HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

Vancouver @ Boston: Who should start?

View Poll Results: Who should start Saturday?
Luongo 114 78.08%
Schneider 32 21.92%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
01-03-2012, 06:13 PM
Biggest Canuck Fan

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Biggest Canuck Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scurr View Post
I don't think this team needs that, maybe the fans do. This team is confident that they can beat anyone with their best game imo.
I disagree... Hank after the Kings game said it best. He referenced the SCF and not being able to score enough goals. I think it is very much on their mind.

Vancouver needs a 10-11 type scoring run in one game just to get them all feeling really good. Right now they are hit and miss. 4-5 one or two games, then 1-2 the next. They need a good stretch of 4+ goals to get them running on all cylinders.

In fact how many times have they scored 3 or 4 early just to let up the peddle so as to not draw the ire or angst of the other team?

They need to humiliate a few teams and get a better bottom D pairing.

Old
01-03-2012, 06:21 PM
vancityluongo
weeoo

Game 8

Old
01-03-2012, 06:21 PM
mrmyheadhurts
Registered Loser

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by serge2k View Post
youwould think playing through it as best you can would count as sucking it up.
I thought the Canucks game 5 victory in the Finals was about as gutsy a game as you can get. It felt like they emptied the tank for that win and in retrospect, they probably did.

Old
01-03-2012, 06:23 PM
The Gourmet
Potage Le Magnifique

GUYS WHY ARE WE RIOTING??? WE STILL GOT GAME 8!!!

GAME 8!!!!

Old
01-03-2012, 06:26 PM
Biggest Canuck Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmyheadhurts View Post
I thought the Canucks game 5 victory in the Finals was about as gutsy a game as you can get. It felt like they emptied the tank for that win and in retrospect, they probably did.
Yeah I thought the same thing. I was thinking we should be hoisting the cup right now... but game 4 just murdered them. That was the game they needed Lu to bounce back and steal, cause even in game 5 while he was good, it wasn't like the Bruins dominated.

Get the 2 and move on. Score some goals for confidence sake, and get the top seed. Home ice will be vital this spring.

Old
01-03-2012, 06:41 PM
Reverend Mayhem
Freeway's closed man

vCash: 940
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by EroticBakery View Post

GAME 8!!!!
The sad part is people here won't understand this like I do.

Old
01-03-2012, 06:46 PM
Reverend Mayhem
Freeway's closed man

vCash: 940
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canucker View Post
If Savard plays, Seguin probably remains on the bench and has no impact.
Probably don't make it past T-bay without the effort he gives in game 2.

Old
01-03-2012, 06:52 PM
jimmythescot

I find the phrase "Injuries are no excuse" being said on here is probably the most infuriating comment that gets regularly doled out. Not just about the Canucks, but in any discussion. That line would make sense if we were actually the players getting ready to go out there without their captain or leading scorer as a kind of group motivation. Or it could make sense if they're being asked by the media after a game whether injuries played a part in their defeat.

It makes absolutely no sense for fans to say that to each other because, unless you're an imbecile or are Bruce Willis in Unbreakable, you would have to know that if you can't skate, or be in full control of your stick, injuries will cause a drop in performance.

Anyway, I really hope the Canucks win the cup one day so I can have a massive rant on this without being labelled a whiner.

Old
01-03-2012, 07:01 PM
Biggest Canuck Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Mayhem View Post
Probably don't make it past T-bay without the effort he gives in game 2.
But injuries have no impact on the game.

Old
01-03-2012, 07:02 PM
vancityoriginals

every game defines the season IMO

should be a good one though. Ill be waking up for this one.

Old
01-03-2012, 07:04 PM
Crows*

The canucks lost 7-1 to the hawks last year then went on that huge run. If they get blown out.. really I don't know if it will affect them negatively down the road.

I just know I want nothing to do with the Rangers in the SCF when we get there.

Old
01-03-2012, 08:05 PM
Mojo Risin*
Burrows #1 fan

I guess we won't know if it is season defining until the end of the season and how big the 2 points was. Just like the 81 other games.

This game is too early though and I definitely won't be waking up early to watch it. Boston has always been one of the teams I never watch in the playoffs or regular season because of how boring they are. When I think about Boston I think the same thing as I do about a team like Minnesota or St Louis, just no players on that team that interest me at all.

The way I see it, we would have lost in the SCF no matter who we played against. Just too many severe injuries to actually compete. Hopefully we win, or it will have been at least 3 losses in the last 4 games.

