HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

JVR replace Hartnell on the top line

Old
01-03-2012, 07:04 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeFlyer View Post
Secong the yes please.

He's not playing well so shut him down if he's hurt... Hell, bench him for just not being good enough if you have to... Might as well try to either let him heal or tell him he needs to be better.

As for some of the other stuff, agreed that You don't touch the top line, and that our 2nd and 3rd lines hold pretty much irrelevant titles. Briere is our 2nd best centre he's just not clicking with anyone at the mo, keep switching his wingers til something clicks I suppose. Must be a pair for him from Voracek, Read, Simmonds, Talbot, and JvR...

Maybe Even give Schenn a run on wing? We have enough centres and he might kick on now... Though Briere and Schenn might leave some defensive questions.

Does anyone else think that we could maybe do with a few defensive forwards? Or at least a defense oriented line? I mean Couturier is good at that and Talbot was supposed to be but even he attacks now, Just feel we could do with one line who don't play D in the offensive zone...
Schenn is a natural center though. Talbot, Couturier, and Briere might be centers (Giroux too), but they all have plenty of experience at wing. With his injuries, Schenn is already behind the eight-ball with centering NHL lines. He should stay there imo. With Jagr and JvR hurt I'd go:

Hartnell-Giroux-Briere
Read-Schenn-Voracek
Talbot-Couturier-Simmonds
Rinaldo-Zolnierczyk-Shelley (i know i know, realistically he'll be there anyway)

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 07:18 PM
FlyersFan61290

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Circle OneTimer View Post
he had 58 points in 48 games some year ago. Disregarding it because he got injured is like saying Crosby's last year didn't count because he got injured and therefore people were hyped up about nothing .

Briere hasn't been playing too well but still name 3 people outside of the top line who have produced more than him?
Ok so 2.5 to 3 seasons of good regular season numbers spanning from 05-08. And as for the second part of your comment I really don't get your point. I never argued that he was not productive or that he is our 3rd line center. For some reason you seem to think I have it out for Briere when thats not the case at all. He is our second best center and I don't think anybody could argue with that.

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 10:38 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Well according to Dave Issac, the lines at practice today were:

Hartnell-Giroux-Read
Talbot-Briere-Voracek
JVR-Schenn-Simmonds
Rinaldo-Couturier-Harry Z

So I guess Lavy didnt like JVR on that line as well.

sa cyred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 11:46 AM
FlyersMania2

so unfortunate that today I read JVR would replace Jagr on top line - didn't we try JVR on that line to start the season?

Was at the winter classic and it looked like JVR single-handedly made that line less productive.

He has been completely invisible lately - in fact he reminds me of Carter except that at least Carter could be counted on for like 35-40 goals per season (and I have never been a Carter fan).

I thought Lavy was the type of coach that rewarded hard work, etc - honestly I thought Talbot looked better on that line.

I am worried that the more we showcase JVR, the more aware of his disappearing act other teams will be and we won't be able to unload him for a D-man.

FlyersMania2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 11:53 AM
Amateur Hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post

Hartnell-Giroux-Read
Talbot-Briere-Voracek
JVR-Schenn-Simmonds

I'm fine with this. Giroux and Read seem to have really good chemistry whenever they're out on the PK together or when there are fragmented line changes. Talbot moving up to second line wing is interesting, though.

Amateur Hour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 12:01 PM
FlyersMania2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amateur Hour View Post
I'm fine with this. Giroux and Read seem to have really good chemistry whenever they're out on the PK together or when there are fragmented line changes. Talbot moving up to second line wing is interesting, though.
According to Sam Cardachi's article on philly.com - Giroux-Hartnell-JVR

Quote:
Though there are conflicting reports on what part of Jaromir Jagr's body is injured, this much is certain: The veteran winger's absence will hurt the Flyers' struggling offense and weaken their power play.

Flyers general manager Paul Holmgren announced Tuesday that Jagr would miss seven to 10 days because of a mild groin strain. Holmgren declined a request to speak with reporters and instead issued a statement about Jagr's condition.

Flyers winger Jaromir Jagr skates around the net trying to get to the puck during Monday's Winter Classic at Citizens Bank Park. The 39-year-old will miss seven to 10 days with an injury.

After Monday's 3-2 loss to the New York Rangers in the Winter Classic, Jagr said he had aggravated a calf injury.

In any event, another player who has been slowed by injuries this season, James van Riemsdyk, figures to get a chance to shine on the top line, with Claude Giroux and Scott Hartnell.

Old
01-04-2012, 12:10 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersMania2 View Post
According to Sam Cardachi's article on philly.com - Giroux-Hartnell-JVR
Hmm. I think that article may be old.

On twitter Sam said:

Quote:
Read is with G and Hartnell on top line. JVR is with Schenn and Simmonds.
Quote:
'm off, but according to @daveisaac, 19-28-24; 27-48-93; 21-10-17; 26-14-29. RT @hockeywine: @BroadStBull what line is jvr,schenn, simm on?
Dave was also at practice today while Sam was not.

sa cyred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 12:14 PM
FlyersMania2

Quote:
Hmm. I think that article may be old.

On twitter Sam said:

Dave was also at practice today while Sam was not.

Could be - but was tweeted by Phillysport and BroadStBull (Sam) around 9 AM today

Old
01-04-2012, 12:50 PM
Top Cheese Danish

From 20 minutes ago...

Quote:
jeffskversky Jeff Skversky
Flyers rookie Matt Read practiced on the top line with Claude Giroux + Scott Hartnell today and expects to be there tomorrow vs Chicago
Looks like JVR is out, Read is in.

Top Cheese Danish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 01:52 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

I think I like that. We'll see how it pans out

01-04-2012, 02:26 PM
Left Circle OneTimer

Read played on Giroux's line the first game without Jagr against Winnipeg and Giroux had 3 assists that game. Either way i'm glad its read and not JVR.

If JVR is with Schenn and Simmonds then i guess talbot is with Briere and Voracek on the 2nd?

Left Circle OneTimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 04:49 PM
JoeFlyer

Quote:

Hartnell-Giroux-Read
Talbot-Briere-Voracek
JVR-Schenn-Simmonds

Hmmm I quite like that 2nd line, In a way it seems like a lite version of the top line (when Jagr is in). Hopefully it will work. I can't really see the point of JvR on 3rd, just bench him if he's hurt and bench him if he's not, whats the point in playing him in a reduced capacity because he's not playing well? Either let him heal or give him a kick up the arse...

JoeFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote