HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

GM 40: Sharks def. Canucks - 3-2 (SO) (Hansen, Hodgson)

Closed Thread

Old
01-03-2012, 09:06 AM
NYVanfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bougieman View Post
Same. Of all the teams we have rivalries with on HF boards, the Sharks fans are the coolest and most intelligent. Not too many goofs over there, that I've witnessed. Not like the majority of Boston fans on here, that is for sure.
yeah, for all they've had to put up with as well in the playoffs ... pretty classy bunch

Old
01-03-2012, 09:42 AM
Canucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bougieman View Post
Same. Of all the teams we have rivalries with on HF boards, the Sharks fans are the coolest and most intelligent. Not too many goofs over there, that I've witnessed. Not like the majority of Boston fans on here, that is for sure.
Bruins fans have had Jack Edwards filling their brains for years now and we're seeing it's effects. My theory is, prolonged exposure to Jack Edwards causes a deterioration of the brain, similar to that of mad cow disease.

Old
01-03-2012, 10:08 AM
putridgasbag
Grand Poohba

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossey3535 View Post
Again, you look back at the score and it seems totally fine. It is a 'great' score. But the actual play has often left much to be desired. All anyone has to do is look back at the PGT or GDTs.

I have said many times that it is good that they are beating these teams when they should, and with less than their 'A' game. I'm happy with their position in the standings. But the lack of consistency really bothers me.

Anyhow, just my opinion. Go ahead and call me a whiner.
This consistency that you talk about really doesn't exist in the form you seek.

Through the years of watching I have seen the Canucks play better and lose to many of the dynasties of the past. The '70's Habs would role into town and be lucky to tied or only down one to the local heros and then a lucky bounce, a missed play by the Canucks and boom Montreal would leave town with a 2 or 3 goal win. Score sheet said blow out but for 40 to 50 minutes if it wasn't for Dryden the Canucks should be leading big. Rinse repeat through out the years.

Heck the Canucks made their first jersey retirement for a player who would be the poster boy for the team in this regard. Out work, out play and lose. 12 seasons Smyl played and not one winning season.

Bottom line is good teams seem to win games or at least get a point in games in which they shouldn't ought to. Lesser teams fumble away points in games they should have one.

Old
01-03-2012, 10:53 AM
tyratoku

vCash: 710
Hey Canucks fans, is the starting lineup in the OP what it's going to be for tomorrow's game?

I'm working on the Wild's GDT and would like to toss it in there somewhere. Thanks guys!

Old
01-03-2012, 11:43 AM
thepuckmonster
professional winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyratoku View Post
Hey Canucks fans, is the starting lineup in the OP what it's going to be for tomorrow's game?

I'm working on the Wild's GDT and would like to toss it in there somewhere. Thanks guys!
Likely:

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Raymond-Kesler-Higgins
Ebbett-Hodgson-Hansen
Malhotra-Lapierre-Weise

Hamhuis-Bieksa
Edler-Salo
Alberts-Ballard

Probably Luongo

What'chya guys got? Is Koivu back?

Old
01-03-2012, 12:29 PM
tyratoku

vCash: 710
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepuckmonster View Post
Likely:

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Raymond-Kesler-Higgins
Ebbett-Hodgson-Hansen
Malhotra-Lapierre-Weise

Hamhuis-Bieksa
Edler-Salo
Alberts-Ballard

Probably Luongo

What'chya guys got? Is Koivu back?
Yeah Koivu's back and has been in the lineup for the last two games. Setoguchi might be coming off the IR as well, but that's probably a gametime decision. Wellman and Stoner might be joining Seto, but they're a bit further down the line.

Here was a forward ineup that looks about right, posted on the Wild board:

Quote:
Originally Posted by this providence View Post
If Seto and Wellman are both ready to go and relative soon (assuming Wellman stays up), I believe the lines would look like this:

Seto - Koivu - Heatley
Bouchard - Cullen - Wellman
Johnson - Brodziak - Clutterbuck
Powe - Peters - Staubitz/Kassian (Peters/Powe interchangeable)
scratches - Staubitz/Kassian, Gillies
My guess on Defense would be:

Schultz - Falk
Zidlicky - Zanon
Scandella - Spurgeon

Falk could be out for any one of Stoner/Lundin/Prosser, depending on how Yeo feels I guess. As for goalie, your guess is as good as mine. Once our writer Russo announces it I can let you guys know if you don't find it beforehand. Thanks!

Old
01-03-2012, 12:32 PM
Bobby Lou
We Surrender

The last two games have been somewhat concerning insomuch as it still appears when the going gets tough, our top six tends to vanish. Hopefully the return of Booth, and Higgins getting back to form remedies this problem.

Good thing we have Cody Hodgson to salvage points in the meantime.

I still thinks it's pretty darn evident we need more toughness in the bottom six.

Old
01-03-2012, 12:34 PM
Canucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Lou View Post
The last two games have been somewhat concerning insomuch as it still appears when the going gets tough, our top six tends to vanish. Hopefully the return of Booth, and Higgins getting back to form remedies this problem.

Good thing we have Cody Hodgson to salvage points in the meantime.

I still thinks it's pretty darn evident we need more toughness in the bottom six.
Why?

Old
01-03-2012, 03:00 PM
B-rock

As others have mentioned, Canucks looked tired and were lucky to come away with a point. They didn't play terribly but didn't have that push that was needed...although neither team looked like they wanted it all that bad.

One thing that stood out for me is that Raymond seems to be up to his old tricks after his hot start. He has all the moves in the world, but I'm not sure if there is another player that misses the net as much as he does. If he could even shoot for rebounds it would be a lot more effective. As it stands, he seems to try to pick corners and a large part of the time, he misses the net completely. Frustrating player to watch, as he always looks like he should be able to single-handedly control a game, but seems to be missing whatever it is that is needed.

Conversely you have Cody Hodgson who on first glance doesn't seem to possess any of the talents that Raymond does, but Hodgson has a very accurate and hard shot and knows where to go to score goals.

Closed Thread