HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Official OT Thread--Kings Lounge XI

Closed Thread

Old
12-31-2011, 09:12 PM
Mully12
John Jackson!

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Mully12 Send a message via Yahoo to Mully12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Out of like 15 playthroughs till at least 2015, I have never once seen Bernier develop into a NHL goaltender or even come close really. I just traded him in a package for Regehr The original database obviously has it's biases and isn't perfect, but Bernier really got hosed in this game.

Thanks for the recommendations, it has been a while since I have checked them out, so I will give them a try.
Np, and I've noticed the same thing about Bernier, but as is to be expected, Quick gets shafted on his ratings pretty bad in the latest update.

I've put tons of time into this game, in year 2027 right now, most current players are retired and coaching, Kopitar is my Ass't GM.

Last edited by Mully12: 12-31-2011 at 09:25 PM.
Old
01-01-2012, 12:32 AM
Moses Doughty
LA's offense offends

Quote:
Out of like 15 playthroughs till at least 2015, I have never once seen Bernier develop into a NHL goaltender or even come close really. I just traded him in a package for Regehr The original database obviously has it's biases and isn't perfect, but Bernier really got hosed in this game.

Thanks for the recommendations, it has been a while since I have checked them out, so I will give them a try.
If you want current DB just wait for Lidas 4.0 with updated ratings

Old
01-01-2012, 11:22 AM
Vamos Rafa
ˇVamos!

Any reason why the Winter Classic is held on the 2nd? I actually turned the TV on earlier this morning, thinking the game was today.

Old
01-01-2012, 11:24 AM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 50
No can compete with the NFL. Believe NBC's contract with the NHL has something to make sure that doesn't happen.

Old
01-01-2012, 11:34 AM
Vamos Rafa
ˇVamos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
No can compete with the NFL. Believe NBC's contract with the NHL has something to make sure that doesn't happen.
Oh, that's right. I don't watch the NFL so that's why I didn't realize this year's New Year's Day was on a Sunday.

Old
01-01-2012, 07:53 PM
Mully12
John Jackson!

Send a message via AIM to Mully12 Send a message via Yahoo to Mully12
Telos, Moses, and anyone else who has played long into EHM, have you guys noticed a lot of franchise forwards being Russians later on in the game? I've got 4 or 5 on my team in 2027 who are just phenomenal and I was curious if this happened to you guys as well, or if it is just a flukey thing in my game.

Old
01-01-2012, 11:32 PM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

Craziness! Never seen that before

Old
01-02-2012, 12:42 PM
TonySCV
One More Time

NBC is showing 70 years of sports highlights for the next hour or so. Some great stuff. Gibsons home run still gives me chills.

Old
01-02-2012, 01:05 PM
Vamos Rafa
ˇVamos!

I hope this new NBC Sports channel will be available to basic cable. If NBC wants to compete with ESPN, they better give people an easier access.

Old
01-02-2012, 01:58 PM
Vamos Rafa
ˇVamos!

HAHAHAHAHA BLUE *****, says Milbury!

Old
01-02-2012, 02:07 PM
Vamos Rafa
ˇVamos!

******* you, KNBC. You better show the ****ing game.

Old
01-03-2012, 11:19 AM
Butch 19
King me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grillinnap View Post
I hope this new NBC Sports channel will be available to basic cable. If NBC wants to compete with ESPN, they better give people an easier access.
AND move the channel number to be closer to ESPN's numbers.

We have Time Warner cable, and ESPN in 424 (+ various other ESPN channels are in 420s), but NBCS (VS) is 469. Sports viewers will not bump into NBCS if it is not close to ESPN. Hopefully, NBC has enough clout (and $) to get this done with providers.

Being "moved" to basic service is #1 priority, adjusting channel # should be #2 priority.

Old
01-03-2012, 01:15 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
I am jealous of the kids of the future... (yes it is fake, but you know it is coming. I want my hoverboard, but not when I am 50, damn you Back to the Future for ruining the future for me with your faulty predictions!)

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi

Last edited by Telos: 01-03-2012 at 01:23 PM.
Old
01-03-2012, 01:22 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch 19 View Post
AND move the channel number to be closer to ESPN's numbers.

We have Time Warner cable, and ESPN in 424 (+ various other ESPN channels are in 420s), but NBCS (VS) is 469. Sports viewers will not bump into NBCS if it is not close to ESPN. Hopefully, NBC has enough clout (and $) to get this done with providers.

Being "moved" to basic service is #1 priority, adjusting channel # should be #2 priority.
It's even worse on DirecTv. ESPN is in the lows 200's and NBCS is 603, with the Fox Sports channels.

Old
01-04-2012, 12:21 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Vote for Quick for WSJ photo of the year...

http://graphicsweb.wsj.com/documents...q=&x=&y=&p=262

Old
01-04-2012, 12:42 AM
Dooney
Love me some Carter!

Hey Telos,

How are the Savannah's doing? Post some pictures. Hope you are enjoying all of their antics!

