HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The AHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The AHL Discuss the American Hockey League; its players, teams, and games.

Robin Lehner goes bonkers

Old
01-02-2012, 04:57 PM
Sports Enthusiast
Not Here To Be Liked

vCash: 500
Robin Lehner goes bonkers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3XAR...ayer_embedded#!

What a moron. The other goalie was sitting back towards his crease just watching the events take place. Wonder how long he will be suspended?

Sports Enthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 07:03 PM
4thliner*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Men Rule View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3XAR...ayer_embedded#!

What a moron. The other goalie was sitting back towards his crease just watching the events take place. Wonder how long he will be suspended?
The other goalie was more like a scared coward. It's a 2 team full brawl. You get challenged by the other goalie who skated over to you, you meet him at center. Kid probably asked the ref that he didn't wanna fight and couldn't defend himself and to stop Lehner. Only explanation there.

Otherwise ref is an idiot because there is no reason to be standing in a corner spectating a brawl just to rush to stop one party while others are doing the same thing.

4thliner* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 07:19 PM
Sports Enthusiast
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thliner View Post
The other goalie was more like a scared coward. It's a 2 team full brawl. You get challenged by the other goalie who skated over to you, you meet him at center. Kid probably asked the ref that he didn't wanna fight and couldn't defend himself and to stop Lehner. Only explanation there.

Otherwise ref is an idiot because there is no reason to be standing in a corner spectating a brawl just to rush to stop one party while others are doing the same thing.
Say what? The Syracuse goalie should have been obliged to fight because Lehner is a loose cannon who felt alone on his own end of the ice? Not sure I see the point there. Just because the other 5 players on each side were duking it out doesn't mean the goalies need too. The last thing I would want is for my goalie to get in a fight and risk an injury.

Old
01-02-2012, 07:25 PM
wjhl2009fan

Not a great move by Lehner as for games he should not get any more then 5.

wjhl2009fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 07:36 PM
GarbageGoal
Follow the Buzzards

Quote:
LOL. Maybe it's because when you're winning the game comfortably and doing your job (stopping pucks) unlike Lehner was, you don't want to get tossed.

I remember a few years back in Providence, Ari Ahonen of Albany went all the way down the ice to attack a player during a scrum and the Bruins goalie, Chris Madden who was having an awesome game and on a call-up trying to prove himself as AHL worthy, had to fight him and they both got tossed......and the Providence backup Matt Underhill almost blew the game. That's what you do when you suck, I guess. Goad the other team into BS. It's a chickenbleep move.

If you look at the video, Deslauriers didn't even have his head turned that way. He never saw Lehner coming until the ref cut him off.

GarbageGoal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 11:06 PM
4thliner*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarbageGoal View Post
LOL. Maybe it's because when you're winning the game comfortably and doing your job (stopping pucks) unlike Lehner was, you don't want to get tossed.

I remember a few years back in Providence, Ari Ahonen of Albany went all the way down the ice to attack a player during a scrum and the Bruins goalie, Chris Madden who was having an awesome game and on a call-up trying to prove himself as AHL worthy, had to fight him and they both got tossed......and the Providence backup Matt Underhill almost blew the game. That's what you do when you suck, I guess. Goad the other team into BS. It's a chickenbleep move.

If you look at the video, Deslauriers didn't even have his head turned that way. He never saw Lehner coming until the ref cut him off.
You are talking about Calder cup MVP here and one of the best goaltending prospects in the world.

It is Deslauriers who is a nobody compared to Lehner. Bingo team sucks cuz they lost a bunch of vets after winning the cup. Remember the run they has last year in the 2nd half?

Old
01-02-2012, 11:22 PM
GarbageGoal
Follow the Buzzards

Quote:
You are talking about Calder cup MVP here and one of the best goaltending prospects in the world.

It is Deslauriers who is a nobody compared to Lehner. Bingo team sucks cuz they lost a bunch of vets after winning the cup. Remember the run they has last year in the 2nd half?
Lehner may not suck in general, but on this night he did and was outclassed by a "nobody" (who has played in the NHL).

I know who won the cup last year and they were loaded. A lot easier to do your job which is to stop pucks when you have good guys in front of you I guess. Considering this guy is going to be playing for Ottawa he better get used to dealing with adversity. Senators already had the biggest headcase goalie of all time.

Old
01-02-2012, 11:33 PM
smitty10

Good on the other goalie for not fighting. He has no obiligation to and when he's having a good game, why would he? Lehner really makes himself look bad here.

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 12:03 AM
adsfan

Quote:

This is the problem with separate conferences. I didn't recognize Lehner's name. If he wants to be the next Ray Emery, fine. However, he may end up fighting some team's enforcer instead of their goalie.

adsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 12:16 AM
4thliner*

Quote:
Lehner may not suck in general, but on this night he did and was outclassed by a "nobody" (who has played in the NHL).

I know who won the cup last year and they were loaded. A lot easier to do your job which is to stop pucks when you have good guys in front of you I guess. Considering this guy is going to be playing for Ottawa he better get used to dealing with adversity. Senators already had the biggest headcase goalie of all time.
Dude have you even been watching the calder cup playoffs last year, as in Bingo games.

Bingo was down 3-0 with their veteran in net. Rookie Lehner who was backing up all year came in and dominated the playoffs.

