HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Julien Fired ???

Closed Thread

Old
11-05-2003, 06:29 AM
Bob Bastards

vCash: 500
I just hope that Bob Gainey is inteligent enought to find out that even with Scotty Bowman behind this bunch of clown, we will not win a lot of game. They play soft, no spine, as soon as trail by even only one goal, they start to play like they have lead in their skate. No forward is skating hard to reach for the puck and they don't buried the couple of chance they have. Rib is a good center, not a superstart, but a good player. Yes their is some flaw in is game, but is upside compensate. But for God sake, you can't ask him to carry the team in by himself in the offensive departement. We need Koivu back ASAP.
I give Bob until friday and I will bet anything that some player will find a one way ticket to Hamilton in their locker... Forget the rumor about Julien being fired, Bob is smarter then that, we are not in the Houle era anymore...

Old
11-05-2003, 06:37 AM
Joe Cole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob *******s
Rib is a good center, not a superstart, but a good player. Yes their is some flaw in is game, but is upside compensate. But for God sake, you can't ask him to carry the team in by himself in the offensive departement. .
I was waiting for someone to mention the holy Ribeiro's name. So, before he couldn't score before becuase he had Gino and some other cement head as a line mate. Now he has arguably the best two wingers. The results?

I am being exta hard on Ribs because it is obvious when you look at the habs on the ice, he has the most pure talent. Evryone has a job on the team. The goalie has to stop the puck, the defense, to defend and create turnovers. The scoring line...has to score.

I guess he hasn't had his chance yet.

Sorry, I am in a mood.I shouldn't be picking on Ribs so much. I can't help myself....

Old
11-05-2003, 06:47 AM
Bob Bastards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Cole
I was waiting for someone to mention the holy Ribeiro's name. So, before he couldn't score before becuase he had Gino and some other cement head as a line mate. Now he has arguably the best two wingers. The results?

I am being exta hard on Ribs because it is obvious when you look at the habs on the ice, he has the most pure talent. Evryone has a job on the team. The goalie has to stop the puck, the defense, to defend and create turnovers. The scoring line...has to score.

I guess he hasn't had his chance yet.

Sorry, I am in a mood.I shouldn't be picking on Ribs so much. I can't help myself....
I agree with you, right now its seem that everybody on this team have cement hands. I don't know why. My point is that if we put all our faith in Rib it will just not happen. He need a better player on the first line and be our second line. I don't think is good enought to carry the team by himself. And I never thought of Rib as a scorer but more as a playmaker, I don't think he will never score 30 goal.
By the way, I personaly don't hink he was the worst player yesterday. Like Julien say, when the fourth line (even with Sunstrom doing nothing) is your best line on the ice, your in deep $hit...
And to top that, Begin could be out for a couple of game with injurie...

Old
11-05-2003, 06:50 AM
HABitual

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS
The big differance there is that the Rangers have good players in Kovalev, Carter, Poti, Messier, Nedved, Lindros and the list goes one. Our team has what Koivu (often injured) and Theo and then it goes to 2nd rate players to cast offs-players on their last leg and then to rookies. We really should expect to lose and the Rags shouldn't (and they aren't now), the fans in Montreal don't seem to know that though.

Too many people here think this team is way better than it really is, now that we are losing everyone is pointing fingers and placing blame.
Unfortunately it seems as is Gainey has accepted this logic.

Old
11-05-2003, 06:54 AM
Darz

Julien AIN'T gonna be fired. Any GM who would fire a head coach after this shot of a stint would be a complete jackass (unless the coach showed to be completely over his head, which Julien hasen't).
I believe Bob Gainey is not a complete jackass, therefore.......

Old
11-05-2003, 07:33 AM
Capitano

Julien has until Christmas I'm afraid, or the All-Star break at the latest. The Montreal media (love 'em or hate 'em) will not let this team become a bottom rung team without heads rolling. BG is known for being a very patient man so I hope he changes the downward spiral we've been in ever since we traded Patrick.

