on here agree Clemmensen is a very shoddy goaltender at best, and relying on Marky to be solid as a rock isn't a good idea. It's just not a good situation, and evaluating it that way lends credibility to the idea that we likely won't be winning a ton of games in the next stretch while teams below us are heating up. The only real way we can win a good bunch of our games with Theo out, is by scoring a lot more than we have been, and playing incredibly tight hockey consistently. That's a lot to count on.

I May Be Wrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 05:21 PM
Mogo
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 813
Markstrom has to win over the starting job now

Mogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 07:04 PM
FlaPnthrsPunk
Our Time Will Come

I think some of you are overreacting a bit, but I can see how it's obvious to be somewhat concerned. We knew Theodore would be out a few weeks from the moment he got the diagnosis of the injury, so this isn't shocking news. The thought of knowing that Clemmer will start a few games over the next few weeks with two teams on our tail for 1st place in the division does cause me to smack myself in the head a bit. Sure he was absolutely dreadful in the game last week against the Rangers, but for the most part played well against the Habs until the end of the game where he almost let in two goals in the last minute. Ok, maybe I shouldn't given some praise to him now that I mention it.

Markstrom has impressed us mostly thus far, but he hasn't proven that he's ready to be our savior while Theodore is out. It's a chance to show what he's capable of once again, but once Theodore comes back, Markstrom will go back to San Antonio. He's not going to steal Clemmer's backup job and Tallon and Dineen have said they don't want him playing only 30% of the time.

If we have a few bad games because of the goaltending situation, we have plenty of time to make up for it over the next couple of months once everyone is healthy. Thankfully Theodore is only out for 2 weeks.

FlaPnthrsPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 07:53 PM
SoupyFIN
Lu ♥

I guess all of you who hoped Markström to get some serious NHL-time, just got your wish granted with the expense of Theo.

SoupyFIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 08:02 PM
Gaebriel

Calgary (22nd)
@San Jose (15th)
@Los Angeles (12th)
Pittsburgh (10th)
Tampa Bay (24th)
Carolina (28th)
NY Islanders (27th)
@Montreal (26th)
@Carolina (28th)

vs

@NY Rangers (1st)
@New Jersey (16th)
Vancouver (3rd)
Pittsburgh (10th)
Boston (4th)
@Colorado (14th)
@Chicago (2nd)
@Winnipeg (18th)
Philadelphia (6th)

Which schedule would you rather have over the next few weeks without your starting goaltender? Washington (4-1-1 last 6 and currently beating Calgary) is going to easily catch us.

Gaebriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 09:24 PM
gizmo12688

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaebriel View Post
Calgary (22nd)
@San Jose (15th)
@Los Angeles (12th)
Pittsburgh (10th)
Tampa Bay (24th)
Carolina (28th)
NY Islanders (27th)
@Montreal (26th)
@Carolina (28th)

vs

@NY Rangers (1st)
@New Jersey (16th)
Vancouver (3rd)
Pittsburgh (10th)
Boston (4th)
@Colorado (14th)
@Chicago (2nd)
@Winnipeg (18th)
Philadelphia (6th)

Which schedule would you rather have over the next few weeks without your starting goaltender? Washington (4-1-1 last 6 and currently beating Calgary) is going to easily catch us.
This is gonna suck...

Old
01-03-2012, 09:48 PM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaebriel View Post
Calgary (22nd)
@San Jose (15th)
@Los Angeles (12th)
Pittsburgh (10th)
Tampa Bay (24th)
Carolina (28th)
NY Islanders (27th)
@Montreal (26th)
@Carolina (28th)

vs

@NY Rangers (1st)
@New Jersey (16th)
Vancouver (3rd)
Pittsburgh (10th)
Boston (4th)
@Colorado (14th)
@Chicago (2nd)
@Winnipeg (18th)
Philadelphia (6th)

It may be rough but that next 4 game stretch for the Caps wont be easy either. They could easily go 1-3 in those games and we have the potential to do the same. Its the next stretch of 5 games for both teams that could see them catching up to us but maybe by the end of that stretch Theo is ready to return. And remember that they have Vokoun as their goalie...he's been known to have his lapses at times so if that happens, they could cool off too.

Coolburn is offline   Reply With Quote