HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Barch suspended one game

Old
01-05-2012, 11:40 AM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

vCash: 500
Barch suspended one game

George Richards @OnFrozenPond
#FlaPanthers Krys Barch suspended one game for insensitive remarks

adam graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 11:49 AM
Panthers Rock
Oh...Yeah ;)

Send a message via AIM to Panthers Rock
For the best really, I don't even trust him to play tonight if he wasn't suspended, what with back to back misconducts.

Florida Panthers: 2014 NHL Entry Draft Lottery...Winners?
Panthers Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 11:51 AM
PBPantherfan
Here we go again

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
George Richards @OnFrozenPond
#FlaPanthers Krys Barch suspended one game for insensitive remarks
LOL at insensitive remarks. If it was just insensitive and not racial they need to suspend every player out there. I just hope we find out what he said, but we will probably never know. But it couldn't have been too bad Avery got more for his comments.

PBPantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 11:54 AM
blackpanthers

I feel like this suspension is to protect the credibility of the linesman who made the accusation

blackpanthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 11:54 AM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

What are the guidelines for insensitive remarks? Jeez... if you watch 24/7 neither team could ice 6 players.

Old
01-05-2012, 12:00 PM
16Skippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackpanthers View Post
I feel like this suspension is to protect the credibility of the linesman who made the accusation
This.

If it wasn't racist or anything I would think there would be no suspension; if it was racist I would think there would be larger suspension.

16Skippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 12:02 PM
Beezeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16Skippy View Post
This.

If it wasn't racist or anything I would think there would be no suspension; if it was racist I would think there would be larger suspension.

Exactly. It seems like this was one of those situations where Barch was made to fall on the grenade. He probably said something stupid, but not racial

Beezeral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 12:06 PM
blackpanthers

“@OnFrozenPond: Word is #FlaPanthers Krys Barch gets 1 game for asking PK Subban if he 'slipped on a banana peel' after going down in fight w/ Gudbranson”

blackpanthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 12:07 PM
gizmo12688

Quote:
Word is #FlaPanthers Krys Barch gets 1 game for asking PK Subban if he 'slipped on a banana peel' after going down in fight w/ Gudbranson
-GR

Really? Is that all he said?

gizmo12688 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 12:10 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Harvey Fialkov @hfialkov Barch said league told him if it was racial he wouldve got 5-7 games

Old
01-05-2012, 12:19 PM
Laus723
Future Now

The league has gotten that sensitive that you can't ask a black player if he slipped on a banana peel? Really? I'm well aware of the earlier incident, but this is outrageous. Subban dropped like a rock when Erik went over to him, and that's what he was referring to, clearly.

Barch, his agent, the whole damn team, and the player's union needs to rally around him and fight this suspension. That's ********. Had he said it to anyone else, Neil years ago, not a damn thing. But because some dumbass threw a banana at Subban players can't refer to his falling quickly in a manner that's been asked for how long???

Awful.

01-05-2012, 12:20 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Harvey Fialkov @hfialkov Barch said league told him if it was racial he wouldve got 5-7 games
So he got 1 for...nothing??

Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 12:26 PM
zeroG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
maybe their point was more like "if it was *obviously* racial....

i think it's pretty embarrassing as it is. everyone is apparently very sensitive about bananas right now players would do well to leave them out of their trash talking entirely.

zeroG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 12:27 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
I believe the suspension is to validate the overreaching by the linesman. I just cant see how that comment on its face warrants a linesman to eject the player. Its too sublective.

Agent will consult with a lawyer, who will advise has an action against the ref for intentional infliction of emotional distress and Defamation. Agent will than advise Barch to let it die.

Clearly Lausy there has to be some guidelines impimente; as the ramifications of such a penalty/suspension hangs on a player for a long time and can be career ending, IMHO.

Last edited by adam graves: 01-05-2012 at 12:31 PM. Reason: spelling
Old
01-05-2012, 12:32 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
I believe the suspension is to validate the overreaching by the linesman. I just cant see how that comment on its face warrants a linesman to eject the player. Its too sublective.

Agent will consult with a lawyer, who will advise has an action against the ref for intentional infliction of emotional distress and Defamation. Agent will than advise Barch to let it die.

