HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Possibility of Kreider making an appearence this season

Old
01-04-2012, 01:34 AM
3Four3

vCash: 500
While Christensen is still part of our organization to a degree, never.

3Four3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 01:35 AM
SomE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
With Kreider and Miller , even Thomas competing for roster spots next yr it has me thinking the team should not sign a big name LW

just go with:

Anisimov, Stepan, Gaborik
Dubinsky, Richards, Callahan
Hagelin, Boyle, Miller/Kreider/Thomas
Rupp, Lindberg/Mitchell, Prust

Can always deal for a rental winger at the deadline
i will bet you 100 bucks that none of them make the team out of camp.

Last edited by hototogisu: 01-04-2012 at 01:49 AM. Reason: not needed
SomE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 04:18 AM
Callagraves
Block shots

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomE View Post
i will bet you 100 bucks that none of them make the team out of camp.
Kreider has the best chance.

Callagraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 05:09 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Kreider's class graduates in 2013. The current CBA has that deadline of August 15,2013. All of the indications seem to be Kreider leaving school after this coming semester. He practiced 2 days in late August at the Rangers facility to show his commitment to the Rangers. Gordie Clark said on one of the Traverse City broadcasts that the Rangers expect Kreider to turn pro this spring. He answered my twitter question about Kreider. That was after Kreider skated with the Rangers. Jerry York discussed Kreider returning to school for his junior instead of turning pro as "one more year".

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 06:34 AM
donpaulo
Capt Barry Beck

Anisimov made it to the show for 1 playoff game in 08, but that was after two full seasons in the AHL

Lets hope CK doesn't get the call because it would be because of injury that he does...

I would say 0 possibility

donpaulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 06:51 AM
GAGLine

Kreider will not play for the Rangers this season. He will sign sometime after his college season ends, and that ELC will take effect starting next season. He may then sign an ATO to play with the Whale, the way Hagelin did last year. If he does, he will still not play for the Rangers this season.

It's very rare that a college player joins an NHL team midseason, especially during a playoff race. The Rangers aren't going to put him into the lineup when we are (hopefully) battling for the division title. And they are certainly not going to waste a year of his ELC.

Hopefully he can get some time with the Whale on an ATO.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 07:03 AM
WeWillWinTonight

Doubt he joins the rangers this year but don't doubt hell go to whale for a bit.

Think how this kid must be itching to throw on a blue shirt. He practiced a few skates this summer and now he sees his future team topping the league. I don't know about you but I did a lot of day dreaming in college and I was never prospect of a stanley cup contending hockey team. If he has it his way he will be here ASAP. Just not likely this season

WeWillWinTonight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 07:18 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

For a player to play in the playoffs,he has to be on the roster prior to the trade deadline or teams are allowed 4 recalls from the AHL.

Article 13.12

Quote:
(l) During the period following 3:00 p.m. New York time of the fortieth (40th)
day immediately preceding the final day of the Regular Season no Player may be
Recalled from Loan to a club of any league affiliated with the NHL, except that:

(i) A Club may exercise four Recalls from a club or clubs of any
league affiliated with the NHL, of Player(s) listed on its own
Reserve List.

(ii) Players may be Recalled under Article 13.12(m).

(iii) Players may be Recalled upon completion of the regular season
and playoff schedule of the club to which they were Loaned.
Kreider is on the Rangers reserve list(Unsigned Draft Choice). He is not playing for a club affiliated with the Rangers.

NHL teams assign players to the AHL at the NHL trade deadline to make them eligible for the AHL playoffs. The AHL has a clear day when the AHL playoff rosters are set. Players signing amateur tryout contracts in the AHL are allowed to play in the AHL playoffs after the AHL rosters are set.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 12:29 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Blooded View Post
IIRC he can sign with the Rangers after the NCAA season is over, but this will burn off a year of his ELC. If he plays for the Whale, the contract will slide.
Aside from rushing him (just a bit) the above is the dominant factor.
Unless we are deep in the season/playoffs and freakishly suffer 2 or 3 losses at C and can't really cannibalize the W position to offset, I don't see that even getting a thought.

The guy who could fit here more quickly is stay at home D McIlrath, where paired with a guy like MDZ his green skating would be minimized. He should get at least a cup of coffee..

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 12:32 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
Kreider will not play for the Rangers this season. He will sign sometime after his college season ends, and that ELC will take effect starting next season. He may then sign an ATO to play with the Whale, the way Hagelin did last year. If he does, he will still not play for the Rangers this season.

It's very rare that a college player joins an NHL team midseason, especially during a playoff race. The Rangers aren't going to put him into the lineup when we are (hopefully) battling for the division title. And they are certainly not going to waste a year of his ELC.

Hopefully he can get some time with the Whale on an ATO.
This ^ says it best as to not just why he won't play for NYR this season, but the value of the ATO and the parallel to Hagelin's path.

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 12:53 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Let him graduate and take some time off. He deserves the rest. No need to rush him into a pro contract immediately after he graduates.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 12:55 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Let him graduate and take some time off. He deserves the rest. No need to rush him into a pro contract immediately after he graduates.
Wait, maybe I'm behind here, but isn't he a junior? Is he graduating a year early?

If he's graduating a year early, then I can't see him playing professional hockey at all this season considering the spring semester at most colleges finishes in May.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 01:10 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
I think it would be very beneficial for him to play 10-15 games in the AHL at the end of the season. Give him a glimpse into what he needs to prepare for in the off-season.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 01:19 PM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post
I can't see them burning a year on his ELC. It is not impossible but I think it is very unlikely.
this

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 01:27 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiSnacks17 View Post
Wait, maybe I'm behind here, but isn't he a junior? Is he graduating a year early?

If he's graduating a year early, then I can't see him playing professional hockey at all this season considering the spring semester at most colleges finishes in May.
Yes. From what I understand he'll be graduating a year early.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
I think it would be very beneficial for him to play 10-15 games in the AHL at the end of the season. Give him a glimpse into what he needs to prepare for in the off-season.
Personally, I'm not so sure he needs a glimpse into what he'll be getting into. He's already played at the WC's against men, and his strength / conditioning won't really be an issue. What he needs is time to adjust to the pace of play and continue to hone his skills.

However, it's really up to him, so we'll see.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 10:38 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
August 15, 2013
bobbop--is that a firm date, even if he graduates a year early? Thanks in advance.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote