HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

The Arch City Army Thread

Closed Thread

Old
01-03-2012, 09:29 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1857 Howitzer View Post
Here's a good read. http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=1068655

I just don't think these groups work in NHL hockey.
Before the Nordecke, Crew Stadium had exactly the same problems outlined in that thread after the leaders of the Northend moved to another section. These sections need strong leadership, heavy recruiting and participate especially when the spotlight is not on them.

Old
01-03-2012, 09:34 PM
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd

Send a message via AIM to Matthew
Soccer is more of a chant-favorable sport compared to ice hockey.

Fans need to be inspired to cheer by what they see on the ice, not any particular group of fans. Organic cheers will always be superior compared to one started by one guy, or a group of guys yelling something.

Old
01-03-2012, 09:46 PM
gonz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derby View Post
I give credit to a few of the founders. Their hearts are in the right place but the 227 "fanatic section" has been a BUST EXTRODINAIRE. To call the 4-10 folks who show up there... occaisionally... a standard the all fans should follow? Ugh. Pathetic.
I don't know, the team on the ice seems to emulate them pretty well. Only four show up, from time to time.

When there's gas left in the tank.

Not that I have stats to back that up.

Old
01-03-2012, 09:54 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonz View Post
I don't know, the team on the ice seems to emulate them pretty well. Only four show up, from time to time.

When there's gas left in the tank.

Not that I have stats to back that up.
Just keep piling on!

Old
01-03-2012, 09:57 PM
DaveCBJ
Boom. Outta here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post
Just keep piling on!
Strong.

Old
01-03-2012, 10:01 PM
gonz

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBusChill View Post
It isn't like there are any bandwagon CBJ fans.
Ah, well, now you're starting to wander into territory of modern sports arenas. At one time, it used to be about going to the game and watching. Now, it's all about having a night out for the family/with the guys/before you go to some night club/etc. There's too much competition for the entertainment dollar so teams tend to cater to the Not We*. So rather than people being excited by the game, they're excited by the giveaways, jumbotrons, t-shirt cannons, kiss cams, and so on.

I don't think there's really any elite status granted for suffering through the lean times, except for your own personal vindication. Same goes for knowledge of the sport. It makes no sense to the pink hats and the heavy cologne crowd, they just wait for jumbotron to tell them what to do.

When(if?) the day comes and the Jackets are a team that contends consistently, you're probably going to see a boatload of these bandwagoners. I doubt we'll get brownie points for enduring the suck.

*It's a Doctor Who reference. Watch "Kinda," fer pete's sake.

Old
01-03-2012, 10:11 PM
DaveCBJ
Boom. Outta here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonz View Post

When(if?) the day comes and the Jackets are a team that contends consistently, you're probably going to see a boatload of these bandwagoners. I doubt we'll get brownie points for enduring the suck.
You just came up with the 2011-2012 slogan to replace "Gotta See It Live". Now it shall be "Endure the Suck". That will keep me laughing until the next home game. Then I will go back to weeping openly.

Old
01-04-2012, 02:56 AM
ThisIsMyAlibi
Howson = Herminated

So are all four members of the ACA gonna show up Thursday? LOL.

Old
01-04-2012, 05:44 AM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

This is a curious thread about a few fans that have tried to make a name for themselves....

Honestly, I really continue to have no idea what they are all about. I'd rather have Matt the Mask back in the Nat, sadly, I think this team burned him out rather quickly.

Old
01-04-2012, 07:14 AM
BluejacketNut

Ive never seen a fan base cannibalize their own like on here, sad, much like the Jackets

Old
01-04-2012, 07:31 AM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluejacketNut View Post
Ive never seen a fan base cannibalize their own like on here, sad, much like the Jackets
And that is why ACA failed, their first plan of action was to attack other fans and groups. They have since wised up but the damage has already been done.

Old
01-04-2012, 07:33 AM
plong123
Litebrite Stinger

Quote:
You just came up with the 2011-2012 slogan to replace "Gotta See It Live". Now it shall be "Endure the Suck". That will keep me laughing until the next home game. Then I will go back to weeping openly.
Agreed. that is too funny. I might make a new avatar based on this theme. To be continued...

Old
01-04-2012, 08:15 AM
Columbus Mike
Next CBJ GM

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1857 Howitzer View Post
And that is why ACA failed, their first plan of action was to attack other fans and groups. They have since wised up but the damage has already been done.
When did this happen? Aside from Jacket Backers, are there any other fan groups?

Old
01-04-2012, 08:29 AM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbus Mike View Post
When did this happen? Aside from Jacket Backers, are there any other fan groups?
When did the attacks happen? They started before ACA had even attended a game via their online outlets.

Groups Includes the Jacket Backers, people that sit in other areas of the arena and long time fans.

Old
01-04-2012, 09:18 AM
CBJCountryClub

Personally I think many fans, including the jacket backers, are intimidated by the ACA. The ACA has come a long way on a short time - even though there may only be 20 or so ACAers at some games, over 400 scarves have been distributed including to several players. The ACA movement has momentum, I just hope they get a section in the lower bowl to increase their visibility and presence. I just hope the CBJ don't listen too much to other fans who seem out to vanquish the ACA for no other reason except that they are intimidated.

