HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Trade Rumors/Proposals/Possible Deadline Pickups

Closed Thread

Old
01-03-2012, 03:31 PM
SidTheKid8787

vCash: 500
Hemsky still has skill and a change of scenery can always make that come out again.

We do need physicality and skill on the wings. So i would take Hemsky if the price wasn't high. Ruutu would fit in. More physical, less skill imo. Doan, but Phx would probably want too much.

The Pens CAN be physical with the lineup they have but they are just too banged up right now.

Old
01-03-2012, 04:03 PM
Saving Greiss
#Bortuzzoed

Injury-prone and soft as a result. No thank you.

Old
01-03-2012, 04:03 PM
M0NTY26
Force from Ma'gorsk

Can Phx really ask for the moon with a straight face when he's a UFA in a few months?

Old
01-03-2012, 04:08 PM
Jag68Sid87
Nothing Else Maattas

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0NTY26 View Post
Can Phx really ask for the moon with a straight face when he's a UFA in a few months?
When they have no incentive to be sellers (they have a veteran-laden squad and HAVE to make the playoffs to have any hope of surviving there), and when Doan himself has repeatedly said Phoenix is his home? You better believe they'd ask for the moon.

I'd even go further and say he's probably untouchable.

Old
01-03-2012, 04:15 PM
Hottubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag68Sid87 View Post
When they have no incentive to be sellers (they have a veteran-laden squad and HAVE to make the playoffs to have any hope of surviving there), and when Doan himself has repeatedly said Phoenix is his home? You better believe they'd ask for the moon.

I'd even go further and say he's probably untouchable.
This is correct. But Doan also came out recently saying that if there was plans to
re-locate the coyotes, he would think about asking for a trade

Old
01-03-2012, 04:21 PM
Jag68Sid87
Nothing Else Maattas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hottubber View Post
This is correct. But Doan also came out recently saying that if there was plans to
So they won't deal him until they know for sure, and I doubt they'll know anything before the deadline.

Old
01-03-2012, 04:53 PM
JordanStaal#1Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hottubber View Post
Of course, he'd ask for a trade. Doan isn't stupid. He won't want to go to Quebec City when half the province hates his guts for an overblown language-related incident. The guy isn't crazy.

Old
01-03-2012, 04:55 PM
cassius

I would trade Tangradi for Hemsky in a milisecond. Anyone who passes up that deal needs to get their head checked.

Old
01-03-2012, 05:06 PM
Tweed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyes of Orpik View Post
I read on TIOPS that the Pens are high on Tuomo Ruutu. Can play center or wing, is a nice physical, two way player, seems like he would fit on the Penguins.
THIS IS WHAT I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS.

Old
01-03-2012, 05:08 PM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassius View Post
I would trade Tangradi for Hemsky in a milisecond. Anyone who passes up that deal needs to get their head checked.
Depends on how bad Hemsky is injury wise, would be terrible and also just our luck if we traded for him and he was injured straight away. I think I probably would trade Tangradi for Hemsky too though, not Kennedy though.

Old
01-03-2012, 05:09 PM
Tweed

Weeeeeeeird. I just remembered I had a dream last night that TK was traded. It was TK + another player for somebody. I think I remember rationalizing the trade in my dream too. It made sense to me that TK was moved based on contract-$-for-production, losing the other player seemed to not phase me, but I don't remember putting much thought or excitement into what came our way in the trade either.

For whatever that's worth.

Old
01-03-2012, 05:25 PM
jdpitt05

I really like making these deals with the intent on re-signing them. It really lessens the impact of giving up assets for nothing at the end of the season. Ruutu is someone i'd love to have and keep. Age-wise he's in his prime and and his physical play is much more valuable in the playoffs. This way we'd only have to sign 1 cheap UFA a year (Sullivan/Satan/Sykora) and be less dependent on that signing. Or even use TK there.

Kunitz-1C-Neal
Ruutu-2C-

Though to fit his salary we might have to deal Martin, which is fine by me with Despres replacing him.

Old
01-03-2012, 05:33 PM
High Flying Birds

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtlPenFan View Post
I'll YT it when i get home (and if this thread is still relevant), but after last night, no thanks.

Edmonton was leading with 11 seconds left and they iced the puck. Hemsky easily had a step on the D and could have ended the game without another faceoff in their zone, but he actually pulled up so he doesn't get hit and allowed the 'Hawks defenseman to touch it for icing.

Thanks, but no thanks.
I saw it too. Under DB, Hemsky would have been demoted to the 4th line in the next game for such an atrocity.