Clearly Lausy there has to be some guidelines, as the ramifications of such a penalty/suspension hangs on a player for a long time and can be career ending, IMHO.
If that's the case, as I said, I'd rather the Panthers protest this game and not play. It's literally outrageous. If the lineman was sensitive to it and wasn't sure what he referred to, then it's explained to him, it comes out as a full misunderstanding, an explanation is given, and everyone's hands are washed clean.

You don't suspend a guy for something that had ZERO reference to race and EVERYTHING to do with actions. Stand behind the player, don't let his reputation be tarnished because you want to save face.

Won't name which, but I guarantee there's "watch groups" ready to pounce and they were all over this before Barch reached the dressing room. I'm concerned that that's what the NHL is afraid of, and are punishing a guy for nothing.

Old
01-05-2012, 12:35 PM
Lola
Future Panthers

Unbelievable.

Lola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 12:38 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
If that's the case, as I said, I'd rather the Panthers protest this game and not play. It's literally outrageous. If the lineman was sensitive to it and wasn't sure what he referred to, then it's explained to him, it comes out as a full misunderstanding, an explanation is given, and everyone's hands are washed clean.

You don't suspend a guy for something that had ZERO reference to race and EVERYTHING to do with actions. Stand behind the player, don't let his reputation be tarnished because you want to save face.

Won't name which, but I guarantee there's "watch groups" ready to pounce and they were all over this before Barch reached the dressing room. I'm concerned that that's what the NHL is afraid of, and are punishing a guy for nothing.
Agreed.

The slippery slope by giving this linesman credit for running with that comment and tossing Barch is frightening.

Old
01-05-2012, 12:38 PM
Boooooth10

If he wasn't suspended for racism, then why was he even suspended?

And the hell is up with Cole? Why was he trying to start something about Barch talking Subban's Jamaican mom?

Boooooth10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 12:44 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Agreed.

The slippery slope by giving this linesman credit for running with that comment and tossing Barch is frightening.
Outrageous. And we can use Barch tonight after last week's end game antics. There's no justification for this. And honestly, I don't if it was Clemmer who was getting suspended or Weiss (can you imagine??), no one should be suspended for this period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boooooth10 View Post

And the hell is up with Cole? Why was he trying to start something about Barch talking Subban's Jamaican mom?
Exactly. WTF is he suspended for? And who knows, he's a former Cane, he took a dive in the interviews apparently.

Old
01-05-2012, 12:45 PM
StrangeVision
HFBoards Sponsor

That is patently absurd. Oversensitivity at its worst.

StrangeVision is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 12:57 PM
PBPantherfan
Here we go again

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackpanthers View Post
“@OnFrozenPond: Word is #FlaPanthers Krys Barch gets 1 game for asking PK Subban if he 'slipped on a banana peel' after going down in fight w/ Gudbranson”
I guess he should have said you turtle quicker than Kopecky. I could understand if he said did you slip on a banana peel you bleeping monkey. That has a racial connotation and he deserves to get the misconduct and a suspension. But to make a guy lose a game check over that is total BS. This is to protect the ref who overreacted. Making a guy miss a game and 2/3rd's of another one over that comment is pathetic. Guds should beat the crap out of PK next game.

PBPantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 12:59 PM
RainingRats

pretty ridiculous

RainingRats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 12:59 PM
hoax15

Send a message via AIM to hoax15
Total bs.

Could sit here for 20 minutes talking about how dumb our society has become but I wont. If you feel that the suspension is justified, your wrong. Theres nothing racial about it, this was about making the league look good. I hope the NHLPA gets pissed off and does something about it.

hoax15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 01:00 PM
CatWoman34
Fool on the Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boooooth10 View Post
This is what I don't get... how is this worse than much of the chirping done on the ice?

I get that there could be implied racial undertones, but call me ignorant, but until the Simmonds incident in London Ont I had no idea that bananas could mean anything racial. Barch could have been equally in the dark.

Agreed with others - slippery slope and questionable suspension.

But at the same time - it's over with and let's move on. Subban and Barch have come to an understanding, and that's good enough for me.

CatWoman34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 01:01 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Again, think it has for more to it than making the ref look good, I wouldn't be surprised if the extra time was given so the talking heads could meet with those groups who always look to pounce.