#werefromcolumbusandwelikeit

Old
01-04-2012, 09:33 AM
ZachACA

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJCountryClub View Post
Personally I think many fans, including the jacket backers, are intimidated by the ACA. The ACA has come a long way on a short time - even though there may only be 20 or so ACAers at some games, over 400 scarves have been distributed including to several players. The ACA movement has momentum, I just hope they get a section in the lower bowl to increase their visibility and presence. I just hope the CBJ don't listen too much to other fans who seem out to vanquish the ACA for no other reason except that they are intimidated.

#werefromcolumbusandwelikeit
Thank you for the kind words, but as people have said on here, it doesn't matter. In our first few months, we made some mistakes as a group and that will apparently follow us for the rest of our time as an organization. It's either people hate our name, hate the way we chant, hate that we one member may have drunkenly upset them in some way...

I've said it before and I'll say it again. It seems that each person that didn't like us before, but has gotten to know us after, have forgiven us for any past discretions. I got to hang out with Patrick aka TigerBlood during the Nashville trip and we had a great time together. I think I still owe him a beer. I like to look at last season as basically our group being in that 13-15 year old range. Do you remember the things you did as an early teenager, and how embarrassing they could be when you got older? This season, we have not insulted any fans, policed ourselves when any member got out of line, and despite repeated claims, we have never yelled anything out during a national anthem. We have acted responsibly, shown up at every game (though yes, there are games when we only have 5-7 people) and always do our best to lose our voice, chanting our teams chants, trying to create player and team specific ones...if you don't like our idea of having a good time and making Nationwide a fun place, that's perfectly okay. We knew going in that people were gonna not like us. But...I just don't see how some of you have the same hostility to us. Then again, as I stated in the beginning of this post, it doesn't matter at all....

Old
01-04-2012, 09:48 AM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachACA View Post
Thank you for the kind words, but as people have said on here, it doesn't matter. In our first few months, we made some mistakes as a group and that will apparently follow us for the rest of our time as an organization. It's either people hate our name, hate the way we chant, hate that we one member may have drunkenly upset them in some way...
You became a publicly known entity. Don't sweat it.

Frankly it's not a topic worth this much investment and this many pages. No offense or to the group intended. We seem to be really bored around here with the team doing bad. Recipe for disaster.

Old
01-04-2012, 11:47 AM
IBleedUnionBlue

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachACA View Post
there are games when we only have 5-7 people
That's not an army, that's not even a platoon.

Old
01-04-2012, 12:32 PM
Viqsi
"They're back."

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Marketing has to make things look more attractive, not less. Therefore, I submit as your ironic slogan "Keep Piling On."

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Old
01-04-2012, 12:47 PM
Double-Shift Lassé
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
We seem to be really bored around here with the team doing bad.
So someone else noticed.

Old
01-04-2012, 01:04 PM
ThisIsMyAlibi
Howson = Herminated

Quote:
Personally I think many fans, including the jacket backers, are intimidated by the ACA.
Eh, more like turned off by the "We're True Fans™ because we're loud!" vibe.

Quote:
The ACA has come a long way on a short time - even though there may only be 20 or so ACAers at some games, over 400 scarves have been distributed including to several players.
"Some games" should be "very few." Most fans here claim to see 4-7 ACAers at most games. Probably the same few each time...

and total distribution of the scarves really means nothing if they're not coming out. If I put my free magazine in 20,000 mailboxes, does that mean I have 20,000 readers? It's a hollow number.

Quote:
The ACA movement has momentum, I just hope they get a section in the lower bowl to increase their visibility and presence.
With this momentum it'll only take 50,000 distributed scarves to get 1000 to show up to a game.

Old
01-04-2012, 01:17 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassé View Post
So someone else noticed.
I decided to state the obvious since the obvious seemed to be less than obvious, obviously.

Old
01-04-2012, 01:26 PM
Double-Shift Lassé
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
I decided to state the obvious since the obvious seemed to be less than obvious, obviously.

Old
01-04-2012, 01:33 PM
fox2usp
Inbred Cat

I'm amused that all haven't caught on to CBJCountryClub being tongue in cheek yet. I wonder which of you he is?

"I don't think I'll live long enough to forgive Howson for knocking off my rose colored glasses. He's a horrible, wretched, little stinker of a man. I just hope he wakes up in the morning and can't poop." -CBJCougar (on the Klesla trade), March 23, 2011
Old
01-04-2012, 02:00 PM
CBJCountryClub

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox2usp View Post
I'm amused that all haven't caught on to CBJCountryClub being tongue in cheek yet. I wonder which of you he is?
Look, I regret taking the name "country club" on here. I did so because I work at little turtle CC. Everybody seems to think my name somehow reflects all the "Nationwide Arena CC" stuff, which was never my intention.

I admire and support the ACA (and I am a card carrying, scarf wearing member) because they stand for the same things I do - they support the CBJ. No. Matter. What.

One day you will be all kissing my a** once Howson and Arniel overcome the doubters and put the CBJ on top where they belong. And I will be able to say my commitment and support never wavered.

Closed Thread