Old
01-03-2012, 08:54 PM
me2
Seahawks 43

Game means jack - apart from being a little confidence booster to get a few past Thomas - win or lose it is unlikely to effect any potential meeting between the two sides

Old
01-03-2012, 10:06 PM
Jyrki21
Trade request DENIED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmythescot View Post
I find the phrase "Injuries are no excuse" being said on here is probably the most infuriating comment that gets regularly doled out. Not just about the Canucks, but in any discussion. That line would make sense if we were actually the players getting ready to go out there without their captain or leading scorer as a kind of group motivation. Or it could make sense if they're being asked by the media after a game whether injuries played a part in their defeat.

It makes absolutely no sense for fans to say that to each other because, unless you're an imbecile or are Bruce Willis in Unbreakable, you would have to know that if you can't skate, or be in full control of your stick, injuries will cause a drop in performance.

Anyway, I really hope the Canucks win the cup one day so I can have a massive rant on this without being labelled a whiner.
So, so agreed. (And the labelling of "whiner" that you allude to also falls into the thing-that-infuriate-me-about-sports-fans category).

If gamblers take it into account (they'd lose lots of money if they didn't), and the opposition takes it into account (they change their game based on who's playing and in what state), what kind of absolute moron would honestly believe that injuries don't make a huge difference in a team's capacity to perform?

Old
01-03-2012, 11:06 PM
thenextone

The game doesn't mean anything really. We lost in game 7, we weren't swept (even though it felt like it).

The only thing you could get out of this is if Luongo goes in and plays well.

Old
01-03-2012, 11:52 PM
donutz0r

Quote:
I never thought of that. I guess I'll be staying out of here the next day.
Always think of it that way. That's how it always is.

Old
01-04-2012, 12:05 AM
me2
Seahawks 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
It's totally a catch 22.

If we walk in their, Luongo gets a shutout and we score 5 on Thomas, all we will here is they cant get it done when it matters blah blah blah!

If we lose we still suck.
Nucks win: "Ha ha you lost to the Bruins in the finals"

Bruins win: "Bruins own nucks LOL + Oh ha ha you lost to the Bruins in the finals too"

Old
01-04-2012, 12:23 AM
kevinsane
Lundqvist clone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyrki21 View Post
So, so agreed. (And the labelling of "whiner" that you allude to also falls into the thing-that-infuriate-me-about-sports-fans category).

If gamblers take it into account (they'd lose lots of money if they didn't), and the opposition takes it into account (they change their game based on who's playing and
in what state), what kind of
absolute moron would honestly
believe that injuries don't make a
huge difference in a team's
capacity to perform?
I've played sick, played hurt, and on no sleep. I've won some and lost some, but it feels quantifiable different.
Those who say otherwise, even if the don't play the game, can't with a straight face say they've gone to work with the flu or a bad back and not had their performance affected.
The "suck it up" crap is easy to yell from the couch when the worst thing you might do is chip a nail opening your beer can.

Old
01-04-2012, 12:36 AM
McLlwain
Trevor Forever

Since I'm rather a glass-half-full kind of person:

If the Nucks win, it will be a confidence booster for sure

If the Nucks lose, it's only two points lost in January - who cares?

I'm sure the boys would love to take this one, so at least it should be a good game.

I don't care about Boston until we meet again in the playoffs. Right now Chicago is the team to worry about, and nobody else. Well, and Minny obviously, but that's about it for me as of now.

Two points would be nice. And no injuries please.

Old
01-04-2012, 12:59 AM
Spamhuis

There will be some posters who view a loss as the end of the world, but it wouldn't be a big deal in all honesty. Its not a SCF game.

Old
01-04-2012, 01:03 AM
Carl Carlson

Chance at some level of revenge so it means more than just 2 points IMO. If we lose and lose bad I think it would hurt our confidence a bit.

Old
01-04-2012, 01:13 AM
me2
Seahawks 43

Quote:

It's a shame that the canucks even taking the series to game 7 with that list of players out or playing injured doesn't get the respect it deserves. To take a team as good as Boston and Thomas play out of his mind to 7 games with that busted lineup was a amazingly gutsy playoff performance.

The amount of hatred that has blinded people to recognising this is disgusting

Old
01-04-2012, 03:14 AM
Royal Canuck
#Shinkaruk4Calder

Not a season defining game, but trust me getting the 2 points would sure feel nice. Plus I wont get harped by everyone the next day. (Boston Bandwagoners)

Old
01-04-2012, 03:16 AM
Royal Canuck
#Shinkaruk4Calder

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroticBakery View Post

GAME 8!!!!
We can tie the series up with a win though.

Old
01-04-2012, 03:47 AM
El Duderino

2 points at stake, that's what's important. Our "season defining game" will occur in the playoffs.

Closed Thread