Cap

Old
11-05-2003, 07:59 AM
doc lafleur

Julian will last a least until Xmas, the coach is not the problem. Rivet yeaterday was almost in stiches over one reporter questionning is -4, he said on RDS" I had a couple of rough game against Ottawa, I was -5, so i am +1 for the rest of the season". It nice to find a plus in something negative.

Player's should have to watch every game they play, then vote fore the guy who did not give 110%. 3 votes you get a fined of $1000.00, 5 votes $2000.00, 10 votes $5000.00, 15 for 10K. money get's drawn @ home game, for the poor fan that's paying for hockey Ticket's, but get's the ice-capades. Zednik would have paid out about 60k by now.

If the player's can't figure it out, i guess we could e-mail BG.

Old
11-05-2003, 08:17 AM
Corey

Quote:
Originally Posted by raketheleaves
I hate to say it, but you know this team wouldn't be playing like this under Carbonneau...
How do you know? The personnel would still be the same.

Old
11-05-2003, 08:22 AM
Corey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8
"Team B," is teams like NY and Montreal, where it's a bunch of one dimensional players thrown together, having shared former offensive 'glory' (to ane xtent) in the past.

Different players, different results. As much as I respect Lemaire, I'd say it has more to do with the players than the coaches. Even Lemaire couldn't turn around this team (IMO).
Don't lump the Rangers withthe Habs. The Rangers are playing good hockey and will make the playoffs.

Old
11-05-2003, 08:36 AM
TwineSniper

Send a message via MSN to TwineSniper
This is one area where I feel the Canadiens have lacked in past seasons...and although I agree that it isn;t completely the coaches fault, I think it might be beneficial to cut them all loose, with the exception of Rollie Melanson.

New Head Coach: Larry Robinson, or bring back Alain Vigneault.
New Assistants: bring Back Guy Carbonneau and Dave King.

Old
11-05-2003, 11:30 AM
Cariboux

I think that Claude Julien will finish the year in MTL. If BG wants to make a change, he will wait until this summer when some great coaches will be available.

There is a lot of people who said that Jacques Martin will not come back to OTT if they don't win the cup. Joel Quenneville could also be available. I don't think that if Julien is fired right now, a lot of coaches can take his spot

Old
11-05-2003, 03:02 PM
danboulie

Send a message via MSN to danboulie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leprechaun
http://www.radio-canada.ca/sports/

I don't believe it but Radio-Canada talks about a rumor from Sportsticker that Julien coach his last game in Montréal and possibly with Gainey coming back as coach....

Difficult to believe it !
Yea, you said it.
I have but one word to describe what you heard, and it'll probably be starred out, but it's ********!

Old
11-05-2003, 06:46 PM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs
Minnesota, Nashville and Columbus all offer a more exciting brand of hockey than Montreal currently does.

I'm not talking about wins or losses, but the effort on the ice. Certainly respect starts from the coaching staff, and branches out. I'm not certain many players are happy playing this brutal defensive style, particularily the ones with a nose for offence.

In today's NHL, a good defensive player gets a pat on the back, and not the big bucks. You tell me where you want to play? In a system that will probably keep your stats, and salary, bottomed out.. or in a system that allows players to generate offence.

Sure, defence can win the games, if you can score the goals. This team is playing the wrong style, with the wrong players. Zednick, Bulis... the youngsters.. they gotta be set loose.

Is it Julien's fault? I don't know, I'm not behind the scenes. Did Gainey tell him to play this way?

The first 6 games, teams hadn't identified our system, and it was good for the Habs. Now every team has our gameplan down to a science, and its easy to penetrate.

I really don't think its a coincidence we started losing when we did.

So, are you saying that Barry Trotz is a better coach than Julien?

