HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Rumors out of the Wings camp..

Closed Thread

Old
11-05-2003, 03:23 AM
Zoran Manojlovic

vCash: 500
Rumors out of the Wings camp..

"But by Saturday's home game against Nashville, fans could see some more experience come to town.

"I'll be working the phones," Holland said. "We'll look at all of our options. We're in a battle for points (in the standings). Every game is valuable. It's a crucial time."

Though Holland wouldn't speculate about possibilities, some teams could be ready to make some changes that would help the Wings.

Washington, whose five points make it the worst team in the Eastern Co.ference, might be interested in unloading key personnel, including center Robert Lang ($5 million per season) and right wing Peter Bondra ($4.5 million).

Then there are unrestricted free agents -- possibly center Adam Oates or winger Steve Thomas -- who went unsigned by Anaheim during the off-season. Either might be interested in a return to the NHL.

Something needs to be done."

Here is the full article:

http://www.detnews.com/2003/wings/03...e01-316649.htm

Any thoughts?

Old
11-05-2003, 03:27 AM
Jovavic
Lose to CBJ?

Send a message via AIM to Jovavic
Oates.

Old
11-05-2003, 03:30 AM
Motown Beatdown
Need a slump buster

vCash: 450
I'll translate for Ken Holland.

Attention all GM's. Please bid on the Wings 2004 1st round pick.

Really though, I know Adam Oates had his problem here in Detroit in the past. But that was what, 15 years ago. The team could really use someone like Oates. And best of all, he is free (trade wise)

Bondra or Lang would be a nice addition, but at what cost?

Old
11-05-2003, 03:32 AM
Zoran Manojlovic

I would sign Oates for one year. He isn´t a huge impact player but would be a good insurance, plus he isn´t much worse than Lang.

But I think that our 1st rounder is loose at the moment..

Old
11-05-2003, 03:42 AM
Atlanta Jim

Trade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Zzzz
I would sign Oates for one year. He isn´t a huge impact player but would be a good insurance, plus he isn´t much worse than Lang.

But I think that our 1st rounder is loose at the moment..

I think this article has appeared in EVERY TEAMS newspaper. The Atlanta paper basically had the same thing. Looking for help.....calling 17 GM's ....willing to pick up a contract......

Old
11-05-2003, 03:51 AM
I_r_1337

Lang has been absolutly on FIRE since the season began and leads the team in points and has played the ebst defensive hockey I've ever seen him play in his life.. his stock may be somewhat higher than Ioriginally thought. Bondra has also shown some old flame and looks to have returned to his old form since being used on the PP point(unlike last year). Hard to say what exactly McPhee would ask for either of them right now because they're playing so good..would he still be willing to salary dump or would he be looking for equal exchange because of both players high value at this point in time.

Old
11-05-2003, 04:36 AM
btmarshall

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_r_1337
Lang has been absolutly on FIRE since the season began and leads the team in points and has played the ebst defensive hockey I've ever seen him play in his life.. his stock may be somewhat higher than Ioriginally thought. Bondra has also shown some old flame and looks to have returned to his old form since being used on the PP point(unlike last year). Hard to say what exactly McPhee would ask for either of them right now because they're playing so good..would he still be willing to salary dump or would he be looking for equal exchange because of both players high value at this point in time.

I have to disagree to some extent. Bondra's trade value is probably not very high, but that will be reflected in what you get out of him. He's not putting up any numbers.

Lang is on fire, as stated, still has a lot of good hockey left in him, and is playing a total two-way game. Three more points last night, for 13 points (5-8-13) in 12 games, currently tied for 9th in the NHL in scoring with Markus Naslund. Lang will be an expensive trade chip.

Start with a 1st then add a good prospect, I should think, to get Lang. Bondra would not cost as much.

Old
11-05-2003, 04:39 AM
donpaulo
Capt Barry Beck

if its a capital going to the motor city, the deal has jaromir jagr written all over it.
As far as signing oates, I disagree with a previous poster. Oates IS an impact player. Playing in last years finals should be proof enough of that. He is still solid, and would easily collect 40 or assists. Plus he fits right into that lockeroom of veterans. Great move should they make it.

Old
11-05-2003, 05:51 AM
Zoran Manojlovic

I guess we can belive in what Kenny is saying. He has signed Steve Thomas to a one year contract, but is ther more to come any time soon?

Old
11-05-2003, 06:02 AM
X8oD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Zzzz
I guess we can belive in what Kenny is saying. He has signed Steve Thomas to a one year contract, but is ther more to come any time soon?
Im sure there is

With Zett out, we are still at a net loss with this signing, coupled with Zett being out. We werent good before.

I do like the signing. especially when Zett comes back.

Old
11-05-2003, 06:11 AM
HeHateMeFrisbee

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to HeHateMeFrisbee Send a message via Yahoo to HeHateMeFrisbee
Just signed Steve Thomas.

www.sportsnet.ca

Old
11-05-2003, 07:09 AM
Frenzy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeHateMeFrisbee
Just signed Steve Thomas.

www.sportsnet.ca
Nice move, but doesn't solve there Center Problem. My guess is that they may still try to make a move for Lang and this signing was made to fill in what ever player/prospects, whatever, will be leaving the Wings.