Bingo had some key vets but they were not a super stacked team in terms of high end talent/top prospects since most of the parent clubs prospects played in Europe and CHL. Cowen was the only top prospect other than Lehner who only got there mid way in the playoffs.

Old
01-03-2012, 12:18 AM
4thliner*

Quote:
Dude have you even been watching the calder cup playoffs last year, as in Bingo games.

Bingo was down 3-0 with their veteran in net. Rookie Lehner who was backing up all year came in and dominated the playoffs.

Bingo had some key vets but they were not a super stacked team in terms of high end talent/top prospects since most of the parent clubs prospects played in Europe and CHL. Cowen was the only top prospect other than Lehner who only got there mid way in the playoffs.
In round 1! about to get swept in 4 by Manchester before lehner came in.

Old
01-03-2012, 12:22 AM
4thliner*

Quote:
Originally Posted by adsfan View Post
This is the problem with separate conferences. I didn't recognize Lehner's name. If he wants to be the next Ray Emery, fine. However, he may end up fighting some team's enforcer instead of their goalie.
Goalie fights are fun and makes brawls over the top fun. As long as no one is getting killed out there as in a tough guy beating on a softy non fighter.

Either disallow line brawls all together or allow goalies to join the action too. You aren't an idiot for wanting to throw down too. Goalies are part of the team on the ice.

Old
01-03-2012, 12:39 AM
GarbageGoal
Follow the Buzzards

Quote:

I've already told you I know all about it. I watch and listen to as many AHL games that don't involve my team as just about anyone. It's funny that you said Bingo lost a lot of vets in one post, and that's why they suck this year, but the next post you're downplaying what they meant to winning the Cup last year and it was all Lehner.

Lehner was outstanding during the playoffs. Doesn't mean I have to praise him for sucking on this night and deciding getting thrown out of the game was the best option while Deslauriers was smart and stuck around to do what he's paid for.

Old
01-03-2012, 12:46 AM
Sports Enthusiast
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:

Quote:
In round 1! about to get swept in 4 by Manchester before lehner came in.
Wrong. They were down 3-1. They won Game 2 in OT

Old
01-03-2012, 12:50 AM
Sports Enthusiast
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:

When I saw this video I thought of Emery right off the bat. Though, I don't think Emery was that talented to begin with. This could be a one time thing but I would be lieing if I didn't say that was really bizarre.

As for whether he is going to be good or not, idk. Every goalie is entitled to a hot stretch or a year in their career, skaters too. He is definitely not on the same level this year

Old
01-03-2012, 01:08 AM
Royal Canuck
Go Jumbo Joe!

vCash: 814
This isn't the first time Lehner has freaked out at the refs. remember last years WJC? he flipped.

400th post!

Royal Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 09:20 AM
pelts35.com

Quote:

Look at the video again. The Syracuse goalie isn't even looking in Lehner's direction. He's watching the action to the left of him.

Lehner had no business leaving the crease and the suspension should be lengthy.

pelts35.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 03:50 PM
Sports Enthusiast
Not Here To Be Liked

If we lose Brian Stewart for this i'm gunna go find Lehner and drag him down here and let Mario Larocque have at em. lol

Last edited by Sports Enthusiast: 01-03-2012 at 05:19 PM.
Old
01-03-2012, 04:49 PM
Sports Enthusiast
Not Here To Be Liked

He ONLY got 3 games for this??? Weak.

http://theahl.com/ahl-announces-suspension-p175249

BTW...does the AHL have a rulebook available online via the site? Because on the ECHL site they do and when penalties in games occur and when suspensions and fines are given they put the rule number in parenthesis.

Old
01-03-2012, 04:53 PM
GarbageGoal
Follow the Buzzards

Quote:
Wrong. They were down 3-1. They won Game 2 in OT
I was gonna say that didn't sound right......trust me, if Manchester had gotten Yankeed, they would never hear the end of it......

And speaking of Emery and Bingo New Year's Eve brawls......it's mandatory to post this.....

Old
01-03-2012, 04:54 PM
GarbageGoal
Follow the Buzzards

Quote:

BTW...does the AHL have a rulebook available online via the site? Because on the ECHL site they do and when penalties in games occur and when suspensions and fines are given they put the rule number in parenthesis.
http://theahl.com/rules-s11581

Old
01-03-2012, 05:27 PM
Sports Enthusiast
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
I was gonna say that didn't sound right......trust me, if Manchester had gotten Yankeed, they would never hear the end of it......

And speaking of Emery and Bingo New Year's Eve brawls......it's mandatory to post this.....

Then here is Emery's top moment:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TbZA...eature=related

Old
01-03-2012, 08:58 PM
adsfan

Quote:

He pushed two officials. He should have gotten 5 games as a minimum.

Old
01-03-2012, 09:49 PM
adsfan

Quote:

Old Time Hockey!!!

Old
01-03-2012, 09:56 PM
wjhl2009fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelts35.com View Post
Look at the video again. The Syracuse goalie isn't even looking in Lehner's direction. He's watching the action to the left of him.

Lehner had no business leaving the crease and the suspension should be lengthy.
While i agree he should not have left the crease but i don't agree the suspension should be lengthy 3 games is about right.

wjhl2009fan is offline   Reply With Quote