HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game #39: St. Louis Blues vs. Pheonix Coyotes

Old
01-03-2012, 09:06 PM
Dolph Ziggler
IC Champion

vCash: 380
If it was anyone other than Jax missing wide I'd be irritated.

I just chuckle instead

Dolph Ziggler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 09:06 PM
Stang

vCash: 500
oh jackman...lol. I would rip on him for missing the net but our forwards usually do the same thing on odd man rushes

Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 09:09 PM
Fred Murtz

Steen sighting

Fred Murtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 09:15 PM
Dolph Ziggler
IC Champion

Can't miss that nose lol

Old
01-03-2012, 09:31 PM
Stang

bergyyyyyyyyy!

Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 09:32 PM
superblues
:sarcasm: implied

Nice ENG, Bergs! Hope that helps the confidence.

superblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 09:32 PM
Spektre

Berggy gets 1 out of my predicted 3 but he had chances for sure at a couple more.

Spektre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 09:34 PM
Celtic Note
Chi Town Bound

Alright. We have righted the ship!

Celtic Note is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 09:34 PM
HooliganX2

The ENG seemed to help Stewart maybe it will help Berglund.

HooliganX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 09:40 PM
Fred Murtz

Bergie ENG

Old
01-03-2012, 09:53 PM
Fred Murtz

Halak post game interview. Hot goalie for Blues right now?

Old
01-03-2012, 10:17 PM
Fred Murtz

Barret Jackman post game interview

Jamie Langenbrunner post game interview

Roman Polak highlights

Halak highlights

Old
01-03-2012, 10:35 PM
Mike Liut

vCash: 1796
I missed the game tonight. Can somebody post what the lines were without Steen ? TIA

Mike Liut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 10:48 PM
Dolph Ziggler
IC Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Liut View Post
I missed the game tonight. Can somebody post what the lines were without Steen ? TIA
When the game started I think the lines were this:

Perron-Backes-Stewart
D'Agostini-Berglund-Oshie
Sobotka-Arnott-Langenbrunner
Grachev-Nichol-Crombeen

Old
01-03-2012, 10:50 PM
h22prelude93

Just got back from the game, and I have to say anyone who still thinks we should trade Bergs is absolutely crazy. This kid's confidence is really starting to grow and it is showing in the way he plays...I know he only scored the empty netter but he had such a huge impact every time he was on the ice. I also believe in team spirit and I think losing would be a HUGE blow to the guys(especially Osh). Also, if Jackman continues to play like this we are going to have no choice but to resign him. Just my 2 cents...hope everyone enjoyed the game as much as I did. Go Blues!!!

h22prelude93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 10:56 PM
Dolph Ziggler
IC Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by h22prelude93 View Post
Just got back from the game, and I have to say anyone who still thinks we should trade Bergs is absolutely crazy. This kid's confidence is really starting to grow and it is showing in the way he plays...I know he only scored the empty netter but he had such a huge impact every time he was on the ice. I also believe in team spirit and I think losing would be a HUGE blow to the guys(especially Osh). Also, if Jackman continues to play like this we are going to have no choice but to resign him. Just my 2 cents...hope everyone enjoyed the game as much as I did. Go Blues!!!
Yeah Berglund had several opportunities. Could have had a couple tonight. He played well

Old
01-03-2012, 10:59 PM
HooliganX2

Quote:
Originally Posted by h22prelude93 View Post
I also think the same could be said for Stewart he seems to be picking up his game. I prefer to wait it out then to trade them and regret it until we get an offer we cannot refuse.

Old
01-03-2012, 11:07 PM
The Note
Overrated

Good game for the Blues, got back to playing the way they had and got the win. Lots of home game's need all the points we can get this month

The Note is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 11:43 PM
Bluesnatic27

Not two days ago, most were saying how this team is going into a massive tailspin and how we should kick stewie and Bergy as soon as possible, but after one win, everythings right as rain...you gotta love Blues fans

Bluesnatic27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 11:48 PM
h22prelude93

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganX2 View Post
I also think the same could be said for Stewart he seems to be picking up his game. I prefer to wait it out then to trade them and regret it until we get an offer we cannot refuse.
Definitely. A few games back I predicted Stewart would go on a scoring spree and so far he's proved me right. I like the chemistry this team has. I would also like to add that there are very few roster players on this team I would consider trade-able right now. They seem like a very close knit group and I wouldn't want to mess with that much. However, come trade deadline...if the offer is right...I'm sure Army won't hesitate to pull the trigger. Will be interested to see how everything plays out.

h22prelude93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 12:12 AM
Oberyn
Prince of Dorne

Man has Perron ever looked good since returning from injury. His play on the third goal to get the puck back up was incredible, if any of our other players got that puck we'd be setting up from behind our blue line for another 10 seconds. With Amac's career in jeopardy, Perron is one of the few guys on our team that plays with finesse and creativity. Hopefully Schwartz can turn out like Perron in a few years.

Oberyn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 12:39 AM
sh724

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesnatic27 View Post
Not two days ago, most were saying how this team is going into a massive tailspin and how we should kick stewie and Bergy as soon as possible, but after one win, everythings right as rain...you gotta love Blues fans
Actually it was only like 3-4 people saying the same things over and over the majority of people did not say anything about trading them. Every fan base in every sport has fans like that it is not just the Blues that have them

sh724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 12:49 AM
HooliganX2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesnatic27 View Post
I've actually been pretty vocal against trading any of our guys. I just don't see many trades that make sense that would make us a better team now and for the future.

Old
01-04-2012, 02:53 AM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Never thought the team would start losing, but I think they should still trade Berglund if they can get a needed piece like an upgraded actual 2d line center in return. One game where he gets golden chances (that he still can't finish) and people are pulling the "I can't believe anyone wanted to trade this guy" card? Yeesh.

PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 03:35 AM
rumrokh
No accent?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
Never thought the team would start losing, but I think they should still trade Berglund if they can get a needed piece like an upgraded actual 2d line center in return. One game where he gets golden chances (that he still can't finish) and people are pulling the "I can't believe anyone wanted to trade this guy" card? Yeesh.
Last year, centers 60 to 31 in scoring had 37 to 54 points and the same range for points per game was .5 to .7. And many of those guys are considerably worse than Berglund defensively. Plus, he's just a few points out of that range in a year when the whole team is failing to score. He's not a #1 center, but he is definitely a 2nd line center.

I'm open to discussion about what kind of 2nd line center a playoff team or a Cup contender needs, or that Backes isn't dangerous/productive enough for the Blues to also run with Berglund, or any number of sensible analyses. But let's be clear about what we're talking about instead of casually saying Berglund isn't even a second line center.

rumrokh is online now   Reply With Quote