The Preds have one thing going for them than what the Habs don't; in fact two: youth and physical presence. The kids work their buts off. Here, the kids are in Hamilton because we have lazy fat cats up here.

Old
11-05-2003, 06:48 PM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by The~Franchise
This is one area where I feel the Canadiens have lacked in past seasons...and although I agree that it isn;t completely the coaches fault, I think it might be beneficial to cut them all loose, with the exception of Rollie Melanson.

My god, do people have band-aid solutions here. Coaching is not the problem. Larry Robinson? This guy was kicked out of LA and NJ for crying out loud. He's a players' coach, not exactly what we need here, eh?

Carbonneau? Doesn't want to be an assistant.

Julien is fine. Let him bring the kids. Get rid of the useless vets. Then, we'll see.

Old
11-05-2003, 06:53 PM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean
My god, do people have band-aid solutions here. Coaching is not the problem. Larry Robinson? This guy was kicked out of LA and NJ for crying out loud. He's a players' coach, not exactly what we need here, eh?

Carbonneau? Doesn't want to be an assistant.

Julien is fine. Let him bring the kids. Get rid of the useless vets. Then, we'll see.
Well said

Old
11-05-2003, 08:06 PM
Corey

Quote:
Originally Posted by The~Franchise

Maybe Rollie Melanson should be fired because Théodore has been having a Jekyll and Hyde season despite being in the best shape of his life.

Old
11-05-2003, 08:21 PM
Brisebois

Send a message via AIM to Brisebois
All I gotta say is that we have just dropped to an all-time low.

I have never seen Montreal (the poster, Dan Linn) blow up like this.

I don't know if it means that we need a new coach, a new system, or anything, but I DO know that the players have to start hauling ass.

Maybe we should do what RE-HABS (I think) suggested during the pre-season. Say "to hell with this season" and play fast exciting hockey. Lose 7-6 instead of 3-0. Tell the players to play their game and screw any system for now. At least we'll be exciting to watch.

Old
11-05-2003, 11:19 PM
Vlad The Impaler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8
They said the same thing about the NY Rangers not playing like fat cats when Trottier was first hired.
It was quite the contrary, actually, IIRC. People were worried because he was already known as a WAY too nice guy before taking the job.

Old
11-06-2003, 05:14 AM
StanleyCH25

Wow... way to lose faith on a team early in the season. I hope you guys realize we are....

6-6

Most of us assumed we'd be worse off at this point but for some reason, 6-6 being a better position than we thought and still we play the blaming game again.

Yes we have problems. They are being worked on. Have we seen the team with our best forward in it yet? NO! Koivu has not even played a game yet (unless you count his 4th line icetime). As for the veterans, give it time. Geez... just because we (the fans) want certain players out, it does not mean that it will happen overnight. Don't be surprised if we are stuck with this group until the end of the year. The youth movement has started but it does not mean that we will bench all unproducing veterans to play a full lineup of rookies.

Personally, I really like how Julien has worked in a system. He's taking advantage of what the players have to offer and it looks like he's willing to adjust depending on the product he has to work with. The Edmonton game is an awful game to look at. 3 of the 4 goals were awkward bounces that led to open nets or odd deflections. A goalie (and a system and a coach and perfect coverage) cannot account for an odd bounce.

So, I'm not sure about you guys, but I am fully expecting us to miss the playoffs and to be a part of the bottom 1/3 of the league this year. Anything better is really a bonus. I do, however, hope we manage to move a few players out of Montreal to make room for some of our promising youth but I don't expect even that to make us contenders. Look at Florida.. no real veteran forwards and they are having a tough time scoring goals. Same with San Jose... Same with Pittburgh... We're in a very similar boat as these teams.

Old
11-06-2003, 05:17 AM
Darz

Quote:
Originally Posted by patp77
Wow... way to lose faith on a team early in the season. I hope you guys realize we are....

6-6
Actually we are 6-7. Just nitpicking.

You make some good points mind you.

Closed Thread