HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Tennessean: Vokoun ready, Johnson out

Closed Thread

Old
12-17-2005, 05:29 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

vCash: 500
Tennessean: Vokoun ready, Johnson out

Wasn't Johnson just going on about how he could "probably play" on Thursday, but definitely on Saturday? Well, he didn't practice yesterday and is listed as "out" for tonight. Not that I'm overly sad, considering both Smithson and Fiddler have played better than he was playing before he was injured anyway.

The real story: Vokoun practiced, said that he's ready...only a little uncomfortable with his knee, but "the doctor said it might feel that way for the next four months." and wants to play. The question is...do you give him a little longer to recover, playing the hot hand or Rinne at home against a weaker opponent...or take Vokoun's word for it and hand it back to him? I'd personally like to see Rinne get one more start. Either way, Finley was sent back down.

Old
12-17-2005, 05:33 AM
CloakroomCrusader

I think you give Rinne one more start in front of a close to, if not totally, sold out crowd tonight. Anyways, Vokoun should be 100% when he comes back, not 90% or 95%

Old
12-17-2005, 05:34 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Start Rinne. Dude looked amazing in net (despite giving up 3 goals), you could see he the confidence in him, especially with that huge glove save then he did the hole arm raise thingy.

Old
12-17-2005, 09:31 AM
Testify

I agree here, Rinne looked good in the 1st match and its better than playing Vokoun not at 100%.

Let him rest a bit more!

go rinne

Old
12-17-2005, 11:27 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

If Vokoun is cleared and ready......I want him to play. Call me selfish, but I want the best chance to get points!

12-17-2005, 11:55 AM
biscuithead

Send a message via AIM to biscuithead
Let Rinne start, we need to see more of him. Plus, if he bombs you can always pull him for Vokie.

Old
12-17-2005, 12:09 PM
handtrick

I think there is more psycology and physiology than meets the eye here [wow how is that for a Saturday morning]

First.....Rinne is on top of the world right now. If he doesn't get another game in Nashville....he goes back to Milly on cloud nine and probably tears it up.

Second....If Rinne starts and gets shelled tonight....that confidence boost has been wasted.

Third....If Rinne starts and gets shelled tonight.....do you want Vokoun coming into a game 3 goals down on a knee that isn't 100%?

Fourth.....Tomas is the ultimate warrior....he admitedly hates to sit....his knee could physiologically use a few more days off....believe me.

Fifth.....Say Rinne comes in and plays another lights out game.....the coaching staff and players know, for sure, the Blackhawk game was no fluke....they can better make long-term decisions about Finley's expendability.

Sixth....If Vokoun starts and he reaggravates the MCL....he may tear the weakened ligament further and ultimately hamper his recovery long term.

Seventh.....Tomas knows his body....if he says he is ready to play.....he is probably ready enough....and we could use the points for sure.

Eighth.....The BJs have a terrible road record....Rinne will have a packed, enthusiastic crowd behind him....the chances of him getting truly shelled are relatively low in my estimation.

Overall, I think you could make a good arguement to start either.....all that being said....I would start Rinne tonight.

Old
12-17-2005, 12:30 PM
mmneely932

I say start Rinne. TV could use the rest now, he may not get any further down the road and besides that, I REALLY want to see Rinne play up close and personal as opposed to on television.

Old
12-17-2005, 02:17 PM
biscuithead

Send a message via AIM to biscuithead
Quote:
Originally Posted by handtrick
I think there is more psycology and physiology than meets the eye here [wow how is that for a Saturday morning]

First.....Rinne is on top of the world right now. If he doesn't get another game in Nashville....he goes back to Milly on cloud nine and probably tears it up.

Second....If Rinne starts and gets shelled tonight....that confidence boost has been wasted.

Third....If Rinne starts and gets shelled tonight.....do you want Vokoun coming into a game 3 goals down on a knee that isn't 100%?

Fourth.....Tomas is the ultimate warrior....he admitedly hates to sit....his knee could physiologically use a few more days off....believe me.

Fifth.....Say Rinne comes in and plays another lights out game.....the coaching staff and players know, for sure, the Blackhawk game was no fluke....they can better make long-term decisions about Finley's expendability.

Sixth....If Vokoun starts and he reaggravates the MCL....he may tear the weakened ligament further and ultimately hamper his recovery long term.

Seventh.....Tomas knows his body....if he says he is ready to play.....he is probably ready enough....and we could use the points for sure.

Eighth.....The BJs have a terrible road record....Rinne will have a packed, enthusiastic crowd behind him....the chances of him getting truly shelled are relatively low in my estimation.

Overall, I think you could make a good arguement to start either.....all that being said....I would start Rinne tonight.
Ninth.....Whatever happens handtrick can say "I told you so!"

Last edited by biscuithead: 12-17-2005 at 02:38 PM.
Old
12-17-2005, 02:27 PM
handtrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuithead
Ninth.....Whatever happens handtrick can say "I todl you so!"
Just pointing out....not the easiest decision to make as there are a lot of variables at play here

Old
12-17-2005, 03:37 PM
Pred303

it's official, vokoun activated this afternoon off the IR,and finley sent back down to Milwaukee

Closed Thread