Old
11-05-2003, 07:57 AM
in the net

Oats to Vancouver, has anyone else heard this????? :

Old
11-05-2003, 08:17 AM
Tinordi24*

Detroit just doesn't have many tradeable assets the Caps would want. Maybe draft picks but I think McPhee is looking to save his job so he'd want at least a young player who people can evaluate as opposed to a no-name draft pick. McFool is crafty like that!

Old
11-05-2003, 10:06 AM
fedorov_jr

Send a message via ICQ to fedorov_jr Send a message via MSN to fedorov_jr
Quote:
Originally Posted by in the net
Oats to Vancouver, has anyone else heard this????? :

i havent, but thats probably cuz there isnt a source.... or do u have one hidden in your pocket?

Old
11-05-2003, 10:31 AM
Boomhower

Lidstrom($9M)
Hasek($8M)
Yzerman($6M)
Hull($5.5M)
Chelios(4.5M)
Schneider($??)
Holmstrom($??)
Draper($??)
Woolley($.5M)-N/M
All these players contracts come off the books after this season(maybe more) and Cujo's($8M) will only have one year left. Hatcher will be the only BIG contract left with multiple years remaining.......I don't think this is by coincedence, Detroit has planned well for the new CBA(or a rebuilding phase, depending how you view it) and I doubt they will jeopardize that by aquiring a player with a long contract. But like some people have suggested I wouldn't doubt if Holland ponds off the first rounder for a player in the last year of his contract, like a Rolston, or a Zhamnov.

Old
11-05-2003, 10:40 AM
Motown Beatdown
Need a slump buster

vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomhower
Lidstrom($9M)
Hasek($8M)
Yzerman($6M)
Hull($5.5M)
Chelios(4.5M)
Schneider($??)
Holmstrom($??)
Draper($??)
Woolley($.5M)
All these players contracts come off the books after this season(maybe more) and Cujo's($8M) will only have one year left. Hatcher will be the only BIG contract left with multiple years remaining.......I don't think this is by coincedence, Detroit has planned well for the new CBA(or a rebuilding phase, depending how you view it) and I doubt they will jeopardize that by aquiring a player with a long contract. But like some people have suggested I wouldn't doubt if Holland ponds off the first rounder for a player in the last year of his contract, like a Rolston, or a Zhamnov.

Couple of corrects Boom. Dom makes 6 million this year. (took a paycut to get a NTC)
The Wings have a club option of 6.5 million on Shanny. I doubt they'll pick that up
Woolley is signed for next year for 875,000
Schneider makes 3.5 million
Homer makes 1.475 million
Draper makes 1.475 million also
Chelios makes just under 6 million

All in all, not counting the RFA's (Fischer, Devereaux, Dandenault, and Williams.) The wings have about 18 million tied up in contracts. (not counting Cujo of course)

Old
11-05-2003, 10:50 AM
Boomhower

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWI19
Couple of corrects Boom. Dom makes 6 million this year. (took a paycut to get a NTC)
The Wings have a club option of 6.5 million on Shanny. I doubt they'll pick that up

All in all, not counting the RFA's (Fischer, Devereaux, Dandenault, and Williams.) The wings have about 18 million tied up in contracts. (not counting Cujo of course)
Thanks, and yeah I knew Dom took a "cut", but he can still make $8M when bonuses kick in.(Although right now it looks unlikely :mad: )
I'm still not sure on Shanny, but he is why I had "maybe more" in brackets.....keep in mind if Detroit doesn't pick up that option I doubt he will re-sign with the wings for less.

Old
11-05-2003, 11:25 AM
garry1221

Send a message via AIM to garry1221
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWI19

i don't elieve it's ever been documented about hasekd getting the NTC ... it was in the works and i remember RWC had him at 6 mil, but they changed that back to 8 so im not sure if he ever did get the ntc

Old
11-06-2003, 05:29 AM
kingbrath

Oates to L.A
it doesnt look like Allsion will be back anytime soon, and it would be nice for the Kings to have a center to replace him

Old
11-06-2003, 05:49 AM
Kevin Forbes
Hockey's Future Staff

according to the "Bucks and Pucks" issue of The Hockey News
The Wings have 24.0 million tied up in 9 players next year (not counting option years)

Old
11-06-2003, 06:55 AM
garry1221

Send a message via AIM to garry1221
Quote:
Originally Posted by forbesy
according to the "Bucks and Pucks" issue of The Hockey News
The Wings have 24.0 million tied up in 9 players next year (not counting option years)
that would be correct

Hatcher: 5 mil
Hudler: 600k
Joseph: 8 mil (TBD if he's still w/ the team)
Legace: 1.3 mil
Maltby: 1.9 mil
McCarty: 2.25 mil
Whitney: 3.25 mil
Woolley: 875k
Zetterberg: 825k

option years
Datsyuk: 1.5 mil team/player option
Shanahan: 6.5 mil team option

http://www.allsports.com/nhl/redwing.../orgchart.html

Closed Thread