Old
01-04-2012, 01:46 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooney View Post
Hey Telos,

How are the Savannah's doing? Post some pictures. Hope you are enjoying all of their antics!
Hah. They are doing fine. Their antics definitely can be a handful sometimes, so much energy... Always destroying something. They are pretty intelligent too, I can't keep them away from anything, they know how to open doors now and not many in the house lock, so I had to cat proof like every single room in the house and make sure they couldn't get into trouble anywhere.

This is Talia maybe 5 months ago or so, when she was skinny

Both of them 4 months ago:

Here they are looking evil 3 months ago, she's gaining weight, Kiri is staying pretty relative to her size.

More modern (they still look the same), Here they are two months ago caught sleeping on the washing machine:

Old
01-04-2012, 09:02 AM
Dooney
Love me some Carter!

Quote:
Hah. They are doing fine. Their antics definitely can be a handful sometimes, so much energy... Always destroying something. They are pretty intelligent too, I can't keep them away from anything, they know how to open doors now and not many in the house lock, so I had to cat proof like every single room in the house and make sure they couldn't get into trouble anywhere.

Here they are looking evil 3 months ago, she's gaining weight, Kiri is staying pretty relative to her size.

More modern (they still look the same), Here they are two months ago caught sleeping on the washing machine:

They are beautiful! Love how their colors are developing. Its funny how good they are about getting into things and opening doors. Mine does that too all the time. Thanks for the update.

Old
01-04-2012, 10:50 AM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
NBC is showing 70 years of sports highlights for the next hour or so. Some great stuff. Gibsons home run still gives me chills.
The question I've always had was why would Eckersley throw Gibson an off speed pitch when the guy could barely walk to the plate? Throw him the heat! Has to go down as one of the dumbest calls in sports history. You clearly have a wounded opponent so you make it easy on him by throwing him something he can catch up to?

Old
01-04-2012, 12:09 PM
Butch 19
King me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
The question I've always had was why would Eckersley throw Gibson an off speed pitch when the guy could barely walk to the plate? Throw him the heat! Has to go down as one of the dumbest calls in sports history. You clearly have a wounded opponent so you make it easy on him by throwing him something he can catch up to?
Because he had succeeded with that pitch all season...??

Dodger scouts knew it was coming and they had told Gibson, "if he gets you 3-2, look for the backdoor slider." If you watch the video again, look at Gibson as he steps out of the box after another foul ball, he smirks a little to himself, when he realizes what Eck will likely throw to him.

In 1988 (Geez, that's a LONG time ago) I was living in an apartment in Claremont, and when Gibson hit the homerun, you could hear yelling and cheering from the entire complex. It was awesome.

Old
01-04-2012, 12:20 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch 19 View Post
Because he had succeeded with that pitch all season...??

Dodger scouts knew it was coming and they had told Gibson, "if he gets you 3-2, look for the backdoor slider." If you watch the video again, look at Gibson as he steps out of the box after another foul ball, he smirks a little to himself, when he realizes what Eck will likely throw to him.

In 1988 (Geez, that's a LONG time ago) I was living in an apartment in Claremont, and when Gibson hit the homerun, you could hear yelling and cheering from the entire complex. It was awesome.
That's over thinking. It's like a boxer almost knocking out his opponent and then deciding to try and get the jab going. I would have thrown him a fast ball every pitch. Wasn't Gibson way late on the previous fast ball? Just makes no sense. I was a Met fan at the time, went to see them lose in the playoffs the series before so seeing the Dodgers win still stings. Never understood that pitch sequence, never will.

Old
01-05-2012, 02:50 AM
Wildturkey12
Do It!

vCash: 2400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
That's over thinking. It's like a boxer almost knocking out his opponent and then deciding to try and get the jab going. I would have thrown him a fast ball every pitch. Wasn't Gibson way late on the previous fast ball? Just makes no sense. I was a Met fan at the time, went to see them lose in the playoffs the series before so seeing the Dodgers win still stings. Never understood that pitch sequence, never will.
He fouled the first fast ball straight back and then threw a few high and outside fast balls after a few breaking pitches. He had no other pitch to throw. That backdoor slider always worked for him.

Old
01-05-2012, 02:54 AM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Old
01-05-2012, 06:54 AM
nocturn

Quote:

Good look'n mousers! Dont have a Savannah Cat but my little Orange Tabby from the pound is smart as hell also. He opens doors, flips light switches off/on, shimmys up door jambs and was even toilet trained, with flush, for about 4 months. I couldnt keep up with his training. Also had to lock him out of the bedroom at night. Little booger kept flipping the light switch on.

Here he is "halp'n" my daughter with Christmas...

Last edited by nocturn: 01-05-2012 at 09:56 AM. Reason: added pic
Old
01-05-2012, 09:25 AM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by nocturn View Post
Good look'n mousers! Dont have a Savannah Cat but my little Orange Tabby from the pound is smart as hell also. He opens doors, flips light switches off/on, shimmys up door jambs and was even toilet trained, with flush, for about 4 months. I couldnt keep up with his training. Also had to lock him out of the bedroom at night. Little booger kept flipping the light switch on.
Nocturn has a *****en' litter box

Closed Thread