Since coming back from his latest injury, he's been allergic to getting hit and going into the corners. Does that sound like a player that would get a lot of love from Bylsma?

Old
01-03-2012, 05:48 PM
Ugene Malkin
Bück Dich Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Flying Birds View Post
I saw it too. Under DB, Hemsky would have been demoted to the 4th line in the next game for such an atrocity.

Since coming back from his latest injury, he's been allergic to getting hit and going into the corners. Does that sound like a player that would get a lot of love from Bylsma?
Also sounds like a player who doesn't want to get injured before he gets traded. I think it's a given this time around. Unfortunately it's gonna cost the Oilers a better return.

Old
01-03-2012, 06:01 PM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

All the injuries have to be in Hemsky's head at this point. I'd be going out of my way to avoid contact too if it seemed like I were made of glass.

I know David Perron recently admitted he's been avoiding contact as much as possible after his concussion problems.

I worry about that with Sid. It's probably the smart thing to do physically, but I wonder if he'll ever be the same player if he has to change his game that way to avoid contact as much as possible.

Old
01-03-2012, 06:13 PM
Jag68Sid87
Nothing Else Maattas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
All the injuries have to be in Hemsky's head at this point. I'd be going out of my way to avoid contact too if it seemed like I were made of glass.

I know David Perron recently admitted he's been avoiding contact as much as possible after his concussion problems.

I worry about that with Sid. It's probably the smart thing to do physically, but I wonder if he'll ever be the same player if he has to change his game that way to avoid contact as much as possible.
Personally, I think Sid should consider avoiding initiating contact for the most part upon his return. Yeah, that's changing the way he plays but I think it's a necessary evil for his long-range future. The way I see it, if Sid were 36 years old right now, he'd change his game. So, let's speed up the process.

If Sid turned into Henrik Sedin tomorrow, he'd still be able to be the best player in the NHL. His skill level is that good.

Old
01-03-2012, 06:27 PM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post

That's sensible if anything, there's no point risking it if it means you'll be out for another good long spell. Obviously, his game would be lowered and I'd expect him to get back to contact fully after a while but if you've just come out, I see no problem with that.

Old
01-03-2012, 06:45 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
I changed the name of the thread just in case a newcomer doesn't know Eklund's ways. Or even TIOPS.

Old
01-03-2012, 08:12 PM
MtlPenFan

No thanks...

Old
01-03-2012, 08:17 PM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

Hemsky is an obvious choice for rumors. Eklund knows squat.

He's going to be shipped; it's that simple. He has become expendable in EDM with all their young talent. We could buy low on him but there will be other bidders for sure so that drives the price up a bit. Also EDM is most likely looking for top 6 D and we can't spare any right now.

Generally, not sure if he'd fit in here or not. We need goal scorers more than playmakers and he is definitely the latter more than the former. And his injury record / health record sucks.

Old
01-03-2012, 08:35 PM
MrBurgundy
Time to move forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiChi Vitale View Post
Hemsky is an obvious choice for rumors. Eklund knows squat.

He's going to be shipped; it's that simple. He has become expendable in EDM with all their young talent. We could buy low on him but there will be other bidders for sure so that drives the price up a bit. Also EDM is most likely looking for top 6 D and we can't spare any right now.

Generally, not sure if he'd fit in here or not. We need goal scorers more than playmakers and he is definitely the latter more than the former. And his injury record / health record sucks.
Staal could use a playmaker on his line. He needs to shoot the puck more AFAIC. Hemsky isn't the guy we should be targeting though.

Old
01-03-2012, 11:17 PM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

Yah he's not a great fit. He's skillful but too many negatives. Oiler fans have been wanting him gone for years. Hence all the ingenious "Hemsky + 3 pieces of garbage for Malkin" offers the last couple seasons.

How about: Malkin's smelly old gloves for Hemsky? That I'd consider.

Old
01-03-2012, 11:28 PM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

Nahhh.

Old
01-04-2012, 01:06 AM
66-29-33

I want Pens to go for Ruutu more then Hemsky. With our luck and his injury proneness Hemsky will be injured mid flight to Pens and be out season+playoffs. Ruutu also throws his body, and the more toughness we have the better.

Old
01-04-2012, 08:31 AM
Funk311

Hemsky will help any team he is on if healthy, but I like Ruutu WAY more. We need size and skill. We can't get to our game against some teams because we are too small up front to dictate.

In the offseason I would like Gaustad to be considered at a pay cut for the 3rd or 4th line.

Closed Thread