HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Watch your Staple Center receipts (got overcharged)

Old
01-04-2012, 04:49 PM
KingNothing4

vCash: 500
Watch your Staple Center receipts (got overcharged)

Just wanted to give a heads up because a lady at a concessions stand charged my $2 tip as $20 instead. I put a big 2 then a period then two little zeroes on the tip line, and wrote $24.50 on the total line ($22.50 + $2.00...for two beers, oy!). My credit card statement shows $44.50, so not sure if she fudged with my numbers or if she put it in the computer wrong or what... Called S.C. and awaiting the return call from Concessions. Going to call my bank, as well.

KingNothing4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 05:09 PM
DaAnimal

sorry to hear that man.

I'm sure staples will take care of it. If it doesnt get resolved, im sure your bank will take care of it.

DaAnimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 05:20 PM
The Big Giant Head

vCash: 50
Hope i dont sound like to big dick becsaue i do tip but why bother with a tip at the concession stand? I dont tip the kid on the other side of the counter when i go to mcdonalds for getting me my food just like i dont tip the lady at the concession stand getting me an EXTREMELY over priced watered down beer...

I'll be there tomorrow so thanks for the heads up.

The Big Giant Head is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 05:42 PM
The Butcher
Gutless

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Giant Head View Post
Hope i dont sound like to big dick becsaue i do tip but why bother with a tip at the concession stand? I dont tip the kid on the other side of the counter when i go to mcdonalds for getting me my food just like i dont tip the lady at the concession stand getting me an EXTREMELY over priced watered down beer...

I'll be there tomorrow so thanks for the heads up.
I'm a little embarassed to admit this but I worked at the Pond for a season as a "beertender" and let me tell you that not all the concession people are created equal. I made it a point to poor as many beers as I possibly could during the intermissions because I know people really wanted to get back to their seats.

Most of the people who work in the concessions are not the cream of societies proverbial crop. Many of them couldn't care less about getting their line moving quickly and half of them can barely read. It really wasn't that hard to stand out and I always made great money in tips because people who were at alot of games knew my beer line would move the quickest.

Even as hard as you work to get the line moving, about every 3rd or 4th jackass wouldn't have their money, selection, or ID ready for me and slow my line down. My advice would be to NOT tip these vendors unless you can clearly see they are moving quickly for you. The good tippers ALWAYS made my night.

Last edited by The Butcher: 01-04-2012 at 06:26 PM. Reason: I'm still learning to read and write english
The Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 05:52 PM
Quattro

I'm sure they'll fix it. That said, I always use cash at Staples or any sporting event.

Quattro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 06:06 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

In general, I only tip when I am sitting in the PR section and the servers come there to take my order and then deliver my food/beverages.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 12:58 PM
KingNothing4

I guess I tip just because it's the norm. She was a nice lady, though, so hopefully she just goofed up putting it in the computer or whatever. Will be using cash from now on just to avoid the annoyance.

Haven't heard from concessions yet, but it is still early. I'll let you guys know what SC does for me.

Old
01-05-2012, 06:44 PM
Ajtacker

Ive worked in the food industry for a long time, I almost always tip, if I can afford it. 

Ajtacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 10:14 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
I'm 38 years old, I've never heard of tipping at a concession stand. Sucks that that happened but your bank should go to bat for you on this one. The fact that you tipped where people normally don't kind of removes some of the finger pointing, have to believe it was an honest mistake.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 10:41 PM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
I tip everyone I come across. Busboys, bellboys, Bob's Big Boy, I would even tip the Beastie Boys if I came across them.

Gentle Ben Kenobi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 10:56 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
I tip everyone I come across. Busboys, bellboys, Bob's Big Boy, I would even tip the Beastie Boys if I came across them.
Do handfuls of change count as tips?

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 03:54 PM
Wildturkey12
Do It!

vCash: 2400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
Do handfuls of change count as tips?
I like to save the fortunes from fortune cookies and give them to people instead of tips. A lifetime of wisdom is more valuable then a few dollars for the short term. People really seem to appreciate it.

Amex is great in situations like this. Usually it only takes one phone call.

Wildturkey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 04:19 PM
KingNothing4

Well the concessions folks haven't called. My bank is going to request a copy of the receipt and then hopefully get it figured out for me. If they come back and say my receipt says $44.50 or $22 tip, then the lady ****ed with my receipt and I'll be a little pissed. It was at a beer stand and I always tip alcohol service, figured most did haha. I never tip food concessions though.

Old
01-06-2012, 06:23 PM
The Butcher
Gutless

TIP!

It behooves you.

Trust me.

The Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 06:54 PM
Quattro

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNothing4 View Post
Well the concessions folks haven't called. My bank is going to request a copy of the receipt and then hopefully get it figured out for me. If they come back and say my receipt says $44.50 or $22 tip, then the lady ****ed with my receipt and I'll be a little pissed. It was at a beer stand and I always tip alcohol service, figured most did haha. I never tip food concessions though.
if you're a STH, I'd let your rep know...

Quattro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 04:03 PM
KingNothing4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quattro View Post
if you're a STH, I'd let your rep know...
I'm not, unfortunately. Never heard from SC, but sounds like my bank will take care of it, hopefully.