HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

Canucks Injury Thread: Sedin indefinite (concussion), Rome out 7-10 days (knee)

Closed Thread

Old
01-04-2012, 01:20 PM
Eddy Punch Clock
Gold Jerry!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post
Booth seriously has to be one of the happiest, go-lucky guys I've ever witnessed.
He's got that joy joy joy deep down in his heart

WHERE?

down in his heart, down in his heart

And if the devil doesn't like it he can sit on a tack

OUCH!

sit on a tack, sit on a tack

Old
01-04-2012, 01:58 PM
YogiCanucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtr3m View Post
JAY JANOWER @DOUBLEJGLOBALBC
David Booth taking to the ice..has regular jersey on..all smiles whipping around the ice..
While he may be a couple games away still, all these articles saying he was still a little ways away still seem to be based off of the one Booth quote after his first practice.

Old
01-04-2012, 01:58 PM
Bobby Lou
We Surrender

I never thought I'd be so stoked to see Rome close to returning; that Rome-Ballard combo was extremely solid before the injury.

Old
01-04-2012, 03:38 PM
Sugarhigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Lou View Post
I never thought I'd be so stoked to see Rome close to returning; that Rome-Ballard combo was extremely solid before the injury.
While this statement is true... I have to admit Andrew Alberts has been play some great hockey for us also (great for his cap hit of course)

Old
01-04-2012, 03:41 PM
Bobby Lou
We Surrender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarhigh View Post
While this statement is true... I have to admit Andrew Alberts has been play some great hockey for us also (great for his cap hit of course)
Rome remains an upgrade on Alberts in my opinion. Better mobility, better first pass, and more consistent. I actually don't think there is much of a physicality drop-off either...the only thing I really see Alberts having is a bit more size.

Old
01-04-2012, 03:44 PM
Eddy Punch Clock
Gold Jerry!!!

Quote:
Rome remains an upgrade on Alberts in my opinion. Better mobility, better first pass, and more consistent. I actually don't think there is much of a physicality drop-off either...the only thing I really see Alberts having is a bit more size.
Not to mention the goal scoring guru he has become this year.

Old
01-04-2012, 03:52 PM
RobertKron

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanuck View Post
Wonder why we couldn't put Bitz on a conditioning stint to see where he was at first? We did the same with Salo last year.
Conditioning stint is 14 days. It's going to take more than 14 days for him to get back to NHL readiness. If, after 14 days, it's clear that he's going to be back in the NHL at some point, the Canucks would then have to waive him to let him keep getting up to speed. Why not do it now, when other teams haven't had a chance to see him at all instead of risking attracting some interest and potentially losing him at a later date?

Old
01-04-2012, 04:09 PM
Wetcoaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MW View Post
Conditioning stint is 14 days. It's going to take more than 14 days for him to get back to NHL readiness. If, after 14 days, it's clear that he's going to be back in the NHL at some point, the Canucks would then have to waive him to let him keep getting up to speed. Why not do it now, when other teams haven't had a chance to see him at all instead of risking attracting some interest and potentially losing him at a later date?
That to me seems the sort of thinking that Canucks management would be using in waiving Bitz.

Old
01-04-2012, 04:26 PM
Wetcoaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by YogiCanucks View Post
While he may be a couple games away still, all these articles saying he was still a little ways away still seem to be based off of the one Booth quote after his first practice.
Here is the video clip of Booth's post practise interview today:
http://video.canucks.nhl.com/videoce...=804&id=147141

Old
01-04-2012, 04:31 PM
BAuldie

Send a message via ICQ to BAuldie Send a message via MSN to BAuldie
Quote:
Originally Posted by MW View Post
Basically.. you waive him when he hasn't played a competitive game in months, nobody is going to sniff, but if he shows something but not quite enough after 14 days, that may be a different story.

Old
01-04-2012, 11:58 PM
keslerburrows

Not that I want to rush him or anything (Booth), but please be able to play against Boston!

Old
01-05-2012, 12:21 AM
PG Canuck

vCash: 1512
Quote:
Originally Posted by keslerburrows View Post
Not that I want to rush him or anything (Booth), but please be able to play against Boston!
As much as I want him to play against them as well, I think it's best we leave him out for sure against them. They'd probably target his knee...

