HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

2011-12 Goaltenders

Old
01-03-2012, 05:17 PM
EagleBelfour

vCash: 500
2011-12 Goaltenders

Perhaps it was not worthy of a thread itself, but I didn't found anywhere to ask the question. Unlike most years, I am very impress by the performances of alot of the goaltenders in this tournament. All three of Petr Mrazek (CZE), Sami Aittokallio (FIN) and Andrei Vasilevsky (RUS) have been phenomenal in my opinion and a joy to watch, while Scott Wedgewood (CAN) and Jack Campbell (USA) have also played very well. Is it only an impression on my part or do the quality of goaltending this year is higher than most years?

Thank You!

PS: I believe Aittokallio, but especially Vasilevsky are gonna be great pros.

EagleBelfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 09:50 PM
clevelandcane

This is the 1st time watching the tourney for me and I am THOROUGHLY impressed by Vasilevsky. The kid (17 years old) is money!!! Who does he play for and what are his draft prospects? Will he play in the NHL or stay in Russia?

clevelandcane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 09:57 PM
EagleBelfour

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevelandcane View Post
This is the 1st time watching the tourney for me and I am THOROUGHLY impressed by Vasilevsky. The kid (17 years old) is money!!! Who does he play for and what are his draft prospects? Will he play in the NHL or stay in Russia?
At 17, Vasilevsky is even more impressive than 19 years old 'veterans' like Campbell of US or Aittokallio. For my money, the best goaltender in the tournament so far. Shown so much poise and confidence in front of his net. I cannot give you a big scouting report on him, he will probably be the first goaltender taken in the 2012 NHL entry draft, in my opinion in the 15-25 range.

EagleBelfour is offline   Reply With Quote