Old
01-05-2012, 12:24 AM
Eddy Punch Clock
Gold Jerry!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by keslerburrows View Post
Thats the last team I want a guy returning from an injury to play.

No mercy, sweep the legs!

Old
01-05-2012, 12:26 AM
flack

Hope Booth can debut at Boston. His style of play is probably good against Tim Tomas.

Old
01-05-2012, 01:06 AM
ProstheticConscience
WWIII

vCash: 883
Oh jesus pogostick-jumping christ, DO NOT put Booth in against Boston his first game back. Guaranteeing a submarine special if he plays his first game back from injury.

Old
01-05-2012, 01:30 AM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProstheticConscience View Post
Oh jesus pogostick-jumping christ, DO NOT put Booth in against Boston his first game back. Guaranteeing a submarine special if he plays his first game back from injury.
Pretty much my thoughts. While on the one hand I'd love to have him healthy and playing in that game so we actually have a fully healthy unit going against them, the idea of the Bruins targeting him and intentionally trying to injure him absolutely does not sit well with me.

Really glad that he's close to returning, though.

Old
01-05-2012, 01:34 AM
flack

Quote:
Pretty much my thoughts. While on the one hand I'd love to have him healthy and playing in that game so we actually have a fully healthy unit going against them, the idea of the Bruins targeting him and intentionally trying to injure him absolutely does not sit well with me.

Really glad that he's close to returning, though.
If they are gonna do that please don't ban me for wishing injury upon their players on this thread.

Old
01-05-2012, 02:07 AM
BLAME CANADA*
The Canucks did it

I wonder at the end of our next game how many more players will be added to this thread.

Old
01-05-2012, 02:20 AM
PG Canuck

vCash: 1512
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAME CANADA View Post
I wonder at the end of our next game how many more players will be added to this thread.
None. You can bet both teams will be getting warnings that they'll be watched very closely by their actions on the ice, and Shanaban will come down hard (lol, not against the Bruins though) with suspensions if anything foolish is done.

Old
01-05-2012, 05:42 AM
orcatown

Quote:
Over the last few games Alberts has been darn good. Right now Rome doesn't seem anything like an upgrade.

Old
01-05-2012, 09:52 AM
Barney Gumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by orcatown View Post
Over the last few games Alberts has been darn good. Right now Rome doesn't seem anything like an upgrade.
Nice to have as a spare (as given our history, you'll know we'll need at least one).

Old
01-05-2012, 09:59 AM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by flack View Post
If they are gonna do that please don't ban me for wishing injury upon their players on this thread.
Two wrongs don't make a right. Wishing injury on players is not allowed on the boards. If you find yourself wanting to do so, step away from the computer for a while.

Old
01-05-2012, 10:39 AM
ddawg1950

Quote:
Two wrongs don't make a right. Wishing injury on players is not allowed on the boards. If you find yourself wanting to do so, step away from the computer for a while.
An excellent suggestion on a number of different levels.

Old
01-05-2012, 12:04 PM
Bobby Lou
We Surrender

Quote:
Originally Posted by orcatown View Post
Alberts has a habit of stringing together decent games in limited action; over the length of both players tenures Rome is clearly more reliable. I'll admit Alberts is looking decent at the moment, but he's looked decent in the past.

I am in no way advocating taking Alberts out when Rome is healthy necessarily, as I think more practice time can only help a guy coming back from injury, but it's only a matter of time until Alberts tosses up a dud, and Rome is back in in my opinion.

Old
01-05-2012, 12:11 PM
YogiCanucks

Quote:
Alberts has a habit of stringing together decent games in limited action; over the length of both players tenures Rome is clearly more reliable. I'll admit Alberts is looking decent at the moment, but he's looked decent in the past.

I am in no way advocating taking Alberts out when Rome is healthy necessarily, as I think more practice time can only help a guy coming back from injury, but it's only a matter of time until Alberts tosses up a dud, and Rome is back in in my opinion.
Actually I'd say quite the opposite. I'd say they are about the same over a long stretch (Rome with the edge b/c of disicpline). Alberts REALLY struggles when he hasn't played in a while.

Closed Thread